PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt help – Pathfinder

Tal_Akaan
2012-03-27, 01:00 PM
I am playing in a gestalt Pathfinder game and need some help. I’m just not sure how to work out the leveling.

I’m playing as a Doppelganger, and classes are going to look like this Factotum//Fighter/Chameleon. I assume the Doppelganger takes up levels of one side of the build, but I’m not sure on a couple of things. Do I roll hit points for the racial HD and the class? What about saves, and BAB? Do I get the racail saves and BAB in addition to the class?

Thanks for any help.

-Tal

rollforeigninit
2012-03-27, 08:05 PM
Do you have access to Races of Destiny? It has the doppelganger monster class in there on pg 95. Just chart em up. You roll HP for fighter not Factotum or doppelganger since it has a better HD. (Aside: in my gestalt campaigns we roll both dice & take the better result. It gives a small incentive to play 2 high HD classes.) You do use the Class Skills for both classes & the better saves for every saving throw. Use whichever BAB is better. So in the end at lvl 20 your build looks like Factotum 20// Doppelganger 8/Chameleon 10/Fighter 2. You have to finish off the monster class (usually) before advancing anything else. If you don't have to then good for you. :smallsmile:

Blyte
2012-03-27, 08:38 PM
I am not the world's foremost authority on Pathfinder, but I believe this is not it.

rollforeigninit
2012-03-27, 08:42 PM
I'd Guess that the game is 3.P in reality seeing as Chameleons don't exist in Pf either.

Panda24
2012-03-27, 09:07 PM
Did you use the Chameleon from Ultimate Combat?

For gestalt: Take the highest BAB progression and the best base saves from either class in the gestalt and take all class skills.

Anyway, if it was my game I would have you first take 3 levels for the doppelganger so you could play read-as-written from the bestiary with the 4d10 health, then you begin playing from level 4 in classes.
I think RAW doppelganger has racial modifiers +4 bluff and +4 Disguise. Saves for a base doppelganger are Fort+3, Ref+4 and Will+4, as well as +4 natural armour.
They also get class skills from being a monstrous humanoid.
They don't seem to have a BAB?
Unless you're using a nerfed home-brew doppelganger, in which case use that, and classes and hit dice would go normally.

That's how I'd do it anyway...:smallsmile: