PDA

View Full Version : Divine Savant (Divine Ultimate Magus) [3.5, Prc, PEACH]

Calanon
2012-03-28, 12:21 AM
This was inspired by another post made years ago, that I discovered while searching for... one of these but couldn't so I just made one using an old idea... Source of "my" Idea (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127106)

Credit to Zaydos for... well everything really...

Divine Savant

http://kbgallery.homestead.com/files/cleric.jpg
Divine Savants are living extensions of there deities

If you've ever felt the tingling glow of divinity in your heart when hearing the speeches of a representative of your deity, then you are follower. If you've ever spread the Ideals of your deity with each step that you take, then you are a Cleric. If you've ever felt the tingling glow of divinity in your heart when spreading the ideals of your deity, then you are a Divine Savant.

As a Divine Savant, Channeling the powers of your deity simply comes easier to you then other Clerics; This shouldn't give you any feelings of arrogance or the idea that you are favored by your deity, but this should give you a better idea of what you are following.

Prerequisites:
Alignment: Must match your Deity
Skills: Knowledge (Religion) 8 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks.
Feats: Law, Chaos, Good or Evil Devotion
Spellcasting: Able to spotaneously cast 1st level Divine Spells (Excluding "Inflict", "Cure", and "Summon Nature's Ally"), Able to prepare and cast any 2nd level Divine Spell.
HD: D8
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Class Features| Spellcasting

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Divine Spell Power +1|+1 level of existing prepared Divine casting class and +1 level of existing spontaneous Divine casting class

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Divine Teachings ,DivineBlessing (1st level) |+1 level of existing prepared Divine casting class and +1 level of existing spontaneous Divine casting class

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+3|Divine Augmentation|+1 level of existing prepared Divine casting class and +1 level of existing spontaneous Divine casting class

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Divine Spell Power +2, Divine Blessing (2nd level)|+1 level of existing prepared Divine casting class and +1 level of existing spontaneous Divine casting class

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Bonus feat|+1 level of existing prepared Divine casting class and +1 level of existing spontaneous Divine casting class

6th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|Divine Blessing (3rd level)|+1 level of existing prepared Divine casting class and +1 level of existing spontaneous Divine casting class

7th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+5|Divine Spell Power +3|+1 level of existing prepared Divine casting class and +1 level of existing spontaneous Divine casting class

8th|
+4|
+6|
+2|
+6|Divine Blessing (4th level)|+1 level of existing prepared Divine casting class and +1 level of existing spontaneous Divine casting class

9th|
+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|Bonus feat|+1 level of existing prepared Divine casting class and +1 level of existing spontaneous Divine casting class

10th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Divine Spell Power +4, Divine Blessing (5th level)|+1 level of existing prepared Divine casting class and +1 level of existing spontaneous Divine casting class
[/table]

(2+ Int Modifier)
Class Skills: Concentrate, Craft (any one), Diplomacy, Heal, Jump, Knowledge (Arcane, Religion, History, Planes), Perform (any one), Profession (any one), Sense Motive ,Spellcraft. If a Cleric domain would provide class skills the Divine Savant would add those to this list.

Class Features

Spellcasting
At each level except 1st, 4th, and 7th, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in both a prepared divine casting class and a spontaneous divine casting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of those classes would have gained. At 1st, 4th, and 7th level, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in your divine spellcasting class with the lowest caster level. For example, a 4th-level cleric/1st-level favored soul who gained one level of Divine Savant would gain increased spellcasting ability as if he had gained a level of favored soul (since that class's caster level is lower than his cleric caster level). If all your divine spellcasting classes have equal caster levels, you can apply this benefit to any of your existing divine spellcasting classes. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of those classes would have gained.

Divine Spell Power (Ex)
At 1st level, your caster level for all divine spells increases by 1. It increases again at 4th level, 7th level, and 10th level (to a maximum of +4).

Divine Teachings (Ex)
At 2nd level, you may add 1/2 your Divine Savant class level to gain class features or improve upon previously obtained Class features of your other divine classes. for Example: a 4th lvl Cleric/1st lvl Favored Soul/ 4th lvl Divine Savant would have the Weapon Focus of a 3rd lvl Favored Soul and be able to turn undead as a 6th lvl Cleric.

Divine Blessing (Ex)
Starting at 2nd level and every 2 levels after that the Divine Savant gains a bonus spell slot as if gained through a high casting score. Additionally for the spontaneous half the Divine Savant gains an additional spell known.

Divine Augmentation (Ex)
Starting at 3rd level, you can choose to sacrifice a spell or spell slot from one of your classes to apply the effect of a metamagic feat that you know to a spell cast using another divine class. (For instance, you could sacrifice a favored soul slot to apply a metamagic effect to a cleric spell.) This sacrificed spell or slot is lost (just as if you had cast the spell) in addition to the spell you are actually casting. The level of the spell to be augmented can't exceed 1/2 your class level. For example, when you first gain this ability, you can only apply a metamagic effect to 1st-level spells. A 10th-level divine savant can affect spells of 5th level or lower. The level of the spell slot sacrificed must equal or exceed the spell level adjustment of the metamagic feat. To empower a spell, for example, you would have to spend a 2nd-level or higher spell. You can't use this ability to augment a spell already affected by a metamagic feat. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + 1/2 your class level.

Bonus Feat
At 5th level, and again at 9th level, you can select a bonus metamagic feat, Divine feat, or Devotion feat for which you meet the prerequisites.

The Mentalist
2012-03-28, 01:35 AM
Not bad old boy (roughly equivalent to the Ultimate Magus, possibly a little weaker due to the ease of Divine Metamagic) seems like a good copy/paste

Calanon
2012-03-28, 01:54 AM
Not bad old boy (roughly equivalent to the Ultimate Magus, possibly a little weaker due to the ease of Divine Metamagic) seems like a good copy/paste

Meh, I wanted to make it so this could potentially override the DM saying "No Divine Metamagic nonsense" without making it to obvious that I'm converting Turnings that I'll probably never use into super powers :smallannoyed:

Gotta be honest, Always wanted to make a Divine Caster... :smallredface: but ever since I made an Archivist that completely wrecked my friends game (IT WAS AN ACCIDENT BTW) I've never been allowed to play a Divine Caster... Arcane however was a-ko with him... mostly because I was afraid that he'd take stuff away... Of course I've long since abandoned that DM and his table shortly thereafter fell apart :smallamused:

So tempted to make Divine Blessing into Divine Grace...