PDA

View Full Version : [PF/Eberron] Detect a shapeshifter (changeling) with a low-level spell?

sol_kanar
2012-03-30, 04:57 AM
Hey!

I am playing a Pathfinder one-shot in the Eberron campaign setting and we have an Artificer in the group.

Last session we were trying to follow a changeling, so we were wondering: is there any way to detect a shapeshifter or reveal his/her true form with a low-level spell (like 1st-3rd)?

By browsing through splatbooks, I found the "Discern Bloodline" from Races of Destiny, but I am not sure that our DM will let us use it, since he prefers that we only exploit PF core spells and/or spells that appear on Eberron books (Faiths of Eberron, Magic of Eberron and so on). I found nothing so far, but I don't own them all, so I might have missed something.

So, I am now interrogating the wisdom of the Forum! A cheap magic item would also be ok :-)

supermonkeyjoe
2012-03-30, 05:09 AM
Discern shapechanger, level 3 sorcerer/wizard spell on page 184 of races of eberron should do what you need, lets you see the true form of any shapechanger within 60 feet, only lasts 1 round per level though so you'd better have a fairly good idea where you're looking.

sol_kanar
2012-03-30, 06:29 AM
Thanks! Races of Eberron was obviously one of the sourcebooks I was missing :-D