PDA

View Full Version : Building Unas, the Slayer of the Gods.

Gharkash
2012-03-26, 10:28 AM
So, i have had this idea for a while, a god hating character that wants to kill the gods for his own reasons (revenge, different beliefs, something).

I thought the Ur-priest would go nicely with that, if he could be built in a melee build (Unas should be melee after all, maybe with a greatsword that resembles a khopesh or something).

But today i came upon te Malfeasant Heart discipline. A diamond to my eyes. So, maybe a swordsage (knowledgable warrior that uses the strenght of the gods and his knowledge to his advantage) or a warblade (a man that has as sole purpose of his life to gather the strength to kill the gods) sound good, but how does one build such a character?

Possible Ur-priest connection to that?

For those not familiar, Unas was an egyptian pharaoh, in whose Pyramid was engraved the tale of his slaying of the gods, eating them, gaining their power and wisdom and becoming immortal. for maximum Egyptianness listen to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYQB7AsSkg) while answering.

Edit: the fluff can be mutable, but in general a human if possible.

SilverLeaf167
2012-03-26, 10:35 AM
1. Use whatever entry you want, maybe ToB as you mentioned
2. Take 4 levels of Ur-Priest
3. Use DMM: Persist on Divine Power
4. Kick ass in melee
End of story.

It's pretty much impossible to get help on the crunchier part of actually killing deities: if the DM uses the gods as written, you require some serious cheese. If the DM uses homebrew gods, well, we obviously don't know anything about them.

JadePhoenix
2012-03-26, 10:37 AM
It's pretty much impossible to get help on the crunchier part of actually killing deities: if the DM uses the gods as written, you won't be able to do it without epic spells, period. If the DM uses homebrew gods, well, we obviously don't know anything about them.
Fixed that for you