PDA

View Full Version : Spell Domain +Spontaneous Domain Casting

Snowbluff
2012-03-26, 01:09 PM
What happens if I cast Anyspell with no Domain Slot assigned to it, like with Spontaneous Domain Cleric? :smallconfused:

dextercorvia
2012-03-26, 01:16 PM
What happens if I cast Anyspell with no Domain Slot assigned to it, like with Spontaneous Domain Cleric? :smallconfused:

If you have a 3rd level domain slot, you prepare a spell there. If you don't, nothing.

Snowbluff
2012-03-26, 01:23 PM
If you have a 3rd level domain slot, you prepare a spell there. If you don't, nothing.

That's what I was thinking, but aren't there rules for how Domain slots and Domain effects interact with characters without Domain Slots? :smallconfused:

dextercorvia
2012-03-26, 01:27 PM
That's what I was thinking, but aren't there rules for how Domain slots and Domain effects interact with characters without Domain Slots? :smallconfused:

Not much. For example, a Wizard using the Domain Power ACF (CC) can take the Travel domain power, but get no benefit from it, since that power specifies that it scales based on Cleric level. Now that is a reasonable houserule request, but it still isn't covered by the existing rules (not in a supportive way, anyway).

ahenobarbi
2012-03-26, 01:43 PM
Also note it has 10 minutes casting time, so even if you could cast it from regular slots (Initaite of Mystra) it's more like "open slot wizard left" than "spontaneous spell slot of sorcerer".

Snowbluff
2012-03-26, 03:33 PM
Also note it has 10 minutes casting time, so even if you could cast it from regular slots (Initaite of Mystra) it's more like "open slot wizard left" than "spontaneous spell slot of sorcerer".

Yeah, I am using Spontaneous Domain so I can get more Wiz/Sorc buffs and Perist them. It has the somewhat annoying side effect of me actually having to prepare a Cure spell every once in a while (>.>), so I am making sure I'll get more/earlier use out of the Domain past Limited Wish for Wiz spell.

dextercorvia
2012-03-26, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I am using Spontaneous Domain so I can get more Wiz/Sorc buffs and Perist them. It has the somewhat annoying side effect of me actually having to prepare a Cure spell every once in a while (>.>), so I am making sure I'll get more/earlier use out of the Domain past Limited Wish for Wiz spell.

RAW those are still arcane spells, and thus not candidates for DMM. If your DM ruled otherwise, then great, but just wanted to warn you.

Snowbluff
2012-03-26, 04:12 PM
RAW those are still arcane spells, and thus not candidates for DMM. If your DM ruled otherwise, then great, but just wanted to warn you.

Yeah, I am very well versed on that errata. I've been playing with the idea of abusing MPS to get him to finally ban BoEF.