PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Favorite Moment/Quote

Ozfer
2012-03-29, 08:17 PM
What's your favorite moment? There are so many, that for me it's hard to decide, but in the end I have to settle on-

Sam- Eat this, there should be enough. I've been rationing it.
Frodo- Rationing it for what?
Sam- The journey home...

It's just so inspiring to me.

hivedragon
2012-03-29, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwRrysOMYs

Kindablue
2012-03-29, 08:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYwRrysOMYs

Not nearly as good as Murmurs of Middle Earth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJfGnqKoXYY).

Finn Solomon
2012-03-29, 09:19 PM
"Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth dawn. On the fifth day, look to the East."

Means more to me because my campus newspaper production takes place throughout the week and we're usually done by Friday morning.

factotum
2012-03-30, 01:25 AM
"Deserves death? I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice."--Gandalf, talking to Frodo about Gollum

gooddragon1
2012-03-30, 01:30 AM
It's the beards. -Aragorn, on distinguishing gender among Dwarves.

Feytalist
2012-03-30, 02:58 AM
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass."

It says something that I typed that from memory. Also, note that this is the original quote, from the books.

Also, (and in the movie this speech is mangled and pasted from a couple of other speeches in the book, but it is still rather epic):

"Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Omergideon
2012-03-30, 03:57 AM
Frodo: "What are we holding onto?"
Sam: "That there is some good in this world Mr Frodo. And it's worth fighting for"

Most inspiring moment in the film for me. And the whole speech before it.

Also
"The grey curtain shall be rent, and all will turn to glass. And there you see it. White shores and a sure journey to a swift sunrise." Does not make it sound so bad.

And whilst I love the films (and used to be able to recite almost all the dialogue, in time with the music, word for word), the books are better and I nearly refused to forgive them for what they did to Gimli. Especially as the movie Gimli would never say "Nay. It is enough. You have given your love to the evening, and I to the morning. Though I fear the morning shall soon be past".

Killer Angel
2012-03-30, 05:53 AM
Single citation: the obvious "You shall not pass!!!"

Most emotional moment: decisely this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WskRAEggqkQ).

pita
2012-03-30, 07:11 AM
There are so many...
Right after the OP's quote, if I remember correctly, there's a little look Frodo gives Sam, a look that, if the Academy was just, would've won Elijah Woods an Academy Award. It's a look that says "You're wrong. You're completely wrong. And I'll say nothing, because I don't want to hurt you."

Raimun
2012-03-30, 10:05 AM
Aragorn killing orcs with his sword, man!

Kidding.

The Glyphstone
2012-03-30, 11:02 AM
They're Taking The Hobbits To Isengard! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY)

Ricky S
2012-03-30, 12:27 PM
"Toss me"
"What?"
"I ca'not jump the distance you'll have to toss me... Don't tell the elf"

And that scene where legolas is standing on the hill as the wargs are charging. He fires a shot and you can hear the arrow fly and see it hit a warg. So cool, wish I could shoot that well.

Liffguard
2012-03-30, 12:43 PM
My favourite scene from both the books and the movies:

"Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to ruin, and the World's ending!! Ride to Gondor!"

Théoden seized a great horn ... and he blew such a blast upon it that it burst asunder. And straightway all the horns in the host were lifted up in music, and the blowing of the horns of Rohan in that hour was like a storm upon the plain and a thunder in the mountains.

"Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!"

Suddenly the king cried to Snowmane and the horse sprang away. Behind him his banner blew in the wind, white horse upon a field of green, but he outpaced it. After him thundered the knights of his house, but he was ever before them. Éomer rode there, the white horsetail on his helm floating in his speed, and the front of the first éored roared like a breaker foaming to the shore, but Théoden could not be overtaken. Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new tire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. His golden shield was uncovered, and lo! it shone like an image of the Sun, and the grass flamed into green about the white feet of his steed. For morning came, morning and a wind from the sea; and the darkness was removed, and the hosts of Mordor wailed, and terror took them, and they fled, and died, and the hoofs of wrath rode over them. And then all the host of Rohan burst into song, and they sang as they slew, for the joy of battle was on them, and the sound of their singing that was fair and terrible came even to the City.

WalkingTarget
2012-03-30, 02:37 PM

"Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to ruin, and the World's ending!! Ride to Gondor!"

Théoden seized a great horn ... and he blew such a blast upon it that it burst asunder. And straightway all the horns in the host were lifted up in music, and the blowing of the horns of Rohan in that hour was like a storm upon the plain and a thunder in the mountains.

Suddenly the king cried to Snowmane and the horse sprang away. Behind him his banner blew in the wind, white horse upon a field of green, but he outpaced it. After him thundered the knights of his house, but he was ever before them. Éomer rode there, the white horsetail on his helm floating in his speed, and the front of the first éored roared like a breaker foaming to the shore, but Théoden could not be overtaken. Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new tire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. His golden shield was uncovered, and lo! it shone like an image of the Sun, and the grass flamed into green about the white feet of his steed. For morning came, morning and a wind from the sea; and the darkness was removed, and the hosts of Mordor wailed, and terror took them, and they fled, and died, and the hoofs of wrath rode over them. And then all the host of Rohan burst into song, and they sang as they slew, for the joy of battle was on them, and the sound of their singing that was fair and terrible came even to the City.

Theoden's speech here gives me shivers. Every. Time.

Not my favorite part, though.

That goes to Samwise.

"'Come, Mr. Frodo!' he cried. 'I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you and it as well. So up you get!'"

It's not particularly epic, no great speech in the grand scheme of things, but it sums up a lot of what makes Sam who he is. They're both exhausted, water and food all but gone, his friend collapses from exertion, and Sam carries him up a f***ing mountain because that's what needed to be done.

Pokonic
2012-03-30, 03:30 PM
Ahem:

"Tree? I....am.....no.....Trreeeee. I am a Ent."

Ravens_cry
2012-03-30, 04:03 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJdzn6yOr-8) sent chills up and down my spine when I saw it the first time and it still does.
"And then you see it . . . white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise."
A very powerful moment.

Ozfer
2012-03-30, 07:44 PM
Nice quotes :smallsmile:. And yes, Frodo's "Your wrong" look was awesome :smallwink:.

KillianHawkeye
2012-03-31, 09:14 AM
I've always been partial to the inspirational battle speeches. Especially Aragorn's "But it will not be this day" speech at the Black Gate. Theoden had a few good ones, too.

Aotrs Commander
2012-03-31, 09:35 AM
"Die now and curse in vain!"

Unquestionably the

Best.

Quote.

Ever.

grimbold
2012-03-31, 09:39 AM
The but not this day speech is the best thing ever

Ozfer
2012-03-31, 10:54 AM
Really? Personally, I think Theoden had the best speech in Return of the King.

Feytalist
2012-04-02, 04:52 AM
Really? Personally, I think Theoden had the best speech in Return of the King.

Theoden had all the best speeches. Nevermind who actually had them in the books originally.

"Where now the horse and rider? Where now the horn that was blowing?"

That was a poem in the books originally. Which Tolkien actually took from a particularly epic Old English poem named The Wanderer.

Jan Mattys
2012-04-02, 05:01 AM
Best The Lord of the Rings moment:

“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.

All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen.
"You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"
The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.
"Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.

And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the city, a **** crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of war nor of wizardry, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.
And as if in answer there came from far away another note.
Horns, horns, horns, in dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed.
Great horns of the north wildly blowing.

Rohan had come at last.”

That's just epic.

Brother Oni
2012-04-02, 06:40 AM
They're Taking The Hobbits To Isengard! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY)

Mine and my daughter's too. :smallbiggrin:

Aotrs Commander
2012-04-04, 06:50 AM
Best The Lord of the Rings moment:

“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.

All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen.
"You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!"
The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.
"Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.

And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the city, a **** crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of war nor of wizardry, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn.
And as if in answer there came from far away another note.
Horns, horns, horns, in dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed.
Great horns of the north wildly blowing.

Rohan had come at last.”

That's just epic.

Exactly.

And this is why the Witch-King is my hero.

Also, *snerk* filter.

DigoDragon
2012-04-04, 07:36 AM
"That still only counts as one!!"

Aotrs Commander
2012-04-04, 07:52 AM
"That still only counts as one!!"

That was very probably the best quote from the movie-exclusive dialogue.

(It helps Legolas was always my favourite good guy.

It also means Rolemaster was probably quite a bit out when the only made him level 8...!)

Hazzardevil
2012-04-04, 07:55 AM
Mine is:
"Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie."

of course Blind Guardian does it better. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMqozfGT9pM#t=0m45s)

I also liked:
"Nobody tosses a dwarf!"

polity4life
2012-04-04, 11:28 AM
I believe this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URmQXIeVpN8) deserves at least a mention.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have something in my eye that requires immediate attention.

thorgrim29
2012-04-04, 11:41 AM
Well, now I'm gonna have to read LOTR again... hope you guys are happy.

Timeless Error
2012-04-04, 12:35 PM

I have reread this scene (and re-watched the movie version of it) countless times. In my opinion, it is by far the most inspiring scene in the book (and movie).

Traab
2012-04-04, 12:42 PM
I would have followed you. My brother. My Captain. My King. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBSLBl-64fk)

I have reread this scene (and re-watched the movie version of it) countless times. In my opinion, it is by far the most inspiring scene in the book (and movie).

I agree, I only wish they could have included the part with him blowing the horn so strongly it shattered in the movie. It would have been awesome to see and hear him put that much into it.

Aotrs Commander
2012-04-04, 01:07 PM
The BBC radioshow's version of several of the songs but some serious bones on the poetry.

One of my favourite is the March of the Ents (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5YwMpSN6CU).

And for Theoden and the Rohirrim, how about...

Forth Rode the King (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfAEmLxjGT0&feature=related)?

And my absolute favourite (one which I even sing myself atimes) the Lay of Gil-Galad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U65VVlgqVCM&feature=relmfu).

oblivion6
2012-04-04, 11:55 PM
king theoden and aragorns speeches in the return of the king.

and of course legolas shield surfing down stairs while felling urak's with his longbow

Gnoman
2012-04-05, 04:24 PM
"So it seems," said Faramir, slowly and very softly, with a strange smile. "So that is the answer to all the riddles! The One Ring that was thought to have perished from the world. And Boromir tried to take it by force? And you escaped? And ran all the way - to me! And here in the wild I have you: two halflings, and a host of men at my call, and the Ring of Rings. A pretty stroke of fortune! A chance for Faramir, Captain of Gondor, to show his quality! Ha!" He stood up, very tall and stern, his grey eyes glinting.
Frodo and Sam sprang from their stools and set themselves side by side with their backs to the wall, fumbling for their sword-hilts. There was a silence. All the men in the cave stopped talking and looked towards them in wonder. But Faramir sat down again in his chair and began to laugh quietly, and then suddenly became grave again.

"Alas for Boromir! It was too sore a trial! ' he said. "How you have increased my sorrow, you two strange wanderers from a far country, bearing the peril of Men! But you are less judges of Men than I of Halflings. We are truth-speakers, we men of Gondor. We boast seldom, and then perform, or die in the attempt. Not if I found it on the highway would I take it I said. Even if I were such a man as to desire this thing, and even though I knew not clearly what this thing was when I spoke, still I should take those words as a vow, and be held by them.

"But I am not such a man. Or I am wise enough to know that there are some perils from which a man must flee. Sit at peace! And be comforted, Samwise. If you seem to have stumbled, think that it was fated to be so. Your heart is shrewd as well as faithful, and saw clearer than your eyes. For strange though it may seem, it was safe to declare this to me. It may even help the master that you love. It shall turn to his good, if it is in my power. So be comforted. But do not even name this thing again aloud. Once is enough."

Probably one of the greatest of all the human characters, I think.

Traab
2012-04-06, 06:47 AM
Probably one of the greatest of all the human characters, I think.

Here is the thing though. Yes, he was clearly strong willed enough to reject the ring, but he only had to do it once, after a brief exposure to its influence. Boromir WANTED the ring, wanted it brought to gondor to be used, and he even HELD the damn thing briefly, and still was able to give it back willingly. I honestly wonder if faramir would have lasted longer than boromir in fighting off its continual attempts to influence those around it. Im not even sure exactly how long the fellowship was together from rivendell to the parting of ways when he died.

hamishspence
2012-04-06, 10:22 AM
Boromir WANTED the ring, wanted it brought to gondor to be used, and he even HELD the damn thing briefly, and still was able to give it back willingly.

Movie only.

Just as the above Faramir quote is book-only.

May say something about the different ways of performing the same characters- with Peter Jackson trying to make Boromir's later failure as sympathetic as possible- and downplaying Faramir's good side.

Traab
2012-04-06, 12:00 PM
Movie only.

Just as the above Faramir quote is book-only.

May say something about the different ways of performing the same characters- with Peter Jackson trying to make Boromir's later failure as sympathetic as possible- and downplaying Faramir's good side.

Are you sure? I cant find my copy of fellowship, but I could have sworn boromir wanted to take the ring to gondor right from the start. He may not have wanted to claim it personally, but he was in favor of using the ring and not destroying it. Though he went along with the councils decision. When they got blocked by sarumon at caradras I thought he tried again to get them to change their minds and go to gondor. I do know they screwed with faramirs character noticeably though, I was disappointed to see them pull that.

factotum
2012-04-06, 12:07 PM

The special features on the LOTR extended edition DVD has one of the writers saying, "If we had Faramir say that he would not pick this thing up if he found it lying by the roadside, that would completely destroy the power we'd built up around the Ring!"--which to my mind just shows that they either didn't understand, or else couldn't represent in movie form, just how subtle the Ring's influence was. If Faramir had been exposed to the Ring's temptation for the same amount of time Boromir was, he might well have fallen himself; in fact, him saying he would leave the ring there might indicate that he knew this himself and didn't want to risk falling under its spell.

As for Boromir, the whole point of his death scene is to be his penance for attempting to take the Ring by force; we didn't need any precursor to that, or at least, we wouldn't have done if his death scene in the movie had one-tenth of the emotional impact of the one in the book.

(Don't get me wrong, I liked the films in themselves, but LOTR they weren't--I think Peter Jackson just proved Tolkien's oft-quoted opinion that the novels were unfilmable).

WalkingTarget
2012-04-06, 02:11 PM
Are you sure? I cant find my copy of fellowship, but I could have sworn boromir wanted to take the ring to gondor right from the start. He may not have wanted to claim it personally, but he was in favor of using the ring and not destroying it. Though he went along with the councils decision. When they got blocked by sarumon at caradras I thought he tried again to get them to change their minds and go to gondor. I do know they screwed with faramirs character noticeably though, I was disappointed to see them pull that.

Boromir wanted to take the Ring to Minas Tirith in the book (or at least, he wanted the Fellowship to head there rather than directly to Mordor).

He never held the Ring. Indeed, the only time I can think that he even saw it was at the Council in Rivendell.

Traab
2012-04-06, 04:36 PM
Boromir wanted to take the Ring to Minas Tirith in the book (or at least, he wanted the Fellowship to head there rather than directly to Mordor).

He never held the Ring. Indeed, the only time I can think that he even saw it was at the Council in Rivendell.

Huh, could have sworn the scene in the movie where frodo falls and boromir picked up the ring was in the book. Time dulls all memories. Regardless though, I think boromir did a pretty damn fine job all things considered. he didnt just go from altruistic hero of man to raving psycho overnight, the ring had what, weeks worth of time to whisper in his mind, to slowly wear down his self control? Like I said, I think the time frame of rivendell to when the fellowship broke up is kind of vague, but it had to have been a few weeks at least.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-06, 05:15 PM
He picks up the chain it is on, yes, with the ring on it, but not the ring itself.

Traab
2012-04-06, 06:41 PM
He picks up the chain it is on, yes, with the ring on it, but not the ring itself.

You dont think that that is enough? The ring exerts its control over a distance, not through direct contact only. Just SEEING the ring increases the pull it exerts. Holding the chain its on means its probably close enough to be felt even more. My main point was that boromir was in close contact with the ring on several occasions. So he couldnt be compared unfavorably to faramir for falling to the rings corruption, since he basically had to put up with it 100x as long.

oblivion6
2012-04-06, 06:51 PM
boromoirs awesome. IMO he showed remarkable resiliance against the effects of the ring. and even when he did try to take it, he redeemed himself in the end

Traab
2012-04-06, 07:04 PM
boromoirs awesome. IMO he showed remarkable resiliance against the effects of the ring. and even when he did try to take it, he redeemed himself in the end

Yeah, a quick shock of him tripping and he brought himself back under control. Though I doubt it would have lasted much longer had they stayed near each other.

Wyntonian
2012-04-06, 07:34 PM
I have a tendency, during the Cross Country season, to give speeches before races. Most of these are drawn from film. Most of these are drawn from Lord of the Rings. I've done Aragorn before the Black Gate "But it is not this day!", Theoden, and pretty much every other good one from the movies.

My coach gave me the Coach's Choice award for it, too.

The_Snark
2012-04-06, 11:34 PM
The BBC radioshow's version of several of the songs but some serious bones on the poetry.

One of my favourite is the March of the Ents (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5YwMpSN6CU).

And for Theoden and the Rohirrim, how about...

Forth Rode the King (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfAEmLxjGT0&feature=related)?

And my absolute favourite (one which I even sing myself atimes) the Lay of Gil-Galad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U65VVlgqVCM&feature=relmfu).

Oh wow, thanks for these. I loved the BBC radio version - I remember listening to it yearly while the films were coming out. I never knew there was an extended soundtrack for it.

I'm pretty partial to The Tree Lords (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OdsaUjCTM0&feature=channel) myself.

You dont think that that is enough? The ring exerts its control over a distance, not through direct contact only. Just SEEING the ring increases the pull it exerts. Holding the chain its on means its probably close enough to be felt even more. My main point was that boromir was in close contact with the ring on several occasions. So he couldnt be compared unfavorably to faramir for falling to the rings corruption, since he basically had to put up with it 100x as long.

But I think you nailed it earlier: Boromir argued for using the Ring at the Council of Elrond, before it had gotten much of a chance to work on him, while Faramir rejected the idea right from the start. Faramir would have fared better because the Ring simply had less to work with.

Don't get me wrong, I love Boromir. His weakness—or vulnerability, if you prefer—is a very sympathetic one: he wants to save his people from their slow decay under Mordor's siege, and the Ring plays on this desire. And he does resist the lure for some time*, honoring the Council's decision to send the Ring into Mordor even if he disagrees.

*Two months in Rivendell and two on the road, to be precise. Tolkien put some very detailed timelines in the appendices. See here. (http://www.lordotrings.com/books/timeline.asp)

The movies handled Boromir nicely, I thought, but they missed the point when it came to Faramir. He wasn't supposed to be simply Boromir's little brother, trying to do what he thought Boromir would have done in his place; he was his own person. I can sort of see why they did it, I guess, because that sort of Galahad-esque purity can be a hard sell for modern audiences, but it's still a shame.

WalkingTarget
2012-04-07, 09:51 AM
Huh, could have sworn the scene in the movie where frodo falls and boromir picked up the ring was in the book. Time dulls all memories.

Time dulls all, true, but I don't think I've got that wrong. At the very least, there's no comparable scene on Caradhras in the book. He picks Frodo up out of the snow (after they'd made what camp they could and before Gandalf lights a fire - right when he tells Gandalf that "This will be the death of the halflings"), but Frodo doesn't stumble and "lose" the Ring at any point on the mountain. It's only a few pages in the book - there's not much to overlook.

The line he says in the film at that point, “Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing?" was originally in the Breaking of the Fellowship chapter at the end of Fellowship when he's trying to convince Frodo to give him the Ring.

Indeed, the very next line is "And I have seen it only for an instant in the house of Elrond! Could I not have a sight of it again?" which pretty much kills the idea that he held it (even on the chain). It shows how insidious the Ring's pull is, though. He only saw it once, briefly, 4 months previously (Council of Elrond on October 25, Boromir's death February 26 according to Appendix B), but it still gnawed at him enough to make him resort to force.

Funny how films (in general - this is by no means the only case) can be striking enough to make people insert their interpretations backwards into the source material.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-07, 10:00 AM
Oh, I thought we were referring to the movies there. That is what I was referring to.

WalkingTarget
2012-04-07, 10:48 AM
Oh, I thought we were referring to the movies there. That is what I was referring to.

I couldn't tell if you were saying that it was in the book or if you were just clarifying a point of distinction between holding the Ring or holding the chain the Ring was on. I quoted you as well to make the point explicit. No biggie. :smallsmile:

Ravens_cry
2012-04-07, 10:53 AM
I couldn't tell if you were saying that it was in the book or if you were just clarifying a point of distinction between holding the Ring or holding the chain the Ring was on. I quoted you as well to make the point explicit. No biggie. :smallsmile:
As you say, no biggie. No smallie or mediumie either.:smalltongue: