PDA

View Full Version : Finish Him! [incarnate/cleric/sh/?]

Particle_Man
2012-03-26, 09:43 AM
I have an idea for an incarnate 1/cleric 3/sapphire hierarch 10, and was wondering what to take for the last six levels. I could go cleric, but that seems a little, I dunno, blah. I was thinking thaumaturgist for 5 levels (although that still leaves 1 level to think about) but was wondering if there were any other ideas that would fit the SH theme.

Particle_Man
2012-03-26, 11:02 AM
Ok, I'll start. :smallbiggrin:

If I go with a half-elf, I could take half-elf paragon 3/human paragon 3.

Downside, I would only be a cleric 16 instead of 19.

Upside, I would have 2 bonus feats and a +4 to wisdom.

Probably a loss power-wise, but perhaps nice theme wise, in "achieving perfection" or something like that.

Psyren
2012-03-26, 11:10 AM
How about Contemplative? It's powerful, the flavor is general enough to fit your concept, you can easily meet the prereqs (the Sapphire Eidolon itself most definitely satisfies the "direct contact with a strongly-aligned being" requirement) and level 6 is a good breakpoint for them (you get your second bonus domain.)

Snowbluff
2012-03-26, 11:35 AM
Don't you need 2 Incarnate to qualify for SH normally? Did you take another feat to qualify?

On a side note, I've done this. My most Epic Campaign is this.

Dweomer Keeper is a good idea, even if you won't get the capstone. It'll let you cast some of your favorite spells spontaneously , and let you cast some spells as SNAs for some other benefits.

Particle_Man
2012-03-26, 01:51 PM
Don't you need 2 Incarnate to qualify for SH normally? Did you take another feat to qualify?

Yep. Incarnum domain for the incarnate feat for 1 essentia, level 1 incarnate for 2 melds and 1 essentia, level 1 feat for shape soulmeld, level 3 feat for incarnum feat for 1 essentia. I could have gone azurin (and save a feat) but technically that leads to a 20% xp penalty if I don't keep cleric and incarnate close in levels. So human, half-elf, rilkan, skarn, and whatever has cleric or "any" as a favoured class would all work for incarnate.

Duskling also works if I replace incarnate with totemist, and saves a feat. I thought about going the VoP route with a duskling totemist 1/cleric 3/SH 10/??? (again being strict, VoP would mean that I would lose a lot of cleric spells (no divine focus) but what the hey) and maybe contemplative would be a good way to go with that guy. Kinda fits going from hyperactive to mellow as journey of discovery of the ultimate.

I don't have Faiths and Pantheons so don't know about Dweomerkeeper. :smallfrown:

Particle_Man
2012-03-26, 01:58 PM
On a side note, I've done this. My most Epic Campaign is this.

If by "this" you mean "use the Sapphire Hierarch" I would be curious to hear more! :smallcool:

Psyren
2012-03-26, 02:06 PM
Yep. Incarnum domain for the incarnate feat for 1 essentia, level 1 incarnate for 2 melds and 1 essentia, level 1 feat for shape soulmeld, level 3 feat for incarnum feat for 1 essentia. I could have gone azurin (and save a feat) but technically that leads to a 20% xp penalty if I don't keep cleric and incarnate close in levels. So human, half-elf, rilkan, skarn, and whatever has cleric or "any" as a favoured class would all work for incarnate.

Duskling also works if I replace incarnate with totemist, and saves a feat. I thought about going the VoP route with a duskling totemist 1/cleric 3/SH 10/??? (again being strict, VoP would mean that I would lose a lot of cleric spells (no divine focus) but what the hey) and maybe contemplative would be a good way to go with that guy. Kinda fits going from hyperactive to mellow as journey of discovery of the ultimate.

I don't have Faiths and Pantheons so don't know about Dweomerkeeper. :smallfrown:

Dweomerkeeper is online. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20040522a)

Your DM enforces multiclass penalties? That's terrible, but there is a solution - the Additional Favored Class feat (UA pg. 100, sidebar.)

Azurin is a very, very strong choice for your build because of their Channel Incarnum racial sub - this is much more powerful for you than turn undead, and can still be used in all the same ways (e.g. DMM.) So definitely consider going Azurin and spending the feat if you have to.

Snowbluff
2012-03-26, 06:23 PM
Btw, if you aren't already, use Cleric spells t grant more Chakra and maybe Persist Incarnum Apothesis.

Particle_Man
2012-03-26, 06:38 PM
I like the idea of using Azurin Cleric substitution levels and could see spending the feat for an additional favoured class: Cleric. Well maybe that is the way to go, since the subsitution levels go up to 9, I could have an Azurin Incarnate 1/Cleric 9/SH 10 (not in that order), with sub. levels for 1, 4, and 9. That is neat, how it all fits together. I like that.

So one feat for the extra soul meld, one feat for the extra favoured class, leaves 6 feats. Probably I would use spells to open chakras at first and then bind them later with the 12, 15 and 18 feats.

Thanks!