PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Extra Item Space [monstrous]

Omegas
2012-03-31, 03:39 PM
K I have a player that has a 4 armed character. I allowed it and thus far it is not that bad. Even though he is a few levels behind the party with his LA he is can keep up in the fights.

Now he wants to equip more magical items. Its been years but I recall a feat that allowed additional magical slots for creatures with applicable appendages.
EXAMPLE: A two headed creature could wear two head items and two face items.

He also wants to equip 2 sets of bracers/gloves and 4 rings. I am not against this but I told him I would look into it. Its my impression that there has to be some kind of cost in this added ability. A clear reference, game rule, or actual monster feat would be appreciated.

KPR
Omegas

Jeraa
2012-03-31, 03:44 PM
The only thing I know of that grants extra magic item slots is the epic feat, Additional Magic Item Space. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#additionalMagicItemSpace)

A Hand of Glory (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#handofGlory) trades an amulet slot for an additional ring slot.

If the DM allows custom magic items, just double the price of a ring (or any other slotted item) to make it slotless. (Chart on page 285, Dungeon Master's Guide. Under "Special".)

Demon of Death
2012-03-31, 03:57 PM
If you have Savage Species there's a feat called "Extra Item Space (http://dndtools.eu/feats/savage-species--47/extra-item-space--1023/)" on page 34 that does exactly this.

tyckspoon
2012-03-31, 04:03 PM
If the DM allows custom magic items, just double the price of a ring (or any other slotted item) to make it slotless. (Chart on page 285, Dungeon Master's Guide. Under "Special".)

If you're getting into this, it's cheaper to just stack the powers together so you have Bracers of Armor And Archery or whatever, or move the power of the item to another 'related' slot- most of the body slot affinities are broad enough that any given item could fit under two or three slots and still be within the affinity.

Starbuck_II
2012-03-31, 04:06 PM
K I have a player that has a 4 armed character. I allowed it and thus far it is not that bad. Even though he is a few levels behind the party with his LA he is can keep up in the fights.

Now he wants to equip more magical items. Its been years but I recall a feat that allowed additional magical slots for creatures with applicable appendages.
EXAMPLE: A two headed creature could wear two head items and two face items.

He also wants to equip 2 sets of bracers/gloves and 4 rings. I am not against this but I told him I would look into it. Its my impression that there has to be some kind of cost in this added ability. A clear reference, game rule, or actual monster feat would be appreciated.

KPR
Omegas

Have you looked at Savage Species, it would be the most logical place.

Slipperychicken
2012-03-31, 04:10 PM
If you're getting into this, it's cheaper to just stack the powers together so you have Bracers of Armor And Archery or whatever, or move the power of the item to another 'related' slot- most of the body slot affinities are broad enough that any given item could fit under two or three slots and still be within the affinity.

This. Adding a slotless item costs 200% of that items value, while stacking on the same item only costs 150%. Adding a slot or two costs a feat plus 100% item value, and your player only gets 7-10 (if human and has flaws) feats in his lifetime, so choose carefully.

Omegas
2012-03-31, 07:41 PM
How does this sound

EXTRA ITEM SPACE [MONSTROUS] [3.0]
You can wear more magic items than are normally allowed.
Prerequisite: Multiple limbs or heads.
Benefit: You can wear one additional magic item beyond the normal limit for the item type in question. The multiple limbs you have must correspond to the limb on which that item type is normally worn. For example, a character is normally limited to two rings, but a marilith (with six arms) could wear three rings with this feat. Likewise, an ettin (with two heads) could wear two periapts or necklaces instead of the one normally allowed.
Normal: Usually only one or two magic items that are restricted to a particular body part can be used at once.
Special: You can take this feat more than once. Each time, it adds a new item space. You cannot have more item spaces than you have limbs or body parts of the appropriate kind.
Book: Savage Spices 3.0 pg 34

:smallsmile: 3.0 to 3.5: :smallsmile: This feat now unlocks all of the magical items slots per additional limb type. This is limited to creatures that normally equip magical items. Activation of items is handle normally. The Multi-Dexterous feat is needed to activate more then one item at a time.
If a creature has extra heads it receive an extra face, head, and neck slot per head.
If a creature has extra arms they receive an extra hands, rings, and wrist slot per pair of arms.
If a creature has extra feet it may equip extra magical foot wear (this does not include hoves)
If a creature has wings with a knuckle claw like bats, demons, or many dragons it may equip 2 extra
rings.
Special: You can take this feat more than once. Each time, it adds an additional limb type.

Or should I set it up so that he has to take the feat per set of arms? I think it is kind of ridicules in a 3.5 campaign to spend more then 1 or 2 feats to be able to equip extra magical items when you can just pay for the convenience with gold.

Demon of Death
2012-03-31, 08:24 PM
Sounds like a fine idea to me.