PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Steel Mask (3.5 Homebrew Campaign IC)

Empedocles
2012-03-29, 08:13 PM
Plague and murder run rampant in the district of Paledyne. Mass evacuations led by King Solon have left it nothing more than a ghost town. You four were left stranded here, left to your own devices as to how to survive in a corrupt urban wasteland.

The four of you have met in an inn, a cliche for great adventurers...but first you had to kill the zombie of the former innkeeper and the plague infested rats. You have found shelter from ghosts in ghost town. So get to know each other.

HearTheRequiem
2012-03-30, 11:25 AM
Breathing heavily and shaking, blood flowing freely from a bite on her hand, Ruby sinks to the floor, her ruby-hilted sword clattering to the ground beside her.

"...I-Is everyone okay?"

radmelon
2012-03-30, 12:29 PM
The half-orc with rather large teeth and a few superficial wounds rests his axe against the wall, sitting in a nearby chair.

"Grognak is fine, Grognak no feel injuries. Puny rats no match for Grognak."

Beheld
2012-03-30, 03:32 PM
Altha goes through his normal process of healing up his comrades and refreshing his pool.

And then proceeds to sit quietly in a corner, waiting for a reason to interject.

Empedocles
2012-03-30, 09:07 PM
There's a very, very long and awkward silence. Then, suddenly, there's a knock on the door. Through a crack, a brown human eye is clearly visible.

radmelon
2012-03-30, 09:44 PM
Grognak gets up from his chair, and walks over to the door. "Who there? Friend or enemy? Grognak want know before open door."

Talking like a simpleton is somewhat liberating. Easy to compose lines. :smallsmile:

GuyFawkes
2012-03-31, 04:06 AM
Smart-mouth Halfling

Sitting on top of one of the tables left standing, a young male halfling looks around and surveys the room with a smile, ignoring the fact that for a few moments earlier, that very same room had been a battleground. That is not to say it was something the few people left in the room could not have handled, such that the halfling did not have anything much to do.

"This city has a very warm welcome for its tourists, eh? I am almost on the verge of liking it. Yeah, maybe a little more explosions would seal the deal for me," he blurts out sarcastically and chuckles.

At the sound of knocking on the door, the halfling turns his attention and notices what seems to be a human peeking through the crack. "Oh, a visitor? Well, don't be shy. Do come in." As soon as he finishes his words, his right hand moves in a series of sharp rotations of the wrist, finishing with him pointing at the door. After a split second, the door starts to open.

Swift action create an immovable barrier (1x1x1 inch) on the top part of the door from the outside.

Standard action cast Emerald Elevator on the barrier to elongate the side of the barrier facing the door at its fastest elongation speed (30 ft per round), pushing it open.

Emerald Elevator
Upon learning this technique, the Exarch gains the ability to extend his barrier in one direction (ie extend the top of a barrier, like an elevator), lifting or pushing anything on it or in its path. The barrier can extend to a maximum of 10 feet per two levels. This ability also allows the Exarch to reverse the extension.

This technique can push or carry anything in its path with a total weight not exceeding 10 x the maximum hit points of the barrier, or else the movement will stop. This can also be used to crush creatures or objects caught in its path of extension and pressed onto a wall or other similar rigid structure. Any creature or object crushed by this technique suffers 1d6 damage per 2 class levels, with a maximum of 10d6 at 20th level. A creature can also impede the advance of the barrier by making a strength check against the barrier’s strength check. The bonus for the barrier’s strength check is equal to the Exarch’s class level + Intelligence Modifier + 6 + the Barrier’s Size Modifier.

The barrier wall can move at any rate up to 30 feet per round. This requires a standard action to initiate, and a swift action to continue the action each successive round until the maximum elongation is reached. For barriers smaller than the square occupied by a creature, the creature gets a Reflex save with a DC 10 + ½ class level + Int mod. For barriers larger than this, the target doesn’t get a Reflex save.

HearTheRequiem
2012-03-31, 04:31 AM
Ruby gets to her feet, and, more to have something to do rather than to help, starts righting tables and chairs.

How can he say that?

Empedocles
2012-03-31, 03:51 PM
The door is ripped open gleefully...and standing on the other end is one of the most terrifying sights you'v ever seen. From the waist up, the monstrosity is a horribly deformed human, his teeth and skin rotting from some terrible disease. From the waist down, his body resembles some sort of foul stinking centipede with flailing tentacles. With a screech, it smashes against the exarch's barrier.

Not sure how it works to just smash through a barrier, but Strength check: [roll0]

radmelon
2012-03-31, 03:58 PM
"THIS WHY GROGNAK ASK IF FRIEND. IF MONSTER NO FRIEND, GROGNAK HIT. NEXT TIME WE WAIT FOR ANSWER."
Initiative: [roll0]

GuyFawkes
2012-03-31, 04:22 PM
Smart-mouth Halfling

The halfling's face contorts in disgust at the full sight of their visitor. "Oooh, that's nasty." Then his eyes make their way to the source of the screaming: the orc. He stifles an urge to laugh at his rather loud remark but succumbs to it eventually.

"Really, you are one funny guy, or should I say one funny orc. No - half a funny orc and guy. He he, ask that thing if he is a friend, he says..." he goes on in a lower voice while shaking his head before bursting into another fit of laughter.

@DM - The barrier Ulrich made was only 1 inch cube in size then elongated in one side (the side parallel to the doorway) so I doubt the monster would even touch it in any way on its way in.

HearTheRequiem
2012-03-31, 04:45 PM
Red-Haired, Yellow-Bellied

Ruby shrieks and cowers as she sees the monstrosity, noting both the diseased pallor and flailing tentacles.

Knowledge: Nature: [roll1]
The knowledge is for Knowledge Devotion. If Nature doesn't apply, she knows an awful lot about things local and arcane, too, both at a +9. :smalltongue:

Empedocles
2012-03-31, 04:46 PM
The creature scampers inside the decrepit inn, preparing to attack.

@ Guyfawkes wasted a 22 then!

Beheld
2012-03-31, 09:19 PM
Hopefully Altha wins init. If not, will react to monster's turn, but if so;

EDIT: did not win init, so will wait for opponents turn, but probably do the same action again, for what it's worth.

Init: [roll0]

If I win init, bullrush [roll1], trip [roll2].

Empedocles
2012-03-31, 09:27 PM
Initiative Order: Grognak, Ruby (rolled tie-breaker manually), Monster, Altha, smart-mouth halfling.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-01, 04:29 AM
Hands shaking, Ruby mutters words of power under her breath, and steps forward, sword in hand.

As she moves, the buckler on her arm shines, radiating ruby light, and grows to about three times its usual size.

This is how Miss Ruby casts Shield Of Faith!
AC increases to 21.

radmelon
2012-04-01, 11:34 AM
Grognak, axe in hand, charges the abomination with a gutteral yell.
Charge attack
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Empedocles
2012-04-01, 11:47 AM
The creature reels back in pain as Grognak hacks into it with impunity, but even as foul ichor drips from its mauled body, it does not retreat. Its horrible tentacles lash out and strike at its assailant.
[roll0] if hit [roll1] and Fortitude save from Grognak DC 15.

radmelon
2012-04-01, 11:55 AM
Grognak's armor deflects the feeble blow, emerging unscathed.
Don't forget that whenever I take damage, it's roll twice take lowest, from my troll path of the inhuman.

Beheld
2012-04-01, 12:05 PM
Altha stands up an concentrates on the ground beneath the creature. Suddenly the ground surges up, bucking, twisting, wrapping itself around it, and pushing the creature back.

So the ability trips, bullrushes, and entangles the creature for two rounds. Trip [roll0] Bullrush [roll1].

GuyFawkes
2012-04-01, 12:39 PM
Smart-mouth Halfling

Recovering from his laughing, the halfling looks at the advancing creature, and when it starts attacking the orc, his smile disappears and a little frown replaces it.

"Now that's not very nice of you, you...worm!"

Moving his right hand in a similar manner as before, but instead sweeps it across as if slashing the creature with his fingers, he conjures another barrier almost similar to the earlier one, but extending much faster, like an arrow, targeting the creature's torso.

Cast Emerald Spear on the centipede guy.

Emerald Spear
While the usual offensive form of barriers is in the form of imploding the barriers, other Exarchs tend to favor another form of attack. By creating an extending barrier similar to the Emerald Elevator, but thinner and with a more rapid extension, the Exarch can create barrier spears that can pierce through enemies. This type of attack does damage equal to the imploding damage of the size of barrier used, requires the same type of action to perform as creating a normal barrier of the size used, and requires a ranged touch attack to hit. Barrier spears can also be designated to be coordinate or conditional, such that if it is coordinate based, it can serve to pin the target when it pierces through them, and requires the target to destroy the barrier spear or some other means to escape.

This technique uses up the action required for creating the size of barrier used. For this attack, I will be using an at will sized immovable barrier, so this will be a swift action.

Attack: [roll0] ranged touch

If this attack connects, as stated in the skill, if the barrier is of an immovable type, the target is pinned in place unless it destroys the barrier.

Empedocles
2012-04-02, 09:42 AM
The barrier-spear rips through the rotten flesh of the human-crawly thing, and it screams a final time and dies.

@radmelon Gotcha:smallwink:

GuyFawkes
2012-04-02, 02:02 PM
Smart-mouth Halfling

Seeing that their unruly visitor had been taken care of, the still sitting halfling jumps down the table and nonchalantly skips up to the door, slamming it closed as he reaches it. After a few hand movements and pointing at the door, he turns around to face the others.

"Well, I believe we have had enough visitors for the night," beaming at them like it was a matter of fact. He then turns his attention on the creature on the floor, or what remains of it.

"So, whose friend is he?"

Free action dismiss both barriers (one on the door and the barrier spear).
Move action go to the door.
Standard action close the door.
Swift action create an immovable barrier (2 in x 4 in x 5 feet) across the door to bar it from other visitors.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-02, 03:17 PM
Cautiously, hiding behind her oversized buckler, Ruby creeps over to the creature, poking at it with the point of her sword.

"...W-What is it?

radmelon
2012-04-02, 03:54 PM
"Thing is no friend of Grognak." With these few words, Grognak uses his axe to push the mangled corpse outside, where the smell will bother them less.

Empedocles
2012-04-02, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately, there's a giant immovable barrier in the way of outside...

As you poke it though, you notice something black and shiny moving around in the hole where the barrier pierced it.

radmelon
2012-04-02, 08:33 PM
Can I see through the barrier? What colour is it?

Empedocles
2012-04-02, 08:35 PM
No...you see it in the guts of the dead thing.

radmelon
2012-04-02, 08:45 PM
What? Oh, wait, I understand. Didn't read the post clearly enough. Oops.

Seeing something squirming in the wound, Grognak hacks at the corpse with his axe. "Agh! Nasty critter not dead!"

Damage: [roll0]

Empedocles
2012-04-02, 10:29 PM
It's very dead, although little maggots begin crawling out its putrid innards...

As you pick off bits of it, the black thing is revealed to be a large dark crystal of some sort, possibly onyx. Its covered in some sort of gross goo...

radmelon
2012-04-02, 10:35 PM
"Grognak found crystal. Anyone know what it is?" Grognak hands the crystal to one of his more intellectual collegues.

Beheld
2012-04-03, 12:44 AM
Altha will take the shard, and have a look at.

Knowledge Arcana or Planes, as appropriate [roll0] Add 2 if Spellcraft or Search is more appropriate.

PS, the thing where it deletes your roll in this forum is retarded.

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 01:27 AM
Altha can immediately identify the crystal as not being onyx or obsidian, but rather a shadeshard, which is a common ingredient in some of the darker incantations. Upon closer examination, you notice a tiny silvery rune seeming to flutter around in the center of the crystal. You know it bears passing resemblance to the Arcane word for "Plague," but it's decidedly different and you can't recognize it.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-03, 05:13 AM
Ruby cautiously moves over to Altha to take a look at the crystal.
As she does so, her hat seems to move as though something's pushing against the side of it, until it lifts up and a tiny blue bird flies out.

Knowledge: Arcana/Local/Nature/Spellcraft: [roll0]

Empedocles
2012-04-03, 10:15 AM
Ruby knows that shadeshards only grow in very, very corrupt areas, although there's no telling if this particular one was created in the city or brought here.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-03, 11:35 AM
Ruby blanches, her face white from shock, and the tiny hummingbird nuzzles desperately against her cheek.

"...This isn't good. Not good at all. Either somewhere here's corrupt, or things are coming from somewhere else corrupt."

Then, she turns to Grognak.

"...Corrupt means `Very, very bad`."

radmelon
2012-04-03, 12:30 PM
"Grognak know what word mean. In orc tongue word is 'Scrakanr', or 'vilest taint'. Reserved for most evil of things. Tribe often spent time burning such things."

GuyFawkes
2012-04-03, 12:47 PM
Smart-mouth Halfling

Of all the places in this huge city, I had to be involved in this mess. He knows it's impossible the whole of the city is undergoing this turmoil, so it is just his dumb luck, or the lack of it in this situation.

Whatever, I guess it's one of those old man's tactics. I'll just ride this one out.

"Corrupt, huh? Well, don't we all have those in all the big cities? You know, those who sit at the top, lording over the rest like they own everything. No? Not that?" he smiles.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-03, 01:34 PM
Hearing Grognak's words, Ruby flushes bright red, her hummingbird nuzzling against her cheek as if to calm her down.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean...Scrakanr? I'll try to remember that. Thankyou."

Then, turning to the halfling, she raises an eyebrow.

"...No, not that. I mean...How can I explain this? Okay. Fire is hot, right? So, it makes the things around it hot too. It's like that. There are things, be they beings or magic, with this...Scrakanr, this taint, this corruption, so powerful that they make the things around them corrupt, too. And that's where these crystals come from.
...I'm sorry, sir. I don't think I know your name."

GuyFawkes
2012-04-03, 02:35 PM
Smart-mouth Halfling

The young halfling supresses an urge to laugh at the current misunderstanding brought about by the lady's comments and his, though he quite expected it. He muses for a bit on whether to clarify the confusion or just go from there. But he liked the honesty of the human woman, something he never quite experienced back in his village. Smiling, he replies.

"I am kidding, I was just playing with you. And you can call me Ulrich. But kidding aside, anybody of you who have been here long enough to know what in the hells is going on here?"

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-03, 03:01 PM
The redhead blushes bright red once again, looking away from Ulrich bashfully.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't realise... um, Mr. Ulrich. I'm sorry. My name's Ruby. Ruby Tamarisk. As for what's going on, um...There's been a lot of illness around. A plague, even. They've been evacuating people into the other districts. They evacuated the Mage's College while I was at the Martial Academy, and I left for the College just before they evacuated the Academy. I got home, but they'd been evacuated too.
I'm alone. Stuck here."

At this, Ruby starts shaking tears rolling down her face. The strange blue bird nuzzles against her, trying to wipe her tears away.

radmelon
2012-04-03, 11:13 PM
"It okay lady, Grognak not have good knowledge of common tongue. Orc tongue is better. But Grognak improving. Grognak came here to see world. Not hear of plague till too late. But Grognak not leave until Scrakanr gone. Cannot be left to stay, very bad. We get through this fine."

GuyFawkes
2012-04-04, 03:00 AM
Ulrich

The halfling who introduced himself as Ulrich is taken aback by the sudden tears of Ruby. For someone who had fought well earlier, she sure is such a crybaby.

"I see. A plague, huh? Just my rotten luck. And here I was, excited to see the big city for the first time, I had to end up in this sector."

He smiles. Surely it seems like this had not been just by luck. It was beginning to smell like the schemes of that old man. He knew this was happening, that's why he sent me here. It looks like he is not here, so another test? Maybe some clue to where he actually is might be lying around here somewhere. Very well, old man, challenge accepted!

"There there, Miss Ruby. Fear not, for the great Sir..." he speaks with a dignified pose, holding it for a few seconds, in what seems to be a preparation to declare himself as a protector, before he suddenly moves to the half-orc's side and points to him, "...Grognak is here to protect us!" He smiles sheepishly before continuing. "Remember how he easily took care of the centipede guy earlier with just a swing of his axe? With that hunk of raw power by my side, I can rest easy knowing I will be safe tonight," he finishes, grinning.

radmelon
2012-04-04, 09:13 AM
" ...Fine. Grognak will take first watch. But not all watches. Need sleep too."

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-04, 10:02 AM
Drying her eyes, Ruby smiles at the two of them.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm being silly. Thank you both."

"...U-Um, Sir Grognak? We'll take the second watch."

She seems to be referring to herself and the hummingbird that appears to live in her hat.

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 11:49 AM
Grognak, your watch passes without any interruptions, and halfway through the night Ruby relieves him and he gratefully goes to sleep.

Listen check for Ruby [roll0]

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 11:50 AM
Ruby, you hear what seems to be the scampering of tiny little feet from upstairs!

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-04, 12:01 PM
Sword in hand, Ruby slowly walks over to the stairs, careful not to wake the others.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 01:50 PM
Ruby is...not stealthy. However, the other characters aren't woken, but the scampering does stop as soon as she begins to move.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-04, 02:03 PM
Ruby waits for a while, listening intently, hummingbird at her side.

Listen check: [roll0]

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 04:28 PM
Eventually, as you begin to settle, the scampering continues. You're not sure, but it seems like it's moving towards the steps.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-04, 04:40 PM
The redhead shivers, her fear intensified by the fact her familiar shares those thoughts and feelings with her. If it was something dangerous, she could take it, right? If she weakened it first? But just in case...

Columbia. If bad, get help.

Readying an action to shoot a Ray Of Enfeeblement at the next thing to come downstairs.
If it attacks, Columbia, the hummingbird, will fly over to the sleeping people and try and wake them up if possible.

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 08:51 PM
Altha snaps awake, but the others just roll around restlessly. Very slowly, you hear a creaking noise on the steps.

Everyone besides Altha will wake up in [roll0] rounds. Due to his elf trance, Altha is already wide awake.

Beheld
2012-04-04, 10:24 PM
Altha will ready an action to Powered Earth Channel anything that attempt to enter the door other than the missing Ruby or her familiar.

Empedocles
2012-04-04, 11:33 PM
A tiny little boy falls down the steps. He is covered in gashes, and his skin has turned a slightly gray color from disease. He appears to be unconscious, but as soon as he begins to fall there's a frantic scraping noise from upstairs.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-05, 04:13 AM
"O-Oh, God! Please be okay..."

Abandoning her fear, Ruby rushes up the stairs, her hand shining with white light, which she gently uses to touch the child's forehead.

"Come on, please be okay. We can help you. We'll get you better, I promise. Just please be okay."

Casting Cure Minor Wounds on the child.

Empedocles
2012-04-05, 08:08 PM
Darkness falls all around you! There's a crashing sound, and it's obvious something is scrambling down the steps...

The child screams, although you don't know if he's been hurt again or if he's just scared.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-06, 03:49 AM
Overcome with terror, Ruby finds herself barely-able to invoke the simplest of cantrips.

Unseen, however, Columbia flies down the stairs, into the room where the others are sleeping.

Trying to cast Light!

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 03:01 PM
This is a magical darkness. The light does not appear...

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-06, 03:05 PM
Ruby, being a terrified teenage girl in a zombie-infested building, does exactly what one would expect her to.

She screams.

Beheld
2012-04-06, 05:53 PM
Altha will kick others awake and then head out the door towards the scream.

radmelon
2012-04-06, 05:58 PM
Clearing the sleep from his eyes, Grognak gets to his feet. Grabbing his axe, he dashes to the stairs, stopping right before the darkness. "Where danger? Grognak help!."

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 06:56 PM
Ruby, you hear a scuttling noise now incredibly close to you. It seems to move past though...in the direction of Grognak.
As Grognak stairs into a darkness, axe readied, a hiss of green acidic spray erupts from it, scalding him.

[roll0] points of acid damage, reflex save DC 14 half. Also, you are sickened from the noxious fumes. Make a fortitude save DC 14. If you fail, the sickening effect lasts 2 round...otherwise, it only lasts a round.

radmelon
2012-04-06, 07:14 PM
Damage reroll from troll path, use if lower: [roll0]
Reflex: [roll1]
Fort: [roll2]

Empedocles
2012-04-06, 07:56 PM
You avoid the worst of the blast...and the thing comes scuttling out of the darkness. It's lower body is identical to the previous monster, but from the waist up it looks like some sort of sick, scaly drow.

It hisses at Grognak and prepares to attack.

The previous attack was made in the surprise round. It's initiative!

Also, I'm a little confused...exactly where is Ruby right now? Did she go back downstairs with the child?

GuyFawkes
2012-04-07, 01:23 AM
Ulrich

"...mmm...no...it wasn't me, Ma...mmm..."

A faint mumbling can be heard from the small halfling youth while he lies there sleeping, his face alternating from a calm one to scrunching and twitching. But as soon as Altha kicks him, he immediately opens his eyes and rolls to a standing position.

"Wh...who is it? What was that?" came a reflexive series of questions as he scans his surroundings.

What is the area of the magical darkness? How far is the stairs from where we were sleeping?

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-07, 02:39 AM
Still carrying the child, Ruby stumbles down the stairs and swings wildly at the...thing, as soon as she sees it.

Ruby was halfway up the stairs, holding the child. Since the monster went past her, it should be somewhere between her and Grognak.

Attack roll: [roll1] (Is Grognak flanking, if the thing's between him and Ruby? If so, +2 to this.)
Damage: [roll2]

Empedocles
2012-04-07, 09:47 AM
Ruby slices the monstrosity across its chest, sending some sort of green liquid spraying from it.

The darkness is at the top of the steps, although now pretty much everyone is downstairs. The steps are about 30 feet away. Ruby you are flanking with Grognak, so that's a hit.

radmelon
2012-04-07, 12:13 PM
Grognak lets out a mighty roar as he hacks at the creature with his axe
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Empedocles
2012-04-07, 11:47 PM
It lets out a shriek as Grognak cuts into it, but does not die. However, it seems to be getting weaker, the tentacles flailing less wildly and its eyes burning less fiercely.

GuyFawkes
2012-04-08, 12:33 AM
Ulrich

The noise from the stairs draws Ulrich's attention and as he focuses, he could see Grognak exchanging blows with someone, or something. He immediately hurries towards the two, and as soon as he sees the creature, he immediately forms a barrier around its torso and implodes it.

Move action move to around 10 feet of Grognak.
Swift action form an immovable barrier (2x2x2 feet in size).
Free action implode.

Attack: [roll0] Ranged touch.

Empedocles
2012-04-08, 12:04 PM
The monster splatters into little bits, dowsing Grognak and Ruby in some sort of disgusting, viscous liquid.
Just a heads up. I've got people on the villain recruitment thread and they'll be posting on here as enemies at some points :smallsmile:

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-08, 12:38 PM
"U-Ugh!"
Ruby splutters, her longsword clattering to the floor as she makes a series of reactive, jerky hand movements.
Slowly, the liquid seems to lift off her, her clothes effectively becoming clean again.

"...S-Sir Grognak, I'm so sorry...Are you hurt? Let me get that off you..."

Turning her attention back to the sickly child, Ruby checks him over to see if he's still conscious, what's wrong with him, and so on.

"...I-It's okay, sweetie, I'll help you, I promise!"

Prestidigitation to clean Ruby and Grognak.
Heal Check for the Sickly Child: [roll0]

radmelon
2012-04-08, 01:10 PM
"Grognak is fine. Just scratches. Next time you hear things on watch, wake others. Don't matter if no danger, better safe than sorry."

Empedocles
2012-04-08, 02:34 PM
Ruby, you are unable to further heal the child but further examination reveals his only wounds to be mild burns, abrasions, and bruises. He is in no danger, and appears to be waking up slowly.

Child is fully awake in 3 rounds.

GuyFawkes
2012-04-08, 02:35 PM
Ulrich

"Nevermind that. The question is, where did our slimy friend come from? Now that we are awake, might as well check it out," the halfling says coolly as he makes his way past Grognak.

"Oh, who's the boy?"

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-09, 05:20 AM
"H-He fell down the stairs, and then that...that thing attacked."

Ruby's voice is shaky, and she doesn't seem to be paying much attention, instead focusing on the child in her arms.

"Come on, wake up, it's okay. We can help you."

GuyFawkes
2012-04-09, 07:52 AM
Ulrich

Raising an eyebrow, he eventually shrugs his shoulders and moves up the stairs. "Come, Sir Grognak. Let us see if the centipede has more of its kind upstairs. And find out how the heck it managed to come in and seal it off. I'd like to have an uninterrupted sleep for the rest of the night. Miss Ruby can take care of the boy," he smiles before turning and continuing up the stairs.

radmelon
2012-04-09, 12:42 PM
Grognak walks up the stairs, staying in front in case of attack. He looks around for anything suspicious or out of place.

Spot: [roll0]

GuyFawkes
2012-04-09, 03:35 PM
Ulrich

The little halfling youth stays behind the towering frame of the half-orc named Grognak, his eyes peeled on the darkness before them. He tries to find sign of any additional unwanted guests as well as openings such as windows where someone or something could use to go in or out.

Empedocles
2012-04-09, 06:24 PM
Neither of you find anything of much interest upstairs. Most everything up there has been melted down by acid (the creature's breath weapon) or just torn up.

Down below, Ruby you see the child begin to awaken.

radmelon
2012-04-09, 06:44 PM
Grognak returns to the ground floor, keeping a watchful eye over things.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-11, 03:24 PM
Ruby sighs with relief as the boy begins to wake up, and her familiar flies back into the room.

"Thank goodness you're awake. I'm sorry if I scared you before. How are you feeling?"

Empedocles
2012-04-11, 06:36 PM
The child begins to cry immediately, saying "Mommy and daddy are gone! The men said they were taking them out of the city and they'll be gone in just 1 day!"

GuyFawkes
2012-04-12, 02:30 AM
Ulrich

Seeing nothing upstairs, he follows the half-orc down, but does not forget to seal the stairs with a barrier. He then goes on to check with the kid.

"Whoah, whoah, settle down kid. No use in screaming now. What happened? Who took them? And why did they not take you with them?"

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-12, 01:40 PM
Ruby frowns concernedly down at the boy, and does her best to comfort him.

"My mommy and daddy are being taken away, too. But don't worry, we can work together and rescue both our parents! How does that sound, do you think you can be reallyreally brave and help us? I won't let anything bad, happen, I promise."

At Ruby's words, the strange blue hummingbird begins circling the boy's head, and nudging gently against him, as though his head were a planet and she a bizarre, feathery moon.

Ruby smiles at the boy.

"My name's Ruby, and my tiny blue friend here is Columbia. What would you like us to call you?"

Empedocles
2012-04-12, 08:58 PM
"I'm Willum," says the sniveling boy. "My mommy and daddy are still here though! In the evacuation camps! Please help me find them!"

You guys have yet to hear of an evacuee camp, but you haven't exactly been with the general news of the district.

radmelon
2012-04-12, 09:05 PM
Still staying away from the child so as not to scare, Grognak speaks for the first time. "Where is camp?"

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-13, 04:50 PM
"We'll help you find them, I promise. Do you know where the camps are?"

Empedocles
2012-04-13, 06:57 PM
Sniffing away his tears he says, I do. The camp is near the outer walls of the district in the west. I - I can take you there.

radmelon
2012-04-14, 12:25 AM
"Good, we leave in morning."

Empedocles
2012-04-14, 01:49 PM
For the first time since you rescued him, the boy smiles, then falls quickly asleep.

Night is falling, and you begin to hear movement outside. None of it seems directed towards the inn, but there's certainly activity beyond the walls...

GuyFawkes
2012-04-14, 09:03 PM
Ulrich

"I will take the watch for the rest of the night," says the halfling.

Beheld
2012-04-14, 10:53 PM
Better I do, as I have tranced enough for the night.

GuyFawkes
2012-04-16, 03:41 AM
Ulrich

"Hmm. Right then. Good luck," he says in reply as he moves to his sleeping spot, on top of the counter, yawning.

Elves and their trance, he thinks to himself as he lies down and forms a barrier around himself before closing his eyes and sleep.

radmelon
2012-04-16, 01:35 PM
Grognak returns to sleep, but keeps his axe within reach.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-16, 05:22 PM
Ruby puts the boy to bed, then settles down to sleep herself.

Empedocles
2012-04-17, 06:21 PM
The night passes without further incident, and activity in the streets seem to subside. The boy has a fitful night, whimpering the entire time.

radmelon
2012-04-17, 06:33 PM
Grognak, being accustomed to early starts, wakes first. He gets up, donning his armor early on, and when the others start to wake, starts preparing breakfast for the party from rations in his pack.

GuyFawkes
2012-04-17, 11:54 PM
Ulrich

Waking up a tad bit after Grognak, he stretches himself and yawns before sitting up abruptly, hitting his head on his own barrier. Rubbing his forehead, he dismisses it and greets the others.

"Mornin' folks! Ah, breakfast is served? Thanks, Grog," he says as he starts to dig in. "So, how is the kid?"

radmelon
2012-04-18, 09:08 AM
"Still sleeping. Grognak think child safe for first time in while."

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-18, 09:13 AM
Ruby, having gotten up around the same time as Grognak, rises from her bedroll, where she had been knelt, magic flowing through her mind.

"I'll protect him. I promise. Thankyou for the breakfast, Sir Grognak."

Prepared spells: Same as before!

GuyFawkes
2012-04-18, 12:43 PM
Ulrich

After eating his share and capping it with a hearty burp, Ulrich says his thanks again and heads towards the windows and takes a peak outside, assessing the situation.

Empedocles
2012-04-18, 08:55 PM
The roads are torn up and a few diseased rats crawl up and down the streets. However, not much seems to have changed, and it looks a little less like a warzone.

The child seems eager to get going, anxious to reach his parents.

OOC: Just so you guys know, pretty soon I'll have the pre-recruited villains hopping in, which means some other people will make cameos :smallwink:

radmelon
2012-04-18, 09:12 PM
"Which way do we go?" Grognak asks the child, ready to take point.

GrassyGnoll
2012-04-19, 10:13 PM
The road forks through a derelict market. To the left, a guard station segregates the plague-ridden streets and city beyond. Between the mostly abandoned stalls is a small wooden stage, raised slightly above the dirt and occupied by a lithe dancer. She wears a fiery red shawl, midriff-baring vest and poofy jester's pantaloons. Twirling the cloth lazily, she begins to dance for an assembly of passers-by.

"Patrons and gentlefolk, in the midst of this tragedy we humble bards hope to lighten your hearts and loads!"

The dancer draws her shawl into a taut cord behind her back as she begins to sway and step to an invisible beat. Her hair is a play of auburn and red, cut pixie short and framed by pointy, pierced ears.

"What comedy! These guards, posted to hold you citizens back. Pushing your head under, when they're sworn to protect and serve! They cower from the horrors! The horrors our vigilant and brave neighbors drive back unbidden!"

The dancer stops in a flourish, gesturing towards the party walking up the road (hi :smallsmile:). She begins to applaud them as the crowd turns to follow her gaze.

"Another survivor!" she points to the boy, "Come forward, boy! There will be one less name posted in the town square thanks to these heroes!"

There is a full round of applause for the boy and party, and in the midst of excitement the crowd's eyes fall from the stage... the dancer smiles past the boy as she unconsciously resumes her serpentine dance.

DM
Casting Charm Person on the kid. I'll post the map when we roll initiative.

Empedocles
2012-04-19, 10:33 PM
The boy smiles eagerly and begins to rush forward...

Players:This is our real person villain :smalltongue: He and I will be running the battle together, largely with him taking actions and me adjudicating exactly what happens. Everyone should also post an initiative roll. The kids is [roll0]. If any of the PCs beat his initiative they can probably grab him before he gets onstage.

radmelon
2012-04-19, 10:54 PM
"What you want with child? Who are you?" barks Grognak while trying to put an arm in front of the boy, not trusting this strangely attired stranger.

GrassyGnoll
2012-04-19, 11:48 PM
"A celebration! A celebration!" the dancer booms, she claps and stamps the crowd along. The mob cheers the eager boy and his saviors. Only the party can see the long shadow cast from a tent-market alleyway and hear the snarl of frighted hounds.

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsfQahjr0ZOcdE85WEN6VFI1TUprR3VfRnBFdEdTa Wc#gid=0)

She :smalltongue:("Lord" is a misnomer for sure).

GuyFawkes
2012-04-20, 01:37 AM
Ulrich

"Where do you think you're going, brat?" the halfling snorts as he gabs the boy by the wrist. "Focus! We're looking for your parents, remember?"

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-20, 02:20 AM

Ruby lunges forward as the boy moves, trying to take his hand before he goes out of reach.

"No! Wait!"

Realising this was out loud, Ruby blushes a deep shade of red and looks at the dancing lady apologetically.

"I...like your shawl?"

Beheld
2012-04-20, 07:33 PM
Init: [roll0]

DM, and our new villain, to be fair.
Is that a silent stilled charm person? Because if not, I almost certainly recognize it.

Spellcraft: [roll1]

Sorry, I read your spoiler box before thinking because I was so confused to see a new poster, posting as if the DM, and I didn't really process everything through until after I clicked on it. Won't do it again now that I'm not being retarded any more.

Empedocles
2012-04-20, 08:39 PM
Ulrich grabs the boy with lightning fast reflexes, stopping him from approaching the dancer.

So we're all good with the villain? :smallcool:

GuyFawkes
2012-04-21, 11:06 AM
Ulrich

Tightening his grab on the kid, he pulls him back.

If the kid is under the spell and is trying to get away, then opposed strength check:
[roll0]
If he fails this, swift action form an immovable barrier (half foot cube in dimension) around the boy's hand to stop him from moving.
If nothing, well he will still hold on to the kid.

"Bravo! I would clap if my hands weren't occupied. Splendid dancing, miss. Now if only I had not been attacked by centipede dudes, I would truly appreciate this...this celebration of yours," he says with a wry smile.

"Now, if someone would care to explain to us all of this? I had the notion of utter chaos going on, this kid himself losing his parents. And now I find all of you here celebrating?"

Empedocles
2012-04-21, 01:11 PM
The child is only charmed, not dominated or anything like that, so you are easily able to hold on to him. After a moment of confusion, he stops struggling and looks to the woman questioningly, seemingly uncertain of whom he should be with.

Beheld
2012-04-21, 01:18 PM
So wait, did she actually visibly cast charm person, cause that would make me much more likely to punch her in the face.

Empedocles
2012-04-21, 01:22 PM
Yes, she did. Only you identified it, however.

Beheld
2012-04-21, 03:28 PM
Guys, the werido on stage cast charm person. I'd keep a hand on that boy and make our way out of here as soon as possible.

GrassyGnoll
2012-04-22, 06:01 PM
The suspicious dancer grimaces at the interruption to her ceremony. Too upset to correct her expression, the street performer begins to holler with a carnivaler's locution.

Honored guests! We celebrate your triumph of cour-!"

The speech is interrupted by a howl and the baying of hounds. The audience begins to shuffle and tremble. From behind the abandoned market alleys lumbers a nine foot humanoid monstrosity; armored by twisted metal, armed with an executioner's axe and dripping plague from crevasses in his shell. Two plagued dogs walk at his heel, snapping their fangs at the frighted commoners and standing guard over the back-alley escapes.

A clumsy commoner steps back onto a tack and in an instant is curled on the floor clutching his gut. The unfortunate man erupts in brown sores that blister and explode. The crowd begins to panic, shepherded by the snarls of running hounds into a stampede for the guard post.

"Oh my!" the dancer cries facetiously. She beams a smile at the party, "It's already begun!"

Everyone make a Will save (DC 21) or be shaken for 4 rounds
Additional DC 21 Will save for Grognak or be shaken.

Initiative order:
Ruby
Ulrich
Altha
Vile Knight
June
Grognak

Initiative for hounds:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsfQahjr0ZOcdE85WEN6VFI1TUprR3VfRnBFdEdTa Wc#gid=0)

Legend:
VK for Vile Knight. Large size
PC's begin in the N13/14 square
Commoners are not difficult terrain, but they do provide [human] cover

radmelon
2012-04-22, 06:29 PM
Two saves? Will ones? Crap.
Save 1:[roll0]
Save 2: [roll1]

Beheld
2012-04-22, 07:30 PM
As I understand it, the best way to deal with plague is to burn it out.

Altha raises a hand, and fire bursts out of the stage, and the new stranger.

Save: [roll0]
On his turn, after Ruby and Ulrich, Altha will move forward 10ft and then use a powered Fire channel on 45MN for [roll1] fire damage, Ref save DC 18 for half.

HearTheRequiem
2012-04-23, 01:57 AM
Ruby almost screams, her eyes filling with tears, but somehow - for the sake of the child - manages to refrain.

She makes a series of simple hand gestures, and her buckler once again expands to an enormous size, radiating ruby light.

Will save: [roll0]
Casting Shield Of Faith, for an AC of 21.

GuyFawkes
2012-04-23, 07:12 AM
Ulrich

Will: [roll0]

Do we get a reason why we would potentially be shaken? Also, why does Grognak have to have his save twice? A descriptive text would suffice, you don't have to say the exact magic/ability. Pardon for this, but it would be handy when describing my character's actions. Doing so in the future would also be nice.

"Whoa-oh! Not good, not good!"

Grabbing the young boy, Ulrich retreats a few yards and puts the boy behind him. "Stay close, and do not let go of my hand. This festival is about to begin!" he says with a grin to the boy, but in his chest, his heart is beating fast. He looks at their attackers and prepares to retaliate as soon as they come close.

Move action: Move to P18.
Standard action: Ready action.
Create an immovable barrier targeted at any enemy that goes within 10 feet of any of their group or at anyone that attacks any of their group, whichever comes first.
(Rolls will be done in OOC thread.)
Free action: Implode barrier.

Empedocles
2012-04-25, 09:15 PM
Is this targeted at the lady or the knight?

GuyFawkes
2012-04-25, 11:13 PM
If you're talking about my barrier attack, then as I said, it could be any of the enemies, as long as they meet the above conditions of attacking any of them or coming close.

Beheld
2012-04-25, 11:53 PM
Mine is a 5ft burst, so since they are diagonally adjacent, I choose to hit both of them.

GrassyGnoll
2012-04-26, 02:54 AM
Sorry, uni business. My partner in crime informed me that the VK is Large Size and I had to squeeze him over one to fit through the alley. He is adjacent to a hound if you'd like to stick with the AoE attack dice (PQ56).

Beheld
2012-04-26, 11:32 AM
Nope, I'll just continue hitting you as punishment for cheating.

GrassyGnoll
2012-04-27, 01:06 AM
Reflex: [roll0]
(Vile Knight aura thingy and swift intimidate)

June cackles at the riot's commencement. The dancer slips behind the platform stage. Drawing her bow and quarrel with a magical celerity, she strings the bow with the same hypnotic stroke of her dancing [5' step to M3, free action draw (crystal), move action Distracting dance*]. The lumbering giant in the yard barges through the crowd to contest the first adventurer unlucky enough to meet his stride. He glowers at the size-able half-orc in the middle of the road. At a mere ten feet, an invisible barrier interrupts his march. The invisible sheet of force tears his flesh as it collapses, and from his wounds leak repulsive ichor. The hiss of a loosed arrow cuts the air as June takes aim at her conjurer rival (Altha; to be clear).

"YES! Let's burn together!"

The sadistic dancer grins at Ruby with her eyes. The bard takes a clear delight in the pain and distress she's caused the vaunted 'heroes'.

Attack: [roll1] for [roll2]
Fort save (DC 16) or affected by Horrible Bile*

Initiative order:
Ruby
Ulrich
Altha
Vile Knight
June
Grognak
Plague Hound 1
Plague Hound 2

Digest: Distracting Dance & Vile Knight aura in effect (failed Will Save is 4 rounds shaken). VK moved. Hounds to move to N12 Q12~ish on their turn to attack and flank for VK. In the meantime, Grognak's turn.

Distracting Dance (Ex)
The Distracting Dance lowers enemies' awareness in combat, leaving openings for the Dancer and her allies. All enemies affected by the Distracting Dance take a -1 distraction penalty to Armor Class, Attack Rolls, and Saving Throws. Their DR is also lowered by 1, unless they have none in which case they take 1 extra damage whenever they are successfully hit. These penalties last for the entire three round duration of the Distracting Dance.

Horrible Bile: A creature afflicted with this toxin immediately begins vomiting a combination of toxin-enhanced stomach acid whatever else might be in its stomach at the time. The first failed save against this toxin sickens the creature for one round; the second nauseates for one round; subsequent failed saves nauseate and deal 1 point of Constitution damage each. 5 round duration.

GuyFawkes
2012-04-27, 01:48 AM
Since it's VK who triggers my conditions first, I guess he takes the attack.

Here are my rolls as posted in the OOC:
Attack roll for barrier: (1d20+6)[21] ranged touch
Damage: (2d6)[8]

Beheld
2012-04-30, 01:55 PM
Since no one else on my team who acts before me has posted in some time, and I act before any of our enemies, I going to go ahead and post my action.

Altha watches the arrow glance harmlessly off his arm, barely tearing his shirt, and the Vile Knight stopped short.

In return, he jogs forward towards the stage, and suddenly, the dancer feels a strong urge to hurl.

Moves to L8 and uses Powered Water Channel, Make a DC 18 Fort save. If you fail the save, you are nauseated for two rounds and then sickened for the entire combat. If you make the save, you are sickened for the rest of the combat.

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-01, 11:54 PM
{Lacking input from Grognak, assuming that the half-orc will move into melee range to threaten the Vile Knight.

Errata: AC 22 - 1 for Distracting Dance -2 for shaken = AC 19 == 20 attack roll hits}

Fortitude save: [roll0]

The half-orc steps forward and just as quickly the hounds descend. The damned fey-kind dancer eyes the back-alley escapes as she buckles in pain. The ominous knight welcomes his first opponent as the plaguebeasts prowl the duel's perimeter. The diseased mastiff immediately at the knight's heel takes the first bite, into Ruby's boot-covered shin as it shakes and drags her down.

The panicking crowd bursts into the streets and crashes against the guard tower in a wave. Calls of alarm are raised as the market square becomes ground zero of the latest plague riot.

[Grognak's input]

{Hound 1 to N12
Hound 2 charge to P12, attack & trip Ruby:(A)[roll1] for [roll2] & filth fever (DC 12)
Trip: [roll3]

Ulrich & Ruby, then villains again}

Beheld
2012-05-02, 12:48 AM
Shaken has no effect on AC, so even if I am effected by Distracting Dance, it would still miss. Not that I could possibly know if I was effected by Distracting Dance, because you didn't tell anyone what it takes to be effected by it.

radmelon
2012-05-02, 09:07 AM
Crap, sorry about that. Real life has been distracting me somewhat, but I should be more on-the-ball than this.

Grognak does indeed move to threaten the foul warrior, and swings his axe.

Attack: [roll0]

GuyFawkes
2012-05-02, 09:22 AM
Ulrich

Seeing one of the hounds attacking Ruby, Ulrich attacks it with his barrier, forming it around the dog's head and imploding it.

Attack: [roll0] touch attack.

HearTheRequiem
2012-05-02, 02:44 PM
A hundred hundred thoughts racing through her mind, Ruby screams, and stabs down at the hound attacking her.

First, Knowledge Devotion.
Assuming all three are the same type, that makes this easier.
[roll0] That's a +3.
Now, attacking the hound that attacked Ruby:
Attack: [roll1] + Knowledge Devotion: [21]
Damage: [roll2] + Knowledge Devotion: [8]

Finally, she runs a hand along the flat of her blade, and the ruby in the hilt shines with a blinding red light, and then she and her blade are gone.

Swift Invisibility from the wand chamber. Invisible until next round!

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-05, 06:44 PM
The vile knight deflects Grognak's eager blow as a collapsing prismatic sheer and the cut of Ruby's blade fell the hound at his side.

Attack: [roll0] for [roll1]
(At least two fortitude saves too, may need Gaiyamato's input, he built the character)

The dancer in back re-notches and looses a fresh quarrel at the halfling down the road. She hits the deck, losing line of sight with the brawl in the street.
Attack:[roll2] for [roll3]
& Fortitude save (DC 16) for Horrible Bile

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-05, 06:48 PM
The vile knight deflects Grognak's eager blow as a collapsing prismatic sheer and the cut of Ruby's blade fell the hound at his side.

Attack: [roll0] for [roll1]
(At least two fortitude saves too, may need Gaiyamato's input, he built the character)

The dancer in back re-notches and looses a fresh quarrel at the halfling down the road.
Attack:[roll2] for [roll3]
& Fortitude save (DC 16) for Horrible Bile

Beheld
2012-05-07, 06:35 PM
Note: this didn't tag as new for me, despite the double post, so that's probably why no one is responding.

Altha charges forward around the corner, and from nearly point blank range burns the dancer again.

Altha moves forward to K3 and uses Strengthened Lesser Fire Channel on the Dancer again. DC 18 ref save for half [roll0] fire damage.

GuyFawkes
2012-05-08, 02:26 AM
Ulrich

Hearing something like a whir in the air, Ulrich manages to see the arrow flying towards him. It is about to hit him, but the missile crumples midair at the last second, losing all momentum and falls to the ground as if hitting something invisible.

As soon as he recovers, he focuses on the other hound, moving his wrist in sharp motions and targeting it.

Immediate Action: Use Force React ability to create an immovable barrier in front of him. (5 ft x 5ft x 1 in)
Full Round Action: Create a barrier around the other hound (H1?) and free action implode it.

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-12, 04:51 AM
{Two fortitude saves for Grognak. Update incoming. Also, Altha does not have access to Fast Channel yet. How is he going to cast as a swift action?}

Beheld
2012-05-12, 11:44 AM
{Two fortitude saves for Grognak. Update incoming. Also, Altha does not have access to Fast Channel yet. How is he going to cast as a swift action?}

He didn't channel as a swift action. He channeled as a standard action. Why would you think he did?

radmelon
2012-05-12, 11:48 AM
Saves
[roll0]
[roll1]

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-12, 02:54 PM
He didn't channel as a swift action. He channeled as a standard action. Why would you think he did?

Move 11.5 spaces and use a standard action. Two moves and a standard.

Beheld
2012-05-12, 04:03 PM
It is 25ft from L8 to K3. My move speed is 30ft. Not sure where you are getting "11.5 spaces" from, especially since D&D has very clear rules on how to deal with diagonal movement that never results in a .5.

HearTheRequiem
2012-05-12, 04:27 PM
Ruby fades into view again, blasting acid at the Vile Knight before fading away once again.

Converting Ray of Enfeeblement into Lesser Orb Of Acid.
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Then, casting Swift Invisibility from the wand chamber again.

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-12, 08:30 PM
{Missed that movement call there}

The dancer turns to face the fiery blast...

{}

...but it's too late as the heat wave wastes her completely. The fey-kind chars to an ash like the insides of rotted stump, leaving only a pile of enchanted raiments. The knight in the courtyard scores a blow on the half-orc, and as his blade bites into the warrior's skin, it oozes over with a sheathe of filth. Grognak can feel his wound burst with the freezer burn of frostbitten flesh. Oblivious to his precarious position, he presses the assault in a suicidal fervor. At Grognak's heels, the plagued hound attempts to drag him down.

{Con damage: [roll]1d2
Fort save to prevent damage next round.

Loot from the dancer should be: Cloak of Resistance +1, Ring of Protection +1}

Attack: 1d20+9 for 2d8+9
Hound attack:1d20+5 for 1d6+1
Trip: 1d20+1

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-12, 08:49 PM
D'oh. Can't edit in rolls :smallsigh:

{Con damage: [roll0]
Fort save to prevent damage next round.

Loot from the dancer should be: Cloak of Resistance +1, Ring of Protection +1}

Attack: [roll1] for [roll2]
Hound attack:[roll3] for [roll4]
Trip: [roll5]}

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-12, 08:54 PM
As a sheet of manifest force flays its back, the last rabid dog fastens onto Grognak's leg with bonecrushing jaws.

Crit confirmation: [roll0]

radmelon
2012-05-12, 08:54 PM
Fort save: [roll0]
Roll fo being bitten, use as damage if less. [roll1]
Trip resist: [roll2]

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-12, 09:18 PM
{By initiative the hounds are ahead by a turn (last posted action was the Knight's. This is rounds 2-3), so unless Grognak has AC 23 the Vile Knight hits on round 3. Dunno what that puts Grognak at, seeing as he technically has an unspent round. :smallwink:}

The explosion behind-stage scores the life or death instant Grognak finds himself in. The mastiff at his heels crushes his shin between its saw-like fangs and tripping him in the vital moment. The vulgar knight's wicked blade slashes clear across the half-orcs hauberk and pumps more venom into his heart.

"HNHNHN", the laugh in the vulgar knight's throat sounded half like retching. Between the slits of his visor, Grognak spies the knight's black eyes and monstrous grin.

"Joined by blood," it growls.

{And another Fort save (DC 16, 1d4 Con) because of the hit. Grognak has an unspent turn at the end of the last round.}

Beheld
2012-05-12, 09:28 PM
Sorry, does that mean all the enemies have gone and I can declare my next action? I don't want to be responsible for holding everyone up if I should be posting.

radmelon
2012-05-12, 09:41 PM
Sorry, does that mean all the enemies have gone and I can declare my next action? I don't want to be responsible for holding everyone up if I should be posting.

Yeah, same here. Should I go? Im not 100% sure of the situation.

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-12, 10:55 PM
Yes, post a turn. Grognak has taken 34 total damage by the end of the Vile Knight's turn on round 3.

radmelon
2012-05-12, 11:09 PM
Except that I get to reroll all incoming damage and take the lower result, or are you factoring that in? Sorry for slowing down the game.

Beheld
2012-05-13, 01:02 AM
Altha runs to the other side of the stage and then the earth underneath the Vile Knight surges, pushing him around and sucking his feat in.

Altha moves to O3 and uses Strengthened Minor Earth Channel on the Vile Knight. He is entangled for two rounds, and he needs to make a trip check and beat [roll0] or fall prone. He probably has a higher bonus on the grounds of size + Str, so this is just hoping he rolls low.

EDIT: Since I rolled an 11 total, and his bonus is probably at least 8, that's not looking good for tripping.

GrassyGnoll
2012-05-13, 01:06 AM
I'm not keeping track. Did Grognak roll to keep the lower result that last time he was hit for 15?

radmelon
2012-05-13, 01:33 AM
I don't believe so. Here:
[roll0]

All of this rerolling is confusing. I have the feeling that this class would work better in IRL games.

GuyFawkes
2012-05-13, 12:19 PM
I think it would be easier to keep track of things if we kept IC stuff in the IC thread and OOC stuff in the OOC thread. But that's just me.
Ulrich

Seeing his attack did not drop the hound, he forms another barrier around its torso and implodes it.

GuyFawkes
2012-06-03, 02:09 AM
So, whose turn is it?