PDA

View Full Version : Getting the 'Evil' Subtype

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-03-29, 11:07 PM
Ok, I have been working on something and I need a way to permanently get the 'Evil' subtype on a human without using the ritual of alignment. I have looked but haven't found anything worthy of note. So does anyone know a way to do this?

Particle_Man
2012-03-30, 12:27 AM
Incarnate 20 (with evil alignment, of course)?

Thurbane
2012-03-30, 01:41 AM
I was going to recommend the Vasharan from BoVD, but I just checked, and they don't actually get the subtype...

Aeryr
2012-03-30, 01:49 AM
I asked that a few moons ago. There is a ritual in savage species.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-03-30, 02:01 AM
I asked that a few moons ago. There is a ritual in savage species.

I am fully aware of the ritual, but I am looking for a way that doesn't involve using it. Oh ye who doesn't read the op...

without using the ritual of alignment.

Jeraa
2012-03-30, 02:10 AM
As far as I know, there is no other way to gain the evil subtype, except that ritual, or being a 20th level incarnate (Magic of Incarnum).

Thurbane
2012-03-30, 02:18 AM
Divine Minion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) template?

Igneel
2012-03-30, 02:18 AM
Its not a common known fact, but technically the Kaorti from Fiend Folio is a template that can be applied to humanoids that grants Outsider type and Evil Subtype for +2 LA, along with some nice boosts but lousy Material Weakness.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-03-30, 03:13 AM
Divine Minion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) template?

That works, I am not familiar with this pantheon, can someone direct me to the book it's in or which ones are evil?

Frog Dragon
2012-03-30, 03:56 AM
Sebek is NE. Set is LE. They're in Forgotten Realms: Faiths and Pantheons

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-03-30, 04:47 AM
Its not a common known fact, but technically the Kaorti from Fiend Folio is a template that can be applied to humanoids that grants Outsider type and Evil Subtype for +2 LA, along with some nice boosts but lousy Material Weakness.

Technically, the Kaorti "template" is +2 HD and +2 LA. The +2 LA is possibly avoidable (LA-Buy Off), but the gained hit dice are there to stay. The silver lining is that said HD give all good saves, good BAB, and 8+INT for skills. The racial class skills aren't bad, either.

kardar233
2012-03-30, 06:39 AM
Technically, the Kaorti "template" is +2 HD and +2 LA. The +2 LA is possibly avoidable (LA-Buy Off), but the gained hit dice are there to stay. The silver lining is that said HD give all good saves, good BAB, and 8+INT for skills. The racial class skills aren't bad, either.

And you can keep a Kaorti Resin weapon around without having to use Shapechange shenanigans to keep the resin fresh. Big bonus if you're a critfisher.

Necroticplague
2012-03-30, 06:59 AM

You can get rid of RHD, it just requires some level drain being in your background (like being attacked by vampires).