PDA

View Full Version : {PF}a decent paladin..? (charatcer build for a character)

ngilop
2012-03-29, 05:49 PM
hey everybody, So there is an opporunity for me to play a character in a campign, of course I am taking over an already existing character who's player has bowed out..

Right now said character in question is a level 2 ( maybe 3) Paladin,

I was thinking of If i do decide to play this character, that i was going to go Oracle, with the Battle Mystery and then just stay straight oracle chosing spells that are paladin like in feel and flavor.

this cuts down on my MAD somewhat as my casting will be charisma and I can use stupidly good cleric spells to boost my str and other random stats.

does this sound like a good thing to do?

I chose the battle mystery because the overall abilities feel warrior of faith like and the bonus spells are spells that feel paladin-ie.

I am thinking of going to Wasting as there already IS a face character in the game so I won't be needing cha to skills that much, plus the beneftis are get make up for my low number of paladin levels. but I am open to everybody suggestions.

Arutema
2012-03-30, 01:15 AM
Double-check the Pathfinder Paladin. It's spells are already cast of Cha, so multiclassing to Oracle won't reduce MAD.

Corlindale
2012-03-30, 01:53 AM
I'd also advise against going Oracle. Or, if you want to be an Oracle, just play full Oracle with some Paladin-like fluff. You could of course dip the two paladin levels for divine grace, but your casting will be somewhat behind.

You have to decide whether you really want to be a paladin or an oracle - to me right now it seems that the title of the thread should have been "a decent oracle" - since you're only taking a small dip into paladin.

If going full Paladin, note that Paladins are not particularly MAD - and you probably *will* be a better holy crusader character than an Oracle. Your regular melee paladin can usually dump Dex, maybe Int and particularly Wis safely (since Cha is their casting stat). The archer paladin (a very, very powerful option) needs Dex too, but Con and Str become a little less crucial.

Ceaon
2012-03-30, 01:59 AM
Double-check the Pathfinder Paladin. It's spells are already cast of Cha, so multiclassing to Oracle won't reduce MAD.

Plus the paladin has become the most powerful full BAB core class in Pathfinder. And it has also become fun. You seem to already know how much a paladin can suck in 3.x, so trying the Pathfinder one will be especially satisfying for you.