PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic Dispel Magic

navar100
2012-03-24, 06:28 PM
A short comment in another thread piqued my interest.

Empower Dispel Magic
Maximize Dispel Magic

Does that work? Is it worth it?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-03-24, 06:31 PM
The caster level check of Dispel Magic is not a variable numeric effect, it's a check. The d20 roll will not be empowered or maximized, ever. You must roll it legitimately, although there is a feat which allows you to take ten on caster level checks. There's also the Inquisition domain, which gives you +4 on dispel checks.

Aegis013
2012-03-24, 06:32 PM
Caster level check is a variable numeric component, but not a variable numeric effect. I would personally allow it to work. Your DM may think differently, though. Don't know if it would be worthwhile though.

Anxe
2012-03-24, 07:30 PM
It would empower and maximize the rounds of suppression for magic items.

Dimers
2012-03-24, 10:34 PM
A short comment in another thread piqued my interest.

Empower Dispel Magic
Maximize Dispel Magic

Does that work? Is it worth it?

Since this has been answered ... let me suggest Chained, Twinned Dispel Magic as an alternative. :smalltongue:

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-03-24, 11:02 PM
Since this has been answered ... let me suggest Chained, Twinned Dispel Magic as an alternative. :smalltongue:

Dispel ALL the items! Hell, throw repeat on it, too, just to make sure it sticks.

Dimers
2012-03-24, 11:10 PM
Dispel ALL the items! Hell, throw repeat on it, too, just to make sure it sticks.

A man after my own heart! That's what I'm gonna write my Arcane Thesis about. Imma throw a Quickened Transdimensional Silent Stilled Invisible Chained Empowered Maximized Twinned Repeating Consecrated Purified Dispel Magic all up in yo' grill!

Elric VIII
2012-03-24, 11:30 PM
A man after my own heart! That's what I'm gonna write my Arcane Thesis about. Imma throw a Quickened Transdimensional Silent Stilled Invisible Chained Empowered Maximized Twinned Repeating Consecrated Purified Dispel Magic all up in yo' grill!

Those of us with Permanent Arcane Sight call that, "The Dimmer Switch."

Since I assume this type of thing will be focused on the targetted version, Arcane Turmoil might be a better choice.

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-03-24, 11:37 PM

Those of us with Permanent Arcane Sight call that, "The Dimmer Switch."

Since I assume this type of thing will be focused on the targetted version, Arcane Turmoil might be a better choice.

Both of those are simply beautiful. A nightmare to figure out what a people lose, but when you absolutely positively have to say "NO!" that is how it should be done.

nedz
2012-03-25, 05:02 AM
It would empower and maximize the rounds of suppression for magic items.

Surely you want Persisted Dispel Magic ?
It just says NO all day.

Ernir
2012-03-25, 10:00 AM
Surely you want Persisted Dispel Magic ?
It just says NO all day.

Does not work (out of the can) due to range limitations.

Cieyrin
2012-03-25, 11:01 AM

Being personally dispelled for a day seems fairly odd, yes...

Ziegander
2012-03-25, 11:07 AM
And here I was thinking that the OP meant some kind of metamagic feat that added a Dispel rider to a spell you cast for a certain amount of spell slot adjustment. That would be pretty awesome...

Cieyrin
2012-03-25, 11:14 AM
And here I was thinking that the OP meant some kind of metamagic feat that added a Dispel rider to a spell you cast for a certain amount of spell slot adjustment. That would be pretty awesome...

Wouldn't that be Greater Arcane Fusion? :smallwink:

nedz
2012-03-25, 03:11 PM
Oh well, is there any way to fix this ?

Being personally dispelled for a day seems fairly odd, yes...

The idea was that their items would blink out, perhaps leading them to think that they had been disjunctioned.

Slipperychicken
2012-03-25, 09:46 PM

Follow it up with Chained Shatter. Destroy ALL THE ITEMS!