PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Outrider of Freedom!

Adindra
2012-03-29, 02:50 AM
my latest campaign is coming to an end and ive been looking for a new character to play when it hit me a few hours ago that i wanted to use the halfling outrider for the mount/animal companion benefits (my current character is a druid with a beefed up animal companion)

so what im trying to wrap my head around and build is a paladin of freedom/any form of way to get into beastmaster or a strong animal companion/ halfling outrider while working devoted tracker into the build somewhere :smallsmile:

(any of that is malleable all books allowed but no flaws its just what im looking to try and get to)

any advice would be amazing ive been wracking my brains for about an hour trying to figure out how to make it work :smallredface:

BerronBrightaxe
2012-03-29, 04:13 AM
my latest campaign is coming to an end and ive been looking for a new character to play when it hit me a few hours ago that i wanted to use the halfling outrider for the mount/animal companion benefits (my current character is a druid with a beefed up animal companion)

so what im trying to wrap my head around and build is a paladin of freedom/any form of way to get into beastmaster or a strong animal companion/ halfling outrider while working devoted tracker into the build somewhere :smallsmile:

(any of that is malleable all books allowed but no flaws its just what im looking to try and get to)

any advice would be amazing ive been wracking my brains for about an hour trying to figure out how to make it work :smallredface:

One of the char's in my campaign uses this kind of build, although I don't know the exact build. He's paladin/ranger with devoted tracker working towards Halfling outrider. He's trying to find a blinkdog as his animal comp/mount.
Primarily ranged with a sling with skip-rocks. Uses shield-and-sword in melee (as tank, not too much damage).
I wouldn't be surprised if he dipped in some ranged prestige class too and taking the feat 'natural bound'

Adindra
2012-03-29, 04:22 AM
my original idea was hopping on a fleshraker or something with a lance for the fun of it

a friend of mine built me a halfling outrider way back in the day but i cant for the life of me figure out how he did it so well

Coidzor
2012-03-29, 04:26 AM
So you want to Supermount (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19866958/Supermount!), eh?

Adindra
2012-03-29, 04:29 AM
So you want to Supermount (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19866958/Supermount!), eh?

yes but no dm i ever play with ever lets me use stronghearts :smallfrown:

Coidzor
2012-03-29, 04:31 AM
Strongheart Halfling really doesn't matter, sure it's an extra feat, but it's not that pivotal. In fact, the halfling part is only so that it's more convenient. The point is the mount.

Then again, if the DM doesn't allow strongheart halflings, how are you going to get a supermount past him? :smallconfused:

Adindra
2012-03-29, 04:34 AM
im usually the highest op'd in the group and ive learned when to turn it down by now :) ive run dmm persist clerics alongside monks and warmages without blowing them out of the water