PDA

View Full Version : Baby gods campaign help

killianh
2012-03-31, 02:47 PM
I've been wanting to do a campaign for a while where the characters start off at level one, but they have demigod status. I know it seems like a bit of a stupid idea since gods are suppose to be powerful, but I think that fallible god's, their affect on NPC's, etc, etc would be interesting.

My question is what would the ELC of the characters be? It doesn't really cover the ELC changes in the book (as far as I could find, though I'm know to be blind for those things) but I still want to try it, maybe starting as high as level 10's if needed but way below epic regardless.

So if you have any ideas as to some different things I could do in the game, like an adventure seed or something, or can figure out what kind's of CR's I should throw at them would be please post away!

Thank you in advance.

Omegas
2012-03-31, 04:22 PM
You would get a better response in homebrew.

The books are really not designed for something like this. The (LA) Level Adjustment system does not support it but that does not mean it can not be done. I am not sure if the books are clear on how to handle PC demigods or gods. It could be a rule barker.

Regardless of what you give them in the form of powers the higher their LA the more they will be squishy. Example a level 1 character with a +9LA vs a CR10 encounter will always loose. They simply do not have the HP to withstand a battle.

This is a homebrew idea but you could have an advancing LA as your players leveled. Commonly it is a bad idea to have a LA higher then the HD of a character so use that as a reference. And keep in mind that levels in Monstrous Humanoid / demigod will only hurt this proposal.

Generally a level 6 character could sack his current template to create a level 3 character with a LA+3 template and his new character should be effective in a party level 6 group.

In your campaign; simply brake down what powers you want the characters to have per LA. When their ready they can sack their current template for the next sage of Demigod. I would recommend allow them to choose if a level goes for a LA stage of demigodhood or a class level but their LA should never be higher then their HD.

This means your baby Demigods would have to start at EPL 2. A good story tool would be to have a real god step in whenever something with a +8CR faced the party. In which case they would not get any exp or loot from the encounter.

Just my thoughts good luck.