PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Dragon Disciple unarmed build.

JediMimeTricks
2012-03-29, 12:58 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am looking for advice on how to build a Sorcerer/full BAB class/Dragon Disciple for the Pathfinder Kingmaker adventure path. I would like to focus on Unarmed Strikes and Natural Weapons using Multiattack.

Currently I am leaning toward A Fiendish Heritage Tiefling (+2 str, +2 cha, -2 int, 2 claw attacks) Unarmed Fighter 2/ Cross Blooded (Dragon & Pit-touched Infernal) Sorcerer 3/ Dragon Disciple X.

Tiefling would grant me claw attacks that I can use all day, with the Cha +3 uses of the Dragon Bloodline claws used to grant the bite attack that comes with it. Unarmed Fighter will be used with Multiattack to get unarmed attacks in addition to natural attacks with the natural attacks only taking a -2 to hit.

Does the playground have any further suggestions? Are there ways to get more permanent natural attacks? Would Monk be superior to Unarmed Fighter? Feats that would help unarmed or natural attack damage?

Southern Cross
2012-03-29, 01:14 PM
According to the Monk (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/monk.html#_monk) page on the Pathfinder SRD, the standard monk has a 3/4 BAB.

KutuluKultist
2012-03-29, 01:20 PM
Why are you cross-blooded, doesn't Dragon Disciple only advance dragon bloodline abilities?

You already figured out that if you want to focus on natural attacks, you need to find a way to get them all the time.

I would recommend a half-orc with the toothy alternative class feature and 2 levels of Ranger to get Aspect of the Beast (your 1st level feat) and Rending Claws (your combat style feat).

JediMimeTricks
2012-03-29, 01:30 PM
A dragon disciple adds his level to his sorcerer levels when determining the powers gained from his bloodline. ~Pathfinder SRD
I am operating under the assumption that this applies to both halves of a crossblooded sorcerer, but I can see how people could disagree.

2 Levels of Ranger with the Teifling variant would grant the same thing. Should I still take the level of Fighter to get IUS and a the Boar Style feat? I think that I may come out ahead in damage with the extra attacks from unarmed attacks + natural attacks when compared to the extra damage from strength when using the natural attacks as primary attacks.