PDA

View Full Version : Orcs of the endless and unconquered Forest (OOC)



Pages : [1] 2 3

Re'ozul
2012-03-29, 12:21 PM
This being the OOC thread this is the place for any questions you might have, backstory connections you want to introduce and similar things.

It is also the place for rolling saves for things that may be thrown at you in the IC thread. Exception to this rule is if you want to write out a more elaborate reaction to the effect or visualize what happens to you, then of course its IC material.

Here now again the list of people playing:
{table=head]Player|Character
rweird|Grazik Thurmagon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=383789)
Winds|Gell Tharak (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=383812)
Man on Fire|Rada Visai (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=383796)
GnomeGninjas|Mal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=383855)
Sutremaine|Kusque (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=384039)
Kantolin|Smith (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=384404)[/table]

And one more houserule that I use:

- I don't treat skills as light-switches. They are always active unless you intentionally supress them or are distracted/threatened enough that their utilization makes no sense. To that effect things like spot/sense motive/ move silently/hide etc. are treated more as behavioral patterns.
In the afforementioned cases and times you are always treated as having rolled a zero on a d20 so you always utilize these skills to the effect of your modifier. These are ingrained behaviours that you have used so often they have become your second nature.

rweird
2012-03-29, 03:41 PM
I'm fine with the skill things though by that rule, unless you have +10 or higher to listen you won't be able to make out what they are saying. I think that it would be better to be treated as taking ten for spot and listen when not actively doing so.

On another note, where is the IC?

Re'ozul
2012-03-29, 04:15 PM
Thats something I can't agree with.

You shouldn't be able to passively do better than when actively trying.
Also, don't worry about listen checks for actively talking to people and them talking back. In those cases common sense applies.

rweird
2012-03-29, 05:07 PM
Okay, I understand where your coming from. When will we start?

Man on Fire
2012-03-29, 05:39 PM
Hell yeah, I'm all boiled on this game.

Sutremaine
2012-03-29, 06:20 PM
Yup, all ready to go here as well. Not going to pick a second vestige yet though, since I don't know where we're starting.

GnomeGninjas
2012-03-29, 06:34 PM
I'm ready!

Winds
2012-03-29, 07:19 PM
I'm ready when you are.

EDIT: Actually, there is one thing I need to confirm. Are we supposed to know Common?

Kantolin
2012-03-29, 11:56 PM
I'm ready enough ^_^

Man on Fire
2012-03-30, 02:35 PM
So, where's the IC thread?

rweird
2012-03-30, 03:22 PM
We aren't supposed to know common.

Sutremaine
2012-03-30, 06:55 PM
We've got Arboreal, which is like Common for forest-dwellers.

Another question for the DM: can I change one of Agares' abilities? He gives immunity to fear and can be bound at either 7th or 5th level, and immunity to fear is a Binder class feature granted at 6th level. Between the limited number of PrCs and their requirements you have to make an effort to get out of Binder before 6th, and although Improved Binding is as much of a no-brainer feat as Natural Spell it's pretty poor design for a class feature to grant you something your base class gave you a level ago.

I was thinking immunity to poison instead.

Kantolin
2012-03-30, 09:47 PM
We aren't supposed to know common.

Whoops! I'll unselect that, then - I wrote it down more by automatic than by intent.

Re'ozul
2012-03-31, 02:14 AM
I was thinking immunity to poison instead.

That should work. He is so obsessed with truth that weapons of deceit won't work on him or his binder.

EDIT:

I am currently trying to figure out what to write in the IC opening and how to write it. Should have it up by this evening (sometime in the next 12 hours from this post).

Re'ozul
2012-03-31, 01:37 PM
IC-thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12988328#post12988328) is go.

rweird
2012-03-31, 01:46 PM
Claiming Dark Orange as my speaking color.

Winds
2012-03-31, 02:09 PM
I will use Dark Green for speech.

Sutremaine
2012-03-31, 02:19 PM
Claiming purple.

Going to bind Naberius since he's one of the ones I don't need to roll the check for so long as I use binding implements (-1 HP for +1 to binding check), and take Knowledge: History and Knowledge: Religion as trained skills.

Kantolin
2012-03-31, 03:30 PM
I'll speak in Navy blue, then.

Man on Fire
2012-03-31, 04:37 PM
I'm taking Indigo

GnomeGninjas - Did Mal took his tiger with himself? Rada would say hello to it if he would.

Sutremaine
2012-03-31, 07:42 PM
Do we have any racial issues with elves, or any non-racial ones?

Kantolin
2012-03-31, 09:53 PM
I hope it's okay if I don't put Smith - Orcish Smith, as that seems particularly redundant :P

Sutremaine
2012-04-01, 05:14 PM
Hey Man on Fire, shouldn't Rada have a higher speed than that? Depending on whether the order is Slow -> Fast Movement or Fast Movement -> Slow, her base speed should be either 25ft or 20ft.

Man on Fire
2012-04-01, 05:56 PM
y bad, I'll fix it later

Sutremaine
2012-04-02, 03:45 PM
Are we looking at something like this on the map?

http://i.imgur.com/QgQXB.png
orange blobs = moveable huts
grey blobs = stone huts
grey box = stone walls

Or is the walled area at the centre of the expanding circle of destruction?

Re'ozul
2012-04-03, 02:16 AM
Somewhat, but keep in mind the dimensions.
The half circle by now is about 15miles in radius. (The tribe didn't notice as the hunters and scouts rarely go out much further than 10 miles beyond the outer camps.

The wall isn't really that big either. It encapsules a city of about 1 mile in diameter. with about another quarter mile outside of the walls already having been filled with more buildings in usual random medieval planning style.
The center of the big stone city holds a tower that is still under construction and is made out of a material that seems to swallow light.

rweird
2012-04-03, 07:36 AM
Could we have a map of the forest, I really am having trouble figuring out where the various things are in relation to each other.

Re'ozul
2012-04-03, 09:00 AM
It looks a bit like the following. Its only a primitive map right now as I am still building the forest area and such in my mind am planning things.

http://i39.tinypic.com/11i35vb.jpg
Big Black dot: Main camp
Small black dots: Outer camp (10 miles from main camp)
yellow spots: Logging camps
Grey dots: new settlements
Red dot: main invader city with the tower.

rweird
2012-04-03, 11:51 AM
I think it would take us 5 hours 50 minutes, to get to the edge of the camp. Do we know why this wasn't detected earlier? I have no idea how you would hide a several mile across clearing.

Re'ozul
2012-04-03, 12:14 PM
Since the clan war, the forest has grown further out.
The scouts don't go towards the border much since the tribe 'knows' that there isn't anything.
All important things like other races be it enemies or friends happen towards the center of the forest. As such, the scouts only now found the invaders due to the deforestation now reaching their scouting limits towards the forest edge.

Kantolin
2012-04-04, 12:17 PM
And if that's still unclear:

It's an amulet of word twisting - magic item compendium page 71. +4 to Diplomacy / Sense Motive / Bluff / Intimidate, and 1/day you can use tongues on yourself for 50 minutes. ^_^

Sutremaine
2012-04-04, 12:34 PM
Nice passive bonuses there. I have a vestige that can do Tongues in a 30ft radius, though it's kind of a gamble. If I fail the check I can't use Bluff without incurring cumulative penalties, and even if I succeed I can't tell lies in an unfamiliar language. But it's always on and lets me speak.

How many language spells can our local friendly wizarddruid rustle up?

rweird
2012-04-04, 06:03 PM
0, I didn't take comprehend language or tongues. I can speak with animals and plants if needed though. If anyone else is good at speaking, they could be near Sutremaine's character as they do it and speak that way. Still, I think fifty minutes could be enough for us, the vestige could be sued to convince them to give us time to speak with there leaders, and we use the amulet when speaking with the leaders.

Is everyone ready for us to arrive at the pinkskin's camp?

Winds
2012-04-04, 06:49 PM
Certainly. Unless we want to spend a little more time deciding who's going to do what.

Sutremaine
2012-04-04, 07:10 PM
And we can do that while we're sneaking around the edge of the clearing, which would probably be the better time to do planning anyway.

Kantolin
2012-04-04, 10:46 PM
And we can do that while we're sneaking around the edge of the clearing

Although as a heads up, be sure Mr. Klunky in his full plate and tower shield are far, far away when any sneaking begins. ^_^



Grazik - Orc Shaman (Druid/Wizard)

...<and can you direct your message to only one person?>

While my response was yes as I think it makes sense, the actual statement on telepathy is:


When a vitalist reaches 3rd level, all willing members of his collective (including the vitalist himself) can communicate with each other telepathically, even if they do not share a common language.

So I do suppose it's open to interpretation, as it doesn't /expressly/ state that you can. Figured I'd put it here in case the DM would rather view it a different way. :smallsmile:

Playing someone who doesn't want people worrying about how hard his abilities are for him is neat. :smallbiggrin: Just keep on truckin' for the Tribe. It's fun having a dichonomy between what he's /thinking/, and how he's acting and saying. ^_^

Re'ozul
2012-04-06, 01:50 AM
Sorry for not posting yesterday, didn't feel well.

Considering your speed as a group you have two choices:

If you go straight for the edge, you'll be there by mid-afternoon.
Or you could wait and try to get there either in the evening or in the morning.
What you know:

- They start working in the morning, take a break at noon and then work until evening.

Sutremaine
2012-04-06, 06:24 AM
If we get there mid-afternoon we could watch them for a while before we rest ourselves.

GnomeGninjas
2012-04-06, 06:55 AM
I think the mid afternoon.

rweird
2012-04-06, 09:19 AM
I agree with arriving mid-afternoon.

Sutremaine
2012-04-09, 07:40 AM
Hey, could someone doublecheck my point buy please? Sheet's here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=384039), and the left-hand column is adjusted for race and for two ability raises to Charisma.

rweird
2012-04-09, 03:32 PM
You have the 40-point buy, as you should have, unless I messed something up.

Sutremaine
2012-04-11, 05:31 PM
Figured it out, apparently 12 plus 4 is not 18...

Okay, so we currently have no idea how the humans are going to react to us, though based on the results of the Knowledge checks I made we could go and talk to some elves if there are any nearby. If we did decide to go for a kidnapping attempt now, what could we do mechanically?

Winds
2012-04-11, 06:07 PM
Hurm. I don't think kidnap is a good idea yet. If we're set on it though, the best I can think of is to wait for one to get stuck and shepherd him off...still, that's very noticeable. I wouldn't want to try anything of the sort until we try the diplomacy.

Man on Fire
2012-04-11, 07:16 PM
I'm not supporting the kidnaping either, we'll have to take a risk.

EDIT: But I'm for approaching them at night, maybe even this one.

Sutremaine
2012-04-11, 07:55 PM
It's still around sunset, right? If rweird can find their front door we could come knocking there while it's still earlyish at night and make a better impression than if we came out of the woods. The Tongues ability from the amulet should last enough to let us start talking tonight.

Winds
2012-04-11, 09:01 PM
Fine by me. Has the added advantage of all the workers and most of the combat types being at the end of a long day rather than the beginning.

GnomeGninjas
2012-04-12, 06:14 AM
It's fine by me.

rweird
2012-04-12, 03:45 PM
If we want to kidnap someone, my spell Phantasmal Assailants can do 8 Dex/Wis damage per casting (disbelief negates, will half), two of them should take one of them out until we can question them. I have two prepared. I still don't want to kidnap someone because it would ruin our chance at negotiations.

GnomeGninjas, please specify if you are speaking via the link or not with "" or <>, I'm having trouble telling whether I can hear you and respond or not.

GnomeGninjas
2012-04-12, 03:57 PM
I'm always thought speaking unless I say otherwise.

Sutremaine
2012-04-12, 04:32 PM
Three players for going in now, four against kidnapping. I think it'll be fine if we start heading for the central keep.

rweird
2012-04-12, 04:52 PM
It is still several hours till sunset. (The DM said we arrived mid-afternoon, I don't think he said the sun set.)

Sutremaine
2012-04-12, 05:55 PM
You're right, I thought there'd been a timeskip.

Re'ozul
2012-04-13, 02:18 AM
Yep its now maybe 4:30pm where you are. You arrived at the scout's camp at 3 planned a bit, then slowly went to the edge and are now there.

Sutremaine
2012-04-14, 08:02 AM
Where are we on the map now?

Re'ozul
2012-04-14, 08:59 AM
you took a direct path if i remember correctly. so you are at the edge where it is closest to the tribe camps.

You hid about 50' behind the edge with one of you going bird and sitting on a tree at the very edge, so it would be like this:


http://i43.tinypic.com/bbwd4.jpg
Blue dots: pinkskins
Yellow dots: you
Pinkskin worker camp not on map due to being far off.

Sutremaine
2012-04-14, 11:16 AM
Are we in the middle of the semicircle, directly between the Chief's hut and the dark tower, or did we move south? I can't really tell.

Re'ozul
2012-04-14, 11:44 AM
added pointer:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ep575f.jpg

Sutremaine
2012-04-14, 09:14 PM
Does Rada still have her Frenzy for the day?

Re'ozul
2012-04-15, 02:11 AM
You haven't used it yet so I guess yes?

EDIT:

Okay since you seem ready to go I'll need a marching order. Any attempt of approaching your target pinkskin (or the camp as I haven't figured out which version you are attempting) with subtlety flies out of the window since well, you are riding a Landshark.

Due to this fact, any attempt at Intimidation while the Landshark is with you gains a +5 circumstance bonus.

rweird
2012-04-15, 07:31 AM
Grazik will be in the back, unless someone else wants to in which case he'll be second from the back.

Sutremaine
2012-04-15, 11:59 AM
Kusque will guard the left flank, or go in the front if nobody else wants that.

Winds
2012-04-15, 01:22 PM
If it comes to combat, Gell's going to be running back and forth. As far as our order, if we're going in at full strength, I'd think we would go horizontal line, not marching line.

rweird
2012-04-15, 03:46 PM
WE don't want combat, we are on mounts, we can quickly change our position if need be.

GnomeGninjas
2012-04-15, 07:54 PM
I'll go on the right.

Sutremaine
2012-04-16, 04:31 PM
Hey DM, can you just plonk everyone down on a map and ask them if they're fine where they are? Nobody seems to have any strong views on marching order, or even marching form.

rweird
2012-04-16, 07:34 PM
Everyone that said where they are will be there, everyone else will just be wherever. I don't think it really matters. DM, I think we're waiting for use to reach the camp.

Re'ozul
2012-04-17, 01:19 AM
Ah okay, wasn't sure and wanted to ask that just now.

Re'ozul
2012-04-18, 05:39 AM
Map will come today. Sorry for the delay. As I didn't expect you to brazenly walk into the logging camp I'll have to make sure to have the appropriate amount of stereotypes present. :smallbiggrin:

Sutremaine
2012-04-18, 10:58 AM
They're all lumberjacks, and they're okay~

rweird
2012-04-18, 07:02 PM
They're all lumberjacks, and they're okay horrible forest destroyers~

Fixed that for you.

Sutremaine
2012-04-19, 02:48 PM
As I didn't expect you to brazenly walk into the logging camp I'll have to make sure to have the appropriate amount of stereotypes present.
So... what were you expecting us to do? Can't you adapt the work you did for that into what we're doing now?

Re'ozul
2012-04-20, 01:27 PM
That actually wasn't the problem.

I had started the map but the stopped due to several factors.
Factor one was, that this week was the first week of the semester, which led to some stress. Factor two was outright laziness and indecision.
Factor three though was the big one as I have been developing a case of PVC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premature_ventricular_contraction) of the suction type. It happens every day several times a day for up to 30 minutes at a time with a regularity of 5-10 beats between instances. As such I have tried to get my mind off it as much as possible (as it seems to happen less if I don't think about it) and so I haven't been making the map and planning a lot as that kind of slow and usually relaxing work makes it all the more apparent when it happens.

Between this and the afforementioned laziness i couldn't bring myself to do it.
Don't woory about me just stopping the game with no notice, won't happen.
Though if my laziness (which I have been trying to stamp out in the last two months with a regular sleep-wake cycle and regular exercise) acts up again and I don't post for several days, send me a pm to kick my butt into gear.

In that reagrd, thanks Sutremaine.

Man on Fire
2012-04-20, 02:29 PM
I'm not really sure, but rweird, wouldn't that break our mind connection? Didn't we agreed to approach humans together, just let Kusque do all the talking?

rweird
2012-04-20, 04:19 PM
No, we have about 100 ft, your at the edge of the light, we're about 30 ft. away, if we aren't now, we can move though I think we'd still be within 100 ft. of the camp from where we are now.

Sutremaine
2012-04-20, 05:36 PM
I haven't been making the map and planning a lot as that kind of slow and usually relaxing work makes it all the more apparent when it happens.
So doing something that takes your mind off it makes it more noticeable when it does pop up? Tough break.



Though if my laziness [....] acts up again and I don't post for several days, send me a pm to kick my butt into gear.
No prob, if I can find time to post daily I can find time to light a fire under your butt. :smalltongue:

Re'ozul
2012-04-22, 10:47 AM
@ Sutremaine
Before I assume anything I'm going to ask where Kusque is on the map when he starts speaking as different actions will happen depending on that.

Sutremaine
2012-04-22, 12:25 PM
About where he is now. The map doesn't really show degrees of lighting, but I'm aiming to be just about visible. I'm still trying to not move any closer to that southernmost sentry.

Re'ozul
2012-04-23, 02:27 AM
ok that works.

Man on Fire
2012-04-23, 05:59 AM
Okay, then I'm on his right side, a little bit behind him but enough that anybody who will see him will also see me..

Sutremaine
2012-04-23, 10:28 AM
ok that works.
Ooh, cryptic...

By the way, I think I need to change my sheet. I thought Martial Study granted any manoeuvre (it says you learn one manoeuvre. The blurb for each school talk about manoeuvres but doesn't list any manoeuvres, only strikes, boosts, counters, and stances), but I just noticed there's another feat specifically for stances. Martial Study would have to exclude stances for the other feat to be useful.

The non-stance options are a light-based one that's DC9 if I can use it all, and two fire-based ones. They're not like chucking a fireball, but you did mention being careful with fire skills in your initial post, so I thought I'd ask before going with the useful options.

Re'ozul
2012-04-23, 02:11 PM
Can you tell me what maneuvers that are by name?

Also, sorry for not updating, but as the coming interactions are deeper than so far I want them to be good.
Sadly I haven't been able to actually concentrate on writing up anything and laying out conversation trees as for the last two days food decided it doesn't like my body and comes back out through the entrance about 30 minutes after going in. Coupled with some serious Stomach pains/cramps I've been dividing most of my time between bed and bath trying to ride this out.
It seems to get better now (I managed to get some warm milk with honey to stay down) but it still hurts.
So that is something else I'll be able to tell the doctor tomorrow besides the heart thing...joy.

Man on Fire
2012-04-23, 03:23 PM
Can you tell me what maneuvers that are by name?

Also, sorry for not updating, but as the coming interactions are deeper than so far I want them to be good.
Sadly I haven't been able to actually concentrate on writing up anything and laying out conversation trees as for the last two days food decided it doesn't like my body and comes back out through the entrance about 30 minutes after going in. Coupled with some serious Stomach pains/cramps I've been dividing most of my time between bed and bath trying to ride this out.
It seems to get better now (I managed to get some warm milk with honey to stay down) but it still hurts.
So that is something else I'll be able to tell the doctor tomorrow besides the heart thing...joy.

Don't worry dude. I don't know about others, but I'm okay with waiting 'till you'll feel better, take your time and tace care of yourself.

Sutremaine
2012-04-23, 03:33 PM
Blistering Flourish, Burning Blade, and Distracting Ember are all on page 52. Flame's Blessing, the stance, is on page 53. There is another boost, Wind Stride, on page 56, but that one doesn't do anything as long as I have the enhancement-bonus boots.

Don't worry about doing any major posting until you feel better.

Re'ozul
2012-04-23, 04:03 PM
Blistering Flourish: Nothing against it.
Burning Blade: A bit iffy, but since you were trained well and its target based, you can probably take it. Though some tribesmen may still look at it a bit weirded out.
Distracting Ember: Since I generall go with "Fire elementals set fire to anything they move over" (induced by too much gamers-haven actual play) this one is a no.

Flames Blessing: Since it just gives you resistance to it its fine. It would also mean that at least your comrades know that you have enough respect and power of the fire you posess that taking burning blade is less strange to them.

Wind stride: The bad luck of named bonuses. Nothing against it.

Sutremaine
2012-04-23, 04:31 PM
Cool, thanks. It's just one of those unless I take another feat or a level of Swordsage.

If the stance is okay to take I'll think about keeping it. Burning Blade and Flame's Blessing are both really tempting options.

Sutremaine
2012-04-26, 01:09 PM
There's a post up, but due to server weirdness it doesn't show up when I click the 'IC games' forum. Do you get a subscription notification? Where is the 'subscribe to thread' option, anyway?

Kantolin
2012-04-28, 12:34 AM
Sorry for not responding in a bit - I've been really sick lately.

Instead of going away, the sickness actually got worse last night, so I'm still recovering a bit before posting.

Man on Fire
2012-04-28, 05:26 AM
There's a post up, but due to server weirdness it doesn't show up when I click the 'IC games' forum. Do you get a subscription notification? Where is the 'subscribe to thread' option, anyway?

There is something strange that doesn't show posts that starts new page and those after them unless you post, I had this in this thread and had to write completely in the dark.

Sutremaine
2012-04-30, 05:19 PM
Hey DM, what books are we using exactly? Any book but not necessarily anything within a particular book?

Re'ozul
2012-05-01, 04:35 AM
You can use anything that isn't very broken. I am more concerned with party dynamic. As long as the rest of the party has nothing against it and its not stupid-broken I'll generally allow it.
Homebrew works on the same principle though I'll have to read and analyse it first.

Also I have been having horrible problems connecting to the forums, it takes a long time (30+ seconds to actually establish connection sometimes) and I get a whole lot of those internal error messages.

Re'ozul
2012-05-01, 04:37 AM
You can use anything that isn't very broken. I am more concerned with party dynamic. As long as the rest of the party has nothing against it and its not stupid-broken I'll generally allow it.
Homebrew works on the same principle though I'll have to read and analyse it first.

Also I have been having horrible problems connecting to the forums, it takes a long time (30+ seconds to actually establish connection sometimes) and I get a whole lot of those internal error messages.

Man on Fire
2012-05-01, 04:46 AM
I'm apparently not seeing posts again, posting for update.

Sutremaine
2012-05-01, 01:33 PM
Okey-dokey.


Also I have been having horrible problems connecting to the forums
Same here. I'm hoping it's because propping up the current system has come to a halt while Rich looks for a new one for the forums.

Re'ozul
2012-05-02, 09:00 AM
Okay remind me, Kusque is the only one currently able to speak humanspeak right?

Man on Fire
2012-05-02, 09:48 AM
Okay remind me, Kusque is the only one currently able to speak humanspeak right?

Yes. Kusque if fowarding us what he hears and noody else understands or knows a word in it.

Sutremaine
2012-05-02, 01:17 PM
Oh, now I stop getting thoroughly average rolls on my Diplomacy. Good job I made that Bluff check.

Re'ozul
2012-05-05, 01:46 AM
I made an IC post but it doesn't show up in the last edited column for me, so I'll post this to tell you.

Man on Fire
2012-05-07, 11:19 AM
Not sure if I get this straight - we're now waiting for your post or the "freeze" is already over and we can write normally?

Sutremaine
2012-05-07, 11:24 AM
Well, I did what I did with the offer and got a response off Anders, so I guess that's over? Anyway, it's been 48 hours since the last post, so I'm going to go poke the DM via PM.

Re'ozul
2012-05-07, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the poke, but most the delay was just normal weekend business.
Sundays I usually have family time in the morning and a live-game in the afternoon with preparation for lectures afterwards.
Mondays I have lectures from 10am to 6pm. So there could be some dealy between saturdays and mondays in the future as well.

Also, freezeframe only affects posts made immediately after it. If I don't declare it in a subsequent post, normal posting can resume.

Re'ozul
2012-05-13, 02:13 PM
Is everyone following Kusque to the tree Nurval jumped to?

Durr, I had posted this in a wrong thread.

rweird
2012-05-13, 02:36 PM
I am following him assuming I didn't see/hear anything else or Zalgrin smell it.

Man on Fire
2012-05-13, 02:51 PM
I'm doing the same.

GnomeGninjas
2012-05-13, 03:55 PM
Same. I guess.

Re'ozul
2012-05-17, 05:19 AM
As far as I know, Tongues only affects the spoken word.
It does not work on written information.

GnomeGninjas
2012-05-17, 05:37 AM
If only someone had ranks in decipher script.:smallfrown: No one ever has ranks in decipher script.

rweird
2012-05-17, 03:58 PM
Tongues (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/tongues.htm)

It says:
This spell grants the creature touched the ability to speak and understand the language of any intelligent creature

I believe you can understand written languages of intelligent creatures. I can understand what is written on this message board though it isn't spoken. It's still your ruling and this is only my view.

Sutremaine
2012-05-19, 03:23 PM
No one ever has ranks in decipher script.
Probably something to do with those secret checks. And the high DC for even the most basic message. And the existence of Comprehend Languages. And UMD, since the DC to blindly activate a wand is the same as the lowest Decipher Script DC.

At least with Forgery you can make your own.

Re'ozul
2012-05-23, 04:37 PM
Sorry about the delay. If gotten swamped with extra lectures and mixups in my schedule that have me whirling to get everything in order again.

Sutremaine
2012-05-23, 06:46 PM
It's not too bad a place to stop, with everyone going to bed for the night.

rweird
2012-05-24, 03:35 PM
I've prepared a new spell list, look at my sheet if you want to see it. I assume nothing will bug use during the night.

Re'ozul
2012-05-25, 05:30 AM
No nothing tries to get to you in the night. New post will come today or tomorrow.

Do you guys want to do something by yourselves first (buying/selling, talking to people) or do you want to reconvene when you all meet the next day?

rweird
2012-05-25, 06:30 AM
I think reconvene the next day. Personally I don't have any money so I don't have anything to do, but if someone else does, we could wait.

Man on Fire
2012-05-25, 06:51 AM
Reconvene is okay for me.

GnomeGninjas
2012-05-25, 07:18 AM
Reconvene is okay for me.

Man on Fire
2012-05-25, 07:41 AM
Reconvene is okay for me.

Stop that :smallwink:

Sutremaine
2012-05-25, 12:09 PM
Nah, I'm good to go unless we all got some virtual cash from yesterday.

Binding check for Agares, DC22: [roll0]
Binding check for Naberius, DC15: not necessary

Going to have to update a bunch of things on my sheet since I don't have Paimon.

Edit: woo, I get to keep my Bluff check!

Sutremaine
2012-05-27, 08:29 AM
Question about Agares' language ability:

True Speech: You can speak, understand, read, and write all languages spoken by creatures within 30 feet of you. To use an unfamiliar language, you must hear it spoken and see the speaker. Once you have used it, you can continue to do so for as long as your pact with Agares lasts. When speaking or writing in a language with which you are not familiar, you cannot lie.

Does this mean that a language is 'activated' once someone gets within 30ft and remains as long as Agares does even if all speakers move out of range, or that I have something like a 30ft radius emanation of True Speech? I'd expect the former, since otherwise the sentence about how long a particular language lasts would be unecessary.

Kantolin
2012-05-28, 01:33 PM
Ugh. Sorry for the abrupt silence there - giants wouldn't let me post for a healthy chunk of time. >_> Shooting a few e-mails to some mods helped fix things.

Sorry again for that. Hopefully the problem is rectified now.

However, uh... Smith probably wouldn't put up the link for a talk with the chief unless he'd been asked to do so previously. Among other things, it simply wouldn't occur to him to want to hide information from said chief. :P

Re'ozul
2012-05-29, 05:03 PM
Question about Agares' language ability:

True Speech: You can speak, understand, read, and write all languages spoken by creatures within 30 feet of you. To use an unfamiliar language, you must hear it spoken and see the speaker. Once you have used it, you can continue to do so for as long as your pact with Agares lasts. When speaking or writing in a language with which you are not familiar, you cannot lie.

Does this mean that a language is 'activated' once someone gets within 30ft and remains as long as Agares does even if all speakers move out of range, or that I have something like a 30ft radius emanation of True Speech? I'd expect the former, since otherwise the sentence about how long a particular language lasts would be unecessary.

Good question. Considering you have to rebind vestiges every day I'd say its cumulative in a day.
If at any point during one agares-binding you learn a language you keep it for that complete binding, but lose it once you either expel agares or the duration is up.

Man on Fire
2012-05-29, 05:32 PM
CP informs me there are new posts here, I'm not seeing them. Site issues again, ignore this post.

Re'ozul
2012-05-30, 10:10 AM
Yeah, sometimes the forum eats the first post on a new page and only spits it out if you post another one, so your post actually helped.

rweird
2012-06-05, 05:05 PM
Your spellcraft aid another roll didn't work.

Sutremaine
2012-06-05, 07:51 PM
Forgot to get rid of the space once I was done previewing...

Second attempt: [roll0]

rweird
2012-06-06, 06:35 AM
For a grand total of 36 on my spellcraft check!

Sutremaine
2012-06-06, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I think that'll do the trick.

rweird
2012-06-06, 07:20 PM
It was to door, it had strong Abjuration, some transmutation, a CL of 10-12, I don't know what spells they are.

Man on Fire
2012-06-11, 06:54 PM
Huuge sword and Berserker Armor, our dear DM sure knows how to please his players.

Re'ozul
2012-06-12, 03:57 AM
It fits the orc's mode of operation. Berserk is a pretty good inspiration for d&d when it comes to awesome things.

rweird
2012-06-12, 05:35 AM
I feel really stupid not preparing Identify. The sword seems good, though isn't the armor Full plate?

Re'ozul
2012-06-12, 10:26 AM
Yes it is. Its not really something you have to take. I just propped it there for fluff mostly. Hence why I asked you to give me specifics on what you are looking for.

Sutremaine
2012-06-12, 08:46 PM
Berserk is a pretty good inspiration for d&d when it comes to awesome things.
I thought of Guts' armour when I read the description, though I'm pretty vague on even the pre-Eclipse bits of the storyline.

Kantolin
2012-06-13, 01:47 PM
I'm also not really looking for anything, heh.

But if there's anything psionic therein, Smith will likely pounce on it as a curiosity.

rweird
2012-06-17, 09:07 AM
What Grazik said about the arrow is purely speculation, I'm making deduction from knowing the arrow is trying to pull something from another plane, probably the abyss, knowledge the abyss has infinite layers with different traits from each and the inference that one of these made the big pond.

Re'ozul
2012-06-17, 09:11 AM
Actually, the arrow is trying to send stuff to the abyss.

rweird
2012-06-17, 09:13 AM
I presumed it would swap things seeing as there is the Big Pond.

Re'ozul
2012-06-17, 09:22 AM
Well, what are you going to do with a perfectly half-spherical hole in the ground? A freshwater source is the best option, though with the elves suddenly not showing up the tribe'll wish they'd started a mining operation. They still might.

rweird
2012-06-17, 09:45 AM
That might be true, I made deductions, I may have made them wrong, in fact, I'm pretty sure I did now that you made various comments on this.

rweird
2012-07-06, 04:43 PM
This is slowing down. Is everyone ready to go. I am unless I find something of interest though I don't think I will. We should try to speed this up.

Man on Fire
2012-07-07, 04:14 AM
I'm ready

Just one question, to be sure - Rada's new greatsword is medium or large? Just want to be sure.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-07, 03:13 PM
If I have both of my new daggers of awesome out could I ranged full attack with out two weapon fighting? Just with making two attacks one at 5 high base attack than the other?

Sutremaine
2012-07-07, 05:12 PM
Okay, ready to head back to the entrance and out into the forest.

Re'ozul
2012-07-09, 03:06 PM
If I have both of my new daggers of awesome out could I ranged full attack with out two weapon fighting? Just with making two attacks one at 5 high base attack than the other?

Yes that is possible. Both daggers just need to hit the target during your turn.

Also, I get the feeling I may have forgotten someone or shortchanged them.
Finals are coming up and my place is a messy place full of books and paper at the moment which has resulted in me losing track of my notes for the game for the time being.

Sutremaine
2012-07-12, 10:03 AM
Also, I get the feeling I may have forgotten someone or shortchanged them.
I've got a vestige (I assume, anyway), a brooch, and whatever oddments Kusque finds on his way out.

Everyone else?

rweird
2012-07-12, 11:19 AM
I just got the armor though it is the scrolls and stuff I'm interested in.

Winds
2012-07-13, 07:30 PM
I got a some cool wondrous items that increase combat abilities and grant infinite ammo. I am well pleased.

Man on Fire
2012-07-14, 03:38 AM
Rada got Berserker Armor and cool sword. And bear signet.

Her player reports being very pleased with the first two gifts.

Sutremaine
2012-07-14, 12:57 PM
Man on Fire has made a satisfying acquisition lately. He admired a fine Armoury recently.

Sutremaine
2012-07-15, 07:54 PM
Finals are coming up and my place is a messy place full of books and paper at the moment which has resulted in me losing track of my notes for the game for the time being.
Can we carry on without the notes?

Man on Fire
2012-07-16, 02:00 AM
Dude, he has exams, let him take care of it.

Sutremaine
2012-07-16, 02:21 PM
I guess so. I was never one for revision really. :/

Re'ozul
2012-08-03, 02:41 PM
OKay, sorry for the absence guys. I only really remembered due to Sutremaine poking me today. My finals ended last thursday. Afterwards I had to drive to my parents' place as I have to house sit while they are away. We didn't have reliable internet here until monday afternoon after which I pretty much simply forgot. Well, I saw it in my favourites often enough but then I had to do something else around the house or something came up and I forgot. Will try to stop being so easily distracted.

Kantolin
2012-08-03, 03:43 PM
I think it would be best to expedite action. :smallsmile:

So, while I believe the consensus is/was to check with Sorunnar (And look into the archives), rather than fully roleplaying out that scene can we just get an explanation on what does/doesn't happen, so we can get to interacting with the pinkskins?

Sutremaine
2012-08-03, 11:59 PM
All we really need is the information in the archives. If there are any decisions we need to make about whatever information there is, we could just do it quickly in this topic instead of having our characters act it out.

rweird
2012-08-05, 01:45 PM
I agree with Kantolin and Sutremaine. I'm not sure if going after him is good though. Still, I'd be fine with waiting or going after him.

Re'ozul
2012-08-06, 12:40 PM
okay, so the decision is probably going to be:

a) Wait for Sorunnar
b) Go to the outer camp he went to.

Sutremaine
2012-08-06, 12:48 PM
I'm okay with waiting for Sorunnar.

rweird
2012-08-08, 04:08 PM
Seeing as Grazik is a shaman of the tribe and is likely to have visited the archives before, does he know anything about the traps or how to open the archives?

Re'ozul
2012-08-09, 03:58 PM
As a shaman you have the authority to be given the current opening rites to the archives. Sorunnar is paranoid enough that he only gives the full details to the apprentices and scholars currently living full-time underground in case of a sudden attack or trecherous activity.

The traps are another problem. Having run the course often in your time of apprenticeship you know the standard things to watch out for, greatly reducing the chance of you actually stepping into one if you were to descend unaided.

rweird
2012-08-09, 04:08 PM
Are all the traps magical in nature? How are they usually overcome (going around them, or is it some spell or spellcraft check to disable?) Also, are they lethal?

EDIT: Would flying get past?

Man on Fire
2012-08-10, 11:47 AM
Cannot we just ask one of the appertnices to tell this guy (I keep forgetting his name) we want to meet him?

Sutremaine
2012-08-10, 12:13 PM
Sorunnar's at one of the outer camps at the moment. I've gone off to tell him to come back ASAPso we can get some help picking through the scrolls, though that was before the part where Grazik has some access to the archives.

rweird
2012-08-10, 12:27 PM
I plan on waiting till a scribe comes out, ask him to let us in, open the archives, and I (or someone else with better charisma) will explain this to him when he returns. Does that sound okay with everyone or should we just wait for him to come back?

Sutremaine
2012-08-10, 03:02 PM
It'd probably help to get a headstart on the archives, plus we'll have some NPCs to talk to. I don't know if I have anything to do at the outer camp since all the information we need is in the central archive, but unless I get asked to stay at the outer camp for a while I'll be heading straight back to the group.

rweird
2012-08-10, 04:04 PM
Okay, Grazik will wait for an apprentice or scholar to come out and try to get his or her attention when one does.

Sutremaine
2012-08-11, 06:53 PM
When Kusque gets to Sorunnar and asks him to come back and find some scrolls about the grey (or similar things), does he need to stick around or does he just go straight back? How long is Sorunnar going to be now that he's been asked to come to the archives?

Man on Fire
2012-08-15, 02:53 PM
If I understand correctly, we all have found that "eevil" book, or only Grazik?

Sutremaine
2012-08-31, 02:53 PM
So, what's going on at the moment? I've been checking for new posts, but I hadn't realised just how many days it had been.

rweird
2012-08-31, 02:56 PM
I presume we all did, seeing as we did a combined search, that I imagine to be for one thing, calling each other over if they find something, though Grazik will show the others regardless.

Sutremaine
2012-09-16, 04:57 PM
Are we all for going to the human camp right now, following Mal?

Sutremaine
2012-09-19, 05:43 PM
You know, if we can get through the teleporter that the humans are using, we might not need magic to figure out where the grey is from the forest. If it's sunset when we leave and midday when we arrive (and no time has passed and we're on an Earth-like planet), then that tells us we've gone quite far to the west. North and south are a little trickier since they change much more slowly.

Winds
2012-09-20, 03:42 PM
However, we do have two scout/hunter types who would know the right tricks. I know Gell, at least, also has Knowledge: Geography, so that's an entirely workable idea.

Man on Fire
2012-09-21, 07:10 PM
I'll post after Smith, or info from DM if he had set up a link or not.

Re'ozul
2012-09-22, 05:32 AM
I believe something was said about establishing a link when you guys got to Sorunnar after the unfortunate outburst.
No clue on wether that still stands however.

rweird
2012-09-22, 07:25 AM
Smith is the only one that can, and to my knowledge he hasn't responded.

Kantolin
2012-09-24, 11:25 PM
Sorry about my silence, guys - I had stopped checking after the most recent pause.

Re'ozul
2012-09-25, 01:54 PM
okay, regarding Combat there are some things.

Stuff that goes in the OOC:
Critical confirms (insofar you don't write them in the attack when you make it)
Saving throws
effectively anything that is reactive.

I encourage describing things, even in combat. Be descriptive and you may find yourself with a bonus.

Funnily enough I know that there was something else but my sleepy brain just decided to empty itself.

rweird
2012-09-25, 02:19 PM
Grazik's Initiative: [roll]1d20-2]/roll] Oops, bracket faced the wrong way.
Zalgrin's Initiative: [roll0]

Can we speak before we act and when it isn't our turn?

rweird
2012-09-25, 02:20 PM
Grazik's Initiative: [roll0]

Re'ozul
2012-09-25, 02:27 PM
Yes you can, but be short and precise.

Kantolin
2012-09-25, 03:13 PM
I know when Smith is going!

Always dead last. :P

Initiative roll: [roll0]

Smith's first post (in probably every combat) will be mentally complaining that he misses being a combatant due to all this psionic crap, then being a good tribesman and helping.

rweird
2012-09-25, 03:45 PM
Kantolin: How can you get that big a penalty on initiative?

Re'ozul: Okay, is that for both before we act in combat and when it isn't our turn or just one? If it is just one, which is it?

Kantolin
2012-09-25, 03:53 PM
Kantolin: How can you get that big a penalty on initiative?

He is proficient with neither his full plate nor his tower shield. Summarily, he has that penalty on about anything physical he tries to do in them. He wears them, however, because his job has become to aid people, and thus it's more important that he remain standing than it is for him to be whacking things.

He then doesn't like it, but he never complains. Whacha gotta do.

(Although given his strength, if he puts the tower shield down it's actually manageable, should he /need/ to).

rweird
2012-09-25, 04:01 PM
He is proficient with neither his full plate nor his tower shield. Summarily, he has that penalty on about anything physical he tries to do in them. He wears them, however, because his job has become to aid people, and thus it's more important that he remain standing than it is for him to be whacking things.

He then doesn't like it, but he never complains. Whacha gotta do.

(Although given his strength, if he puts the tower shield down it's actually manageable, should he /need/ to).

Ah, forgot about the penalties for being non-proficient.

Man on Fire
2012-09-25, 04:36 PM
initiative [roll0]

Through I need to try something first. Talking is a free action, right?

Kantolin
2012-09-25, 05:02 PM
initiative [roll0]

Through I need to try something first. Talking is a free action, right?

Re'ozul said yep! So long as you are short and precise.

Man on Fire
2012-09-25, 06:08 PM
<looks at the holly Wall O'text he just wrote>
Eeeem...At least I'm precise, right?

Winds
2012-09-25, 07:16 PM
Hooray for being slow...

[roll0]

Re'ozul
2012-09-26, 12:55 AM
He is proficient with neither his full plate nor his tower shield. Summarily, he has that penalty on about anything physical he tries to do in them. He wears them, however, because his job has become to aid people, and thus it's more important that he remain standing than it is for him to be whacking things.

He then doesn't like it, but he never complains. Whacha gotta do.


Heh I was playing a Pathfinder healing cleric up until last week who had the exact same problem, only he didn't have a tower shield as, with a strenght of 8, he would have collapsed if he had tried carrying that as well.

Ok, here is the camp map, the two figures in the middle are Hassnak and Sorunnar. They are effectually in grapple.
All of you are either in or closely around the hut at (-S|-120). So tell me where you are and I will place you.
I completely forgot about coordinates when I made the map and am now too lazy to shift all of that.
Whitish guys are gnolls the ones with the colorful border are orcs.

Map:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2qmkri0.jpg

Man on Fire
2012-09-26, 05:07 AM
Can you please place Rada as close to the Hassnak and Sorunnar as possible? How about O 134?

Re'ozul
2012-09-26, 06:00 AM
I can give you -O|-129.

rweird
2012-09-26, 07:06 AM
Zalgrin (my tiger animal companion, large sized) is a -W|-114. I left him at the edge of camp.
Grazik is at -S|-119.

Winds
2012-09-26, 08:49 AM
Gell will start at -A -159.

Man on Fire
2012-09-26, 09:02 AM
I can give you -O|-129.

It will have to do.

Sutremaine
2012-09-26, 11:52 AM
All this excitement while I'm at work... Looking at the map I'm reading -S -120 as being about thirty feet away from the hut, is that right? I'll take -Q -125, which I think puts me between Rada and the -S -120 starting point.

Initiative: [roll0]

Kantolin
2012-09-26, 11:58 AM
Smith isn't quick, so he'd probably be a little closer despite it not being benificial for him. Maybe at -S | -124? If my head is on funny and that's not a reasonable spot, anywhere in the immediate area near other people is plenty. ^_^

Sutremaine
2012-09-26, 12:16 PM
Oh wait, I have a Small Earth Elemental today. I'm rather glad I wrote everything ever on my char sheet this in-game morning.

Initiative: [roll0]
Placement: 20ft south of Kusque, just beneath the ground.

It's probably not going to even surface, having 11HP, but it's on the field.

Sutremaine
2012-09-26, 12:20 PM
Of course. (http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=1047)

*ponders* Actually, while I have the elemental today, it probably isn't summoned at the moment. Kusque has been running to the outer camp and not expecting trouble, and the elemental has a 30ft range limit and a speed of 20ft. So scratch that previous initiative roll.

GnomeGninjas
2012-09-27, 05:49 AM
Initiative: [roll0] I think that my tiger uses my initiative since it is a mount.
Me and my tiger are at G -154

Re'ozul
2012-09-27, 07:51 AM
Okay, due to how far everything is zoomed out I gave you colors.

Grazik/Zalgrin: Red
Kusque: Purple (With a slightly darker halo do differentiate from Smith)
Smith: Blue
Rada: Yellow
Gell: Orange
Mal: Grey

I put everyone in the positions they asked then moved the entire thing to where the numbers may be better readable and their relevant columns/lines better identifiable.

New map:

http://i45.tinypic.com/25s06fr.jpg

Will now resolve the Gnoll surprise round and the post in IC.

rweird
2012-09-27, 02:13 PM
Why do the Gnolls get a surprise round even though I warned the us before hand and we where aware of the Gnolls? I understand that Sorunnar didn't expect it, or the guards, though we did. Do we get to act as well?

Also, who are the guards the Gnolls charged on the map and who are the Gnolls?

Sutremaine
2012-09-27, 05:41 PM
When was the warning? I must have missed it. From what I can tell of the post, the guards and we became aware of the attack at the same time, when Hassnak got hold of Sorunnar.

rweird
2012-09-27, 06:12 PM
I mean the party, Smith linked us, I conveyed my message, Rada said we should leave, and then Hassnak got hold of Sorunnar. I'm not talking about the guards not being surprised, I'm talking about the party.

Sutremaine
2012-09-27, 06:20 PM
What I'm saying is that there wasn't any indication that the guards were any less prepared than we were, since the gnolls weren't doing anything especially suspicious before they started the fight.

When you wrote the post about thinking that the gnolls were going to attack, I didn't think you meant right this second.

rweird
2012-09-27, 06:29 PM
I'm sorry for my lack of communication. I noticed (in a spoiler from the DM) them shifting after I made a spot check. I didn't know if it would be a few seconds, or a few minutes, or if they wouldn't attack at all, though I was guessing, knowing Gnolls rash behavior, soon.

Re'ozul
2012-09-28, 12:42 AM
Yes.

Grazik managed to notice them shifting, no one else did.
When linked you gave a warning. However that warning was vague and no one really acted upon it.
Smith said to wait for them to make the first move (which they do with the surprise round).
Rada turned and was ready to go, which I interpret as not being utterly ready to jump on any percieved movement on the part of the Gnolls.
As no one else posted anything, no one else gets specified counters to the surprise round.

The only one I would be willing to give an action to in this surprise round is Grazik as the actual person who noticed. So Grazik can get a round of actions based on the map I gave. Afterwards we move to Initiative and go from there.

And to the question on who is who:

whitish ones are gnolls. Green border are orcs. You guys are the colored squares as I posted. The two in the middle are Hassnak and Sorunnar.

Kantolin
2012-09-28, 03:59 AM
Sorry, I also misunderstood. I thought you meant 'As a general statement, the gnoll are unhappy with us' as well - although as I reread, it does seem more like you were warning about 'immediately/shortly'. :smallredface:

rweird
2012-09-28, 04:12 PM
Zalgrin double moves to D|42/D|43/E/42/E|43.

Grazik casts Balor Nimbus, sharing the spell with Zalgrin.

IC post upcoming.

Re'ozul
2012-09-28, 04:50 PM
Before I forget it AGAIN (as I am about to go to sleep).

Do you want to do the rounds turn by turn or go with total input?

Turn by turn:
Just walk down initiative and everyone does their thing.
Pro: Structured; little chance for mixups.
Cons: Can take a while

Total Input:
Everyone posts their projected actions for this round. Then they are resolved by inititiative.
Pro: Faster, more realistic feel.
Con: Can lead to old final fantasy problem of actions no longer being possible resulting in retconning of posts.

Considering that I tend to be the one with the greatest delay (due to timezones), it probably depends on your preferences.

Kantolin
2012-09-28, 05:01 PM
I'd prefer total input myself. This is purely for time based purposes - it may require some retconning, but otherwise any battle could take ages!

Kantolin
2012-09-28, 05:28 PM
And another quick post to make mine pop up. Spoony boards! Said post is:

I'd prefer total input myself. This is purely for time based purposes - it may require some retconning, but otherwise any battle could take ages!

Sutremaine
2012-09-28, 06:56 PM
I would prefer the 'turn by turn' approach.

Edit: I also scribbled down everyone's Initiative rolls to keep track of when I'd be up, and I think the following is correct:


Mal/mount 26
Zalgrin 21
Grazik 18
Gell 12
Kusque 9
Rada 5
Smith -6

rweird
2012-09-28, 08:14 PM
All at once, it might take more time with redoing actions that no longer are possible, though it'd be quicker than turn by turn.

EDIT: Your saying the camp is aflame is just description right, I didn't actually light something on fire?

Sutremaine
2012-09-28, 10:01 PM
I don't know if I'll be outvoted on the combat method, so I'll post my current intentions just in case things move on when I'm not here. I'm planning to move to within 30ft of Hassnak and use Command on him to get him off Sorunnar, using either the 'approach' or 'flee' (preferably 'flee') command to try and force him through someone else's AoO range. DC19 Will negates.

What timezone is everyone in, anyway? I'm in GMT (+0).

Re'ozul
2012-09-29, 12:56 AM
@ GnomeGninjas

Can you specify an endpoint for those 40feet?
Straight up north would mean your mount would take the square with the corners: P 10/Q 11

@ rweird
I said 'alight' as in 'bathed in light'. You haven't set anything on fire ... yet.

Man on Fire
2012-09-29, 01:42 AM
My computer crashed, I don't know when I'll have a chnce of posting, so allow me to write out of order now.

GnomeGninjas
2012-09-29, 06:47 AM
@ GnomeGninjas

Can you specify an endpoint for those 40feet?
Straight up north would mean your mount would take the square with the corners: P 10/Q 11

Straight up north.

Re'ozul
2012-09-29, 06:57 AM
my next update could be as late as tomorrow.
Birthday today, got a new computer. (Budget model of current generation compared to budget model of 2006 that I was running before)

rweird
2012-09-29, 07:46 AM
Happy Birthday Re'ozul!

Man on Fire: When you attack PA for 8 you would have done +16 damage not +8 because your weapon is two handed (unless you have feats/class features for a higher PA multiplier).

Everyone: We should try to get the other Orcs out of here, Rada in a frenzy can do some serious damage and we don't want anyone getting hurt, Sorunnar hopefully can get out on his own, he seems pretty confident that he'll be okay.

Man on Fire
2012-09-29, 08:04 AM
my next update could be as late as tomorrow.
Birthday today, got a new computer. (Budget model of current generation compared to budget model of 2006 that I was running before)

Happy birthday dude, best wishes :smallbiggrin:


Man on Fire: When you attack PA for 8 you would have done +16 damage not +8 because your weapon is two handed (unless you have feats/class features for a higher PA multiplier).

Oh, so combined bonus to damage would be +31, right? I'll remember that.

rweird
2012-09-29, 08:10 AM
Oh, so combined bonus to damage would be +31, right? I'll remember that.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it would be, or 31+damage dealt to you (burning retaliation).

Man on Fire
2012-09-29, 09:08 AM
Wow, it would be amazing if it wasn't for the fact that she is probably gonna eat those two poor Orc hunters nearby next round.

GnomeGninjas
2012-09-29, 11:53 AM
my next update could be as late as tomorrow.
Birthday today, got a new computer. (Budget model of current generation compared to budget model of 2006 that I was running before)

Happy birthday.

Sutremaine
2012-09-29, 11:54 AM
Only if the rest of the gnolls duck behind the huts without Rada noticing. So long as there are some enemies around (and within reasonable striking distance I guess), everyone else is safe.

I need to update my sheet for the Brooch of Weight (currently feather side active). I was planning to drop some things off back home before we went out to the human camp and then redo the whole sheet, but then we got into a fight so there went that plan.

Happy birthday Re'ozul, enjoy the new hardware..

rweird
2012-09-29, 12:04 PM
Zalgrin delays to Grazik's initiative, Grazik cast Master Air, sharing it with Zalgrin. Grazik moves to 10 ft. above Zalgrin. Zalgrin will charge the Gnoll at D|28.

Charge/Improved Grab:
Claw 1:
Damage: [roll1]
Claw 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Rake 1: roll]1d20+10
Damage:
Rake 2: roll]1d20+10 Failed rolls, redoing in next post.
Damage: [roll5]
Bite: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Improved Grab grapple check to get hold, if hit with Claw 1, 2, or bite respectively, if one succeeds, ignore the others:
Claw 1: [roll8]
Claw 2: [roll9]
Bite: [roll10]
If successful, balor nimbus deals [roll11] fire damage. Grapple deals: [roll12] non-lethal damage and is grappling with the Gnoll.

IC post upcoming.

rweird
2012-09-29, 12:06 PM
Rake 1: [roll0]
Rake 2: [roll1]

EDIT: If forgot to include the charge bonuses, and am adding them here:
Claw 1: (1d20+10)[28] 30
Damage: (1d8+7)[9]
Claw 2: (1d20+10)[15] 17
Damage: (1d8+7)[9]
Rake 1: (1d20+10)[16] 18
Damage: (1d8+3)[4]
Rake 2: Rake 2: (1d20+10)[21] 23
Damage: (1d8+3)[7]
Bite: (1d20+5)[9] 11
Damage: (2d6+3)[11]

Improved Grab grapple check to get hold, if hit with Claw 1, 2, or bite respectively, if one succeeds, ignore the others:
Claw 1: (1d20+15)[19]
Claw 2: (1d20+15)[26]
Bite: (1d20+15)[28]
If successful, balor nimbus deals (6d6)[21] fire damage. Grapple deals: (1d6+7)[8] non-lethal damage and is grappling with the Gnoll.

The results are in bold, the numbers after the to hit rolls are for the charge. Sorry for the confusion.

Sutremaine
2012-09-29, 06:54 PM
I changed my mind about hitting Hassnak. Is that okay, or do I need to stick to what I wrote originally?

By the way, how is the initiative for the gnolls and the hunters being handled?

Re'ozul
2012-09-30, 01:29 AM
I have a huge list with everyone's initiative. Every single being has its own initiative. Since I haven't yet resolved anything you can still change your action.

Sutremaine
2012-09-30, 09:15 AM
After looking at the rules and the map I don't think I can do the other action (charge and attack to the centre hut), since the corner of the hut is in the way of the most direct route and while I can charge to the square southeast of the gnoll at D26 I'm not sure if that's direct enough for a charge attack. Is it?

I'll stick to the original action since there's been enough of a holdup (sorry guys), but I think I'll try and pull Hassnak towards me so that Rada can reach him on her next turn.

Move: A41 to J32, drawing sword.
Standard: Command:(approach) on Hassnak, DC19 Will negates. Next use, Round 6.

IC post being written now.

Re'ozul
2012-09-30, 09:56 AM
Okay that leaves only Smith to define actions for this turn.

Sutremaine
2012-09-30, 10:48 AM
It occurs to me that if their plan was to get killed and spread the word that we shot first, we shouldn't be killing them.

Oh well, on with the stabbing.

Re'ozul
2012-09-30, 10:55 AM
Answer to your IC question Sutremaine:

Not sure about Sorunnar, but off the cuff I remember a guard telling Kusque the name when he told you that "the sector-leader is overseeing talks between Sorunnar and Hassnak."

Man on Fire
2012-09-30, 11:25 AM
It occurs to me that if their plan was to get killed and spread the word that we shot first, we shouldn't be killing them.

Oh well, on with the stabbing.

We will have to spread the word that they shoot first and that Rada tried to end it without bloodshed.

rweird
2012-09-30, 11:46 AM
We should try to take some of them prisoner if possible, I plan on blinding Hassnak next round with Blinding Spittle, if we take him prisoner we might be able to decrease the damage done.

Re'ozul
2012-09-30, 12:57 PM
@ Grazik

Tell me if I am missing something. You rolled for algrin's rake, though you need to start your turn grappling to use that from what I read.
Or did you mistake Rake for Rend?

EDIT: also there is no gnoll at D28, I assume you meant D26.

Further Edit: @Gell since there is no gnoll at P11 I assume you mean P13

rweird
2012-09-30, 01:14 PM
The tiger's (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/tiger.htm) pounce says "If a tiger charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks."

Yes I think I meant D|26

Re'ozul
2012-09-30, 01:37 PM
D'uh, thats selective attention for you.

also:

@ Rada
I'm gonna need a critical confirm on your first swing. You rolled a 19.

Sutremaine
2012-09-30, 02:18 PM
Okay, just wondering if we'd heard the name Hassnak IC yet.


I plan on blinding Hassnak next round with Blinding Spittle, if we take him prisoner we might be able to decrease the damage done.
He's pretty close to Rada though.

Winds
2012-09-30, 04:13 PM
Yes, that's the one I meant.

Re'ozul
2012-10-01, 09:12 AM
D'oh, here I was waiting on Rada's crit confirm.
I forgot Man on Fire's crashing probelm. Anyone want to roll that confirm?
its a 1d20+13
I'm asking you guys because I don'T want to get my awful rolling luck get all over an awesome attack.

Man on Fire
2012-10-01, 10:34 AM
Luckily I managed to get to some computer today, so
[roll0]. If crit, then dmg roll [roll1]

Sutremaine
2012-10-01, 10:38 AM
That's good timing, your post wasn't there when I was typing up the confirm roll (I was feeling lucky).

rweird
2012-10-01, 02:25 PM
Grazik moved to where Zalgrin was after he charged, sorry for not making that clear. If you don't accept that, that's fine, with a fly of 90 ft. it doesn't matter.

Spellcraft to identify the spell Sorrunar cast if he cast one: [roll0]

Zalgrin will charge Gnoll D|24, If you allow him to split his attacks, he'll attack Gnoll C|24 if he downs D|24.

Zalgrin's charge:
Claw 1: [roll]1d20+14[roll]
Damage: [roll1]
Claw 2: [roll]1d20+14[roll]
Damage: [roll2]
Bite: [roll]1d20+9[roll]
Damage: [roll3]
Rake 1: [roll]1d20+14[roll]
Damage: [roll4]
Rake 2: [roll]1d20+14[roll]
Damage: [roll5]

If claw 1, claw 2, or bite hits, he gets a grapple attempt, same as last time.
Claw 1: [roll]1d20+15[roll], hit hit is successful, [roll6] non-lethal damage.
Claw 2: [roll]1d20+15[roll], hit hit is successful, [roll7] non-lethal damage.
Bite: [roll]1d20+15[roll] hit hit is successful, [roll8] non-lethal damage.
Once Grappled once, Ignore other attempts, if he kills the person, then he'll try to kill the other if attacking him is allowed on a charge.
Balor Nimbus on first Grapple if successful: [roll9]
If Zalgrin grapples the other guy as well, [roll10] fire damage as well.

Grazik moves to I|26 (whichever place he is he can reach it from), and casts Glitterdust on intersection R/S/17/18, Blindness DC 18 Will negates, it hits all three Gnolls in that area though it doesn't hit the hunters. They also take a -40 penalty on hide checks (no save), lasts 8 rounds (hide penalty and blindness).

IC upcoming.

rweird
2012-10-01, 02:28 PM
Okay, i failed all the D20 rolls for Zalgrin's charge. Trying again, the damage is just copied from last post:
Claw 1: [roll0]
Damage: (1d8+7)[8]
Claw 2: [roll1]
Damage: (1d8+7)[14]
Bite: [roll2]
Damage: (2d6+3)[12]
Rake 1: [roll3]
Damage: (1d8+3)[5]
Rake 2: [roll4]
Damage: (1d8+3)[7]

If claw 1, claw 2, or bite hits, he gets a grapple attempt, same as last time.
Claw 1: [roll5], hit hit is successful, (1d6+7)[9] non-lethal damage.
Claw 2: [roll6], hit hit is successful, (1d6+7)[13] non-lethal damage.
Bite: [roll7] hit hit is successful, (1d6+7)[12] non-lethal damage.
Once Grappled once, Ignore other attempts, if he kills the person, then he'll try to kill the other if attacking him is allowed on a charge.
Balor Nimbus on first Grapple if successful: (6d6)[12]
If Zalgrin grapples the other guy as well, (6d6)[22] fire damage as well.

rweird
2012-10-01, 02:29 PM
Rake 2 Critical Confirmation: [roll0]
Extra Damage: [roll1]

Re'ozul
2012-10-01, 03:29 PM
@ GnomeGninja
yes you can use skirmish while mounted.
Are you shooting at Hassnak? (aka the gnoll in the middle next to Kusque)?

GnomeGninjas
2012-10-01, 04:31 PM
@ GnomeGninja
yes you can use skirmish while mounted.
Are you shooting at Hassnak? (aka the gnoll in the middle next to Kusque)?

Yes. Hassnak gonna die (well probably not).

Kantolin
2012-10-01, 04:32 PM
Looks like we're in pretty good shape right now! ^_^ So I think I'll do a relatively minor action and give everyone some damage reduction, as I am in no way close enough to get to the downed hunter and I think we're okay without further buffs right now.

....*Goes and fetches some wood with which to knock on*

Winds
2012-10-01, 04:53 PM
I forgot to factor Battlesense's plus 2 in my post. Not that it's likely to matter, on a nat 1...