PDA

View Full Version : Orcs of the endless and unconquered Forest (OOC)



Pages : 1 [2] 3

Sutremaine
2012-10-01, 05:24 PM
I'm going to charge one of the gnolls. Which one will depend on whether or not Hassnak drops, but the rolls are the same either way.

If there's a clear path to Q17 I'll charge there and attack the gnoll at R16. If not, I'll charge to E9 and attack the gnoll at D8. I think the following accounts for all modifiers.

Attack bonus: +12, +2 (Battlesense) +2 (charge) +2 (flanking with hunter), -1 (buckler w/2H attack), -3 (Power Attack). Total: +14.

Damage: 1d6+7, +6 (PA), +1d6+4 fire (Burning Blade), -2 (Brooch of Weight). Total: 1d6+11, 1d6+4 fire.

Current AC: 14

What are your rules on Tumbling during a charge? There's provision on the Tumble skill page for moving at full speed while Tumbling, but it also says on the page that because Tumbling is part of movement it is part of a move action. And just before that it states the action type of Tumble as 'Not applicable'. I'll make the roll anyway, just so I don't have to do it later if it applies.

Rolls:

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], [roll2] fire.

If crit threat:

Confirmation: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]


Tumble check? if attacking gnoll at D8, DC15: [roll]1d20+3[/ roll]

I'm a little vague on the rules for the timing of swift actions and immediate actions, but I think once my turn is over I can use an immediate action to Aid the flanking hunter for a +2 attack roll bonus by giving up my swift action for Round 3. If so, I do that.

Sutremaine
2012-10-01, 05:25 PM
[roll0]

Forgot to fix the tags for the Tumble check.

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-01, 07:49 PM
I forgot to apply battlesense to my attack rolls.

Re'ozul
2012-10-02, 12:10 PM
@ rweird

You didn't give any game terms for Grazik's actions. I'm guessing you went somewhere into the middle and cast glitterdust on the lower left gnolls?

rweird
2012-10-02, 04:14 PM
Grazik moves to I|26 (whichever place he is he can reach it from), and casts Glitterdust on intersection R/S/17/18, Blindness DC 18 Will negates, it hits all three Gnolls in that area though it doesn't hit the hunters. They also take a -40 penalty on hide checks (no save), lasts 8 rounds (hide penalty and blindness).

You can find it right under Zalgrin's Charge.

Kantolin
2012-10-07, 08:49 PM
Woohoo, boards are back!

C'mo guys, we have some gnolls that need a'smash'n ^_^

Re'ozul
2012-10-08, 12:41 AM
I am aware, but need a message from Manonfire/Rada before I can post the resolved round:

@Rada
As Rada starts to charge Hassnak is impaled a barrage of three missiles of light. A derisive smirk forming on his face for a moment, he drops to the ground.

Mechanics terms: Mal's barrage of force arrows drops Hassnak before your initiative turn. Since you are pretty far from every other enemy, do you want to transfer your charge into something else? Like a run towards the group on the lower left?

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-09, 05:36 AM
After rereading the Scout class I see that skirmish only works on targets with 30 feet so I probably wouldn't have killed Hassnak. I think that Rada would have killed him though so correcting this would just mean moving Rada to next to where Hassnak was.

Re'ozul
2012-10-09, 07:31 AM
Not going to retcon the retcon, carry on.

Sutremaine
2012-10-09, 09:44 PM
Oh whew. I clicked on the forum link instead of hitting refresh like I have been doing, but luckily the forums have only been back up a day or two.

Edit: or not? Oh well, I'm back to the normal routine anyway.

Last edit, I swear: I'll probably just go and charge one of the gnolls in Zalgrin's group (in which case I'll just reuse the numbers from the last round). The rest of you in the south group can clear out and let Rada try to shake off her Frenzy, right? Or shall I go kiting?

Man on Fire
2012-10-10, 04:49 AM
If we'll clear the map in the next round, you guys better run.

Also- Re'ozul, remind me - did you banned tome of battle? There is a feat there that could help make Rada less of a threat to rest of the party. Taking it would probably require me weakening my character in some way (I would probably need 2 levels of fighter, which means one dead level or one of Psychic warrior, which means +0 BAB, either was severly weakining Rada) but I enjoy this game too much to let it end on tpk because I failed a will save.

If you did banned tob, then we need to get some wands with enchancment spells.

Re'ozul
2012-10-10, 05:02 AM
Eh no, Tome of Battle in fact is very much allowed and I am very fond of it.

Sutremaine
2012-10-10, 02:04 PM
I'm gonna go play whack-a-gnoll. Somebody yell at the hunters to Withdraw behind the southern hut. If both gnolls next to Zalgrin are dead then I guess I'll just stay where I am. How does resolution of the round's actions work wit such different potential actions?

Attack either C25 or D25, whichever looks more wounded: [roll0] (3 more PA, assumes other modifiers as previous round)
Damage: [roll1] (6 more damage)
AC: 14

Re'ozul
2012-10-10, 02:28 PM
Well, you can give me primary and secondary options if you want. I'll have you act based on what has happened once your initiative comes up while I am resolving the round of combat.

Sutremaine
2012-10-10, 02:32 PM
And then I type out the appropriate chunk of text?

Re'ozul
2012-10-11, 12:31 PM
Or you can post both and then delete the text partaining to one choice. Or simply write your main choice and I tell you if its no longer possible once your initiative comes up.

Sutremaine
2012-10-11, 01:16 PM
I started on the post before I saw that reply, so this time it's written open-ended like the previous round's post.

Re'ozul
2012-10-12, 06:03 AM
By the time we get to Gell, only one gnoll is still standing. One in the southern group.

a) Does Gell atack that one instead?
b) If he does, Rada needs to give me a save to snap out of it as that one will die.

Winds
2012-10-12, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I'll go for it. If the hunters move away as ordered, Gell should be able to deal with at least one round. Should I change the IC post to reflect it?

Man on Fire
2012-10-13, 05:29 AM
Okay then, let me roll Will Save [roll0]

Re'ozul
2012-10-13, 07:36 AM
Yikes, I get the feeling we are gonna up the percentage of friendly fire casualties somewhat now.

Winds
2012-10-13, 10:06 AM
Okay, Gell's actions, with roll results copied from the IC post:

Move: 15 feet west, ending at N:18

Free action: Create airblade arrow

Nonaction: Spot check remaining gnoll
(1d20+17)[33]

Standard action: Attack gnoll

Attack roll: (1d20+19)[21]

Damage roll: (1d4+4)[8]

Skirmish: (2d6)[7]

Sutremaine
2012-10-13, 01:08 PM
Yikes, I get the feeling we are gonna up the percentage of friendly fire casualties somewhat now.
Those hunters at the south should be fine as long as they get a turn before Rada and use it to Withdraw (I dunno if I'm close enough for them to hear me at the moment, hence the request through the link). They get one square of AoO-free movement, and they can move twice their speed. Rada can only move 2x and attack on a charge, and she can't charge directly through the hut.

Everybody else is either more than 50ft away in a straight line or can be by the time she acts.

Man on Fire
2012-10-13, 01:29 PM
Note to self: Don't take improved initiative. Ever.

Re'ozul
2012-10-13, 01:37 PM
Those hunters at the south should be fine as long as they get a turn before Rada and use it to Withdraw (I dunno if I'm close enough for them to hear me at the moment, hence the request through the link). They get one square of AoO-free movement, and they can move twice their speed. Rada can only move 2x and attack on a charge, and she can't charge directly through the hut.

Everybody else is either more than 50ft away in a straight line or can be by the time she acts.

Oh wait, is every orc on the map in the link?

Sutremaine
2012-10-13, 03:55 PM
I thought only the party was linked.

Edit: so I could pass a message to somebody within shouting distance of the hunters.

Kantolin
2012-10-13, 11:07 PM
Only the party is linked.

Winds
2012-10-14, 09:14 PM
The party plus Soruunar, I thought.

Kantolin
2012-10-14, 11:41 PM
Er, yes. ^_^

Sutremaine
2012-10-15, 09:20 AM
When'd that hunter at S25 S15 get killed? Did Rada get him, or one of the gnolls?

Edit: Can I Move to O17 and then Ready an action to Move the hell away if Rada charges me?

Re'ozul
2012-10-15, 09:49 AM
Yes you can and S15 was killed by a gnoll before even your initiative count.

Man on Fire
2012-10-16, 03:34 AM
How many rounds has Rada been in Frenzy? She entered it in her first round, so I think it's been 3 or 4, right? So wyou guys have to keep her at bay only for 3-4 more rounds.

Also, another will save to end the Frenzy [roll0].

Edit: Yeah, don't think I need to post this round, unless you want me to post entire paragraph of angry screaming.

EDIT 2:

Or Re'ozul can allow me to write some lines from Blade of Burning Vengeance, if you are into swords yelling FEEED! ME! MORE!

EDIT 3:

Thinking about it, how strongs are our two Tigers? maybe they could hold her down for those 3-4 rounds and survive? And it owuld make sense for FB to attack biggest target.

Sutremaine
2012-10-16, 11:22 AM
We're in Round 4 at the moment. The tigers between them probably have a pretty good Grapple check, but Rada's BAB and Strength bonus make her Grapple check pretty good too. It's safer to just stay out of the way and not let her get a crack at anyone's AC.

btw, Re'ozul, if Rada attacks me next I'd like to stay within 10ft of her during the escape movement. I have an ability that can knock creatures prone, but here it needs to be the first action in the round just in case it doesn't work.

Re'ozul
2012-10-16, 12:12 PM
Sure, write what you think is applicable.

Can do Sutremaine.

rweird
2012-10-16, 02:08 PM
From what I can tell, if you all get out of sight excepts for me, she'll have to try to jump 20 ft. in the air in full plate to get me or Zalgrin (DC 40+) while I have a bunch of healing belts to heal any damage we take if we take any (unlikely). I have 5 rounds left of flight so her rage should expire before my flight does. Next round I'll probably throw an Entangle on Rada or a Grease, I think I can handle it if I'm Rada's only target.

Sutremaine
2012-10-16, 03:01 PM
Guess I'll be moving in Grazik's direction if it that action is triggered.

Sutremaine
2012-10-18, 05:22 PM
Have we got everyone's actions in?

Re'ozul
2012-10-18, 05:40 PM
I think so. Things are getting a bit delayed due to this being the first week of classes. Getting back into the rhythm is hard.

Sutremaine
2012-10-18, 08:41 PM
Post-holiday fugue? I get that at work even though every day is exactly the same.

Re'ozul
2012-10-21, 08:23 AM
Okay, since I am finally back on track.

@Sutremaine
How will you move away from Rada with your prepared action? (not mechanically, but fluff wise)
running away, stepping away (effectively goading her) or trying to kite her by keeoing always the same distance as she advances on you?

Sutremaine
2012-10-21, 10:22 AM
@DM
I'm going to kite her, balancing between keeping me out of swinging range and keeping her in earthquake-stomping range.

Man on Fire
2012-10-23, 02:18 PM
Will save [roll0]

Only two more rounds guys, don't die.

rweird
2012-10-23, 02:23 PM
Rada has a 50% chance of failing the reflex save, if Rada does, then we'll be safe this round provided nobody does anything stupid. If everyone clears the area I could throw an Entangle, though I'd hate it if Rada breaks free while someone else is trapped an hurts them.

Re'ozul
2012-10-23, 02:34 PM
In that case Man on Fire needs to make a reflex save.
Please succeed so I can have Rada maul Gell.

rweird
2012-10-23, 02:40 PM
What about the nice old man that is flying 20 ft. in the air? Don't you want a swing at him?

Sutremaine
2012-10-23, 02:55 PM
Isn't Rada's turn after Gell's? >.>

Anyway, I should be within 10ft as requested (D&D is... weird with diagonals), so if Rada doesn't go down to Grazik's spell then I'll throw out Agares' Earthshaking Step. 10ft range, targets in range fall prone if in contact with ground or wall connected to ground, DC19 Reflex negates. If she makes that save as well... I dunno yet.

Re'ozul
2012-10-23, 03:28 PM
Isn't Rada's turn after Gell's? >.>

Shhh, leave me my fantasy.

rweird
2012-10-23, 03:45 PM
Isn't Rada's turn after Gell's? >.>

Anyway, I should be within 10ft as requested (D&D is... weird with diagonals), so if Rada doesn't go down to Grazik's spell then I'll throw out Agares' Earthshaking Step. 10ft range, targets in range fall prone if in contact with ground or wall connected to ground, DC19 Reflex negates. If she makes that save as well... I dunno yet.

If she fails her save, retreat. Or you could wait and try to ground her the next round.

Sutremaine
2012-10-23, 03:52 PM
I only get it 1/5 rounds, but if Round 6 is up next then I can use Command again.

Simply moving out of the way as I have been is the simplest option, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I could be doing.

Man on Fire
2012-10-23, 04:13 PM
okay, reflex save [roll0]. That should do the work.

by the way, we probably need to clear some confusion - when I wrote Rada's backstory, I put there the line she trained under Berserkers and because Re'ozul didn't objected I assumed that some other FBs exist and are are common knowledge - which is why Rada was casually talking about getting into frenzy earlier. But seeing how the hunters are suprised by her actions I'm kinda confused if that's how it is. So, are there other berserkers among the tribe? If so, how many knows about them and if not, then who taught Rada the way to fight like that?

Man on Fire
2012-10-23, 04:15 PM
NOW, now I roll 16. Sorry guys.

Re'ozul
2012-10-23, 04:35 PM
Yes, there are other FBs, but they are generally not deployed in situations like this.
Most hunters virtually never see one go into a frenzy as the FBs are usually sent as teams of their own or solo. Groups are possible because there is magic that allows are resonance between those gifted with the pure rage - read 'need to have levels in FB' - that allows them to recognize each other even in frenzy, but its a long and reagent intensive process, hence number of FBs is kept low by availability of reagents on top of needing people with pure enough anger.

FBs are effectively heavy assault solos/teams that you send solo to disrupt minor troop movement and in teams when you need to definitely kill many things NOW.

Normal hunters only interact with FBs in either civilian life, where they are normal people, or before missions as last minute recon information givers. Rarely hunters are sent as ranged support / retrieval unit for FBs (since FBs are expensive to train and condition) so a few know what they are capable of, but for most hunters the FBs are an outside context problem especially with the decades of relative peace until now (Gnolls rarely are worth sending FBs after them, only having been 5 solo deployments and 2 team deployments ever. The team deployments being eradication missions of entire Gnoll packs that got too cocky).

Sutremaine
2012-10-23, 07:00 PM
NOW, now I roll 16. Sorry guys.
Good job you need to roll another one then...

Man on Fire
2012-10-24, 01:27 AM
Yes, there are other FBs, but they are generally not deployed in situations like this.
Most hunters virtually never see one go into a frenzy as the FBs are usually sent as teams of their own or solo. Groups are possible because there is magic that allows are resonance between those gifted with the pure rage - read 'need to have levels in FB' - that allows them to recognize each other even in frenzy, but its a long and reagent intensive process, hence number of FBs is kept low by availability of reagents on top of needing people with pure enough anger.

FBs are effectively heavy assault solos/teams that you send solo to disrupt minor troop movement and in teams when you need to definitely kill many things NOW.

Normal hunters only interact with FBs in either civilian life, where they are normal people, or before missions as last minute recon information givers. Rarely hunters are sent as ranged support / retrieval unit for FBs (since FBs are expensive to train and condition) so a few know what they are capable of, but for most hunters the FBs are an outside context problem especially with the decades of relative peace until now (Gnolls rarely are worth sending FBs after them, only having been 5 solo deployments and 2 team deployments ever. The team deployments being eradication missions of entire Gnoll packs that got too cocky).

Thanks, now I get it.

Man on Fire
2012-10-25, 04:13 PM
That other Ref save [roll0]

Man on Fire
2012-10-25, 04:16 PM
where are these rolls when I'm rolling Will?!

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-25, 04:54 PM
If you seriously injure someone Mal will start shooting at you.

Sutremaine
2012-10-25, 06:33 PM
Wow, what are the odds...

*calculates* About 50/50 on the Will rolls, and slightly less than 20% on the Reflex rolls.

Man on Fire
2012-10-26, 02:44 PM
Well, one last chance Here comes nothing [roll0].

EDIT:
It's a last round anyway isn't it?

Sutremaine
2012-10-26, 03:24 PM
You get 5 rounds of Frenzy? If so, since it activated for your Round 1 actions, it deactivates for your Round 6 actions. I think that's how the timing works.

Rage, and its attendant Con bonus, adds another two rounds of Frenzy.

Man on Fire
2012-10-26, 03:55 PM
Don't ask me, I was pretty sure it should end in this round.

Sutremaine
2012-10-29, 09:08 PM
What are we waiting for now?

Re'ozul
2012-10-30, 05:10 AM
Sorry, I was away from books.

FB says frenzy lasts 3+con rounds. Considering the bonus from rage Rada has that would be 7 correct?

Since this is round 6 or frenzying it should still be in place. It will end naturally next round at Rada's innitiative.

So, since I'll have Rada charge Gell again and 'moving carefully' is not in her current vocabulary, I need a reflex save for her to see if she faceplants at Gell's feet.

Man on Fire
2012-10-30, 07:08 AM
[roll0] hope it's not another natural 18.

EDIT:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Sutremaine
2012-10-30, 01:31 PM
Well, it wasn't an 18...



Since this is round 6 or frenzying it should still be in place. It will end naturally next round at Rada's innitiative.
At the beginning of her initiative?

Winds
2012-10-30, 02:37 PM
That means Gell's held actions will trigger...here's the list, with rolls added this time.


Move action: Move backward, away from Rada
Standard action: Fire burst arrow at Rada
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: Half of [roll1]
Ranged bullrush, with check equal to the result of the attack roll

Re'ozul
2012-10-30, 04:18 PM
Okay, I therefore need a strenght check from Rada.
For speed's sake also another Reflex save should Rada be blown back far enough to end up in the slippery area again.

Man on Fire
2012-11-01, 03:07 PM
Strength check [roll0]
Reflex save [roll1]
EDIT:
http://i.imgur.com/I3ptr.jpg

Winds
2012-11-01, 03:54 PM
Well, the bullrush worked. Better than nothing.

Sutremaine
2012-11-01, 04:46 PM
I don't think the bullrush could have failed, with that attack roll. At this point I almost expected Rada to make the Grease save...

Man on Fire
2012-11-01, 04:49 PM
Next time we're in armory I hope there's a cloak of resistance there, Rada seems to be unable to fail a save with mod above 4.

Re'ozul
2012-11-03, 06:30 AM
@ Man on Fire

Rada only took damage thrice in the combat:
9 slashing damage (Gnoll AoO)
23 force (Mal's arrow)
4 from Gell's arrow (not sure wether I defined airburst arrows as bludgeoning)

@ Smith

Sorunnar disappeared from the link at the same moment he "exploded".

Man on Fire
2012-11-03, 06:42 AM
Okay, so with DR and with 11 healed points that gives her hp at 84 now.

Also, I'm looking at my sheet right now and something strikes me as quite odd. Refreh my memory if you can - did I ever mention that I want to take flaws without taking feats for them? Because I apparently did and now I don't remember if there was a reason behind it or did I just forgot to do that, like a complete idiot?

Re'ozul
2012-11-03, 08:08 AM
Not that I remember.
Perhaps an oversight on your part?

Also, am I reading Frenzied Berserker correctly that every time you take damage at any point while not frenzying you need to make that will-save or start frenzying? (as long as you still ahve frenzies for the day of course)

Man on Fire
2012-11-03, 08:39 AM
Not that I remember.
Perhaps an oversight on your part?

Most likely. Which now is quite hialrous, considering how desperate I am to get exactly that, two feats, to not repeat situation like this one we just had again.

Excuse me, I need to bang my head at the wall a little.

Now, the question is what to do with it. I would like to avoid writing the feats on the sheet now, as they would come out of nowhere, so I see two options - letting me correct that at the nearest level up or keeping it as it is, as a consequence of my clumsines. Which one flies more with you? Because I'm ready to go with either really, at worst I'll be taught a lesson for the future.


Also, am I reading Frenzied Berserker correctly that every time you take damage at any point while not frenzying you need to make that will-save or start frenzying? (as long as you still ahve frenzies for the day of course)

No, I need to make even harder will-save. DC 30 to be precise. That's the beauty of this class i think - you play it smart or you have a big raging problem.

Of course, the fact I'm apparently incapable of playing it smart is another story altogether.

rweird
2012-11-03, 09:26 AM
I thought the Frenzy save was DC was 10+damage dealt and only if you're not in a Frenzy, though considering Rada only has one Frenzy per day, it won't matter now.

Also, your armor type now would be Heavy, not Light (You now have a full plate), and you wouldn't have the -9 penalty to AC from Rage and Frenzy.

Next time Rada Frenzy's, I think me using Blinding Spittle if she goes out of control would be good because even with my -1, I'd hit touch AC 3 on a 4, though we'd need water to un-blind her once she leaves the Frenzy.

Man on Fire
2012-11-03, 09:52 AM
Web may be a good choice too.

Sutremaine
2012-11-03, 11:44 AM
Web is ridiculously good. Even if you pass the initial Reflex save, you need a Strength or Escape Artist check of 15 to be able to move even five feet. Per round.

Also, it's dismissable at-will, which makes it particularly useful for this application. Magical flaming weapons go through it like it's not there, which may be a problem if the blade's vengeance is literally burning.

Edit: 'Course, if the spell is in play then enemies can use it too (unless Grazik is the first person ever to research it), and since it is so ridiculously good you don't need to be an Int-based caster to slap it on anybody who looks they don't use ranged attacks much.

Re'ozul
2012-11-03, 12:16 PM
I thought the Frenzy save was DC was 10+damage dealt and only if you're not in a Frenzy, though considering Rada only has one Frenzy per day, it won't matter now.

What rweird said. Though considering the average frontliner's damage output at this level and Rada's will-save it probably won't matter much.

Man on Fire
2012-11-03, 12:58 PM
What rweird said. Though considering the average frontliner's damage output at this level and Rada's will-save it probably won't matter much.

Still good to know, situation may not be that tragic.

Also, regarding my previous question - what's your decision?

rweird
2012-11-03, 01:16 PM
Web is ridiculously good. Even if you pass the initial Reflex save, you need a Strength or Escape Artist check of 15 to be able to move even five feet. Per round.

Also, it's dismissable at-will, which makes it particularly useful for this application. Magical flaming weapons go through it like it's not there, which may be a problem if the blade's vengeance is literally burning.

Edit: 'Course, if the spell is in play then enemies can use it too (unless Grazik is the first person ever to research it), and since it is so ridiculously good you don't need to be an Int-based caster to slap it on anybody who looks they don't use ranged attacks much.

The problem with Web is that it needs to have two surfaces for it to stretch between. Though Web is good, I don't know it (yet). It'll be a spell I'll try to pick up though.

Man on Fire
2012-11-03, 01:33 PM
It may work if we're in the forest.

Sutremaine
2012-11-03, 09:47 PM
There's also the Righteous Wrath feat ([Exalted], BoED), which is rather broken in the 'does not work' sense.

"You are perfectly able to deal nonlethal damage, stop your attacks to show mercy, and distinguish friend from foe even in the heat of your rage."
...You can do that anyway. Rage places restrictions on feat and skill usage, but it doesn't stop you from knowing who your opponents are. The book also predates the existence of the FB, so it can't be an oversight in the wording.

There is the automatic 1/encounter Charisma-based fear attack against Evil opponents part of the feat, which does function as intended and is a nice bonus if you're taking RW as an anti-Frenzy measure.

rweird
2012-11-04, 06:36 AM
I'm using another Healing Belt to heal Rada
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
If Rada is fully healed before the third roll, I won't use it.

Man on Fire
2012-11-04, 06:47 AM
I'm using another Healing Belt to heal Rada
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
If Rada is fully healed before the third roll, I won't use it.

First 2 will heal her up to 100 points, no reason on spending the last charge for 2 points.

rweird
2012-11-04, 07:05 AM
Okay, not spending the last charge then.

Sutremaine
2012-11-05, 06:45 AM
What the heck was under that spoiler? :smalleek:

Man on Fire
2012-11-05, 07:00 AM
That the guin doesn't run, he is charging right at us.

What?

Sutremaine
2012-11-05, 07:21 AM
I still have a bad feeling about this.

Re'ozul
2012-11-05, 03:29 PM
Okay, the giant is about 2 rounds away from entering the camp. What do you do?

Winds
2012-11-05, 05:44 PM
Since we appear to have shifted back to Diplomacy for the time being, I'm going with 'give thanks for Druids'.

In seriousness, put away the bow but remain on guard.

Kantolin
2012-11-05, 06:48 PM
I believe Kusque still has the amulet, though. ^_^

It's more handy in Kusque's hands than Smith's.

Sutremaine
2012-11-05, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty sure I gave it back as soon as we were finished so I wouldn't forget to later.

Either way, I currently have the word twister and you have the +1 NA amulet, which I'll go and write in.

rweird
2012-11-05, 09:44 PM
Still, a shame I wasted the plant growth, it won't be able to do anything now if the giant actually does attack.

Re'ozul
2012-11-06, 05:59 AM
So. are you waiting for the giant to cross through the brambles to the edge of camp?

rweird
2012-11-06, 07:32 AM
I think so. Does anyone object?

Winds
2012-11-06, 10:34 AM
No objection here.

Sutremaine
2012-11-06, 01:31 PM
Sure, I'll wait.

Man on Fire
2012-11-06, 04:48 PM
No objections from me.

also, still waiting for DMs decision regarding my screw up on building.

Re'ozul
2012-11-06, 07:06 PM
@ Man on Fire

I posted right after your question on that mistake.
I do not remember you saying something like that so your lack of feat was most likely an oversight on your part that you are allowed to rectify.

Man on Fire
2012-11-07, 04:06 AM
Okay then, gimme a moment and let me write the feats down.

Re'ozul
2012-11-07, 01:20 PM
I am unsure why you are reacting with "can we follow him" upon Sorunnar's question.

rweird
2012-11-07, 03:21 PM
I am unsure why you are reacting with "can we follow him" upon Sorunnar's question.

I think it is we want to track the sector leader you mentioned. We don't know who Krunnar is (at least I don't though it might be a brain fart for me, though i don't think he has been mentioned before Sorunnar mentioned him by asking where he is).

Re'ozul
2012-11-07, 03:32 PM
The sector-leader (or sector master) is the hunter (effectively a colonel if you were to apply rank) in charge of the sector of the circle like space between main camp and outer camps where this specific outer camp you are in is in the middle of that sector.
He was the thrid guy in the talks between Sorunnar and Hassnak.

Basically, think this image:
http://www.mathsisfun.com/geometry/images/circle-slices.gif

This particular outer camp is in the middle of the green circle curve part and each radius inwards starst at the halfway points between this outer camp and its neighbors.

Man on Fire
2012-11-07, 03:56 PM
Sorry, I tought you meant some Gnoll second-in-command or something.

rweird
2012-11-07, 04:27 PM
Did we see him when we arrived?

Sutremaine
2012-11-07, 04:46 PM
The position of sector leader was mentioned in some posts addressed to me (but Krunnar's name was never given). Just after I got to the camp, I saw him and Sorunnar and Hassnak come out of the hut after the talks, and then I was ushered into the hut where we all ended up.

I don't know if he was mentioned in anything addressed solely to any of you. I thought "sector leader" sounded familiar, but I didn't work it out until the last couple of posts here.

Kantolin
2012-11-07, 06:02 PM
He was the thrid guy in the talks between Sorunnar and Hassnak.

...oh. :smallredface: Whoops, I was confused too.

rweird
2012-11-11, 05:45 PM
Besides noticing the arrow, I noticed it had a magical aura, as if the arrow held a spell that was expended. Nothing else though.

Sutremaine
2012-11-11, 06:43 PM
About the spoilers -- I wasn't sure if 'relay[ed] the situation' was repeating what Grazik had said or copying something different from under the spoilers.



OOC, however, I think we need to have the party speak to Anders. There's plenty of hunters, and maybe Sorunnar, that can find our missing orcs. However, Anders would likely react better to our diplomats even if there is/was someone else equipped for the job.
Depending on where the gnolls are, we may be able to go beat on them and get to the human camp for nightfall. Last time were were there we didn't do any combat, so if that's a possibility tonight then it doesn't matter so much if we lose HP and spell slots to the gnolls.

Man on Fire
2012-11-12, 05:32 AM
Well, the rational choice is to split up. Sorry Re'ozul, I know GMs hate this but it's the best choice from our character's perspective.

Winds
2012-11-12, 10:26 AM
I suppose so. If it comes to a vote or whatever, I'm in favor.


ALSO: Heh, I became an Orc in the playground during this game. :smallbiggrin:

Sutremaine
2012-11-12, 01:34 PM
I think I was an Orc when I started, but now I'm a Barbarian. Oh well, maybe I can play at being one when Rada gets Inspire Frenzy. :smallbiggrin:

I was hoping to avoid splitting the party too, but in-character it's probably the most efficient way of getting things done. We shouldn't need too many at the human camp, and numbers for the gnoll camp can be made up by the hunters and Sorunnar.

Man on Fire
2012-11-12, 03:20 PM
I think I was an Orc too, now I'm an Ogre.

Kantolin
2012-11-12, 05:13 PM
I suggest against splitting up - but if time is becoming crunched, then it may be a good idea. We may need everyone for the rescue, however.

^_^ I'm then not at all sure about Sutremaine's question. It's concievable that Smith will have attempted it before, but that one's up to the DM to answer.

Re'ozul
2012-11-12, 05:29 PM
I generally go with:

"Any spell based in an item will, if activated function normal for whoever carries the item at any given moment."

So if an active item is transferred between two characters, the giver loses the effect and the reciever gains the effect, but the effect itself is not interrupted.

Sutremaine
2012-11-12, 06:13 PM
That's a pity, I was hoping I could double-dip by having somebody else use the 1/day Tongues and then using the passive bonuses myself. So that leaves a bit of a translation problem.

What time of day is it, anyway? I thought it was mid-morning.

Kantolin
2012-11-13, 12:58 AM
I'm actually alright with either decision, but it'll really boil down to Rada. :P Two people who can talk to pinkskins can be handy - especially as they're gonna ask 'where are the others', but the other side will be fairly certainly combat and will thus want a healer a lot more.

Too bad I'm not considerably higher level and would have a plane-wide collective.

Re'ozul
2012-11-13, 06:53 AM
I'd say by now its about 10am. (If you remember me giving some other time and its important to you, tell me).

Sutremaine
2012-11-13, 11:43 AM
No, I just got the impression that it was that time, and noted it as a background detail in one post. We did say we'd be back at nightfall, but under the circumstances it'd probably be a bad idea to wait until they can't see what's coming out of the forest.

Re'ozul
2012-11-15, 02:16 PM
Since I get confused by player planning, could I get a definite call on who is going where?

Man on Fire
2012-11-15, 03:13 PM
Kusque is going to human camp, everybody else chase the Gnolls.

Sutremaine
2012-11-15, 04:28 PM
Also I'd like to take a tracker NPC, both for navigation and to check out the tracks left by yesterday's / this morning's attack on the human camp. Might as well do something else while I'm there.

Winds
2012-11-17, 10:10 AM
Is there any more input needed from the players?

Sutremaine
2012-11-17, 11:54 AM
I think I've asked everything I need...

By the way, does anyone want to borrow my Ring of Protection? If I run into trouble at the human camp I'm getting out of there ASAP, so my AC shouldn't see much use anyway.

Sutremaine
2012-11-18, 09:21 AM
From the IC thread, not sure if this needs to be maintained as a spoiler.

Since Sorunnar told you that the Gnolls had attacked a camp before you made contact with Ander's and as such it is unlikely that they were one and the same.
I was under the impression that the camp the gnolls were talking about was the camp we were dealing with...

Re'ozul
2012-11-18, 09:30 AM
No spoilers necessary:

Sorunnar told you this:
"... I think we were in luck to send you to the pink-skins when we did. If the gnolls are to be believed they sent their raiding party sometime in the early morning yesterday. Considering that you were not told of it at least tells us their message system is most likely not driven by magic. Still, your next encounter with them may fall under a more suspicious light if not be outright hostile."

By the same timescale you were at Ander's camp 'yesterday evening'. And you didn't see any signs of a big fight anywhere.

rweird
2012-11-18, 10:43 AM
The Gnoll was dragging the sector leader, right?

Sutremaine
2012-11-18, 10:47 AM
"... I think we were in luck to send you to the pink-skins when we did. If the gnolls are to be believed they sent their raiding party sometime in the early morning yesterday.

By the same timescale you were at Ander's camp 'yesterday evening'.
Ah, misread it then, or my brain didn't join the dots between the days and the time of day correctly. So things aren't as bad as I thought, but it's still good to get on the humans' good side ASAP.

Re'ozul
2012-11-18, 11:41 AM
The Gnoll was dragging the sector leader, right?

You didn't see dragmarks and the prints were deeper than you'd expect from a gnoll.

rweird
2012-11-18, 11:44 AM
You didn't see dragmarks and the prints were deeper than you'd expect from a gnoll.

Okay, thanks.

I think that the Gnoll carried the leader, and now wild shaped into something that flies, probably something large so it can carry the sector leader.

rweird
2012-11-18, 11:57 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I think Re'ozul may have already seen my previous one so he might miss it if I edit it in, but how much EXP do we get from the fight with the Gnolls? I understand if we won't get it now, though what is your policy for EXP? Seeing as it is a PBP, we can't do it at the end of a session, though the end of a day also could work.

Re'ozul
2012-11-18, 01:01 PM
On Experience:

I generally try to avoid giving out XP-numbers. It tends to create a calculating approach to encounters. That and I try to make encounters not just player vs enemy but involve mitigating or escalating factors based on actions taken (involvement of environment, or in the last fight the hunters). That makes calculating XP a pain.
If you want I can give out XP, though I would be much happier with simply announcing level increases.

rweird
2012-11-18, 01:43 PM
On Experience:

I generally try to avoid giving out XP-numbers. It tends to create a calculating approach to encounters. That and I try to make encounters not just player vs enemy but involve mitigating or escalating factors based on actions taken (involvement of environment, or in the last fight the hunters). That makes calculating XP a pain.
If you want I can give out XP, though I would be much happier with simply announcing level increases.

Okay, that works too, until EXP costs or whatnot come into play, though I haven't done that yet, and don't plan on doing it. We'll deal with that if it comes up when it does.

Man on Fire
2012-11-18, 04:52 PM
announcing level ups is ok, also, Rada waits and lets the others do their job.

Sutremaine
2012-11-21, 05:53 PM
Are we done with player input at the moment?

Re'ozul
2012-11-23, 03:02 PM
On your part yes.

Unless I missed it, the tracking group hasn't yet reacted to the finding of the small footprints or commitet to a course of action.

I am waiting on them as I want to keep both parties on a roughly even timescale.

rweird
2012-11-23, 04:19 PM
Grazik will also try to figure out what the tracks are:

Knowledge (Nature): [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]

Sorry for not responding earlier, I forgot Zalgrin could actually track.

Sutremaine
2012-11-24, 02:50 PM
Doesn't lowering your Wisdom by four lose you spell slots?

Just out of curiosity, what's the timescale on level-ups? The game has been going on for months, but our characters have only been doing stuff for about twenty-four hours. It's kind of weird when you think about it...

rweird
2012-11-24, 07:35 PM
Doesn't lowering your Wisdom by four lose you spell slots?

Just out of curiosity, what's the timescale on level-ups? The game has been going on for months, but our characters have only been doing stuff for about twenty-four hours. It's kind of weird when you think about it...

No, just when I re-prepare them, though it decreases DCs (I think this is the case).

rweird
2012-11-29, 08:33 PM
I think we are going into the Glade following the scent.

Sutremaine
2012-12-01, 08:46 PM
How much of the information in the last post about the number of orcs and other forest-dwellers is general knowledge for all our characters?

Re'ozul
2012-12-04, 06:14 PM
@ Sutremaine
All of that is effectively widely known. It is publicly available. Considering your characters are the best at what they do apart from the leaders of the tribe, you all know this.

Man on Fire
2012-12-06, 04:40 PM
Re'ozul,remind me, what was the name of armor's original owner? I remember he was chief's brother and that he was exiled.

Re'ozul
2012-12-06, 05:42 PM
@ Rada

Back when you got the armor, you tried to remember anything you had heard or learned about a Black Armor-clad warrior in the clan war, but while you could remember that the brother voluntarily went into exile to pacify his brother's political opponents, you couldn't quite remember his name.

Sutremaine
2012-12-13, 01:42 PM
I'm still waiting on a reply from Anders...

It's both an IC and OOC question really. When he says 'out of the edge', I read it as going from the edge out to the camp, but that doesn't really make sense in context.

GnomeGninjas
2012-12-24, 04:09 PM
Did Mal find Kursque?

Man on Fire
2012-12-26, 07:27 AM
OOC - what should we ask the Weavers? I was thining if they can tell us eventual ways to fight the Grey or how to find a way to track it's source and get to it. Which one sounds better to you?

rweird
2012-12-26, 08:01 AM
Why not both?

Also, you don't really need to put OOC in an OOC thread, it is OOC by default.

Sutremaine
2012-12-26, 08:50 AM
Maybe you could ask them about the connection the external force has to this world. Even if it's coming from somewhere that we can't get to or affect or perceive (and maybe the weavers too), it has to enter this world at some point.

Sutremaine
2012-12-30, 01:11 PM
Okay, what's the plan for the tracking? I'd like to carry on going, and maybe the two of you could follow the giant tracks if you think it's going to lead to anything.

Re'ozul
2012-12-30, 01:24 PM
Follow or go against? Remember, it is still light out. Its going towards evening yes, but for now they are still cutting.

Sutremaine
2012-12-30, 02:00 PM
Follow them back into the forest I guess, if following them forward will lead into an area where the tracks will be lost to trampling.

Re'ozul
2012-12-30, 03:27 PM
Quick question for Grazik:

What are you doing with the circlet? (Bag, around arm, in hand, on head etc)

rweird
2012-12-30, 03:37 PM
Putting it in a pocket, if my spellcraft tells me how to use it, i'll put it on that way, unless it is where i already have a magic item.

Re'ozul
2012-12-30, 03:40 PM
Its a circlet, you are supposed to wear it on your head.

rweird
2012-12-30, 04:11 PM
In that case, i'll see if anyone else will want to wear it, i have a headband of Int already (should i do this IC).

Re'ozul
2012-12-30, 05:55 PM
you don't have to, you can decide here.

rweird
2012-12-30, 06:09 PM
Okay, anyone without a head item want the circlet?

Sutremaine
2012-12-30, 07:37 PM
I don't think anyone uses Int as a major stat besides you. I have a use for it (Naberius to make a couple of Knowledges useable as trained + Dantalion for a +8 on Knowledge checks + Int-boosting item), but I don't really need it.

rweird
2012-12-30, 08:57 PM
Then who wants the communication circlet? I can't have it, but anyone who has a free head slot could.

Winds
2013-01-01, 01:35 PM
Well, for lack of other input...

Gell could likely wear it under or over his mask. However, as it is for communication, I don't think you would necessarily need the INT boost while using it.

rweird
2013-01-01, 02:33 PM
Well, for lack of other input...

Gell could likely wear it under or over his mask. However, as it is for communication, I don't think you would necessarily need the INT boost while using it.

I might want to make knowledge checks or whatnot, i'll give it to you, switching would be confusing enough (and ambushes may happen).

Re'ozul
2013-01-01, 04:45 PM
the question was more wether you have it out or hidden as you go back through the teleporter.

rweird
2013-01-01, 04:55 PM
No, i would just hand it to Gell, though its his mask might cover it, it is his choice now.

Sutremaine
2013-01-09, 04:53 PM
Is any more player input needed at the moment?

Re'ozul
2013-01-09, 07:25 PM
Nope. I had to cram for a test exam on tuesday (still went somewhat poorly).
Originally I wanted to post afterwards, but made the mistake of having too much to eat on a still nervous stomach and paid for the rest of the day with really bad stomach cramps and nausea.

Sutremaine
2013-01-09, 08:52 PM
Oof. Hopefully you've done better than you think you did. And also that you're feeling fine again now.

Man on Fire
2013-01-10, 04:36 AM
Don't think there is any input needed from Rada now, will wait for next post.

Man on Fire
2013-01-17, 03:56 PM
My exams are starting this week, probably won't have time to post. Can you NPC my character untill I'm done with school?

Sutremaine
2013-01-23, 09:26 PM
Nice roll (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14582222&postcount=804).

So I guess we're better off heading back for the moment? Hassnak was boasting about how word would spread of how the negotiations went down, so maybe these tracks lead to the rest of Hassnak's band.

Sutremaine
2013-02-02, 10:32 PM
Can we get the group back together and go do something else? The game is losing momentum at the moment.

GnomeGninjas
2013-02-02, 10:34 PM
Can we get the group back together and go do something else? The game is losing momentum at the moment.

That sounds reasonable.

rweird
2013-02-03, 08:24 AM
I think we should get back to a single group.

Man on Fire
2013-02-12, 11:02 AM
GUYS, I"M BACK!

Just wanted to inform you about it.

Winds
2013-02-25, 12:30 PM
Leveling up is done.

rweird
2013-02-25, 03:51 PM
Level up completed.

Sutremaine
2013-02-25, 04:35 PM
Working on the level up. 'Nother level in KotSS, 3 skill points in Jump, Leap Attack for the feat. Not too much to update.

Sutremaine
2013-02-27, 10:46 PM
Now that's the kind of binding check I like to see.

Level up is mostly complete, but no updated vestiges yet.

Man on Fire
2013-02-28, 03:36 AM
Remind me, we were rolling HP's here or taking average?

GnomeGninjas
2013-02-28, 06:29 AM
i believe I'll be able to level up this afternoon.

rweird
2013-02-28, 06:56 AM
Remind me, we were rolling HP's here or taking average?

We use max HP.

Sutremaine
2013-03-04, 02:32 PM
What are we waiting for now?

GnomeGninjas
2013-03-04, 03:30 PM
I'm leveled up except for animal companion. Any suggestions for something useful?

Sutremaine
2013-03-04, 03:55 PM
Let's go pick a fight with something. Kusque's the chatterbox and Rada's the tribe heir, but everyone else has more of a combat bent. And we were getting rapid posts during the gnoll encounter...

Sutremaine
2013-03-06, 07:09 PM
Anything going on, DM?

Man on Fire
2013-03-07, 03:49 AM
I'll try to answer tomorrow.
Sorry for delay, but today I have btoh my last exam and I DM for my own group in real life, these two things ate significant amount of my time and post I want to write is very time-consuming.

Sutremaine
2013-03-07, 10:37 AM
Is it likely to have any effect on what happens early next morning? I was thinking that the rest of us could, I dunno, potter around and do whatever we do when not Being Adventurers.

Winds
2013-03-07, 03:21 PM
I would expect whatever to happen next (save for Rada's decision) would happen in the morning in any case.

rweird
2013-03-08, 06:47 AM
I'd like to get some material components and stuff for my spells, though I don't have any money, how should I deal with this?

Re'ozul
2013-03-08, 04:41 PM
Unless it is seriously expensive (10gp+) assume that you can aquire components easily via sorunnar or one of the caster congregations in the main camp. Casters tend to get together to compare new ideas and such, there are three main places evenly spaced throughout the main camp. Don't go to Sorunnar's 'school' below the main tree though. Those guys are ferociously protective of whatever they manage to get.

rweird
2013-03-08, 05:34 PM
The component I need (costing over 10 GP):
A 50-gp clear quartz gemstone (focus for Icelance so I just need one).

Also, how well known are we and how powerful compared to the average orcs?

Re'ozul
2013-03-08, 06:21 PM
You are a lot more powerful than the average adult orc.
The difference against seasoned hunters is smaller but still very much significant.
Rough comparison in terms of power and prestige (think hollywood depictions):
Normal Orc = Trained civilian
Guard = Regular Infantry
Hunter = Marine
You = Navy Seals or equivalent

EDIT: As its a focus, Sorunnar can give you one.

Man on Fire
2013-03-10, 07:48 AM
Soebody wanted to visit the armory again, right?

Re'ozul
2013-03-10, 03:26 PM
You can visit, but no more crazy magic items for you ... for now.

Man on Fire
2013-03-10, 04:02 PM
Okay. What's the best we can hope for? Something of Constitution/Wisdom +2 is off the limits?

Sutremaine
2013-03-11, 09:58 PM
I recall suggesting we go back to the armoury because that's where all the goodies are (heh), but a couple of minor items that would help us with our immediate task would be useful. Trouble is, I'm not sure what that task is. Something to help with remote viewing would be good, I guess? I'd really like to go and check out that human tower.

Edit: There are also those gnoll tracks we didn't follow because it was getting dark. If all else fails, we can spend a relaxing day beating up dogfaces.

GnomeGninjas
2013-03-12, 05:47 AM
I recall suggesting we go back to the armoury because that's where all the goodies are (heh), but a couple of minor items that would help us with our immediate task would be useful. Trouble is, I'm not sure what that task is. Something to help with remote viewing would be good, I guess? I'd really like to go and check out that human tower.

Edit: There are also those gnoll tracks we didn't follow because it was getting dark. If all else fails, we can spend a relaxing day beating up dogfaces.

I'm in favor of following the gnoll tracks.

Re'ozul
2013-03-12, 05:01 PM
Lets say you each manage to aquire one more item of a value of up to 5,000gp for whatever purpose lies ahead. (Or essentially you have a budget of 30,000gp all together but may have no more than 6 items)

Sutremaine
2013-03-12, 07:52 PM
Helm of Comprehend Languages and Read Magic? 200gp over average budget though.

Winds
2013-03-12, 08:40 PM
I'll go for a Cloak of Resistance +2 (4,000), feel free to claim your exess from 'my' portion.

Sutremaine
2013-03-12, 09:20 PM
Alright, thanks.

Man on Fire
2013-03-13, 04:11 AM
rweird, can Grazzik cast Bear's Endurance? Would you include it in your spells if Rada would ask to?

If yes, I'll go with Cloeak of Resistance +2
If not, how about Helm of Healt +2 (just lke Amulet of Healt, only in helmet form).
Both cost 4000.

Sorry if I'm pissing anyone off with this now, I really don't want this game to end on TPK.

rweird
2013-03-13, 05:45 AM
rweird, can Grazzik cast Bear's Endurance? Would you include it in your spells if Rada would ask to?

Yes, and yes, though it has a range of touch and would last around 10 minutes, so it'd be a one encounter thing.

I'm getting a Cloak of Resistance +2.

GnomeGninjas
2013-03-13, 05:50 AM
I'm not sure what item to get. Can tigers wear magic horseshoes?

Re'ozul
2013-03-13, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure what item to get. Can tigers wear magic horseshoes?

No, but you could get some form of anklets that have the same effect.

Sutremaine
2013-03-13, 01:02 PM
Sorry if I'm pissing anyone off with this now, I really don't want this game to end on TPK.
So, uh, why'd you pick the one class that has 'possibly butcher your allies' as a class feature? If you're that worried about Frenzy, just burn it off in the morning.

Re'ozul
2013-03-13, 01:49 PM
Its not really that much of a problem I think. Most of you are faster than Rada if you are running away. It might be undignified when the Benny Hill theme starts playing but it doesn't usually last long.

Man on Fire
2013-03-13, 02:23 PM
So, uh, why'd you pick the one class that has 'possibly butcher your allies' as a class feature?

Back then I wasn't visiting threads about Frenzied Berserker on 3.5 section of this forum I think this really shouldn't be as much of a problem as I made it, but each time I hear another guy going "this is living TPK" I just want to be sure.
And I enjoy roleplaying this aspect of Rada's character.

Winds
2013-03-13, 04:20 PM
If you're that worried about Frenzy, just burn it off in the morning.

Hmmm...interesting mornings in camp, then.

"Ugh. Sun in my eyes. I hate mornings...I *hate* mornings. RAAAAAAAH!"


But this whole controlling rage deal works pretty well, I think. It's more interesting as a concept to deal with a character whose rage is a double-edged sword, rather than a better way of doing what they'd do anyway.

GnomeGninjas
2013-03-13, 04:22 PM
No, but you could get some form of anklets that have the same effect.

I think I'll get Horseshoes Anklets of Speed for my tiger.

Man on Fire
2013-03-13, 04:28 PM
Hmmm...interesting mornings in camp, then.

"Ugh. Sun in my eyes. I hate mornings...I *hate* mornings. RAAAAAAAH!"

Frezny is the best cure for morning hangover.



But this whole controlling rage deal works pretty well, I think. It's more interesting as a concept to deal with a character whose rage is a double-edged sword, rather than a better way of doing what they'd do anyway.

Yeah, it really brought additional dimension to Rada's character and I like roleplay we got from it.

Sutremaine
2013-03-13, 06:17 PM
I think this really shouldn't be as much of a problem as I made it, but each time I hear another guy going "this is living TPK" I just want to be sure.
You have a move speed of 25ft and not much in the way of ranged attacks. An initial hit on a wounded ally could be nasty, but after that, Withdrawing and readied actions to move will be enough. Also, the optimisation level commonly assumed here means that the berserker can one-shot enemy and ally alike, and cannot be shut down by enemy and ally alike.

I really don't think the game we're playing here matches the 'standard' of RAW interpretation and general power level. And that's fine by me. I could RP Kusque whether he was built well or badly, but a Tippy-Wizard power level game would mean handing over the mechanics to someone else and then using said mechanics to their full potential (or else), and I'd rather not do that.

It's nice to have a mechanics-based hook for RP, because boundaries and possibilities are already there when you start playing.

Sutremaine
2013-03-15, 07:43 PM
When I get back to camp I'm going to go looking for either Mal or Gell.

Re'ozul
2013-03-16, 05:41 AM
Have you made a decision on what lead *cough*plot-hook*cough* to pursue?

rweird
2013-03-16, 06:21 AM
I don't know, I'd be fine with either, though seeing the pinkskins to stop the deforestation is in my opinion, a more worthy cause.

Man on Fire
2013-03-16, 12:41 PM
Question is - can we really do anything more about it now? The only thing that comes to mind is get the gear up and travel to their lands and appeal to the council. I say we should work on trying to unite all tribes and nations against the threats - both pinkskins and the grey - and if Gnolls get in the way..too bad for them.

Also, picking up this helmet of Health +2.

Sutremaine
2013-03-16, 01:09 PM
Okay, so what are our current leads? I see:

1. The gnoll tracks, and the phase organs.
1b?. The giant tracks.
2. Going to check out the human outpost ourselves, using the shield as a passkey.
3. Anders and his communication with the rest of the council, but that's really more his plot hook than ours. Plus, there's no change on that one for today.
4?. Something about an evil book. That part of the armoury trip was in spoilers and I haven't read it.

I wonder if there's some way to slow the pace of the tree felling without looking suspicious.

Man on Fire
2013-03-16, 01:38 PM
And we can always go to some other group - Goblins for example - seeking aid with the problem. If not, I say that going to human outpost would be the best choice.

GnomeGninjas
2013-03-16, 04:48 PM
And we can always go to some other group - Goblins for example - seeking aid with the problem. If not, I say that going to human outpost would be the best choice.

I agree with this.

Sutremaine
2013-03-17, 08:23 AM
Also agreed. Let's go get some allies.

Winds
2013-03-17, 08:42 AM
Okay. Of the allies we have, I think we should start with the elves. We have the plot hook of their failure/refusal to meet to follow up on.

Re'ozul
2013-03-19, 02:16 PM
Ummm, are you waiting on me?
You going to look for the elves?
If you are then the following knowledge is necessary.

Even with mounts and considering you are somewhat faster than the average orc, Hex-rock (the usual meeting place) is 6-8 hours out to the west-northwest.

GnomeGninjas
2013-03-19, 02:27 PM
I think meeting with the elves would be worth it.

Re'ozul
2013-03-19, 02:34 PM
Keep in mind, the thing was they didn't show up the last few times. And there isn't much to go on where they live. Theory is close to the forest center, but they are not sure. You could look for clues though.

Man on Fire
2013-03-19, 03:45 PM
We should report to Sorunnar before going, just in case something goes wrong

Sutremaine
2013-03-19, 04:06 PM
Sure, we can go look. We've got good trackers, haven't we?

Sutremaine
2013-03-20, 10:18 PM
Are we finished with the conversation between Kusque, Grazik, and Rada? I'm ready to head out any time, I'm just a little distracted at the moment. Spring is springing with or without me, and I've got stuff to read up on and stuff to do (http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg031424302405.html?6).

Man on Fire
2013-03-21, 04:25 AM
I think we finished, unsless you have anything to add.

Sutremaine
2013-03-21, 07:40 AM
I don't think there's anything more.

rweird
2013-03-24, 04:13 PM
Have I met with any elves previously? If so, we could try scrying (though I don't have it prepared).

Re'ozul
2013-03-24, 04:49 PM
The elves are very private.
Its one of the reasons they meet at hex-rock. They are somewhat xenophobic, though only in a sense of not being able to stomach being around many beings of other races at the same time, its an actual physical reaction.
At the same time, they have many protection against scrying in place, though those could be overcome. Yet they treat such an attempt as a breach of trust and an colossal insult.

So unless they actually are in dire straits, the attempts could easily do more harm than good. It's the reason, Sorunnar hasn't tried yet.

Re'ozul
2013-04-14, 01:16 PM
OKay, since I haven't yet seen a definite decision on what to and its been a while...

Roll-Call: Who is still here?

Unless I am a clueless idiot and there was a decision in the last few posts that I missed, in which case: Who are you going after?

rweird
2013-04-14, 01:17 PM
OKay, since I haven't yet seen a definite decision on what to and its been a while...

Roll-Call: Who is still here?

Unless I am a clueless idiot and there was a decision in the last few posts that I missed, in which case: Who are you going after?

I'm still here. I think the that we are going towards the elven meeting place to try to track them, not quite sure.

Re'ozul
2013-04-14, 01:28 PM
I was thinking that too, but then it was said that the goblins might be a better option and someone mentioned the giant tracks, so I am not sure if there is a consensus.

GnomeGninjas
2013-04-14, 01:28 PM
I'm still here.

Man on Fire
2013-04-14, 05:03 PM
I'm still here. I say we can start with Elves, if we'll find nothing, we'll try Goblins then.

Winds
2013-04-14, 05:08 PM
Still here.

Sutremaine
2013-04-14, 08:53 PM
Still here, still spending most of the time running around in the garden (dismantling and collecting a greenhouse tomorrow, hopefully. Maybe then I can try those species that grow in February and March in their native habitats and still want to do the same here despite the sunless UK winter. Damn it Pediocactus, you aren't even that interesting to look at).

Anyway, let's go check out Hex Rock.

Sutremaine
2013-04-30, 04:18 PM
I was the last person to post in the IC thread. If I post again, will I get the same response?

Man on Fire
2013-04-30, 04:49 PM
I'm till here, if anything, waiting for more roleplay.

Winds
2013-05-02, 10:03 PM
"I'd like you to catch a cabot, alive... or maybe something more substantial, if something that small isn't worth your time. No rush." Right now he wished he was a better shot with a sling, or even capable of spotting those small signs of passing life.

Cabot = little rabbity thing with a ring of fuzz around the top of its head. You're the nature guy, you'd know about them.


So, the mechanics of doing this as I'd understand them, pending approval by DM: This would be a Survival skill challenge. Foraging/hunting for food is already listed as a use for the skill, at DC of 10+2 per additional person, while limiting the forager to half speed. I'd expect this to have a higher DC than that. I would, however, argue that catching one live critter wouldn't impose a movement penalty.

Does that sound okay?

rweird
2013-05-03, 05:48 AM
Some of us also have the Profession (Hunter) skill, which also might be able to catch something. Not sure of the DC.

Sutremaine
2013-05-08, 04:51 AM
Okay, we ready to go on with the Hunter or Survival rolls or whatever?

Re'ozul
2013-05-19, 05:02 PM
Okay, finally managed to cure out my Gastritis enough that I can at least try to get back into the mindset for DMing.

You'd know that the closest Tribe of Goblins (if you can call it that with the strange chaotic way of management they tend to have) is about thirty miles north of the main camp and based on guesstimates has about a hundred goblins. They are an offshoot of a larger grouping about 45-50 miles north northwest. No one has attempted to figure out how many of them that one contains.

The former is pretty much what the outer camps are for the tribe, a place for meetings and trade.

Man on Fire
2013-05-19, 05:58 PM
I say we go to that outer camp then.

rweird
2013-05-19, 06:05 PM
I say we go to that outer camp then.

Sounds good. I agree.

Sutremaine
2013-05-19, 06:29 PM
Seems like the more neutral ground would be good, even if it weren't considerably closer.

Quick edit: Does anyone know where Kantolin has got to?

GnomeGninjas
2013-05-20, 05:49 AM
Seems like the more neutral ground would be good, even if it weren't considerably closer.

Quick edit: Does anyone know where Kantolin has got to?
We didn't meet the pinkskins on neutral ground and it turned out all right.

Sutremaine
2013-05-20, 12:26 PM
I think we got a conversational surprise round due to the GM not expecting us to walk up and say "Hi!".