PDA

View Full Version : What cartoon am I thinking of?

hivedragon
2012-03-28, 07:48 PM
The two main characters are a blond dude in red and a black haired chick in green. The main bad guy is a reptilian with rock golem mooks. There's also a bird guy and a lion girl. Pretty sure it was on air during the 90s.

Gnoman
2012-03-28, 08:01 PM
Sounds a lot like Thundarr The Barbarian from what I recall.

hivedragon
2012-03-28, 08:09 PM
Sounds a lot like Thundarr The Barbarian from what I recall.

Nope, that ain't it.

Gnoman
2012-03-28, 08:20 PM
Well, the only other cartoon I can think of with a male blond hero is He-Man. Of course, the 90s are when a ton of older shows were in syndication, so it could well be a much earlier show. Do you remember what the art looked like?

hivedragon
2012-03-28, 08:31 PM
Well, the only other cartoon I can think of with a male blond hero is He-Man. Of course, the 90s are when a ton of older shows were in syndication, so it could well be a much earlier show. Do you remember what the art looked like?

The art was too advanced to be an 80s show in syndication, it was definitely made during the 90s. As for genre it is definitely similar to Thundarr The Barbarian, though it was set on an alien planet; not earth.

Lord Seth
2012-03-28, 08:37 PM
You can't remember anything else? Premise? Plots? Also, do you remember if the "bird guy and lion girl" were good, evil, or neutral?

Starscream
2012-03-28, 08:40 PM
Wouldn't happen to be Mighty Max, would it? It's a stretch, but that one did have a blonde guy protagonist, a bird-dude, and at least a couple of rock monsters. Can't say I recall any lion girls.

hivedragon
2012-03-28, 08:48 PM
The bird guy and lion girl were rebels against the evil empire.
It definitely wasn't mighty max though the art style is similar.

Lyndworm
2012-03-28, 08:57 PM
I'm searching my memory (and Google) for all I'm worth, but I've nothing to show for it. You're sure that you can't remember anything else? You never know what small detail might be the key.

BuilditBurnit
2012-03-29, 08:50 AM
I Registered just to attempt this answer.

85% positive that you're thinking of the poorly received Flash Gordon series from 1996. It has:
1. Blonde Hero (Flash "Alex(?)" Gordon)
2. Black Haired Woman in Green (Dale Arden"
3. Lizard Bad Guy (Ming the Merciless-since they couldn't use the whole Fu Manchu original character design due to evolving standards for stereotypes, they transmorgrified him into a reptile)
4. Bird Guy (Prince Talon)
5. Lion Girl (Thundar, one r and not a barbarian but rather a princess in this show)
6. Rebellion against the evil empire of Ming
7. Alien planet
8. Rock guys I can't say for sure, but Rockmen fits in with the Flash Gordon subject material.

Check out this promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GrGdakEeNg

FWIW, I have never actually seen the show, but your data points reminded me of Flash Gordon.

dehro
2012-03-29, 09:14 AM
GORDON'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Also, welcome to the mayhem forum

Xefas
2012-03-29, 09:19 AM
Check out this promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GrGdakEeNg

"Can you handle the hottest action on TV?"

This show looks awesome. I might have to watch an episode or two.

hivedragon
2012-03-29, 04:59 PM
@BuilditBurnit
thanx

Are there any good pictures of Princess Aura? (the reptilian one)

KillianHawkeye
2012-03-31, 09:39 AM
This just reminds me how disappointed I was that the Flash Gordon remake on SciFi got canceled after the first season. :smallsigh:
http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/A_F/Fi_Fp/flashGordon/season1/flash-gordon-van-hoof11.jpg
Princess Aura (2007)