PDA

View Full Version : paintball Questions.

Kyberwulf
2012-03-27, 12:27 PM
Hello everyone, I was gonna start getting back into playing Paintball. I was wondering if anyone on this thread knows any good Markers. I am looking for qulity. I don't care about name brands, or whats the coolest one to have. I want one that works, consintintly, and lasts.

Jack Squat
2012-03-27, 05:21 PM
If you just want one that'll work, go with the Tippmann 98 series. There's a reason all the places use them as rentals - they don't break. They also offer enough modifications that you can make it as bare bones or as flashy as you want.

I have an original 98 (not custom) with a flatline barrel on it that I picked up at a garage sale. Sanded it down and tossed on a coat of rustoleum, and IMO, it works better than a lot of the tricked out, electric markers I see. At least for what I play.

If you're going into tournaments, that's a whole different game - but for something to do some pickup games or woodsball with, I can't think of any reason to drop a lot of cash on something fancy.

inexorabletruth
2012-03-27, 05:44 PM
Does this help? (http://www.pbreview.com/products/cat/43/page1/sort5/view2/layout2/rman/rcat/)

thubby
2012-03-27, 11:17 PM
tipman 98 is always a solid pick.

do you have a preference for CO2 or N2? woodsball vs speedball?

Kyberwulf
2012-03-30, 12:00 AM
I don't have a preference. I havn't played in a while. I am just wondering what some things are to look for in a Marker. What changed if anything.

Nepenthe
2012-04-01, 04:23 PM
If you can find one, VM-68s were built to survive the apocolypse. They also sound like howitzers. My favorite marker hands down.