PDA

View Full Version : Poison use!

Whisper rider
2012-03-31, 02:15 PM
Hi! I have always wondered, how i get to use poison, theres always a chance of getting poisoned unless you are like a drow or an assassin.. Are there any feats or something alike that gives me the ability to use poison without the risk of gettin poisoned my self?
Thxs!

unundindur
2012-03-31, 02:20 PM
Hi! I have always wondered, how i get to use poison, theres always a chance of getting poisoned unless you are like a drow or an assassin.. Are there any feats or something alike that gives me the ability to use poison without the risk of gettin poisoned my self?
Thxs!

Master of Poisons in "Drow of the Underdark". It does what you want, and then some :smallwink:

The same book also lets you trade either Trapfinding or Bardic Knowledge (almost) for the ability to apply poisons safely. From a power perspective though, both are horrible :smalltongue:

Omegas
2012-03-31, 02:34 PM
Yes there are feats that can eliminate the chance of poisoning yourself. Master of Poisons I believe the craft poison feat also reduces or eliminates the effect. The real difficulty in poisons is affording them. By the time you, as a leveled character, can afford them they are hardly any use. Most foes can overcome the poison DC. There are Feats to improve the DCs of poisons but regardless of how you look at --- Unless your making them yourself or you have a very generous DM they are not as effective as investing in a good piece of magical gear.

I myself have always like the idea of poison and disagreed with the DC system evolving them. As a DM I adjudicate the DCs as a house rule by subtracting 10 and adding the targets HD to the DC. This makes them useful at any level, but they are still not all that affordable. This is up to your DM.

A good list of poisons can be found in Arms and Equipment Guide or Book of Vile Darkness.

unundindur
2012-03-31, 02:41 PM
To help increase the DC of poisons, get a weapon of assassination from here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070314a

The Toxic weapon property from Drow of the Underdark also helps in making poisons viable.

A +5 toxic weapon of assassination should be quite useful for any poisonlovers out there :smallamused:

Also make sure you check out Book of Vile Darkness page 44 for a list of poisons that matter. :smallcool:

Cieyrin
2012-03-31, 02:52 PM
Akal Saris wrote a handbook on everything Poison and making the most of it. It'll tell you almost everything you ever want to know on the subject: Arsenic and Old Lace: The Poison Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2714.0)