PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Overrun Combo

Blyte
2012-03-27, 09:37 AM
overbearing onslaught (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/overbearing-onslaught-ex) + greater overrun (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/greater-overrun-combat---final) + pushing strikes (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/pushing-assault-combat)

basically charge and play kick the can.

I am going to try this with rhino hide, spiked destroyer, and vicious stomp in the mix.

if I charge+overrun someone I will be doing

STR(overbearing advance)+weapon(greater overrun)+armorspike(spiked destroyer)+unarmed strike(vicious stomp with pushing strike IE kick the can)+STR(2nd overrun)+weapon(2nd greater overrun)Im now out of AoOs, but I can continue to overrun to do STR damage again, but no follow-up AoO to kick the can anymore.

question: do you get a charge attack if you overrun in conjunction with charge? if so when do you get it?

stack
2012-03-27, 12:03 PM
Need combat reflexes to make use of the extra AOO's.

Blyte
2012-03-27, 12:23 PM
sorry, combat reflexes was assumed of course.

and the amount of "can kicking" you can do is dependant on your #of AoOs, so you should of course take combat reflexes and perhaps the rage power quick reflexes.

stack
2012-03-27, 12:35 PM
Vicious stomp (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/vicious-stomp-combat) could be fun if you get improved unarmed strike. Really eat into your AOO supply, but would also grant another chance to kick them if you miss the AOO from greater overrun, keeping the combo going.

Blyte
2012-03-27, 01:27 PM
that's precisely what I use, I included it later in my original post.

you can only use it for the 1st overrun though, since that is the only time they fall prone. then you have to use pushing strikes triggered by the greater overrun feat.

I am planning to take quick reflexes and also get a dex item in the future. should be some outstanding butt kicking.

I am currently a 6 barb, 1ftr, 1mnk (martial artist).

I am about to lvl to 9 and take fighter again. taking dragon style and pushing strikes as my feats... should be fun watching the DM try and say "you can't do that!"

Karoht
2012-03-27, 02:40 PM
We have a barbarian in our party doing this. It's awesome. Bowls everyone and everything down. Incredibly handy, just make sure you think about the battlefield in more dimensions than 'charge directly ahead of me' kind of thing. You want to move around, a lot. The more you can move, the more you can overrun things. I think I remember the barbarian saying that he was thinking of picking up Spring Attack? I could have misheard.
Also, Pounce. Anything you can do to Pounce (all of your attacks) at the end of all your Overrun shenanigans is worth it. Our barb picked it up, no idea if it's been getting use or not.

Lastly, he keeps reminding us that mounted, it's even more astounding. Be warned.

Blyte
2012-03-27, 05:37 PM
I have been overrunning for a long time as different barbs, but I have always spread the love around bowling over multiple foes in a round. With this option you can focus fire and really crank up some serious burst damage on a single target.

Talking to my DM he is begging me not to "cheese", but this isn't cheese imo.. I am sacrificing battle field control, IE knocking down multiple foes and conserving AoOs to threaten the field, for stronger single target damage. IMO it only adds versatility. I will definitely not opt to do this all the time, because I am inviting all the mobs I left standing and no longer threaten to run past me and mug my cleric. I hope he will see it my way and allow me to construct my "Landslide"

Crasical
2012-03-28, 12:39 AM
How does this work, exactly? You overrun on a charge, enemy is knocked prone which provokes an AoO, you power attack on the AoO to knock them back 5 feet, and then repeat that until you run out of movements or AoOs?

Krazzman
2012-03-28, 02:03 AM
By RAW (I know this because I asked)

You have 2 (although for you minor) problems. (The reason my GF dropped the idea of overrunning)

First: You can't charge targets when there is another target in your way. Meaning you can only charge the first one and that would be the end of your Move. Your so called landslide could also get a problem with 2 targets in the same space.

Second: You don't get any attacks except the ones from AoO's because the overrunning is a Standardaction.

That's at least what I got out of the RAW thread.

Hope this helps...

Blyte
2012-03-28, 08:07 AM
How does this work, exactly? You overrun on a charge, enemy is knocked prone which provokes an AoO, you power attack on the AoO to knock them back 5 feet, and then repeat that until you run out of movements or AoOs?

precisely. in effect, it's better than pounce, and you can get it a lot sooner than other melees get pounce.

Blyte
2012-03-28, 08:23 AM
By RAW (I know this because I asked)

You have 2 (although for you minor) problems. (The reason my GF dropped the idea of overrunning)

First: You can't charge targets when there is another target in your way. Meaning you can only charge the first one and that would be the end of your Move. Your so called landslide could also get a problem with 2 targets in the same space.

Second: You don't get any attacks except the ones from AoO's because the overrunning is a Standardaction.

That's at least what I got out of the RAW thread.

Hope this helps...

yes, charge is conditional. when you cannot charge, you still have the option to overrun in conjunction with a move action.

I try to charge to get the bonus +2 to hit and 2d6 on all my attacks from rhino hide, but it's still a nice option to overrun on a move, because you can turn a corner or make slight course adjustments to hit more opponents with your overrun.

there are also feats you can take to help overcome charge conditions like "dragon style", which allows you to both ignore difficult terrain and also charge through squares occupied by allies.