PDA

View Full Version : Why Didn't anyone tell me Thundercats was back on?!

GenericGuy
2012-03-25, 01:40 AM
:smallmad::smalltongue:

Seriously though, I'm really enjoying this series and I'm hoping interest in it isn't fading; cause it would be a real shame for this to get cancelled

thubby
2012-03-25, 01:55 AM
i was never a big fan of the first series, and the new one feels... generic?

JadedDM
2012-03-25, 10:56 PM
Wow, I have to really give them credit for turning the Mutants from incompetent cowards/idiots into menacing and kind of scary threats.

Ninjadeadbeard
2012-03-26, 02:26 AM
I was a fan of the original when it aired on Toonami back in the early 90's, and I rather liked this new one when it started. Then the series meandered for the whole first season, finding its style, I think. The Season Finale was great, and I think this one has started good too. What's with the huge breaks between Seasons? They never announce if its a season finale, and then no commercials advertising the new one til its already running? What logic does that make?

DigoDragon
2012-03-26, 06:59 AM
I've only seen one episode of it, but it seems to be interesting. I'm assuming there's an over-arcing plot to this new one and if so, that's a step up from the older episodic version.

Brother Oni
2012-03-26, 07:30 AM
I've only seen one episode of it, but it seems to be interesting. I'm assuming there's an over-arcing plot to this new one and if so, that's a step up from the older episodic version.

Yup, there's an overarching plot which gets introduced from the two parter opening.

I really enjoyed the world building aspects of it though, especially the work put into making the Thundercat city into a sustainable one (with miles of protected farmland) and a viable society built on conquest.

It does try a little too hard to be dark and edgy at times plus there's a little inconsistent writing, especially on the part of Tigra (although it's understandable with a bit of 'fridge logic).
That said, it does have some very good episodes (the Song of the Petalars is my favourite so far) that give me high hopes once the series gets into its stride.

Starscream
2012-03-26, 08:40 AM
Seems relevant :smalltongue::

http://www.shortpacked.com/comics/2011-07-28-tldr.png

JadedDM
2012-03-26, 02:14 PM
I was a fan of the original when it aired on Toonami back in the early 90's, and I rather liked this new one when it started. Then the series meandered for the whole first season, finding its style, I think. The Season Finale was great, and I think this one has started good too. What's with the huge breaks between Seasons? They never announce if its a season finale, and then no commercials advertising the new one til its already running? What logic does that make?

The season finale hasn't aired yet. That's next week.

Brother Oni
2012-03-26, 06:39 PM
Seems relevant :smalltongue::

http://www.shortpacked.com/comics/2011-07-28-tldr.png

I disagree with the second panel's comment of no personality:

Tygra is the jealous older brother, passed over for heir simply because he was born of the wrong species. He's studied hard, fights well, taken the burden of his responsibilities; he is better than Lion-o, he knows it but he can't be king.
This leads to him undermining Lion-os leadership at almost every turn (whether intentionally or not), hence my 'fridge logic regarding his inconsistent writing.

Panthro, jaded veteran general and as of the last episode I watched where he loses his arms, possessed of a near frightening resolve to kill his enemy (or at least Grune), no matter the personal cost.

It leads me to wonder at what point in the series that comic was originally written.

irenicObserver
2012-03-27, 11:48 PM

It's the same behavior that means a network has little interest in keeping the show from going under. Honestly it's just pigheaded since they keep advertising other shows like they're awesome.

JadedDM
2012-04-01, 11:31 AM
Nice cliffhanger.

Still loving the Mutants. Wonder if they plan on introducing Vultureman soon or not.

JadedDM
2012-04-29, 04:08 PM
Geez, now Pumyra's been given a big personality change, too. Wasn't she like the pacifist medic originally?