PDA

View Full Version : Help me to find small (ingame) gifts for the group.

Garwain
2012-03-30, 02:59 AM
Once we arrive back to civilization, I plan to buy small some small presents for the other characters in the group (lvl5) as a token of appreciation. Max 50 gp each, does not have to be 'oh my god awesome, over 9000!', but just something nice, fun, weird or usefull. Sources: mostly anything non-setting 3.5.

group:
- female bard, giggles when in danger, perfoms (lire and song), longsword and crossbow, loves her riding horse.
- female sorcerer, magic missile shooter, affinity with dragons, acquired a familiar hawk.
- gnome fighter, admires the dwarves, collects and caries the heads from notable wins, low charisma, acts as meat shield, is very fond of his riding dog. Also comic relief and stunt man.

for now I have:
for the bard: Song Collar (Races of Stone, p160) 15gp
for the sorcerer: no idea
for the fighter: no idea.

Baldin
2012-03-30, 04:29 AM
Eey,

Are you looking for usefull items or realy just tokens of apriciation?

If the later, for the gnome, due to his admiration of the dwarves, you might want to buy him a silver holy symbol of Moradin.

Averis Vol
2012-03-30, 04:52 AM
maybe a hawkers glove for the sorcerer (not a listed item but eh, it keeps you from getting all cut up by your bird) or maybe a shiny new robe and for the fighter maybe pay for his armor to be outfitted with spikes if it already isn't or buy him a fancy collar for the mutt, if neither of these work nothing says "i want you alive" more than a potion of cure light wounds :smallbiggrin:

Pilo
2012-03-30, 05:03 AM
For the Sorcerer a copper circlet with a carnelian gem on it (closer than 55 gp) may be nice.

Ranting Fool
2012-03-30, 05:10 AM
For the Gnome maybe pay an NPC to do some taxidermy type thing with the heads for him if he hasn't got the skill, maybe pay to have his fav skull made more shiny with gems/Silver/Carvings

Kol Korran
2012-03-30, 06:34 AM
I'd suggest to maybe talk to the DM to allow crafting simple flavorful magicla items that have no actual "power", but that might be nice.

we really need more info on the party, but a few ideas that might be fun:
Sorceres
- gloves/ arm braces that change the appearance of her magical missiles (though they can be easily disbelieved, and full no one, just a thematic effect). they could like like screeching hawks or miniature flying dragons.

- robes on which the image of a tiny dragon (or dragons?) slowly move.

- a head band that echos the soreceress words in draconic, just on the edge of hearing, giving her a slight echo.

- or you could go with some masterwork item (+2 to skill) such as a really fancy looking cloak that makes people more impressed of her. (inviting her cloth shopping)

gnome fighter on a dog
- a finely crafted dwarven beer mug that speaks some hearty salute every time it is drank from.

- a minor enchantment on his helm, necklace, weapon, shield that coutns the number of people he fell, keeping tally. (ooh! on one of his skulls!)

- other stuff: masterwork proffesion (taxidermy) tools (+2 to the skill, 50gp), or perhaps you can make a mount's unifrom for the dog, representing the gnome somehow?

i hope this helps.

Garwain
2012-03-30, 06:58 AM
All good ideas!

For the gnome fighter, I'm now thinking in the line of maybe some sort of device to magically send the head to the taxidermist and back? Or a loyal crafter that follows us? or better, an unseen servant with taxidermy skills. Does that exist?
Or maybe better, a custom item that grants the 'Throphy Collector' feat from PHB2? How would the cost be calculated?

For the sorcerer, the +2 intimidate cloak seems like a fun idea, especially with some dragon theme embroidered on. Moving dragons will make it cost too much, no? According to the rules of craft wondrous item, that's at least 2000gp for a continous prestigitation.

Acanous
2012-03-30, 07:07 AM
A Bottle of Dwarven Garnet Ale for the Gnome, a coupon for the Sorceror (50 GP off your next Knowstone purchase at Mac's Magic Mart!)

nedz
2012-03-30, 01:04 PM
Scrolls for the Sorceror (of spells they don't have)
12 gp for a cantrip or 25 gp for a level 1 spell.

Dwarven hireling for the Gnome.

Slipperychicken
2012-03-30, 01:50 PM
For the sorcerer, the +2 intimidate cloak seems like a fun idea, especially with some dragon theme embroidered on. Moving dragons will make it cost too much, no? According to the rules of craft wondrous item, that's at least 2000gp for a continous prestigitation.

Having the dragons "move" is not nearly as valuable as at-will Prestidigitation (only one non-beneficial use, and I don't think prestidigitation can do that anyway). It's fluff, thus not mechanically beneficial, thus doesn't need to come out of WBL (you don't charge the Wizard for the stars-and-moons design on his robes, for example).

I think the idea of non-mechanical "cool" items is much better, since it enhances the experience/immersion without needing to worry about game balance.

Helpful (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233525) Threads (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159869)

Particle_Man
2012-03-30, 02:34 PM
Zombie puppies. Because everyone likes puppies, and you don't have to feed these ones. :smallbiggrin: