PDA

View Full Version : RT: From to Sun to Sun - A Tradition and Future - Tales of Blood Sweat and Tears

brolthemighty
2012-03-25, 02:57 AM
This is the thread for all of the Out of Session goings-on of Nadia Donovon, resident muscle for hire. Consider yourself hired.

brolthemighty
2012-03-25, 02:58 AM
A Beginning and an End

The crack of a whip fills the air, joined by a raw....wet scream. Blood sprays, and gibbets of flesh can be seen gleaming off the whip's barbs. You almost felt it there.....for a second. That thrill, that exhilaration. A small spark of light in an otherwise dull, and dreary assignment. You can already feel the that spark fading....like the color draining from a picture. Back to grey.

Five lashes. Barely enough to break a sweat, let alone enough to make an example of an unruly Gun Crewman. The Gun Captains were getting lenient. Lax. But you bet that would be the last Crewman to show up on shift inebriated. Some might not be able to stomach the work you do....but even they had to admit you got results. Later, under the guise of "Appreciating Your Work," you'll go and visit him on the Medicae deck. Take the edge off of his injuries.

Coiling your whip, wondering of the next time you'd be able to bring it out....the hair on your neck stands on end. For a moment...a split second...you feel...something. You know you're being watched. Slowly turning, you see a man leaning against the bulkhead. Watching. A small grin on his face. This is no Crewman. Wondering what he's doing on your deck...you advance on him....

Nadiya
2012-03-26, 08:54 AM
As I advance on this arrogant stranger I make sure my hand is near my whip...always ready..."Who the heck are you and why are you on My deck?" I find myself almost hoping he does not have a good or legitimate reason for being there....always ready, eager even, for a fight.

brolthemighty
2012-03-27, 02:19 AM
Watching the brash youth advance, anger coiling like a spring, Sejast knows that the reports he had received were true. For all her calm demeanor...she was a caged Carnadon...waiting for the opportunity to strike. Perfect.

Flicking his lho-stick on to the deck, he straightens up. "Be calm. This is neither the time, nor the place. Now, if you'll just follow me, we have much to discuss." Turning the corner and disappearing down the hallway, he knows that she'll follow. She might not be happy about it, but that's a secondary concern. There was work to do, and she would be needed.

Nadiya
2012-03-28, 05:25 PM
pacing back and forth I fume! :smallfurious: The gall of that man! Thinking that he can tell ME what to do on MY deck! I shouldn't follow him just to spite him...ugh but I SO am not letting him wander around here unwatched! Quickly I start after him before he gets too far away...can't let rats wander free on your deck afterall....

brolthemighty
2012-03-29, 03:28 PM
Finally turning the corner to the room he had asked to be prepared for their meeting, he sits down at the table and pulls out his dataslate. This was not, afterall, the only "visit" he was going to have to make afterall. It would be best to be prepared.

Hoping that she will arrive soon, he begins to read the latest reports on the newly blossoming Dynasty, and the various business opportunities that will be available.

Nadiya
2012-04-02, 02:50 AM
"Ok I am here who the heck are you to give me orders and what the heck do you want? You have 3 minutes...start talking...."

brolthemighty
2012-04-02, 04:10 PM
Quirking his lips in what might be considered a twisted shadow of a smile, Sejast looks at the heated Bosun. Yes, she will do nicely. Just the right amount of fire. As long as that fire can be cooled.

Gesturing at the chair across from him, he says,"Miss Donovan, please...have a seat. I am neither a threat, nor as young as I once was. As far as what I want? Well, that's simple. It's you I am here for."

Waiting for that to sink in a bit, and noticing that thankfully it doesn't take that long, he continues. "You see Miss Donovan, I have the distinct pleasure in representing... opportunity. Hope. Destiny. Call it what you will. I represent a chance, and a choice."

Nadiya
2012-04-05, 05:09 AM
Leaning back a bit on my heels I re-asses this stranger. Not an immediate threat, no, but definately not someone to dismiss. "Opportunity? What KIND of opportunity? A chance to do what exactly. What can You offer me?"

brolthemighty
2012-04-18, 10:04 AM
Smiling a little, Sejast continues on. "You see Miss Donovan. It is no coincidence that I was there for that whipping. Nor, in fact, was it a coincidence that that poor soul was being whipped at all." Folding his hands, very obviously at ease, he continues, "Not a coincidence at all. I have heard a great many things about you Miss Donovan. A hard-bitten, fierce warrior. A killer of a bosun. Emperor protect the man that you chose to set as an example. Well, believe my disbelief when I saw you in the mess-hall. You're no slip of a lass in the least, but a monster you are not."

Standing up, he begins pacing. He is very obviously completely engrossed in the retelling of...well, whatever it is.... "So it was that I had to begin looking in to the incongruities of your appearance and your reputation. Now, mind you, I have seen all manner of beast, and monster...even in the guise of man. I have seen the prettiest things turn ugly. None of which seemed to apply to you. Now, I'll grant that you are a prime specimen of a fleet upbringing. Lithe, supple, and strong, it's obvious you're suited to the task that has been set you. Nothing, however, sets you as this monster that your people....and all people you've served with before....has set you. The only inkling and glimpse of this...thing...within, is during your sparring matches on the practice deck. There always seems to come a point when your opponent stops pretending, and starts to fervently try to survive. Sometimes only just."

He stops pacing only long enough to refill his cup of recaf from the simmering, bubbling kettle on the counter top. "Now, for what's ahead, and what's in store, I couldn't simply act on a glimpse and an inkling. Therefore I needed more. I do hate to say that I have been on this ship for a good proper time. Longer than my Masters have set form me. I tried to keep low, and simply let events happen...but alas that was not to be. Your people, or at least the people of this moment, are afraid of you. You've been on this ship long enough to whip them in to top shape...and none of them were going to step out of line. There was a nasty rumor going around that you enjoy the whippings a bit....much. Unfounded, of course, but there you are."

Stopping and sitting back at the table, he once again looks her in the eyes. "You see, this is the part where it comes down to choice and opportunity. The choice involves information, the opportunity involves a job. First, the choice and the information. The information being that the man you just whipped to within a sliver of his life...was innocent, in a sense. He had not, in fact, been drinking last night...nor this morning. I, in fact, injected him. I needed to see you in action, to see your ire released...and see it I did indeed. The choice is what you do with that information. The opportunity of course, being what it is that I can offer you, now that I know your nature."

Tapping a dataslate that's been laying on the table, he continues, "I have it on good authority that your contract for this specific vessel is going to come to an end soon. It seems that you have done your job well, and they feel it is time that you move on."

"Now I'm sure that you could go to your, now former, employer and explain in detail the things that I have done. It might even be enough to get you reinstated as Master Bosun on this vessel....at least until the next Starport that is. However, your time here is coming to an end. The other option of course, is that you take my offer and come work for my Master. You will be Bosun once again, but I can tell you that you will be called upon to perform other, more physical duties. Where we are going, you will encounter Beasts, Xenos, and vile, unwholesome things. You will be tested, and tempered."

Rising once again from the table, he reaches in to his pocket and pulls out a glowing, purple canister. On it is a single rune....one that you recognize from that fateful voyage, where you met THEM. "You will be paid handsomely of course. With riches you cannot even imagine. This? Consider this your signing bonus. I'll be in the hanger bay, preparing our transport." With that, he walks away...a faraway look on his face. "Oh yes, this will be interesting."

Nadiya
2012-04-20, 09:33 PM
A little dumbfounded I had to just stand there for a moment. This job he is offering sounds enticing....I can feel the thrill of something new starting, adventure, money, a chance to possibly aquire new....things.....but I am also so angry! I realise that he is getting further away so I hurry to catch up to him "Hey!" I need to take care of something first. When I catch up to him I haul off and punch him as hard as I can. "I accept your job but don't you ever manipulate me like that again and make it so that I beat a good person for no reason!" With that I turn and start toward my rooms to gather my things to take with me.