PDA

View Full Version : high crit range

Jimbob
2012-03-28, 06:31 PM
Evening/morning all,

Currently im playing a rouge that uses a dagger.
Now I have been looking through PHB etc and seen a paragon path that increases the threat range of your dagger and then saw a power that also does the same.
So my first question is, do these power and paragon path bonus stack and if so how does it work?
Example - Paragon path increase threat range to 18-20, power increase threat range to 17-20. So would my threat range be 17-20 as that is the highest range or 14-20 adding both together??

My second question, is if they do stack then whats the lowest I can get it down to and what path, powers and feats to take. I only have PHB 1 and 2 and Martial power.

cheers all.

Akodo Makama
2012-03-28, 06:43 PM
They both set the range to a specific new range. They do not stack. This question has been answered in the 'by the RAW' thread at least once already, should you wish further explanation.

Jimbob
2012-03-28, 06:45 PM
thanks very much :smallwink:

DragonBaneDM
2012-03-29, 09:22 AM
You're gonna want to go Daggermaster for sure if critting's what you want. 18-20 all day every day is as good as it gets in 4e, and then there's Raise the Stakes at Level 16 that you've already found. So 17-20 for a turn.

So getting a high crit range is as simple as that. Now what you've got to start thinking of is what you want to DO with your crits.

Jimbob
2012-03-30, 07:03 PM
thats a very good point, what feats and powers should I be looking at to max my output for a crit?

tcrudisi
2012-03-31, 09:14 AM
Surprise Knockdown: Critical hit knocks a target prone.
Devastating Critical: +1d10 critical damage.
Two-Weapon Opening: gain a free MBA with off-hand.
Two-Fisted Shooter: make a RBA with a hand crossbow

Bloodiron weapon does +1d10 per crit and lets you do your critical hit damage to the target again at the start of your next turn.

Assault Boots: Knock target prone.
War Ring: extra critical hit damage based on your weapon.
Solitaire (all of 'em): various things. Look 'em up.
Ring of Giants: +2 critical damage for each +1 enhancement bonus your weapon has. So a +4 weapon gives you +8 critical hit damage.

I am sure there are others, but I'm too lazy to find them.