PDA

View Full Version : Super Mutant Robot Bardic Music Rules [3.5 or pathfinder, WIP, PEACH]

Dr.Orpheus
2012-03-27, 04:50 PM
I have for the longest time wanted to create an odd race bard with extra hands that have extra finger to play a triple necked stringed instrument. Now assuming I had a race that could do that there are no rules regarding having more or less then 10 fingers. I wish to create these rules with the help of all you playgrounders.

I was thinking that your number of hands would let you play more instruments and the number of fingers would give you bonuses on perform checks when playing instruments.

Some of you may think that even though more fingers would help in the perform check it will not help the magic aspect of the bards music. I think we should compare bardic magic to the other forms of arcane magic wizards and sorcerers require verbal and symbiotic components and a mental force of sorts bardic magic seems to be the same except the mental force is less important and most of the magic comes from ether the verbal component (singing, story telling, etc.) or the symbiotic component (playing the lute, dancing, etc.) and if you are really good at your performance your also good at the magic.

With 10 fingers and 2 hands being normal I guess every finger less then ten would give you a -1 bonus and every 2 fingers more would give you a +1 bonus. For hands every 2 hands allows for 1 instrument to be played except some things like a double necked guitar would use four hands.

Playing different instruments should require feats identical to multiweapon fighting or dualwielding.

Multiple feet could improve Perform Dance, maybe -10 missing 1 leg and +2 for each additional leg.

I don't think body parts should effect the number of rounds or numer of times per day bardic music that can be played

And then when it comes to Bardic Music what will happen then I have an idea of increasing the saves if you have more of the appropriate body part used to play your type of music

This is not directly related to the rules above, but quite cool here is a new race.

MUSICAL WARFORGED RACIAL TRAITS
· -2 Wisdom : Musical warforged are less resilient then normal, but are created as socially as adept as most other races.
· Medium: As medium constructs, musical warforged have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
· Musical warforged are constructs with the living construct subtype.
· Warforged has a base land speed of 30 feet.
· Dark Vision 60'
· Amplification: Any sonic vibration made by the musical warforged (ether vocal or an instrumental) that has magical effects within a certain range has its range extended 10 ft.
· Composite Plating: The plating used to build musical warforges provides a +1 armor bonus, This plating is not natural armor and doesn to stakc with the other effects that give an armor bonus ( other than natural armor). This composite plating occupies the same space on the body asa suit of armor or a robe, and thus a musical warforged character cannot wear armor or magic robes. Musical warforged can be enchanted just as armor can be. The character must be present for th entire time it takes to enchant him.
Composite plating gives a musical warforged no arcane spell failure chance, similar to the penalty for wearing light armor. Any class ability that allows a musical warforged to ignore the arcane spell failure chance for light armor lets him ignore this penalty as well.
· Light Fortification (EX): When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on a musical warforged, there is a 25% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and the damage is instead rolled normally.
· A musical warforged has a natural weapon in the form on a slam attack that deals 1d3 points of damage.
· Innate Musical Talent: Musical warforged gain a +2 bonus on perform and listen checks from a fine tuned hearing receptor and a metronome like heart beet that cannot be silenced without magical means and can be heard with a DC 15 listen check.
· Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: None.
· Level Adjustment: +0
· Favored Class: Bard

I got a foundation here, but any recommendations would be nice.