PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Man in Black?

aphoticConniver
2012-03-28, 07:48 PM
I've been trying to come up with a class layout for an archetype I came up with but... I can't think of what classes to make him.

I'd like to make the perfect rogue. Not rogue per-say, but essentially an epic-level man with insane amounts of Sneak Attack dice, who can blend into a crowd almost at will. In essence, a Man in Black.'

How would I do this?

hivedragon
2012-03-28, 07:57 PM
For blending into crowds go changeling.
For insane Sneak attack damage try dipping into every base class which grants it (spell thief/ninja/thug)

Taelas
2012-03-28, 08:02 PM
Rogue/Swashbuckler/Swordsage with Daring Outlaw and Assassin's Stance.

Daftendirekt
2012-03-28, 08:36 PM
Here I was hoping this was going to be about the Black Smoke Monster from Lost.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-03-28, 08:42 PM
For blending into crowds go changeling.
For insane Sneak attack damage try dipping into every base class which grants it (spell thief/ninja/thug)

SNEAK ATTACK FIGHTER AND THUG FIGHTER ARE TWO SEPARATE THINGS! Goddammit.

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-03-28, 09:31 PM
Changeling for race is a great idea, as hivedragon mentioned. No matter where you are, you're always an "everyman," and just sort of blend into a crowd.

For class, I'm divided between Diviner, Enchanter, or Beguiler. Diviner for whole "We have much to talk about," the other two for "Please, come with me."

Eventually, get something some prestige class that nets you some form of Bardic Knowledge (Loremaster, Loredelver, et al.) for just "knowing."

For a more physically threatening MiB, Factotum with a focus on IF and social skills could work in a pinch, too.