PDA

View Full Version : Build to Command an Undead God?

ScrambledBrains
2012-03-23, 08:09 PM
So....yeah. I'm wondering if it's possible to create a level 20 build, most books allowed, of a character who, not necessarily could kill a God, but could make the God an undead thrall? Assuming the God was killed by other Gods or some such, what would you need to enslave his corpse?

Calanon
2012-03-23, 08:28 PM
So....yeah. I'm wondering if it's possible to create a level 20 build, most books allowed, of a character who, not necessarily could kill a God, but could make the God an undead thrall? Assuming the God was killed by other Gods or some such, what would you need to enslave his corpse?

Umm? I guess you can use Psianimate Dead (From what my friend has alerted me to) since it allows the creature to keep all its sexy stats, I'm assuming this includes its Divine Rank or just go for the basic Command Undead (Of course the God has to be Undead first)... I'm curious why you need to know how to command an Undead god? Get into a little spat with Vecna? :smalltongue:

Rubik
2012-03-23, 08:33 PM
Psianimate DeadThis would work, yes, though it loses all of its class-based and magical-type abilities. It does keep its hp, stats, and non-magical abilities, however.

ScrambledBrains
2012-03-23, 08:34 PM
Umm? I guess you can use Psianimate Dead (From what my friend has alerted me to) since it allows the creature to keep all its sexy stats, I'm assuming this includes its Divine Rank or just go for the basic Command Undead (Of course the God has to be Undead first)... I'm curious why you need to know how to command an Undead god? Get into a little spat with Vecna? :smalltongue:

:smallbiggrin: No...It's Saint Cuthbert I wanna wack! :smallbiggrin: LOL, JK.

Actually, I have an idea for a BBEG who wants to command a undead God as his thrall, to both sneer in the face of a God's supposed 'Immortality.', as well as use him as a personal apocalypse machine when the mood strikes. The goal for my players, will be snuffing this guy before he can do so. Of course, to do that, I need his build out first...hence my first post. :smallsmile:

ScrambledBrains
2012-03-23, 08:35 PM
This would work, yes, though it loses all of its class-based and magical-type abilities. It does keep its hp, stats, and non-magical abilities, however.

Soooo, no Divine Rank no more?

Calanon
2012-03-23, 08:38 PM
Soooo, no Divine Rank no more?

The Divine Rank is kept... Unless it has either been:

A) Absorbed by the person whom slayed said deity (Then at this point why bother trying to control the corpse?)

B) Been redistributed by an Overpower (Like Ao)

ScrambledBrains
2012-03-23, 08:41 PM
The Divine Rank is kept... Unless it has either been:

A) Absorbed by the person whom slayed said deity (Then at this point why bother trying to control the corpse?)

B) Been redistributed by an Overpower (Like Ao)

Phew...that's a relief. Though...with no spells, I kinda wonder what's the point apart from bragging a God is your bodyguard...hmmm.

Rubik
2012-03-23, 08:41 PM
Given the guy's slain a god, I'm pretty sure he's damned scary as it is.

ScrambledBrains
2012-03-23, 08:43 PM
Given the guy's slain a god, I'm pretty sure he's damned scary as it is.

Actually, he hasn't. For what I have planned, this guy is gonna manipulate the other Gods into killing the one he wants for him, then enslaving said Diety Corpse.

Rubik
2012-03-23, 08:47 PM
Actually, he hasn't. For what I have planned, this guy is gonna manipulate the other Gods into killing the one he wants for him, then enslaving said Diety Corpse.A telepath would be great for this, then. They're incredibly intelligent and generally have excellent Charisma, as well.

And they can be a serious threat to an unprepared party, as well. If you make him a ghost too you can actually POSSESS THE UNDEAD BODY OF YOUR PET GOD. So he now has high-level manifesting in addition to Ultimate Cosmic Powers.

ScrambledBrains
2012-03-23, 08:49 PM
A telepath would be great for this, then. They're incredibly intelligent and generally have excellent Charisma, as well.

And they can be a serious threat to an unprepared party, as well. If you make him a ghost too you can actually POSSESS THE UNDEAD BODY OF YOUR PET GOD. So he now has high-level manifesting in addition to Ultimate Cosmic Powers.

Is the Telepath something from one of the Psionic books?

...Yes, that sounds pretty sweet...:smallbiggrin:

Rubik
2012-03-23, 08:51 PM
...Is that Psionic?Yup. It's a subclass of psion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/psion.htm). If you're not familiar, psionics is an absolutely beautiful casting system, though it does have a few bits here and there which are crazy, though far fewer than nearly anything else, magic-wise.

ScrambledBrains
2012-03-23, 08:53 PM
Yup. It's a subclass of psion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/psion.htm). If you're not familiar, psionics is an absolutely beautiful casting system, though it does have a few bits here and there which are crazy, though far fewer than nearly anything else, magic-wise.

Well...I'd love love love to run it...but I've never used Psionics before(Tried to make one, kinda flopped.) Though I have looked at the races(And kinda liked Elans. :smallbiggrin:)

Rubik
2012-03-24, 03:05 PM
Well...I'd love love love to run it...but I've never used Psionics before(Tried to make one, kinda flopped.) Though I have looked at the races(And kinda liked Elans. :smallbiggrin:)It's very similar to building a sorcerer, only you use your Int score for manifesting, your skill list is 20x better, you have powers that scale depending on the level of the "spell slot" you use to cast it, you use an aggregate pool of points instead of slots (equal to 2x the level of the power -1), and have a special list of spells on your class list in addition to the general list to pick from.

Beyond that there are two rules to remember. Psionic Focus (which is listed under the Concentrate skill in the book) and THOU SHALT NOT EXPEND MORE POWER POINTS THAN YOUR MANIFESTER LEVEL ALLOWS. The latter is the cardinal rule of psionics. Basically if your ML is 1, you can only spend 1 pp on any given power. There are things that boost your ML like casters boost CL, and that boosts your ability to spend power points in a similar way.

Otherwise just give a good look at the psionic feats and power lists and go for it.