PDA

View Full Version : It became fragile. It became dangerous. It became Broken.(3.5, PEACH, Feat/Item prop)

The-Mage-King
2012-03-29, 11:21 AM
The (Misc) is because I didn't have room for (Feat, Item ability).

Shatter Dweomer
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Spellcraft 12 ranks
Benefit: By expending a number of spell slots of which the combined levels are equal to the caster level of a magic weapon or piece of armor, you can overcharge it with energy, increasing its offensive or defensive qualities beyond the norm for its type, at the cost of it being destroyed.
For a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier, the weapon's enhancement bonus triples, as does the extra damage from properties such as Flaming. A suit of armor and typical shields react differently, though the enhancement bonus of either still triples. For armor or shields, abilities that grant resistance to a type of damage double in effectiveness, and any ability with a "greater" version is treated as though it were the highest level version.
At the end of this duration, the weapon, shield, or armor explodes due to the magical amlification kickstarting a feedback loop, dealing a number of d6 damage equal to twice its caster level to all creatures within a 10 foot radius. You may voluntarily end the duration as a free action.

Special: The Craft Psionic Arms and Armor feat can be used to qualify for this feat in place of Craft Magic Arms and Armor. If it is, replace the requirement of Spellcraft ranks with Psicraft ranks, and "By expending a number of spell slots of which the combined levels are equal to the caster level" with "By expending power points equal to caster or manifester level minus 1", and add a "This cost may exceed the usual limit on power points spent in a turn if it is the only ability which consumes power points used in that turn." Also add the "Psionic" tag to the feat.

New Weapon Property
Arrow Blade: This ability can only be placed on a melee weapon. When a command word is spoken, the weapon slims to a more aerodynamic shape, and its weight reduces enough to be fired from a bow. It may be used as an arrow with a longbow or greatbow of the same size category at a -2 penalty to the attack roll, and deals its own damage in addition to the normal damage for the bow being used. When used in this way, the weapon never runs the risk of being destroyed. A second command word returns the weapon to its normal form.

Moderate transmutation; CL 5; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, weapon shift; Price +1 bonus

Got bored, so I made these. Thoughts on 'em?

Steward
2012-03-29, 01:42 PM
That last thing is so damn cool. If I'm reading it right, I can buy, like, a bucket full of warhammers and start firing them off at someone like they were bullets?

Grod_The_Giant
2012-03-29, 01:54 PM
The second ability is, indeed, pretty cool, although it almost needs to be paired with Returning to be useful. As for the first... well, it's cool, but it's awfully expensive. Mostly good at higher levels when you start finding +1 weapons on slain mooks.

The-Mage-King
2012-03-29, 02:16 PM
That last thing is so damn cool. If I'm reading it right, I can buy, like, a bucket full of warhammers and start firing them off at someone like they were bullets?

The second ability is, indeed, pretty cool, although it almost needs to be paired with Returning to be useful. As for the first... well, it's cool, but it's awfully expensive. Mostly good at higher levels when you start finding +1 weapons on slain mooks.

Oorrr... It could be combined with an ability that makes temporary magic weapons for spamming both from a bow as everything explodes. :smalltongue:

Though both were intended to be of more use to Archer.

I mean archers. :smalltongue:

Bovine Colonel
2012-03-29, 04:54 PM
Perhaps there should be a way to have the explosion happen early?

The-Mage-King
2012-03-29, 05:23 PM
Perhaps there should be a way to have the explosion happen early?

Already is: "You may end the duration as a free action."

Cieyrin
2012-03-31, 02:10 PM
Oorrr... It could be combined with an ability that makes temporary magic weapons for spamming both from a bow as everything explodes. :smalltongue:

Though both were intended to be of more use to Archer.

I mean archers. :smalltongue:

I see what you did there. :smallwink:

Looks alright to me for overloading Noble Phantasms and launching them at targets, though the cost seems a bit much, especially for manifesters. Why not just the spell level to power conversion rate, i.e. 2L-1? That means it'd cost about the same for both casters and manifesters.

The-Mage-King
2012-03-31, 02:55 PM
Looks alright to me for overloading Noble Phantasms and launching them at targets, though the cost seems a bit much, especially for manifesters. Why not just the spell level to power conversion rate, i.e. 2L-1? That means it'd cost about the same for both casters and manifesters.

That is exactly what is says.

I most certainly did not forget to remove part from the first draft, which had it be twice the CL for spell slots. Nope.

DonQuixote
2012-03-31, 04:07 PM
Arrowblade scythe?

:3

The-Mage-King
2012-03-31, 04:32 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/It_100a6a_663520.jpg

Oorr... The blade changes angle from being ~90 degrees to the haft to being straight out from it, and then the size is reduced to be slightly less cumbersome.

Your pick. :smalltongue:

Siosilvar
2012-03-31, 04:33 PM
Oorr... The blade changes angle from being ~90 degrees to the haft to being straight out from it, and then the size is reduced to be slightly less cumbersome.

Your pick. :smalltongue:

Proper war scythes wouldn't have the 90 degrees problem. :smallwink:

The-Mage-King
2012-03-31, 04:38 PM
Proper war scythes wouldn't have the 90 degrees problem. :smallwink:

Point taken.

I prefer the first response, TBH. :smalltongue: