PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun, which edition?

olejars
2012-03-29, 01:29 PM
I am very interested in picking up shadowrun and playing it. But I have no idea how it plays or which version is considered the better version. The group I game with usually play D&D 3.5, oWoD Hunter and Werewolf, and some odd ones here and there. Any thoughts?

Bearpunch
2012-03-29, 01:34 PM
First off, wrong forum, this should be in OD&D/other systems, request to be moved, unless you mean the Videogame, but considering you mention other RPGs, you don't.

Anyway, my group recently began playing with the 20th Anniversary book (4th edition) and it rocks. I would start there. Really fun system, though the rules are (to me, at least) horridbly complex.

olejars
2012-03-29, 01:46 PM
First off, wrong forum, this should be in OD&D/other systems, request to be moved, unless you mean the Videogame, but considering you mention other RPGs, you don't.

Anyway, my group recently began playing with the 20th Anniversary book (4th edition) and it rocks. I would start there. Really fun system, though the rules are (to me, at least) horridbly complex.

Okay, and my bad on wrong forum.

Zen Master
2012-03-29, 02:02 PM
Shadowrun has been improved version by version - I've played them all.

It's worth noting that mechanically, they are all horribly flawed. Other than that though, they are excellent games. But as indicated, the newest version is pretty sure to be the best.