PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Glyphmaster Concept

Tiniere
2012-03-24, 01:45 PM
Hello Playground;

I was hoping for some help putting together a character concept for a semi-mixed campaign. It's PF unless the material only exists in 3.5, then it can be DM approved.

My goal was to make a character/concept that builds off the idea of a character that adores writing, script and literature to draw power from it. The bard and loremaster are strong choices, but I would like something with more accent on the written word rather than spoken, but the loremaster is something to consider.

I'm really hoping the creativity of the forum can help me out here!

Thank you!

Inferno
2012-03-24, 03:55 PM
Illumian (Races of Destiny) is my first instinct.
Possibly a Rogue/Wizard Loredelver?

Yorrin
2012-03-24, 11:18 PM
The Pathfinder Society PrCs (as in the in-game organization, not the irl organized play one) often have this emphasis. I forget off hand where the caster one is, but it's pretty decent.

Tiniere
2012-03-24, 11:19 PM
Rogue wizard is something interesting, I hadn't thought of that mix, Is lore delver an archetype? or something else I should look for?

I was also looking for feats tat might make the save DCs and duration of glyphs and wards longer.

Inferno
2012-03-25, 08:37 AM
Loredelver is an Illumian only PRC In RoD

There's the Geometer PRC from CAr, gets Glyph of warding and And Greater Glyph of warding as bonus spells to his spellbook. Can prepare spells to be cast with a "Spellglyph" which cost 25*spell level Gp, and lets you cast te spell without any other material or verbal components. Spellglyphs also give a +1 caster level boost to a spell using them at the 5th level of the PRC.
Also, Geometers can put spells into their spellbooks for only 100g per spell (no matter the spell level, it only takes 1 page)

Callos_DeTerran
2012-03-25, 08:40 AM
There's also the word-casting variant in Ultimate Magic.

Rhaegar14
2012-03-25, 09:04 AM
There's the Runesmith out of Races of Stone, which scribes its spells as runes.

Otomodachi
2012-03-25, 10:01 AM
Geometer and Runesmith have been covered, so all I have left to add is if it were *MY* character I don't see how I could make it anything but a dwarf. :)