PDA

View Full Version : Imbue Item Shenanigans?

magusoftheCore
2012-03-24, 03:45 PM
The Imbue Item class feature of Warlocks doesn't answer this thought properly.
Can I UMD Wish onto my items without XP or material costs? RAW states that, "If the check succeeds, the warlock can create the item as if
he had cast the required spell." By my understanding, it bypasses the spell costs even if still requiring the item creation costs due to the past tense used. Please correct me, Playground, as this seems a little silly.

Jasdoif
2012-03-24, 04:19 PM
The Imbue Item class feature of Warlocks doesn't answer this thought properly.
Can I UMD Wish onto my items without XP or material costs? RAW states that, "If the check succeeds, the warlock can create the item as if
he had cast the required spell." By my understanding, it bypasses the spell costs even if still requiring the item creation costs due to the past tense used. Please correct me, Playground, as this seems a little silly.Expending a spell during the creation of a magic item doesn't necessarily expend XP or material components. Scribing a scroll of wish, for instance, doesn't require you to spend 5,000XP every day it takes to scribe the scroll, even though you must trigger a wish spell each day you're scribing it.

Imbue item only allows you to create magic items without access to the particular spell prerequisites listed; you must still pay the normal costs for the item's creation, including the XP costs.