PDA

View Full Version : The Rod of Seven Parts

JadePhoenix
2012-03-27, 07:19 AM
In my upcoming campaign, my players will be involved with assembling the Rod of Seven Parts. They have an airship, so they will be going all over the world doing this. The setting is homebrew (the most important thing is that spells above 6th level are artifact-rare). I'm using the Arms & Equipment Guide version of the Rod, though I might use some stuff from the original AD&D Rod of Seven Parts campaign.

Each part of the rod is supposed to be in possession of some creature that uses it for it's goals, unaware of the rod's true nature.

The only one I'm sure how I'll use is the third part, the haste one. The original campaign has a giantess using it as a hair comb. I'll have one as well - but my giantess was originally a human before getting levels in Waker of the Beast. She will be leader of a tarrasque cult planning on sacrificing a whole town to awaken the beast. Haste for 20 rounds, even once a day, is deadly once applied to such big and strong warriors such as Wakers of the Beast.

Any thoughts on how I could use the rod's other parts?

Malachei
2012-03-27, 07:28 AM
Airship-collector treasure hunt. Hm. Perhaps, unless your players like a little cliché, you may want to insert a twist or two -- fake parts, additional plotlines, other parties in the race, people actually bringing a part to the players or to a good temple (meaning the characters will carry out a robbery and possibly become (temporarily) outlawed).

Anyway... what are the other parts good for (mechanically)?

sonofzeal
2012-03-27, 07:29 AM
...before getting levels in Waker of the Beats...
I'd just like to note that, while this is obviously a typo since you have it spelled differently further down, the resulting mental image made me wish desperately that it was real.

Please, can someone make a homebrew PrC themed around unlocking the true might and power of reggae hand-drums?