PDA

View Full Version : Build Help

chaotician375
2012-03-31, 12:56 PM
So i was looking through Races of the Wild and came across the Stormtalon PrC for Raptorans, and I want to build one. The class isnt great but I like them, they focus on flying mobile combat, dive bombing with talons that the class gives them and they can benefit from the Multiattack feat to be a bunch of attacks a turn. What I'm looking for is a good class to take before going into Stormtalon. Any ideas? Also feat suggestion is welcome, I'm thinking twf to get a bunch of attacks, but I'm not married to it.

Godskook
2012-03-31, 02:44 PM
The prestige class is basically Fighter(but limited feats) for Raptorans, so building a charger build on it would work fine. You'd be kinda a 1-trick pony that way, but that's all the prestige class gives you anyway. You can afford to stay in for 6 levels, picking up Diving Charge, Improved Flight, and Multiattack. After that, I don't see anything on their feat-list that's worth not being in the fighter class instead. Well, maybe Hover, and once you've gone 8 levels, the 9th is worth it for the bonus movement. Something like:

Barbarian 1/Fighter 4/Stormtalon 6

would be a good start.

If you can expand the class's feat list to include improved multiattack and maybe 1-2 other appropriate feats you could justify taking all 10 levels, too.

Greyfeld85
2012-03-31, 03:00 PM
I stumbled over the Stormtalon quite a while ago, myself. It has some great flavor, but it's sadly underwhelming, crunch-wise. It's telling when your first thought is, "I can do better by taking levels in fighter."

Godskook
2012-03-31, 03:08 PM
I stumbled over the Stormtalon quite a while ago, myself. It has some great flavor, but it's sadly underwhelming, crunch-wise. It's telling when your first thought is, "I can do better by taking levels in fighter."

You actually can't do better as a fighter as long as the feat-list holds out. The feat-list isn't great, but there's enough gems that a dip is good.

Darth Stabber
2012-03-31, 10:57 PM
You can go to aerial avenger from it for even more low-op flying PRC fun