Bard 6, Sorc./Wiz. 9, Witch 9

Casting time: 1 standard action
Components: V, S
Range: Touch
Target: One object
Duration: 10 minutes/level
Save: Will negates (see text)
Spell Resistance: No

When you cast this spell on an object, that object immediately becomes the object of desire for any creature who lays eyes upon it. Anyone except the caster who sees the object must make a Will save or be affected. If a creature succeeds this Will save, they must avoid looking at the object or simply be forced to save again.
Affected creatures will do anything within their power to obtain and keep the object. This may even involve harming allies (though they will use nonlethal damage if they think they can). An affected creature will not stop for anything until they have managed to grab the object, or the spell ends (whichever comes first). This includes not stopping even for basic needs, such as food and rest. As far as the affected creature is concerned, the object is more important.
If the object is destroyed, the spell ends.
----------
Well, please let me know what you think. In case the name and thread title did not give it away, yes, this is based on the infamous spell from My Little Pony.

Ashtagon
2012-03-31, 01:28 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sympathy.htm

I'm not sure the differences are big enough to matter?

Thomar_of_Uointer
2012-03-31, 05:09 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sympathy.htm

I'm not sure the differences are big enough to matter?

I think they are. This version is specifically for combat (sympathy has a casting time of 1 hour.) It's also a lot less specific than sympathy.

Anarion
2012-03-31, 09:20 PM
The casting time is a big difference from sympathy. However, comparing the two, I think this one might be a bit too powerful. Sympathy is an 8th-9th level spell and this spell casts much faster and forces a save every time the target looks at it. Then again, it is 9th level and it's still probably worse than time stop, so you can get away with that.

I might suggest reducing the duration to 10 min/level, since this is more combat-focused and should wear off faster and that way you can't use the spell to starve people to death.

Tvtyrant
2012-03-31, 09:27 PM
And then the villain casts this on an Orb of Annihilation...

legomaster00156
2012-03-31, 10:23 PM
I might suggest reducing the duration to 10 min/level, since this is more combat-focused and should wear off faster and that way you can't use the spell to starve people to death.
Fair point. Done.

And then the villain casts this on an Orb of Annihilation...
Well, at this level, this is one of the lesser ways you can kill people. Notably, though, he would need to touch the Orb himself to cast the spell.

Forum Explorer
2012-03-31, 11:48 PM
You should add in something about what happens if the object is destroyed.

legomaster00156
2012-04-01, 12:52 AM
Alright, I've done that.