PDA

View Full Version : Belkar's death

PrometheusMFD
2012-03-27, 03:46 PM
The oracle said that Belkar would draw his last breath ever before the year was up. Not to say the Order of the Stick would resurrect the little monster, but could it be foreshadowing his death by the Snarl? It's (sort of) been established that when the Snarl kills something, its soul is unmade rather than the regular "pass on until you are rezzed (or not)".

MyNameIsSecret
2012-03-27, 04:02 PM
The oracle said that Belkar would draw his last breath ever before the year was up. Not to say the Order of the Stick would resurrect the little monster, but could it be foreshadowing his death by the Snarl?

A death similar to Kraggor's perhaps? Seems possible. That is, if the Snarl even exists. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0672.html)

term3186
2012-03-27, 05:09 PM
Im also of the opinion that the Snarl will consume Belkar. He's (for the most part) been a valuable ally against Xykon, and a darn good fighter for the Order. For the Order to not raise Belkar, he'd probably have to go turncoat or be unmade by the snarl. I suppose it's possible that he refuses a raise, but he seems to enjoy life too much.

Edit: or maybe reanimated by Xykon? I don't imagine undead "breathe".

PrometheusMFD
2012-03-27, 05:26 PM
Im also of the opinion that the Snarl will consume or maybe reanimated by Xykon? I don't imagine undead "breathe".

If this was prior to comic 842, I would say that the Giant isn't that cruel

suzaliscious
2012-03-27, 11:01 PM
Oh dear ... I wonder how I'd react to seeing Belkar be turned undead by Xykon, just like

Liran was in SoD.

It'd be ... trying ... for the Order, regardless of how Evil Belkar is. He's been with them through a lot.

lorddrake
2012-03-28, 09:41 AM
I just thought that maybe he will not want to be ressurected. Maybe he finds his afterlife so much more fun than living that he'll be there eternally.

I can even picture him slicing through the Dark One's army as a sexy shoeless god of war. :smallcool:

Dark Elf Bard
2012-03-28, 09:48 AM
psst there are thirty thousand threads about this already.

Hbgplayer
2012-03-28, 10:53 AM
psst there are thirty thousand threads about this already.

"What's that? I can't hear you, you're going to have to speak up! :wink: