PDA

View Full Version : Shop for my Gnome!

Augulus
2012-03-30, 01:43 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm starting a new campaign tonight, and I've just finished creating my character concept. Its pretty simple, as I play fairly unoptimized, going for flavor and fun over power.

That being said, I'm playing a wizard :smalltongue:

My lvl 5 gnome wizard is focused on illusions and transmutations, mostly. Not incredibly useful in combat, but it should be fun everywhere else (and the campaign is very combat light).

So, I have 16000 gp to spend on mundane/magic items. I've never really played a wizard before, so I'm at a loss on what to buy. Any suggestions??

Torben Raibeart
2012-03-30, 01:51 PM
Lesser rod of extend is your friend. Especially at low levels where your spells have a rather short duration. Handy Haversack is also fantastic, allowing you to carry around stuff only a move action away from being in your hands. If you plan on using Disquise Self, then Boots of Striding and Springing might be useful so that people does not wonder why the elf is moving so slowly...

Igneel
2012-03-30, 02:00 PM
Not an item generally thought as a 'wizard' item, but its helpful for Gnome Illusionists all the same. The Nugget of Garl Glittergold holy symbol (Complete Champion, pg 134) costs 350gp, and grants +1 Caster Level when casting Trickery Domain and/or Illusion spells as long as you are holding it (doesn't say its Divine spells only). One of the cheapest Caster Level increasing items I can think of off the top of my mind.

Augulus
2012-03-30, 05:24 PM
Lesser rod of extend is your friend. Especially at low levels where your spells have a rather short duration. Handy Haversack is also fantastic, allowing you to carry around stuff only a move action away from being in your hands. If you plan on using Disquise Self, then Boots of Striding and Springing might be useful so that people does not wonder why the elf is moving so slowly...

Thanks! That's just the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I'll browse around, and if anyone else has some ideas, please post!