PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Less specific Airship defense thread

Magikeeper
2012-03-31, 01:45 PM
Okay, the last time I tried this I think I was too specific and highpowered to get any responses.

So, here we go:

We have a living airship that was created with ridiculous amounts of wealth. How do we defend it? Currently using any D&D 3.5 source (including dragon/dungeon), the A&E guide, the Stronghold builders guide, planar handbook, and some other stuff. We have lots of potential followers with class levels to be crew, but I don't know what to do with that.

Current defenses are just some spell turrets that keep the ship (which counts as a construct due to being a living astral ship) under "golem immunity (Immune to magic like a flesh golem)", mind blank, superior invisibility, Freedom of movement, delay death, and some other stuff. Liberal use of a houserule'd persistent spell (+2 level, but only increase the ratio such as round -> minute or 1 minute -> 1 minute/level etc). Also, the walls are awesome and anyone in the ship is mindblanked.

Currently hiding ship (which can earth glide and teleport) underground and beneath ocean floor so it doesn't get stolen by a nation/guild/etc.