PDA

View Full Version : Spell to Power Gish?

Azernak0
2012-03-27, 06:18 PM
Oh hi there. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a Spell to Power Erudite gish? I know the Psychic Warrior is already a Psionic gish but the idea of StP Erudite gish seems tasty.

Rubik
2012-03-27, 06:26 PM
Oh hi there. I was wondering if it would be possible to make a Spell to Power Erudite gish? I know the Psychic Warrior is already a Psionic gish but the idea of StP Erudite gish seems tasty.It very much is possible. They can buff better than almost anyone else in the game, given that they have access to all the best arcane spells and psionic powers.

Azernak0
2012-03-27, 06:39 PM
Do the only exist through pure buffs and doing what the fighter does or can they get a little higher BAB? Vigor + Share Pain will make them hard enough to kill but a low BAB can really lower damage. Thanks.

Rubik
2012-03-27, 06:47 PM
Do the only exist through pure buffs and doing what the fighter does or can they get a little higher BAB? Vigor + Share Pain will make them hard enough to kill but a low BAB can really lower damage. Thanks.The Metamorphosis power can raise one's Strength score to ludicrous levels (and give tons of natural attacks, meaning they don't get that stupid -15 penalty to attack for the 4th iterative - they get -5 at most), and Tenser's Transformation prevents the casting of spells but not the manifestation of powers (and that will give you full BAB for a limited time). Plus they can do things like manifest the Fusion power to give them full BAB and better stats as well.

Plus there are ways to boost your ability to augment powers through the roof. For instance, I managed to get a Str score of 100 using one item from Magic of Eberron and a few buffs.

Big Fau
2012-03-27, 07:26 PM
It is possible to retain your ability to manifest powers after manifesting a StP'ed Tenser's Transformation, but failing that there is an option in Dragon Magazine to convert Divine spells into Psionic Powers (Erudite-exclusive, naturally).

If neither is an option, the Skillful weapon enhancement (CW) should suffice.

Rubik
2012-03-27, 07:29 PM
It is possible to retain your ability to manifest powers after manifesting a StP'ed Tenser's Transformation, but failing that there is an option in Dragon Magazine to convert Divine spells into Psionic Powers (Erudite-exclusive, naturally).

If neither is an option, the Skillful weapon enhancement (CW) should suffice.If you take mantled erudite for the magic mantle you should be able to take the Extra Spell feat for divine spells, make a power stone to learn it from, then PsyRef it to another spell.

Coidzor
2012-03-27, 07:36 PM
Is there anything stopping a Spell to Power Erudite from PrCing out?

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-03-27, 07:42 PM
Is there anything stopping a Spell to Power Erudite from PrCing out?

Outside of the possible limitation on unique powers per day (and interpretation).:smallsigh:

Of course, as 10/10 manifesting is a much larger luxury than 10/10 casting, it could be more problematic.

Rubik
2012-03-27, 07:43 PM
Is there anything stopping a Spell to Power Erudite from PrCing out?Only the fact that you don't get the freebie powers known every level (like a wizard gets spells) and you don't get more UPPD.

The more levels of erudite you have, however, the more expensive learning powers in other ways becomes, so it might actually be BETTER to PrC out early unless you have no access to spellcasters or scrolls, assuming you don't mind only getting 2-3 powers per day.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-03-27, 07:50 PM

If neither is an option, the Skillful weapon enhancement (CW) should suffice.

Skilful enhancement is actually from complete arcane, though yes it is a good option.

Big Fau
2012-03-27, 08:08 PM
assuming you don't mind only getting 2-3 powers per day.

Assuming the DM uses the worst possible interpretation of the UPD class feature, or has gotten ahold of the actual errata for CP.

Coidzor
2012-03-27, 10:36 PM
Assuming the DM uses the worst possible interpretation of the UPD class feature, or has gotten ahold of the actual errata for CP.

There's a fake errata? :smallconfused:

Big Fau
2012-03-27, 10:46 PM
There's a fake errata? :smallconfused:

Aside from the stuff the guys at BG are/were working on? Not that I know of. Although it seems one of them got ahold of one of CP's designers and got an "unofficial" errata PDF.