PDA

View Full Version : Turbulent Times- IC

Gourtox
2012-03-25, 02:42 PM
Planet Systara, an interesting mix of city and forest. Sprawling cities surround the space ports which in turn are surrounded by massive forests that rival those of Kashyyyk. A place home to many groups of people. Pirates, mercenaries, loyalists, and rebels alike. It is here that the Korot are recruiting. A line of men stand in front of a door, waiting for their interview. The door opens and a man walks out rejected, returning to the main area of the bar.
"Next!" The process continues repeating itself every few minutes. Occasionally one man walks out smiling and sometimes groups walk in, but mainly the process is unchanged.

You can either start out in the bar or in line, your choice.

Pronounciations:
Systra- SIS-tar-a
Korot- core-AHT

Vixsor Lumin
2012-03-25, 03:33 PM
Kelv Ten fiddled with his mask as he waited in line. It was a sort of nervous habit. He had heard of the Korot trying to dig up information on the new rebel group. A rebellion seemed like a good way to cause a change in the galaxy, and he was already on Systara when he found out about them.

Thundercracker
2012-03-26, 02:13 AM
Arik Londar

Arik lounges at the bar, drink in hand, eyes constantly scanning the crowds. He has no idea what Korot is, or what people are signing up for. He just wishes there were more women in line. Normally he would move on, seeking greener pastures, but having already paid for a 2for1 special on his drink, he can't leave with the glass. He resigns himself to his fate and continues scanning the crowd for acceptable eye candy.

ybn1197
2012-03-27, 08:59 AM
Rokas Ekdor

Rokas stood stoically in line, waiting for his chance to speak with the Korot. He had been a hire-on to the scouting survey group but due to his less than human background, he had found work harder and harder to come by. It had driven him to the point of thinking that change was needed and the Korot seemed to be the ones to bring about that change.

Gourtox
2012-03-29, 03:43 PM
So concentrated with looking for eye candy he nearly missed the sweet confection that sat down right next to him. "You here for Korot too?" She asked. Looking for all the universe like a bounty hunter, she was a formidable yet appealing looking character.

As Kelv fiddles with his mask a strange droid approaches. "Excuse me sir, but this wouldn't be the line to apply for the Korot group, would it?"

Finally it was his turn. Rokas walked through the doors and into a small room whose sole occupant was a rough looking man sitting at a desk. He motioned for you to sit down in a chair in front of the desk. "Why do want to join up with Korot?"

Vixsor Lumin
2012-03-29, 03:55 PM
Forcing his hands down to his sides, he turns to face the droid. "As far as I know it is" he says with a laugh then adds, "if it isn't, I've been standing in the wrong line for quite some time now."

Thundercracker
2012-03-29, 08:56 PM
Arik Londar

"Maybe, but nobody's made a real case on why I should," Arik replies.

The young man swivels in his chair to regard the speaker, expertly ticking off physical characteristics using his peripheral vision while maintaining eye contact.

"Why don't I buy you a drink and you can tell me all about it?" he asks.

ybn1197
2012-03-30, 08:54 AM
Rokas Ekdor

Finally it was his turn. Rokas walked through the doors and into a small room whose sole occupant was a rough looking man sitting at a desk. He motioned for you to sit down in a chair in front of the desk. "Why do want to join up with Korot?"
Rokas takes a quick look about the room before returning his focus to the man at the desk. "Why? Because the system is wrong. The Senate may not have been the best in governance, but people had rights and could voice their opinions. And when the populace has that, then change can occur. This is a dictatorship. The people have a voice but it falls on deaf hears, therefore giving the illusion of rights. This isn't the way it should be and I want to make a change."

Gourtox
2012-04-02, 08:26 PM
Arik Londar

"Sure." A sweet smile accompanies her answer. At a wave the bartender fills up a glass of Vanderian Vodka. "Korot, they're mercs and pretty new too. They're different though, most are out for blood and money no matter what, but Korot they want to help the galaxy. The founders are nobles who have enough money to live rich forever, but they started this group to help people. Sure they make a nice profit too, but why shouldn't they? What isn't there to like about Korot?"

Kelv Ten

"That is delightful. I hope that will accept me. You don't mind if I wait here with you. considering the lack of people behind you?" He motions behind you, which is empty considering you are the last in line.

Rokas Ekdor

The man almost seems to smile, "I like you. You're hired." He hands you a card. "This will temporarily identify your employment, don't lose it. Now go have a drink on Korot, we'll contact you."

Vixsor Lumin
2012-04-02, 09:03 PM
"Of course I don't mind, having someone to talk to will help the time pass while we wait." Kelv says happily. "Everyone applying herehas some kind of unique skills, do you mind me asking what yours are?" He asks as he steps to the side, making room for the droid.

ybn1197
2012-04-03, 02:31 PM
Rokas returns to the cantina, suppressing a smile. He finds an empty seat at the bar and waits for the bartender to come over. Once he comes over, Rokas flashes the card briefly at him and orders a drink.

Thundercracker
2012-04-03, 08:46 PM
Arik Londar

"Oh yeah? I might be in between jobs right now. How's the pay? Are you a member?" Arik replies.

Gourtox
2012-04-03, 09:14 PM
Rokas Ekdor

The bartender hands you your drink, but something was on the napkin under it. Picking it up a datacard falls out and there is a message written in pen on the napkin. A little interesting info to look at later.

Kelv Ten

He seems be to nervous at your question, "I'm a very special kind of droid. I have special skills no other droid has." The line seems to be moving quicker and by the time you reach the door they are doing them two at a time. "Next two!"
Walking in a man stares at you from behind his desk. "Why should I hire you. You first, droid second."

Arik Londar

"Just joined!" She shows her proof of employment card. Her face beaming.

Thundercracker
2012-04-03, 11:06 PM
Arik Londar

"Tell you what, stand with me in line, and I'll join up too, sound good?" Arik says.

If she agrees:

"I'm Arik by the way, Arik Londar, pilot extraordinaire," he says, flashing a grin.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-04-03, 11:20 PM
Kelv faces the man and draws back his robe revealing his lightsaber. "Let's just say I'm a skilled individual, who wouldn't mind taking on an Empire." Covering it again, he takes a seat and crosses his legs. Leaning back, he turns to listen to the droids answer.

Gourtox
2012-04-11, 03:23 PM
Arik

She nods her head and says, "OK." They walk to the end of the short line and he introduces himself. "Well, Arik Londar, I'm Leona Piv'e, mecdhanic and mercenary extraordinaire." She says in a playfully mocking tone. "I'm sure if you're hired I'll be fixing what you break."

Kelv

The man sizes you up as if to see if you could handle the work. "You're hired. Alright droid your turn."
"Well sir, I am quite capable in combat and I can get along well with others." The man seems reluctant about the droid, but accepts him too. You are both given identification cards and sent to the bar for a drink on the Korot.

Vixsor Lumin
2012-04-11, 03:43 PM
Kelv gives the droid a strange looking before accepting his card. As they are exiting the room he says,"I'm Kelv Ten, do you have a name?"

Thundercracker
2012-04-11, 07:09 PM
Arik

Assuming that bit about Leona not being hired yet is a mistake, as she flashed her employment card earlier, otherwise Arik picks up on that immediately.

"Is that a fact?" he asks, raising one eyebrow.

"Have you seen the new Sienar reverse power couplings? The ads say they can carry 20% more than the original Corellian designs, any truth to that?" he asks.

Arik will banter back and forth a bit about ship designs and the latest gadgets, getting a feel for Leona's knowledge and whether she really is a mechanic. At some point, he'll try switching the conversation over to Korot... what they stand for, who actually backs them, how many people they have in their employ, etc. If she questions why he's asking so much, he'll respond that he wants to know who he's going to be working for, and then he'll shift the conversation to Leona and start asking about her background.

perception to see Arik suspects Leona is hiding something: [roll0]