PDA

View Full Version : Sky Pirares [IC]

Draken
2012-03-28, 10:35 PM
Dawnhaven! A typical name for a typical city, its streets bustling with commerce, its people cheerful, the ships docked at the pier casting their shadows down from the sky.

And one of those ships is important to us now. The Silent Wind, with its distinctive scarlet balloon inflated, it is ready and set to depart, captain Morgan has called in the crew. Including the five new members.

The question is, who is late and who is not?

Rizban
2012-03-28, 10:38 PM
Ral'tik, the kreen who never sleeps, arrives early and looks around.

Selinia
2012-03-29, 12:54 AM
Estekhet, too, was punctual, arriving about fifteen minutes ahead of schedule with a wide smile and a heavy pack slung over one shoulder. She'd forgone sleep the night before, nerves strung a bit too tightly to settle down something her heritage made largely optional, but she didn't want to show up too early either.

Upon arrival, the young lillend pulls her tail around her lower body a few times and settles down comfortably into a uniquely serpentine posture that approximated sitting without losing much in the way of height. Estekhet takes note of the kreen curiously, but is content to wait for the scheduled meeting in silence, occasionally fanning her wings a little to catch a waft of cool air.

Keegan__D
2012-03-29, 01:18 AM
Signing up just the previous night, Barnk scrambles to finish aqcuiring gear for the trip. He arrives a bit late, with plenty of burden, and makes his way on board as quickly as he can.

What exactly is the vessel?

Draken
2012-03-29, 08:47 AM
Something along this line:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4MUf6T4VzPw/Sn7BxpITTOI/AAAAAAAALRI/86ubaJkgMag/s320/steampunk-lz100-airship-papercraft-02.jpg

shugyosha
2012-03-29, 09:01 AM
Connar swaggered on board. He had just finished a deal with the Lucky Star and made his way to meeting the captain and crew. His pack over one shoulder and a dark bottle in hand, he walked like he was already a veteran of the crew.

He took a chance scurrying off the ship this close to leaving but he thought it was worth it. He was a little late but he was confident that wouldn't count against him in the end. He'd seen a Kreen before but never the like of that serpentine woman and was still fascinated by her.

gallagher
2012-03-29, 11:29 AM
Arriving (hopefully) on time, Gumbo enters in smelling like he just got out of a cajun kitchen. which he did, but mainly to steal a bite before heading out to adventure

spot check for when i get onboard: [roll0]

Draken
2012-03-30, 07:38 PM
Gumbo, like all others, sees the rest of the crew, mostly humans but a pair of dwarves as well, preparing the ship to depart. He also sees a Kreen, a winged serpent-woman, a halfling and an orangutan.

And finally, they see a heavy-vested man coming down from the helm, the famous captain Morgan.

"Ah, it is the new members of the crew. Come on aboard, we are ready to depart."

shugyosha
2012-03-30, 08:28 PM
Connar smiled, he knew being late wasn't going to be a problem. He walks up the captain and hands him a bottle. "Captain Morgan, here's some rum I traded for this morning."

Selinia
2012-03-31, 12:20 AM
"Ah, wonderful! I'll board at once." Estekhet claps her hands together and grins as she uncoils, proceeding to heft her equipment over one shoulder and join the human in boarding the ship. She did this for the most part without pause, but did stop a moment to greet the captain briefly.

"My name is Estekhet, sir. May this arrangement be mutually profitable, and without dissent." She bobs her torso slightly, sweeping her hands through a motion that would have been a curtsey if she'd had either dress or legs to wear it over. It was very traditional, and probably a little overdone, but making an impression was important.

Draken
2012-03-31, 01:48 PM
Morgan takes the bottle from Connar giving him a pat on the back as he passes.

"Aha! The traditional drink of our line of work. An excellent first impression lord Connar, your chambers will be by the aft, first door to the left."

Then comes Estekhet, and he gives a sly smile.

"Such a proper and prim lady, hardly what one would expect in a boat such as this, welcome onboard! You will be sharing accomodations with the shipwright, Mirabelle, she is downstairs towards the aft, first door to the right."

The captain turns to Gumbo, who apparently looking around, and Barnk, scrambling in.

"Gumbo, our new cook if I recall! You will be sharing a bunk with Connar. Mister Barnk, I expect much from you, you will be sharing a room with the first mate, also to the aft, second room to the left.

Lastly, the captain looks to Ral'Tik, waiting for him to say something.

Selinia
2012-03-31, 07:37 PM
"Pfft! Proper lady? Nah." Estekhet smirks slightly in return.

"I just figure it can't hurt to be polite to the man who'll be giving me orders. I still meant it though. Glad to join the crew."

The lillend proceeds to follow the captain's succinct directions, moving through the ship to the quarters she had apparently been assigned. Figuring it polite, given that it was a shared residence, she knocks rather than simply barging in.

"Hello? Is anybody there?"

shugyosha
2012-04-01, 06:46 PM
Connar gives a smile and heads off to stow his things. Once done he joins the other for a life of adventure.

Keegan__D
2012-04-01, 11:58 PM
Thank you, cap'n! He hurries off to drop off his gear and meet his roommate. If the first mate is there, he introduces himself and heads back the deck.

gallagher
2012-04-02, 01:09 AM
Gumbo chuckles ah yez, I hope you prepared for ze new cooking as well as ze new cook. I hope to, ahem, profit greatly from my new position

Rizban
2012-04-02, 04:47 PM
Tal'tik ducks his head towards the captian as he boards the ship.

"Lukaj Haaz-Mmorgan."

Draken
2012-04-02, 05:38 PM
"Anyone who can't stomach the cook gets ditched at the next city, that is how we do it. When the cooks don't get throw off that is."

It is a delicate balance between weeding out the weak and being a bad cook.

Ral'tik gains an empty face at his line.

"... Hmm... Common please. Or halfling. Elven works too. Or draconic if you can. But I don't speak... That."

Rizban
2012-04-02, 08:05 PM
"Hello, sir."

Draken
2012-04-03, 01:45 AM
"That is better, hello to you sir Raltik. You will be taking the second room to right, it was going to be shared, but your prospective roomate had a change of plans at the last moment."

With everyone onboard, Morgan signals some other members of the crew to pull in the gangplank and strides up towards the helm.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, I hope you are all set because this is where we depart!"

The engines of the ship start, and the Silent Wind heads out of its docking space.

shugyosha
2012-04-03, 09:22 AM
Once the word was given, Connar went to help release the mooring. Slowly the Silent Wind drifted from her dock and the engines took a hold.

Once they were on their way, he began to systematically check the rigging, making sure the main air bladder was secure.

Rizban
2012-04-03, 10:08 PM
Uncertain of why he would need a room at all, Ral'tik simply inclines his head in assent and does as he is told.

Selinia
2012-04-04, 04:24 PM
Estekhet settles in, trying to find her quarters. Flying was fun, but she'd done it before. She could always get up on the deck and enjoy the rushing air later - the first priority of travel was always to make sure your sleeping arrangements were workable.

Draken
2012-04-04, 09:37 PM
Connar finds the bladder secured, the rest of the crew did their jobs well.

Ral'Tik receives no further orders, the ship is still leaving the city's airspace after all.

Estekhet easily finds herself in a somewhat large room... But most of it is taken by the things of her roommate, who is there, working on a table.

Mirabelle, presumably, is either a warforged or wearing somehting that could pass for full plate.

"Leave your things by the table and go back to the deck."

Her voice is not mechanical enough to be warforged, it is indelicate enough to belong to one, however!

Rizban
2012-04-04, 10:13 PM
Having only the leather he wear and the pole arm he carries in the way of possessions, Ral'tik simply straps the weapon to his back and stands around out of the way until someone tells him what to do.

shugyosha
2012-04-05, 10:01 AM
Connar

"Everything secure Captain. What is our heading?"

Selinia
2012-04-05, 06:54 PM
Estekhet fails to stop smiling when presented with this blunt statement, its indelicacy outweighed by curiosity about the speaker. That was a stroke of good luck at least - nothing was more irritating than a dull roommate.

"Right then, a pleasure to meet you as well! I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to get to know each other later."

The lillend casually drops her heavy pack by the table, though she keeps a small purse slung around her hips, and finely-crafted halberd over her back. Leaving gold untended on a pirate ship would be silly after all, and going unarmed was unwise regardless of the situation.

The short detour completed, she returns to the deck, eyes and ears open to both the sensations of flight and to any instructions that might wing their way in her direction.

Draken
2012-04-05, 07:09 PM
Captain Morgan shouts from the helm.

"This is our heading mister Connar. Half an hour before our departure, a small merchant airship left Dawnhaven. It has a crew of eight noncombatants, six guards, the captain and his friends and family, six civilians in total. We should reach it in twenty minutes, so sharpen your arms and ready your armor everyone!"

shugyosha
2012-04-06, 09:47 AM
Connar

"Aye Aye Captain," says Connar.

Connar quickly makes his way to his cabin and dons his armor and weapons.

Selinia
2012-04-06, 07:51 PM
Real battle less than a day out of port? It seemed that Morgan was as bold as his reputation suggested. The lillend let the adrenaline of impending action sweep through her as she made her final preparations for combat. She almost always wore her studded chestplate and armguards, but the layered barding on her serpentine lower torso was uncomfortable enough that she preferred to avoid wearing it any more than possible. She knew a lot of older lillends eschewed armoring their tails at all, but her scales simply weren't tough enough to do that safely.

After taking a few minutes to double-check the straps, Estekhet returns to the deck. The supple leather clung snugly to her sides, and while it didn't cover her completely, it would still offer some valuable protection against any foe trying to strike at her lower body.

As she waits for the merchant vessel to come into sight, Estekhet drums her fingers against the haft of her halberd and hums a few bars from the old Vagabond song "What's Yours Shall Soon Be Mine". It seems appropriate.

gallagher
2012-04-06, 09:45 PM
handcrossbow out and kukri at his side, Gumbo goes to the side to best see when his first enemy gets near

Rizban
2012-04-07, 03:00 PM
Ral'tik, already armed and armored, stands around waiting for something to happen. He's good at watching and waiting.

Draken
2012-04-07, 03:33 PM
Soon, the target vessel comes into view, and the Silent Wind picks up speed, coming into range.

Already, the guards of the other ship rendezvous at the deck, clad in scale mail and wielding longbows, with sheathed longswords on their sides.

Up by the helm is the captain of the target vessel, who shouts back at you when you approach.

"Identify yourselves! Or we will shoot!"

Either talk back, or roll initiative!

Rizban
2012-04-07, 03:48 PM
Ral'tik hunches down behind a blind of some sort to prevent them from getting a good line of sight to him, clicking his mandibles in excitement as he draws his fierce weapon from its clasp on his back.

[roll0]

gallagher
2012-04-07, 07:37 PM
initiative: [roll0]

Selinia
2012-04-08, 02:06 AM
"Hail, merchantmen!" Estekhet smiles and waves across the gap.

"You should know that this is a ship-full of really, truly ferocious scallywags! Have you considered letting us take your cargo in a nonviolent manner? I mean, since its going to be taken anyway and all. Just throwing that option out there!"

Still, she hits the deck almost immediately after giving the short speech, preferring to not be in the line of fire for so many weapons.

Actions:
Futile Diplomacy Roll: [roll0]

shugyosha
2012-04-08, 09:09 AM
Estekhet speech wasn't what he expected. All he wanted it to get closer to board her and lower a the chance that they would shoot their air ballast. He doubted that her ploy would work but did his best to back her up. "Men to the deck!"
Once gathered, "Look mean."

Aid action
[roll0] Diplomacy
and Init (just incase)
[roll1]

gallagher
2012-04-08, 07:45 PM
i have on my cloak, hood up, with my hand crossbow in one hand and my kukri in my teeth

Draken
2012-04-08, 08:49 PM
Barnk draws his musket, taking cover as the Silent Wind enters boarding range.

Barnk's initiative:
[roll0]

The captain of the target ship nearly fumes at Estekhet's words, waving at his soldiers.

"FIRE! KILL THESE RUFFIANS!"

Soldiers initiative:
[roll1]

Captain Initiative:
[roll2]

Morgan laughs.

"A valiant effort gentlemen! But battle is imminent, take out the guards!"

Morgan's initiative:
[roll3]

Selinia
2012-04-08, 11:59 PM
"Kill? Oh, that's... harsh. I'd really prefer not to die, thank you."

Initiative: [roll0]

Keegan__D
2012-04-10, 02:50 AM
Barnk left his backpack in his room, and hurried back on deck. When they took off, his attention was over the sides, admiring the height they gained. The Silent Wind was the first airship he had been on. He was so excited that he neglected to learn the procedure of take-off, or even look around the ship. Barnk wasn't even paying attention to his captain until he heard a shout from another ship. Without pause, the bulky hadoozee ran nimbly to the side of the ship the other would be on and readied his musket. He chose the musket, since he had just finished making it, and it had not yet seen battle.

Draken
2012-04-13, 12:36 AM
Initiative Count
Gumbo: 22
Enemy Captain: 17
Barnk: 15
Estekhet: 12
Enemy Soldiers [6]: 12
Ral'tik: 9
Connar: 3
Morgan:3

The decks of the ships are 20 feet apart, and the enemy guards are near the edge of the ship, getting ready to fire. All around you, the other crewmembers are getting ropes and hooks ready, but by the looks of it, you are the ones who will be doing the heavy lifting with the boarding this time.

Everyone can post their actions in the order you see fit, no need to wait for the other players. I will organize everything in a post describing the round.

Keegan__D
2012-04-13, 12:51 AM
Barnk looks to his captain to see the amount of force they'd be using. When the captain attacked, Barnk stood quickly and fired at a guard.
If Morgan is boarding, I'll provide cover fire and move toward a rope to cross.

Musket attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
then reload

Selinia
2012-04-13, 06:44 AM
Estekhet's tail twitched in irritation at the too-slowly closing gap. Still, fretting wouldn't ready the boarding any time sooner, so she decided to make the best of it. Letting her halberd fall back against her coils, the lillend drew the longbow slung over her back and carefully sighted an arrow plucked from a quiver at her hip. With a low exhalation, she let it fly at the nearest of the guards.

Action:
Attacking a guard (preferably the same one as Barnk).

To-Hit: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

gallagher
2012-04-13, 10:48 AM
"Ay have my knives, but i am one of ze last to get up cloze"
I fire my crossbow at the enemy captain if he is within 30 feet, if not i shoot the guy that would be directly in front of me to clear a way, then i grab a rope and near the side, but am behind the wall for cover.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + sneak attack [roll2]

"on ze ozer hand"

shugyosha
2012-04-13, 12:24 PM
Connar

"Set out the grappling lines! Ready to board!" Connar calls out.

Once the other ship is hooked Connar will help pull it. "Pull her in!"

Rizban
2012-04-17, 03:30 PM
Ral'tik assists with the hooks and lines.

Draken
2012-04-17, 06:15 PM
Unfortunatelly for Gumbo, the enemy captain is quite a ways away from him, not to mention being on higher ground relative to the decks of the two ships.

The guard he shoots, however, nearly falls down from the grievous shot, but he stands still.

The enemy captain barks orders at his crew, ordering them to unload a barrage.

Barnk and Estekhet ready their weapons to bring them against the enemy guards, but Barnk's shot ricochets off of the plate of a guard and Estekhet drops the arrow before releasing the string, being left with an arrow clattering on the floor in front of her.

Ooooh. Embarassing.

For the record, this is mostly what natural ones will be. Embarassing mishaps. Failed skill checks where ones are rolled will follow suit.

Feel free to make amusing mishaps for my own ones against you!

The six guards bring their crossbows to bear, two aim for Barnk, one for Estekhet, and one each for Connar and Ral'tik. The last one tries to find gumbo for awhile, but then turns his attention to Estekhet as well, firing at her.

Attack 1 vs Barnk: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Attack 2 vs Barnk: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Attack 1 vs Estekhet: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Attack 2 vs Estekhet: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Attack vs Connar: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]

Attack vs Ral'tik: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Ral'tik and Connar lend their strength to the rest of the crew, and soon the gangplanks are set, the ship can be boarded!

Captain Morgan sounds orders for the boarding, and four of the crewmates draw their weapons and scuttle towards the planks.

----

Round 2 go!

And don't forget to react to attacks made against you.

gallagher
2012-04-17, 06:28 PM
before i go, i need to know where the captain is relative to me, where there look like good hiding spots, and where there are doors on the enemy ship

Rizban
2012-04-17, 07:34 PM
Ral'tik leans slightly to one side, and the crossbow bolt whizzes past him to embed itself in a nearby plank. He gives it no mind.

He quickly grabs his gythka from his back and charges across the gangplanks behind the other crew members, aiming for the nearest enemy.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Draken
2012-04-17, 08:06 PM
Now. My paint skills are nonexistant. I think I will try to make a big paint grid and see what I can do with it.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee260/Draken_album/horribadships.png

Red dots = you and Morgan (the one further apart.
Yellow dots = npc crewmembers.

Blue dots = guards.

Distant blue dot = enemy captain.

Morgan and the enemy captain are at the helm of their respective ships, an area about eight feet higher than the rest of the deck.

The small squares near you are crates and ismilar things, the bigger square is the hatch that opens to the cargo hold.

shugyosha
2012-04-17, 08:23 PM
Connar

The bolt ripped right through Connar. Blood was rushing from his gut. He balled a fist and held in against the wound. He moved to the edge of his ship and fired his pistol at the nearest soldier.

Connar is down to 3 hit points.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit
[roll3] crit damage

gallagher
2012-04-17, 10:34 PM
I am going to act as if i am the farthest red dot to the right that is next to the railing, so the second from the right that isnt the captain.

"Allonz-y, i will cross when i can sneak bye. anyone who can make a good distraction should do zat

shooting another enemy, one that has not been shot yet
[roll0] for [roll1], and i do not know if them not seeing me means that i am attacking from hidden, so do i get a sneak attack? if i crit i would get a sneak attack from Telling Blow, anyway.

potential sneak attack [roll2]

for my move i move at half speed (10 feet) while i attempt to hide, and move to the other side of the right-most boarding plank, closer to the captain's side.

hide [roll3]

Selinia
2012-04-18, 05:21 PM
Giving a brief hiss of annoyance, Estekhet shoulders the useless bow, tugging her preferred weapon free of its straps to replace it. She notes a pair of guards take aim at her, but one misses cleanly, bolt slamming into the deck a few feet away while the other...

...the other guard seemed to have forgotten to load a bolt at all, though he was now scrambling to do so, turning his weapons winch frantically.

The sound of the gangplank falling into place was a welcome one though, and the serpentine woman was one of the first across the nearest one. Momentum of her charge behind her, she swings in an upward arc with her weapon at the first guard to get in her way.

Actions:
Moving across the plank to make a trip attack against the nearest guard. If that is successful, she'll make a follow-up melee attack.

Trip To-Hit: [roll0] vs Touch AC
Trip Opposed Strength Check: [roll1]

Followup Attack To-Hit: [roll2]
Followup Attack Damage: [roll3]

Keegan__D
2012-04-18, 08:53 PM
Barnk avoids one arrow and the other grazes him. Bolts hurt a lot less than I remember, he thinks, comparing them to bullets. He quickly fires off another shot and ducks to reload his rifle.

Shooting any guard that Barnk has clear line of sight to, preferring to hit one that's already damaged.
Move action to duck behind cover. If the edge of the ship guard doesn't provide that, then I'll move behind the nearest crate for total cover.

How far apart are the ships?

Draken
2012-04-22, 03:31 PM
Ships should be about 15 feet apart, and each plank is 10 feet away from the next one.

Gumbo misses the enemy guard by an inch, but is able to scuttle out of sight and closer to the gangplank.

The captain moves closer tot he railings of his raised position, shouting orders to his guards again.

Barnk fires at one of the unharmed guards as he turns to the side slightly, sending a bullet into his guts. The man falls down immediately, bleeding on the ground. He then rushes to the railings for protection.

Following suit, Estekhet slithers down the gangplank and sweeps one of the enemy guards off his footing (no roll, can't beat that), sending the man crashing onto the deck. Her follow-up attack missed by an inch, however.

The guard shot by Barnk bleeds on the ground.

The guard tripped by Estekhet pulls himself to his feet (you get an AoO Sel), while drawing his longsword, attacking the Lillend with the weapon in both hands.

The four remaining guards reload their crossbows, one aims at Estekhet while another tries to shoot Barnk, and the two others aim for Ral'tik and Connar.

Rolls!
Slash at Estekhet!
1d20+2[
Crit? 1d20+2[
Damage: [/roll]1d8+1[/roll]

Vs. Estekhet 1d20+2[
Crit? 1d20+2[
Damage: [/roll]1d8[/roll]

Vs. Barnk 1d20+2[
Crit? 1d20+2[

Vs. Connar (this man is hurt!) 1d20+2[
Crit? 1d20+2[

Vs. Ral'tik 1d20+2[
Crit? 1d20+2[

Ral'tik charges the guard who shot him... But his weapon clangs off of his armor.

Connar, in turn (if he is not taken down, that is~) shoots the guard who shot him and brings the man down to the ground, bleeding and inconscious.

Captain Morgan waves his hand at the enemy captain and releases two bolts of arcane energy that unnerringly strike him, prompting the man to scream bloody murder and witchcraft.

Magic missile!
[roll0]

Draken
2012-04-22, 03:39 PM
And failed rolls.

Rolls!
Slash at Estekhet!
[roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Vs. Estekhet [roll3]
Crit? [roll4]

Vs. Barnk [roll6]
Crit? [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

Vs. Connar (this man is hurt!) [roll9]
Crit? [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Vs. Ral'tik [roll12]
Crit? [roll13]
Damage: [roll14]

Selinia
2012-04-22, 04:27 PM
With another bottom-up slash, the lillend strikes a sharp blow against her foe while he tries to regain his footing from her initial assault. Meanwhile, the tip of her tail sweeps under the feet of her other assailant, seeking to knock him off balance and break his guard for a follow-up in the form of a whirling halberd.

AoO To-Hit: [roll0]
AoO Damage: [roll1]

Trip To-Hit: [roll2] vs Touch AC
Trip Opposed Strength Check: [roll3]

Followup Attack To-Hit: [roll4]
Followup Attack Damage: [roll5]

EDIT due to temporal AoO shenanigans.

Draken
2012-04-22, 05:48 PM
AoO response!

As the guard tries to get up, Estekhet strikes him on the side of the head with her halberd, leaving him with a crack in his skull, bleeding on the floor and breathing weakly!

This also means the guard never gets to attack her.

gallagher
2012-04-22, 07:03 PM
I pop up and spot to see if there is anywhere to hide from the enemy captain, and later pop up to try and hit a weak spot.
[roll0]

in the meantime, i attack from hiding with my hand crossbow and shoot the nearest enemy, then hide again. since i am doing the sniping immediate action, it is at a -20 penalty. afterwards, i take my grappling hook+rope out and prepare to throw it next turn

attack from hiding: [roll1] for [roll2]+[roll3] sneak attack

hide: [roll4]

Keegan__D
2012-04-23, 10:00 AM
While he's excited that his new gun fires so well, he sees Connar in nearly the same condition Barnk left his target in. Lad, ye gotta get down! he shouts as he rises up for another shot.

That is a nat 1 =D
If only he weren't distracted by a heavily-wounded crew mate.

shugyosha
2012-04-23, 10:26 AM
Connar

As the others boards other the ship, Connar's injuries makes him find cover instead and reloads his pistol.

gallagher
2012-04-23, 02:15 PM
additionally. i take out my shaker of special spices and put it in my outermost pocket. would taking two objects out take more than a move action?

Inventory that i have i have not in my packnow: kukri at my side, dagger at my side, hand crossbow out (holster on my leg), spices in my pocket, rope and grappling hook around my shoulder, and have shot 3 bolts

Rizban
2012-04-23, 07:26 PM
His opponent, apparently shocked by being attacked by a large, humanoid insect, misses horribly, his weapon swinging nowhere near Ral'tik.

Ral'tik, angry at failing to injure his target, silently full attacks the man with his weapon, extra claws, and bite.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

Rizban
2012-04-23, 07:28 PM
Rolling crit confirmation:
[roll0]
[roll1]

If he drops his target and has attacks leftover, he 5ft steps to any target he can reach and continues the attack routine.

Draken
2012-04-23, 10:50 PM
Gumbo shoots for the enemy captain!

... But the bolt ricochets off his armor.

The captain in turn ignores the failed assailant, focusing on the much more offensively successful Captain Morgan (the cheater who doesn't need an attack roll!), raising his pistol and firing at him.

Captain fight!
Attack roll: [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage! [roll2]

On the rebound comes Barnk! Who, with the momentum of his last successful shot... Shoots a passing dove! The bird falls down to the distant, distant ground bellow.

With the momentum of her near-killing blow against the guard at her... tail, Estekhet sweeps another man off of his feet and lands a terrible slash at his unprotected parts, causing the man to pass out.

The remaining two guards draw their swords and converge on Ral'tik, slashing against him with desperate ferocity.

Attack rolls!
Hit: [roll3]
Crit: [roll4]

Hit: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

Ral'tik in turn slashes precisely at the two men with the blades of his strange weapon, slashing the head off of one of the men's shoulders while tearing a bleeding gash in the flank of the other.

All guards are down, one is dead.

Connar takes cover, his wounds too severe for him to take risks.

Morgan shouts back to the enemy captain.

"Your men are out good sir, I suggest you surrender now, so that we may avoid further bloodshed."

Gritting his teeth, the enemy captain drops his pistol and rapier to the floor.

Victory!

Selinia
2012-04-24, 08:23 AM
Estekhet drops low, attempting to staunch the bleeding of the guards she had felled before they bled out entirely. She wasn't a real medic, but the lillend could hope that her instinct for treating wounds would offer some insight. She really didn't want these people to die if they didn't have to - they were just doing their job, after all.

Still, she kept an eye on the rest of the proceedings. She had not undertaken an action like this before, and was not entirely sure what came next. And Estekhet could not help but feel a dash of curiosity at Morgan's casting. She knew enough about the humanoid races to understand that talent like that was very, very rare.

If they matter, rolls to heal checks to try and help the injured guards stabilize. Can't hurt their chances, at least.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

shugyosha
2012-04-24, 09:30 AM
Connar

With the fighting stopped Connar limbs aboard the captured ship. He takes a quick survey of the area and then heads to the cargo hold to see what they caught.

gallagher
2012-04-24, 10:21 AM
Connar

With the fighting stopped Connar limbs aboard the captured ship. He takes a quick survey of the area and then heads to the cargo hold to see what they caught.
With Gumbo not far behind

Rizban
2012-04-25, 10:54 PM
Ral'tik, already on the enemy vessel and completely uninjured, approaches the enemy captain, his weapon poised to attack if necessary. He kicks the pistol and rapier away from the captain and motions for him to back up and sit down, clicking orders at him in Ral'tik's native tongue.

Draken
2012-04-26, 12:55 AM
The enemy captain can't understand Ral'tik, but sits on the floor with his legs crossed and his hands on his knees.

Estekhet manages to succesfully staunch the bleeding of the five soldiers. The head of the last one looks at her longingly. It is kinda creepy.

No, it is actually very creepy.

Four of the crewmates follow Connar and Gumbo down to the cargo hold, where they find three bags of silver, a number of gold ingots and a several other goods, between utensils, art and supplies.

Selinia
2012-04-26, 11:27 AM
The lillend shudders slightly at the macabre gaze of the corpse, but is mostly just relieved that there had only been on casualty. It'd have been sad if someone had died after the battle was already won. As it was, they'd get better. Eventually.

Estekhet was about to head below-decks to help haul up the cargo, but seeing Ral'tik had captured the captain, she decided to make a stop on the way. She wasn't quite sure what the kreen was saying (like anyone who had lived in a Gate town, she was a bit of a polyglot, but the tongue of the mantis folk had never been one she'd encountered enough to learn), and was fairly certain the captain didn't either.

"Hey there, Captain. Sorry about the ruckus, but to be perfectly fair, if you'd just let us on in the first place nobody would have gotten hurt. Not saying it's your fault, but hey, that's the way the wind blows."

She slings the halberd over her back, securing it loosely and giving the defeated commander a bit of a smile.

"The ones that still have their heads are gonna be fine, by the way. They're hurt, but stable. Why don't you come on down and show us where all the best cargo is? A ship like this is bound to have some valuables hidden out of plain sight, after all. The sooner we find it, the less time we have to spend tearing stuff up looking for it, and the quicker we're gone to let you tend to your injured."

Estekhet extends a hand to the seated man.

"So, care to help, or should I get moving and let my crewmate here keep an eye on you?"

Actions:
Diplomacy check to try and convince the captain to show us any hidden cargo: [roll0]

Draken
2012-04-26, 11:46 AM
The captain growls and sighs, she is right.

"There are no hidden compartments in the ship's hold, those things would just eat into avaiable space and add weight to the vessel. You can take the master keys, it opens my personal quarters and those of our guests, however. There should be some jewelry and money there, aong other things."

He pulls open one side of his coat, showing the key hanging from a string.

Rizban
2012-04-26, 01:08 PM
Ral'tik slashes at the string with his polearm, dragging the key toward him with it after it falls to the ground.

Once near him, he allows Estekhet to retrieve it while he keeps his weapon trained firmly on the captain.

Selinia
2012-04-26, 06:53 PM
Sighing, Estekhet gives her chitinous crewmate a sharp tsk-tsk'ing, even as she swoops down to pick up the key.

"Really now, the man is unarmed, and if he had high enough blood to be using magic, I expect he'd have been trading it with our own good captain. Let the man relax a little would you? He's had a very bad day."

With a smile, a nod, and the key in hand, the lillend heads for the lodgings of the captain and his passengers, her tail flicking up to nudge Ral'tik's weapon to the side a bit as she departs.

Keegan__D
2012-04-27, 10:15 AM
Since the others were tending to loot, Barnk took it upon himself to gather some supplies. After slinging his gun back over his shoulder, he goes into the powder room to grab a keg of gun powder and some cannon balls. Once they're on the Silent Wind, he turns around and heads to the other ship's kitchen.

Draken
2012-04-30, 12:58 AM
The captain grunts.

"At least your friend is not the sneering braggart kind of scum that you often hear about. Make haste please and lets get this whole deal over with."

Barnk finds no difficulty in hauling the supplies back, especially after two cremembers go after him to help.

Keegan__D
2012-04-30, 01:24 PM
After Barnk empties the kitchen into his seemingly bottomless stomach, he heads back to the Silent Wind. Thanks for the food and excitement, he hollars to the enemy captain.

Rizban
2012-04-30, 07:20 PM
Ral'tik contemplates stripping everyone of their possessions, shoving them off the railing, then scuttling the ship... Unless she sees movement to do such, however, he will keep his thoughts to himself.

shugyosha
2012-05-01, 10:06 AM
Connar

Grabbing the bags of silver and gold ingots he brings it up to the main deck. "Captian, we got gold and silver and some art. Don't know the quality of it. There are some supplies but not much of a haul."

He then goes off to the staterooms there he finds Estekhet with the key. "Let's go in."

Draken
2012-05-02, 11:40 AM
Estekhet and Connar (still bleeding quite a bit) find themselves in the captain's quarters, a quaint room, indeed.

Above his desk hangs a shield with two crossed rapiers behind it, all of exquisite craftsmanship. Next to his bed is a chest of drawers, and the desk has a few drawers itself.

The rooms of the two merchant families don't open quite as easily, they probably barred the doors.

gallagher
2012-05-02, 08:18 PM
Gumbo, being a man (half man) of adventure (double adventure), sees others go down to the captains quarters, and follows them enough to look. he doesnt feel like being particularly useful at the moment, though, so he stands in doorways while whistling strange tunes that he just made up

untrained Perform: Whistle check! [roll0]

shugyosha
2012-05-02, 08:53 PM
Connar

Grabbing the rapiers Connar says, "I'll take these back to the ship. See if you can get to the other rooms. I'm going to see if this captain might have something to fix me up."

search check
[roll0]

Draken
2012-05-02, 10:15 PM
Gumbo finds a copper piece lying on the floor!

----

Connar checks the drawers of the room, he finds five lesser healing motions (CL: 1), 50 gold pieces and a really nice hat.

Selinia
2012-05-03, 01:07 AM
"Heeelloooo, everyone!" Estekhet happily calls out to the closed doors.

"Now, as you are all probably aware, the ship is now under the command of dastardly swashbucklers of ill repute! I would strongly suggest taking a moment to gather up any valuables you might possess and shove them outside your door! I'd really like to respect the privacy of everyone here, so if you'd save us all the trouble of barging in and rifling through your stuff, I advise you go ahead and do so now! Don't be stingy!"

Actions:
Diplomacy Check: [roll0]

shugyosha
2012-05-03, 10:22 AM
Connar

Connar smiles broadly as he finds what he was looking for. He quaffs one potion grabs the money, and puts on the hat.

[roll0]

reminder: to add 4 heal potions to equipment

gallagher
2012-05-03, 03:32 PM
Gumbo finds a copper piece lying on the floor!

this is now my lucky copper, im keeping it separate

Draken
2012-05-03, 04:22 PM
There are a couple more things in the captain's room, but they are mostly documents, books, clothes and personal things.

There is a pause in front of the door to the merchant's room, but it opens soon enough, and a hand pushes out a gold necklace, two silver rings and a pair of gold earrings. And then quickly tries to shut the door closed.

Reflex, DC 15 if you want to try and prevent the door from closing Selinia.

The enemy captain gives Ral'tik a sideways glare.

Selinia
2012-05-03, 04:39 PM
Estekhet lazily flicks her tail around, trying to stop it from closing fully, but she makes no other move towards it.

Reflex: [roll0]

Successfully jamming the door, the lillend gives a small shrug to anyone who might be watching and carries in in the same upbeat tone.

"You sure that's everything? Absolutely positive?"

Draken
2012-05-03, 05:39 PM
The barrel of a pistol peeks from the creek of the door.

"Yes. Yes, we are sure."

That said, the weapon is trembling just a bit.

gallagher
2012-05-03, 11:32 PM
The barrel of a pistol peeks from the creek of the door.

"Yes. Yes, we are sure."

That said, the weapon is trembling just a bit.

what are the odds that i am near enough hear this and say something?

if so: prepare to shoot my hand crossbow, also prepare to yell "attaque sournoise!""Are you sure? We are looking for extra help. you would love to zee 'ow much riches a pirate can make"

if not: i change tunes to a much more jaunty tune and stroll further down, looking for a nice looking door that has not been opened. preferably a nice looking door. i also have out my hand crossbow, with thieves tools in my pocket.

Selinia
2012-05-05, 12:24 AM
"Now, now. Stop waving that around right this moment, why don't you? Nobody wants anybody to get hurt here. Especially not the fine folks who funded this expedition. That sound okay to you? It sounds okay to me. No reason to get violent when your guards are already taking their morning naps."

Action:
Sense Motive [roll0] to see whether the merchant is telling the truth about handing over all his/her valuables.

shugyosha
2012-05-05, 09:52 AM
Connar

[OOC] If he is close enough then Connar will do the following

With the muzzle pointing through a crack in the door Connar slams his full weight against it pinching the gun between the door and the door jam. If this provokes the gun to be fired that is fine with Connar. He will simply point his gun at eye level through the crack, showing that he doesn't have a fixed aim like the other and says "Drop the gun and no one will get hurt. I promise. We are pirates, not murderers."

Rizban
2012-05-20, 04:36 PM
The kreen, not really understanding the purpose of looting valuables, makes rounds to each of the captured crewmen, pointing his cruel weapon at their throats and chittering at them in his native language while disarming them of any weapons he finds. He does understand the purpose of disarming his foes.

Draken
2012-06-07, 09:58 AM
*kicks himself in the ass to move*

*hurts leg*

Gumbo and Ristelle will most likely be surprised when Connar pulls his stunt, but the man on the other side welps and drops his grip on the weapon.

"Fine! Fine, you win! Take everything! Just leave us alone!"

The door is no longer barred.

Ral'tik acquires eight crossbows, twice as many packs of bolts and eight longswords!

The rest of the crew of the Silent Wind finishes packing the valuables in the cargo hold, all that is left is for the group to finish their own dealings.

shugyosha
2012-06-07, 11:30 AM
Connar

"Thank you," he says to the passengers and picks up the dropped gun. Before leaving he adds, "As promised no one will get hurt,"

"Let's get back and see what the captain wants us to do," Connar suggests to his crew mates.

gallagher
2012-06-07, 03:17 PM
"i quite agree, it iz past time to get back to our ship. i am growing very much bored with zis one"