PDA

View Full Version : Cleric of Wee Jas

Thumperganker
2012-03-29, 09:53 PM
Ok i'm building a cleric of Wee Jas, looking through i've decided to go with Domination and Death domains (from an expanded list of wee jas domains) . A charm em, if they die raise em. Thats as far as i've gotten, i'm to make a 12th level character, dm prefers non-human, LA races are allowed. Any suggestions from the masses?

Particle_Man
2012-03-29, 11:03 PM
You might like the Ruby Knight Vindicator prestige class in the Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords - you lose a few levels of cleric (2 in the class and probably 1 to take a level of Crusader, although the latter is not strictly necessary) but you gain access to a lot of nice abilities. It is one of the few prestige classes specifically designed for worshippers of Wee Jas. The damn thing is just dripping with flavour!

At the very least, you might want to go for the Leadership feat and get a RSV as a cohort. For the Flavour.

LA races - hmmmmm. What sources? You could be a VERY renegade female drow, perhaps.

Feralventas
2012-03-29, 11:22 PM
"Any suggestions from the masses?"

Suggestions go At the masses, not from. However if there are a mass of people casting suggestion at you, suggesting back at them is not as advisable.

Necropolitan works well; undeath with no LA.
Any number of the Fey options would work for it, emphasizing the charm and deception aspects of their heritage.

Aegis013
2012-03-29, 11:27 PM
The Cleric Handbook has a slew of good +LA racial options for cleric. I'll list a few.
+1 LA
Chaos Gnome (races of stone)
Uldra (frostburn)
Goliath (races of stone)
Aasimar (MM/races of destiny)
Zenythri (MM2)
+2 LA
Githzerai (MM)
Half-Ogre (races of destiny)
Domovoi (frostburn)
Lumi (MM3)

Harry
2012-03-29, 11:55 PM
Necropolitan is 0 LA you really should go ruby knight vindicator here's a easy simple and strong build crusader 8/ur priest 2/ruby knight vindicator here's one if you don't want ur priest Cleric 4/Crusader 1/RKV 10/Contemplative 5 is a little More complicated but still really strong and really fun :smallsmile: Race wise you could play a Phrenic human as long as you are allowed LA buy off hope this helped:smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2012-03-30, 12:21 AM
Are you deadset on the Death Domain? It's... not a very good one IIRC. Deathbound domain, on the other hand, is just plain sweet.

Falin
2012-03-30, 12:31 AM
Necroelementals are hard core. Try to get one as a cohort.

Thumperganker
2012-03-31, 02:10 PM
As far as sources for races go, its open to anything, preferably non-human for the campaign.

Not sure what "RSV" is, or was it "RSW"? Either way not sure

Where would i find Necroelementals?

I'm not dead set on the Death Domain, it had the raise dead spells in it and touch of death for domain ability sounded fun, even if it is only daily

I have to look up the classes, though if Ruby Knight Vidicator is pretty Wee Jas specific than it may be what i'm looking for.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions so far, if you have any more please feel free. First time on the forum posting, so took me awhile to find my own post lol. Thanks again

MrRigger
2012-03-31, 02:23 PM
IIRC, Deathbound has an increase to your Animate Dead pool, which is a lot more useful than the Touch of Death for your aspiring necromancer. Ruby Knight Vindicator is a Wee Jas specific PrC found on page 122 of Tome of Battle.

For non-human races, look at Strongheart Halflings (Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting), Whisper Gnome (Races of Stone), Illumian (Races of Destiny), and Changeling (MM3 or Eberron Campaign Setting). If you're looking for something really out there, check out the Buomman or Neraphim from the Planar Handbook.

MrRigger

Harry
2012-03-31, 04:03 PM
As far as sources for races go, its open to anything, preferably non-human for the campaign.

Not sure what "RSV" is, or was it "RSW"? Either way not sure

Where would i find Necroelementals?

I'm not dead set on the Death Domain, it had the raise dead spells in it and touch of death for domain ability sounded fun, even if it is only daily

I have to look up the classes, though if Ruby Knight Vidicator is pretty Wee Jas specific than it may be what i'm looking for.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions so far, if you have any more please feel free. First time on the forum posting, so took me awhile to find my own post lol. Thanks again

RSV stands for ruby knight vindicator race wise I agree you should try playing a strongheart halfling

Agent 451
2012-03-31, 04:19 PM
Okay, now I'm lost. How does RSV stand for Ruby Knight Vindicator if there is no "s" in the name at all?

Thumperganker
2012-03-31, 04:51 PM
Ruby Knight seems more of the melee type than i want to be. The game i'm going to be in is already melee heavy, so i'm going more support. Truly not worried about dealing damage myself. More about controling others to do it for me, or take it for me, whatever the case my be.

Yes if Deathbound increases undead stuff, i may switch to that, though i will miss the opportunity to say "TOUCH OF DEATH!!"

Coidzor
2012-03-31, 07:06 PM
Yes if Deathbound increases undead stuff, i may switch to that, though i will miss the opportunity to say "TOUCH OF DEATH!!"

You don't wanna be in melee between the rest of the party and your undead.

OK. In that case, when would you ever be making use of such a subpar once a day melee touch attack?

Death Domain isn't doing you any favors.

The Ogre
2012-03-31, 07:15 PM
Ruby Knight seems more of the melee type than i want to be. The game i'm going to be in is already melee heavy, so i'm going more support. Truly not worried about dealing damage myself. More about controling others to do it for me, or take it for me, whatever the case my be.

The only problem with the Deathbound domain is that only clerics of Afflux and clerics based on following an ideal/philosophy have access to it. Alternatively, you could always take the Heretic of the Faith feat and choose the Deathbound domain.

Speaking of Afflux, he does offer quite a bit of sweet domain choices for clerics. The domains he offers are Deathbound, Evil, Knowledge, and Undeath. Ideally, you'll want to be a cloistered cleric with the Deathbound and Undeath domains. You'll be a necromancer with all of the Knowledge skills as class skills (thanks to getting the Knowledge domain for free), additional skill points that the traditional cleric lacks, additional spells added to your spell list, and free bardic lore. This way you can do other things to support the party during those periods of time when you're not reanimating corpses and other dark things in the name of Afflux.

Calanon
2012-03-31, 07:58 PM
Necroelementals are hard core. Try to get one as a cohort.

Why have it as a Cohort when you can just make one yourself? :smallamused:

Thumperganker
2012-03-31, 09:23 PM
Good point on the touch of death requiring me to be closer than i plan to be.

I don't know what they are yet, but you can make necroelementals?

So maybe i should be leaning more towards necromancy if i want to stay some distance away from things, prestige classes than? or other classes that would be benefitial?

The Ogre
2012-03-31, 10:38 PM
How much cheese do you want your character to accomplish? Because clerics are quite capable of doing so.

Are you still set on going with Wee Jas as your cleric's patron deity? Her domain choices aren't going allow you to be a hardcore necromancer. Wee Jas does offer a few good domains (Law, Magic, Mind, and Planning are the mention worthy ones that come to my mind) if you weren't intending to go the all out necromancer route.

Strormer
2012-03-31, 11:30 PM
My best cleric was a straight 20 cleric of wee jas necro. My suggestion, get your dm to allow you to use the corpsecrafter feats with the summon undead spells. Not too strong, but a ton of fun.

Set
2012-04-01, 11:46 AM
Master of Shrouds is pretty thematic for a cleric of Wee Jas.

The Magic Domain allows for you to use wizard magic items (such as a wand of spectral hand) to deliver those inflict wounds, etc. touch spells while remaining outside of hand-to-hand combat.

That's pretty much as far as I got with my Cleric of Wee Jas, back in the day. Spectral hand to deliver healing and inflicting from the back lines, and Master of Shrouds to use incorporeal undead as gumbies.

Guide for Master of Shrouds here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3310.0).

Thumperganker
2012-04-01, 01:30 PM
I'm not dead set on Wee Jas, just kinda wanted to actually have a patron deity for flavour.

Domination is one of the domains i get, so controling type.

I don't want to get straight necro, i want to have the ability to control living and dead.

Taking a varient from PHB2 that allows me to spontaneously cast domain spells instead of cure/inflict

Andvare
2012-04-02, 01:59 AM
I'd suggest taking the Chain Spell feat, together with Divine Metamagic Chain Spell.
Chained Hold Person is just fun.

Calanon
2012-04-02, 02:50 AM
I'd suggest taking the Chain Spell feat, together with Divine Metamagic Chain Spell.
Chained Hold Person is just fun.

Yes, I to have no idea why Mass, Hold Person was never placed on the Clerics spell list :smallannoyed:

Coidzor
2012-04-02, 02:57 AM
Ye might say it was a bit of a clerical oversight.

Andvare
2012-04-02, 04:51 AM
Ye might say it was a bit of a clerical oversight.

Ba-dum chi! (http://instantrimshot.com/)

Thumperganker
2012-04-03, 04:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the help :)