PDA

View Full Version : Hive Fleet Komono [40k Game]

tigerusthegreat
2012-03-27, 08:01 AM
You've survived the initial attacks, and are in a field of dead bodies and dead tyranids. It is only a matter of time before you have to face another wave of the beasts, and you aren't sure exactly what to do. Communications with the fleet have been cut off, and it is very likely the fleet is a burning wreck in space. Short-range communication with Imperium bases on the planet are also down, but hopefully that is only for a limited time.

Knowledge about the local terrain gives a few options. There's a heavy weapons depot to the South, which will take you further away from the Imperium Strongholds to the north, but might be worth it because of the potential extra firepower. Then again, you could make for the Imperium Stronghold, which is most likely under attack and could use the support. That would mean heading directly into the heart of a Tyranid attack.

There is, of course, a third option. Sigmus Trastar knows the location of a veritable junkyard of technology that could house unknown treasures. Sensors indicate, however, that the area is crawling with Tyranids, including a few larger lifesigns.

(basically giving you some options. The Stronghold is the "easy" option, the depot is the "medium" option and the junkyard is the "hard" option. More difficulty means more extra points for the next round).

bluntpencil
2012-03-27, 08:21 AM
The Inquisitorial Interrogator meets with the Tech Priest, suggesting that they make every effort to maintain communications with whoever else is on the planet, as reinforcements and intelligence are at a premium.

"I have an Astropath with me, and you can surely ensure that our vox-units are fully operational."

HerbieRAI
2012-03-27, 10:08 AM
Sigmus spent a few moments thinking back through the supplies they had gathered. He moves over to half a human corpse. Before his death he held the vox, now it was missing.

" Yes, but we currently have 0 vox-units. Assuming the junkyard and weapons depot are not annahilated, then we should be able to at least construct one from any of the potential targets. I would suggest going to either the junkyard or depot first, as the Imperium Stronghold was low on weaponry before we left. They will be needing supplies more than manpower.

bluntpencil
2012-03-27, 10:49 AM
Sigmus spent a few moments thinking back through the supplies they had gathered. He moves over to half a human corpse. Before his death he held the vox, now it was missing.

" Yes, but we currently have 0 vox-units. Assuming the junkyard and weapons depot are not annahilated, then we should be able to at least construct one from any of the potential targets. I would suggest going to either the junkyard or depot first, as the Imperium Stronghold was low on weaponry before we left. They will be needing supplies more than manpower.

"We could always split up, and hit the two safer locations at once", states Redstone plainly.

"My team and I would be invaluable with a fortress protecting them from assault. They're effectively heavy artillery.

If my Acolytes and I, with the assistance of another, were to move to assist the Fortress, you could quickly move on the weapons depot. Meanwhile, my Astropath will sing for help as long as he is able."

Monodominant
2012-03-27, 10:54 AM
I assume that we have some passing knowledge of who is who since we are all gathered together and lets say we know each other?

Venefiktus gave a nod to his battle brothers and then approached the others. It has almost been eerie that the only one of the Grey Knights ever speaking was the Knight of the Flame, which Venefiktus had explained was the equivalent of an Astartes Sergeant.

On occassion the Impirial Forces would hear a brief and low murmur of static indicating the squad was using their internal vox system that connected the squad members but even that had been rare. Instict, familiarity and little need for actual words along with the series of hand movements during battle seemed to be all they needed.

"We should march for the junkyard as we may find vehicles and operational long range vox units there. My brothers estimate that we could lose as much as 45% of our forces in such a case but that is acceptable if it would mean the rest can survive. Alternatively, though I advise against it we should march directly towards the Stronghold." he says and pauses.

"My men and I are equipped to deal both with the smaller numbers of Tyranid organism and also the large life forms if they are blocked from the Empyrean... so we expect minimal casulaties either way..."

bluntpencil
2012-03-27, 11:05 AM
"I know how you operate, Sir Venefiktus. I must say that the risks there are too high. You and your super-human brothers would live, but the men and women under my command would die, as would the good Tech-Priest and his cohorts.

True, you would gain access to the technology, and surely use it against the enemy, but I feel that you are worried that purging us will be more difficult than simply letting the larger xenos do it.

Please forgive my forthrightness, but I plan on leaving this planet alive. My suggestion would involve you accompanying me to the fortress. My squad and I will provide heavy support, whilst your team strike forward and secure the gate.

The Ultramarines and the good Tech-Priest could, at that time, secure the heavy weapons depot. Hopefully my Astropath could call in aerial support, although, to be honest, I doubt that will happen."

Already there are chinks in the Imperium's armour. The Interrogator has a healthy fear of the Grey Knights, since anyone that meets them is either killed or mind-wiped. To hell with that, he reasons, he's got important things to do.

Monodominant
2012-03-27, 01:32 PM
"I strongly advise against splitting our limited forces." Venefiktus says firmly.

"I am unsure if you have faced the menace that is the Tyranids before but they combine endless ferocity, large numbers of smaller organisms and a few huge destructive entities that can fling battle tanks like they were nothing more than a little pebble... " he pauses turning to look towards his squad.

"Seperating will mean death for both groups. We need to keep our force united no matter what. If you are worried about the danger of the jankyards we should opt for the Imperial Fortress... not only will we find allied forces there but also shelter."

HerbieRAI
2012-03-27, 02:21 PM
Sigmus nodded in agreement.

"We have too few numbers to split up. If those are your wishes, let us return to the stronghold as a group. We can then venture back out for weaponry."

horngeek
2012-03-27, 03:32 PM
Sergeant Iohannes nods. "Splittting up is not an option. If we do so, we'll be overwhelmed by the Tyranids.

I recommend we go for the depot. We can find a communications device there, and hopefully some additional equipment, but it's not going to be as dangerous for our limited forces as the junkyard will be."

bluntpencil
2012-03-28, 03:49 AM
"Fair points well made," concedes Redstone.

"However, I want assurances, signed in blood, bound to your very soul, that there will be no purging of loyalist forces afterwards," he says to the Grey Knight coldly.

"Without those assurances, I may have to take my men and women elsewhere."

Monodominant
2012-03-28, 08:31 AM
The Grey Knight raises an eyebrow.

"Signed in blood? Bound to my soul? Interrogator your turn of phrase is to say the least disturbring and not fitting for a servant of the Ordos..." he says even more coldly!

A brief sound of static indicates that the armored giant has just exchanged a message with his squad and the Grey Knights seem to tense for a split second.

It is the voice of the brother with the incinerator that breaks the tention as it booms from the mouth grille of his suite.

"Your life is the Emperor's to use as He sees fit Interrogator Redstone. If any of us or all of us die trying to carry out the mission objectives so be it. We will die with a smile on our face and the Impreium one foe less. That is all you can ask for and hope for... Mission assetts, which include your and our lives, are just that, mission assetts to be used for the final victory. We are not about to waste or sacrifice any of them and the foe we are facing is not Daemonic in nature... as such no further sanctioning or purification should be necessary."

bluntpencil
2012-03-28, 08:42 AM
"Understood, sir knight," says Redstone.

"My comrades and I are, of course, the Emperor's to use as he sees fit..."

He then frowns, and quietly, but stubbornly says,

"...but you are not the Emperor.

I do not trust you. Trust no-one but the visible Enemy itself. It is but teeth and claws, and makes no secret of that fact; we can trust it to hunger for our flesh. Trust no-one else, not myself, not even yourself. Trust is folly; suspicion and vigilance a virtue."

Monodominant
2012-03-28, 08:46 AM
((So are we agreed for middle option? Should we do a voting thing? I guess it makes more sense to go for mid point since we have some wish for high end and low end mission as a compromise?))

bluntpencil
2012-03-28, 08:49 AM
Middle seems cool?

tigerusthegreat
2012-03-28, 09:05 PM
With the decision in hand to head to the Weapons Depot, you head off, waiting every moment to be hit by Xenos coming out of the bushes. You avoid any incursions for the moment, but that just means that the enemy hasn't found you yet.

As you catch sight of the weapon's depot, you see it is already on fire, and at least one of the walls has collapsed. There is a large explosion, and your VOX units come to life.

"....able Dreadnaught Gladius, requesting assistance.......................run by Xenos matching the.............notype. Support Squads.................own. Estimate survival at two minutes. Repeat, This is the Venerable Dreadnaught Gladius....." The VOX units go silent again, the soldiers standing slightly further away from the depot maintaining communications for mere moments longer than the rest.

(I'm trying to give you some options before we jump into a battle map, trying to give you guys a chance to do something tactical instead of being dumped in the middle of an ambush on the depot. Your actions will determine how "difficult" this moderate difficult situation will really be)

bluntpencil
2012-03-29, 01:10 AM
"My squad and I shall hang back, and provide long ranged support," says the Interrogator.

"Keep me updated on the situation. I don't want to risk collateral damage."

A trio of servo-skulls float around his shoulders as he speaks,

"These should be able to give you an advantage, perhaps preventing ambush and getting some intel beforehand."

Monodominant
2012-03-29, 05:08 AM
"We can be the spear tip assuming the others ensure we are not flanked. The venerable ancient must be rescued as the addition of a Dreadnought would greatly add to our combat capabilities" spoke Venefiktus before putting on his helmet.

"The Emperor Protects!" he booms from his vox grille before moving forward.

As his body started to fill with the pre-battle stims he activated his suits vox and sent out a broad communication burst hoping Gladius would pick up their transmission.

"This is Knight Venefiktus of the Athanatoi. We are approaching your location Brother Venerable with a mottley collection of my Grey Knights, Ultramarine Astartes and a tiny contingent of Mechanicum and Ordo forces. Please provide with details and enemy dispotion to assist in our intervention." he says and puts the message on repeat.

Just for clarification

I will be putting normal speech in... normal text and " ... "
Speech while wearing the helmet in this format " Blah Blah Ave Imperator Blah "
And vox communication simply in Italics

HerbieRAI
2012-03-29, 07:29 AM
Sigmus quietly follows the Grey Knights, He had always wanted to see how the machines worked, but never had the oppertunity to see one. His retinue was not so oblivious to the danger.

After a few dozen feet, getting out of earshot of the Interrogator and Grey Knights, Vesh sarcastically speaks to his commrades "As much as I'd love to get in the middle of the fight, lets get to a good firing position and see how this plays out."

Not sure if your going to allow my squads to be split up. If so then the ratlings will be on a flank in a firing position, while the priest and servitors will be following the Grey Knights.

bluntpencil
2012-03-29, 12:32 PM
"Get those servo-arms to the Dreadnought as soon as you can, Brother Sigmus. It will likely be needing repairs as we speak."

As he says this, the servo-skulls, updating him through a heads-up display, zoom off to conduct reconnaissance and prevent ambushes, hopefully spotting enemies early enough for the psyker coven to blast them to smithereens with no risk of allied lives.

He turns to the psykers gatheres around him,

"Prepare to pin the enemy down with a storm of the Emperor's own fury. Clear the path for the Tech Priest. Do not take any unnecessary risks."

Monodominant
2012-03-31, 03:39 PM
Bump bump and away?

Monodominant
2012-07-05, 07:22 AM
Was wondering if there was any interest to continue this or if I should go ahead and delete it from my list of subscribed threads...