PDA

View Full Version : Is the a game like this?

johnroth
2012-03-30, 02:22 PM
So I recently got into Shadowrun and it's a lot of fun. I'm playing 3rd edition and I love the system. I kind of would like to play the game in a more fantasy based setting, and my brain has already been creating a world for that. But I don't want to do a conversion of Shadowrun's current rules to accomadate this. I have read of Earthdawn, but I'm not quite sure this will fit my needs. I'm going to give details of the world and setting I'm building and see if anyone knows of a system that may fit my needs, or if I need to go about the task of converting things in Shadowrun to fit my needs. (WHich I would like to avoid if at all possible.)

Sorry, in advance, if I'm just sort of all over the place.

The setting is further down the line in the future of Shadowrun. Life took too great an advantage of Earth and it's resources, and the planet has become a dead husk, unable to support life. A team of human scientist found a planet they believed could support life and used Earth's few remaining resources to develop a ship that could take as many humans as possible to this new planet to start life anew. They were able to make it there, but the ship crash landed on the planet. In addtion to about 90,000 humans the ship also contained many technologies and equipment to help support the people on this new world.

The PC's would be humans in the second generation of humans who survived the crash. Some techonlogies still work, but will only do so in the "grid" established within the human's first city. Vehicles and cyberware still exsist, but once a person goes outside of the city limits their tech will need to run on aux or alternatitive power, both of which either don't last long or are hard to come by.

This world is also high in magic. There are other fantasy races who live on this planet, born onto the world from the Great Mother Soul, the soul of the planet. Common fantasy fare such as dwarves, elves, trolls, giants, and then some races I'm creating such as Ratakin (Squirrel race descendent from Ratatoskr), Fenrikin (Were-wolf esque humanoids descendent from Fenrir), etc. And some Norse specific races like the Aseir.

The human's technologies are fading as time goes by, through use and ill-repair. Human's can use magic, so adepts and magicians still exsist, but they do not share the same connection to the planet that the other races possess. They can speak with and seek guidence from the Mother Soul, and therefore have a much stronger magical connection to her. The humans are skeptical of this. They believe that the other races are lying, and for those who do believe them they have grown jealous.

There is a demonic influence on this world. They demons cannot expose themselves to someone who lives on the world. The Mother Soul will attempt to seek out and destory a demon if it reveals itself. However since humans cannot comminucate with the Mother Soul demons cas speak with them freely. I figured this would be a way I can supplment cyberware. It would work in the same way Cyberware does, sapping a person's essence for each power a human adopts from a demon. If your essence becomes 0 the demons will take control of the human and they will become a monster.

I guess that's all the detail I probably need to go into. Anything out there that would at least be like this? Or do I just need to do my own overhaul of Shadowrun?