PDA

View Full Version : [PF] The Avengers! Builds Thread

grarrrg
2012-03-31, 06:54 PM
The Avengers! (Marvel, not Emma Peel)
Build Thread Comments Welcome
OR HULK SMASH

Ok, one the one hand, I'm jumping the gun because the movie isn't out yet.
On the other hand, I want to get this in and done before there are 18 other threads about the same thing...

This is just for fun, to see how close we can come to building the 6 main characters from the movie.

Due to the vastly different power levels of some of the characters, they will NOT be the same level.

I'll start with the "lower level" characters.

For the sake of argument, some stipulations:
MOVIE versions of the characters, comic books can be referenced only if the movie doesn't contradict.
"Standard" human stats will range from 6-to-14, humans can have 1 score of 16. To have a score greater than 16 you need to be super-human.
All levels listed are approx, we're going for a good idea of the character, and comparative power level, not the be-all-end-all of stating them.

Tony Stark, Human, level 4
Chaotic Good (he does what he wants, and is solidly Good)
Int 16 (in a CAVE with a BOX of SCRAPS!)
Cha/Con 14 (very suave, still alive, especially after all the booze he's downed)
Str/Dex 8 (maybe 10, not very physical)
Wis ?
I'm going to get such the pinch for this but....
Aristocrat (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/npc-classes/aristocrat) 1/Expert (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/npc-classes/expert) 3, has the Rich Parents (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/rich-parents) Trait (multiplied by a couple thousand...)
Possesses a specially made suit of Construct Armor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/building-and-modifying-constructs). Armor in question has been heavily modified, it is very strong and durable (DR), and has been enchanted to Fly, and shoot Scorching Rays (any better spell suggestions?).
(Granted, Artificer would be best, but it's currently PF 3rd party only)

Hawkeye, Human, level 8
Lawful? Good? (appears to be career Military which would lean towards Lawful)
Dex 16 (Archer, highest allowed per stipulations)
Str/Con 12 (not a lot of screen time to determine)
Int/Wis/Cha 10? (again, screen time)
At least 4 levels of Archer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/archer) Fighter, the only way to get Maneuvers with Arrows. Probably all 8 levels of Fighter, unless there is a better suggestion?

Black Widow, Human, level 8
Neutral? Good? (plenty of wiggle room, sometimes traitor in the comics)
Dex 16 (very agile)
Str/Con 12 (possibly higher)
Cha 14 (sexy lady)
Int/Wis 10?
Undercover agent that can kick ass: Rogue/Ninja for base class, heading for Master Spy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/master-spy)

Captain America, Human + Template*, Level 12
Lawful Good (poster boy of LG)
*Probably going to need to make a custom Template. Advanced (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/advanced-creature-cr-1) is a good start though, double the Str/Con boosts, remove the Mental Boosts, add some Fast Healing, maybe some DR and, say, +10ft. Movement and we're good.
Post-Super Soldier Serum Stats:
Str/Con 18
Dex 16
Int/Wis/Cha 12-to-14 (he's show to be fairly bright, but not 'genius' level, and once he's proven his combat ability the men gladly follow him)
Class levels are up for debate. I could easily see Paladin though, possibly Warrior of the Holy Light (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo---paladin-archetypes/warrior-of-the-holy-light) as it trades away Spellcasting for less magical-ly abilities. The "Power of Faith" bonuses are easy re-fluffed to be from Encouraging Remarks, and Battlefield Commands than outright magic.

Now the Big Guns.
I have no idea how to go about Thor. Roughly level 16, he is not Human, and must have (near) Full Bab, possess a Hammer of Thunderbolts (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/artifacts/minor-artifacts/hammer-of-thunderbolts), and needs some way to Fly and/or control Wind (make him a Half-Air Elemental maybe?).

I have 3 basic ideas for Hulk.
Roughly level 16
Banner is Human with Int 16 and low/average other stats.
Hulk #1: Titan Mauler (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/titan-mauler) Barbarian
Pros: Quick, easy. Get angry, becomes Large and Strong.
Cons: too simple, not quite the right feel, still has Banner's Mental scores, limited by Banner's base Physical stats.

Hulk #2: Alchemist (Ragechemist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo---alchemist-archetypes/ragechemist) ?)>Master Chymist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/master-chymist)
Pros: Alchemist has good 'science' flavor. Split Personality when using Mutagen, increasing Str with Mutagen lowers Int, and +Con lowers Cha
Cons: Still limited by Banner's Physical stats

Hulk #3: Synthesist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/archetypes/paizo---summoner-archetypes/synthesist) Summoner, would have to switch the Int/Cha scores for casting purposes, should be limited to casting self-buffs ONLY ("THE ANGRIER HULK GETS, THE STRONGER HULK GETS")
Pros: HULK SMASH! a level 16 Huge Biped Eidolon Hulk can have a Str score of __46__, but this would take ALL of your Evo-Points. Hulk is a little small for "Huge", Large Hulk would have a Max Str close to 40, again, ALL Evo-Points. 'Budget Hulk' can still have 30+ Str easily. Large Hulk would have Dex 16, Con 18. Can also add things like DR or Fast Healing.
Cons: Spellcasting is a little too 'magical' (compared to Extracts), still has Banner's Mental scores.

BONUS!

Nick Fury, Human
Lawful Good (??)
Level 20 Bad-Ass

Blyte
2012-03-31, 07:38 PM
"and shoot Scorching Rays (any better spell suggestions?)." -- possibly searing light? they look like white beams of light to me.

Also, I am not sure I would rate hawkeye as LG, at times he has been a bit rogue, and his personality is always roguish. I would say NG possibly even CG.

And Nick Fury I think lends to LN, he can be pretty cold and calculating.

I like Hulk as a barbarian simply for ground breaker, and he definitely lends to rage. perhaps a rage chemist+barbarian since his strength does have different levels of awesome.

Honestly it's a pretty good challenge making these guys in Pathfinder. I have made a ton of marvel characters with hero systems champions, but never in a d20 system.

ps.. I don't like how they excluded wasp and giant man :(
Wasp would be pretty fun to make in PF

Calanon
2012-03-31, 07:55 PM
BONUS!

Nick Fury, Human
Lawful Good (??)
Level 20 Bad-Ass

Lol this entirely depends on your point of view, Nick Fury has time and time again proven to be quite an ******* :smallamused:

As for the Bad-Ass part? Not deny it... Nick Fury has swag...

Venusaur
2012-03-31, 08:15 PM
Stark is clearly an Artificer. Hulk is an ogre or half-ogre war hulk with some frenzied berserker. Captain America has human paragon/ bloodstorm blade levels.

grarrrg
2012-03-31, 08:22 PM
Also, I am not sure I would rate hawkeye as LG, at times he has been a bit rogue, and his personality is always roguish. I would say NG possibly even CG.
And Nick Fury I think lends to LN, he can be pretty cold and calculating.

Lol this entirely depends on your point of view, Nick Fury has time and time again proven to be quite an ******* :smallamused:

I'm throwing this out here again as a reminder (it is in the main post)
"MOVIE versions of the characters, comic books can be referenced only if the movie doesn't contradict."

Movie-Hawkeye has had all of 5 minutes of screen time (not even), and the little we have seen was following orders.

Movie-Nick Fury hasn't been a fraction of the "*******" that Comic-Fury has been. Movie-Fury actually seems like a fairly nice guy (again, partly due to lack of screen time).

And in case you didn't notice, Nick Fury was only thrown in for a quick joke :smallbiggrin:

ps.. I don't like how they excluded wasp and giant man :(
Wasp would be pretty fun to make in PF

I agree, but I can see the reasons against including them in the movie:

Wasp/Giant Man have always been "second rate" in terms of popularity.

AND they would have had to make a "Wasp & Giant Man" movie before they could have put them in the Avengers. Which would have lead to too many celebrities each demanding more screen time, which would have lead to a bad movie.

OR Without a lead-in movie, Wasp/Giant Man could potentially overshadow one (or more) of the "big four", whereas that is not really a problem with Hawkeye/Black Widow.

As for builds,
Giant Man is really easy, couple levels of Sorc for Enlarge/Reduce Person and you're done.
But that depends on exactly WHICH version of Giant Man you're doing (even the SAME GUY had different "maximum size").

Wasp...would be trickier.
Reduce person would on a Small race would only get you to Tiny, and the Wasp is at largest Diminutive. "Wasp Sting" would just be some type of Ray spell. Was would apparently work best as a type of Arcane Caster.

grarrrg
2012-03-31, 08:27 PM
Stark is clearly an Artificer. Hulk is an ogre or half-ogre war hulk with some frenzied berserker. Captain America has human paragon/ bloodstorm blade levels.

Could have swore I put in a "Artificer is better, but only 3rd party in Pathfinder".
TO THE EDITS!
*and PF is already in the title....*

Your points on Hulk are good, if we're doing "Hulk all the time", I'd like to retain some Banner/Hulk in the build.

And outside of Shenanigans, PF Master Chymist and PF Summoner seem like they'd do a MUCH better job of that than anything in 3.5.

Bhaakon
2012-03-31, 08:40 PM
I'd go ragechemist/vivisectionist > Master Chymist with a couple levels of barbarian thrown in on Bruce Banner/Hulk. Double down on rage and mutagen for extra crazy strength.

Zonugal
2012-04-01, 02:06 PM
And outside of Shenanigans, PF Master Chymist and PF Summoner seem like they'd do a MUCH better job of that than anything in 3.5.

Psionics within 3.5 does a very, very good job of emulating Banner.

I mean the Master Chymist certainly has better flavor but within 3.5 you can turn a 10 str Human into a 45+ str Giant (with powers to emulate resistances, fast healing, ect...) while still having options open to emphasize Banner's intelligence/skills.

grarrrg
2012-04-02, 10:23 PM
Here's what I have for a Hulk/Synthesist build.
Banner, due to messed up genetics is no longer entirely "human". In game terms, he shall be considered a "Half-Elf" [/half-arsed justification].
Banner would normally have a High Int/Low-ish Cha, but for this build they shall be reversed (16 Cha, 8 or 10 Int). Banner's Physical stats (& Wis) are close to 10.

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry..."
16 levels of Summoner gives him 25 Evolution Points to work with (21 from Summoner, 4 from Favored Class bonus).
Selecting the Biped base form (16 Str/12 Dex/13 Con).
From levels we add 6 to Str & Dex, with 3 'floating' ability points, 2 go to Str, 1 goes to Con.
Evo-Point breakdown (no real order)
4, Large, massive stat boost (mainly +8 Str/+4 Con)
4, Ability Increase Str (+2, costs x2 due to Large, feel free to drop this, and anything else for 2 points and take Huge instead of Large).
5, DR 10/Law (Hulk is Chaotic Neutral, so it must be '10/Law')
4, Spell Resistance 27 (11+levels, does not apply to self-cast spells)
1, Pincer (using these to REPLACE base form Claws (better damage), as they are now our only Natural attack, they are now considered Primary Attacks)
1 Improved Damage> Pincer (duh)
2, Trample (this and Grab are mainly for flavor, though they do have some use)
2, Grab
1, Skilled> Intimidate (Hulk is SCARY)
1, Skilled> Acrobatics (silly at first glance, but Hulk can jump MILES of distance)

That should be 25 points.

"HULK STRONGEST ONE THERE IS"
Large Hulk Stats [Huge Hulk in brackets]
Str 34 [40]
Dex 16 [14]
Con 18 [22]
Int/Wis/Cha whatever Banner has normally
Natural Armor +16 (-1 to AC from size, [-2 if Huge])
2 Natural attacks that do 2d6+12 each, w/10ft. Reach [2d8+15ea. w/15ft. Reach]
Trample let's it run around and crush things smaller than it, doing 1d8+18 [2d6+22] damage with NO attack roll needed. Trampled opponents can either make an AoO at -4, OR attempt a Reflex save for 1/2 damage.

"THE ANGRIER HULK GETS, THE STRONGER HULK GETS"
Summoner spells can add a boost even to the unstoppable brute that is the Hulk. For proper Hulk-ness, character is limited to ONLY casting Buff spells on self.
Enlarge Person only gives a paltry +2 Str, but mainly, you get ANOTHER size boost to your damage (2d6 becomes 2d8 [2d8 becomes 4d6]) sizing table (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/strong-jaw). Now if we can just get a friendly Druid to cast Strong Jaw on us...
Bull's Strength is +4 Str, same duration, without the penalty to Dex/AC.
Jump, +30 on Acrobatics checks to Jump.
Magic Fang, bonus on Attacks and they count as Magic.
Summon Eidolon, necessary for quick appearance of Hulk (recommend use with a Rod of Quicken).
Rejuvinate Eidolon (partly depends on how your DM decides a Synthesit's Eidolon's HP work for healing purposes....)

Evolution Surge, gets you what you want, when you want it. Mostly useful for grabbing the appropriate Energy Immunity, can also grant Fast Healing 2 for 1min./level (16min. for this build).

Sometime later in the week I'll try to do a Hulk/Master Chymist build.

Anyone have any good ideas for Thor?

Marlowe
2012-04-02, 10:39 PM
Is it wrong that I did want this to be about Emma Peel?

grarrrg
2012-04-02, 10:52 PM
Is it wrong that I did want this to be about Emma Peel?

No.
There is nothing wrong with wanting Emma Peel.

If it helps you any,
Replace "Black Widow" with "Emma Peel" and replace "Tony Stark" with "...whatever the dude's name was" and lose the Construct Armor.
TA-DA!
We've now turned The Avengers into The Avengers!

nyarlathotep
2012-04-02, 11:46 PM
Thor is a battle oracles whose level is probably around 12-16. As for templates nothing really needed, maybe just aasimar.

grarrrg
2012-04-03, 12:25 AM
Thor is a battle oracles whose level is probably around 12-16. As for templates nothing really needed, maybe just aasimar.

Actually, Wind Oracle seems like a (slightly) better option.
For reference, Battle (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo---oracle-mysteries/battle) Wind (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo---oracle-mysteries/wind).

The Revelations provide the Lightning, the Bonus spells provide the Wind.
Assuming level 16, this gives 5 Revelations (more with Extra Revelation feat):

Air Barrier: gives +10 AC, and 50% miss chance for 'ranged' attacks.

Lightning Breath: (reflavor as shooting lightning from Hammer) 16d4 Electricity damage, 30ft. line, 4/day.

Spark Skin: Electricity Resist 20

Thunderburst: 16d6 Bludgeoning damage, 100ft. Range, 35ft. Radius, chance to Deafen, 3/day.

Touch of Electricity: Melee Touch attack to do 1d6+8 Electricity damage 3+Cha/day. AND, more importantly, any weapon you use gains the Shock property (+1d6 electricity damage).

Wings of Air: 90ft. Fly Speed, Perfect Maneuverability for 16min./day.

Dip a level into a class with Martial Weapon prof. (and Heavy Armor prof. if needed) and you're set.

For Race, Aasimar (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/monsters-as-pcs#TOC-Aasimar) looks decent, as does Suli (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/monsters-as-pcs#TOC-Suli)

Krazzman
2012-04-03, 02:28 AM
So I join this one, muahaha.

Tony Stark:
Rich Parents trait 1 Level Aristrocrat/4 Levels of Synthesist Summoner or 6 Levels of Rogue or more Aristrocrat levels.
Why this? Obviously he has to be level 7 because he can craft a friggin super suit and is a superb "scientist" or in other terms a crafter. He has to be at least level 7 to take Craft Wondrous Item and so on. (Rogue because of craft as class skill and UMD as class skill).

Hawkeye:
Hawkeye would probably be better fitted as a Archer Fighter/Zen Archer Monk with both high dex and wisdom.

Black Widow:
Ninja seems fitting (maybe a level of gunslinger if guns are still expensive and so on...), probably doing some diplomacy/bluff shenanigans.

Cpt America:
Shield Bashing Fighter with Throw Anything or his Shield has to be Throwing AND Returning AND the other things it can do...

Thor:
Thor is an Asgardian (+4 STR, +2 CON [maybe more] and -2 INT) with the Worthy Template (to let him wield Mjollnir).
His stats would be
20 12 16 8 10 12(maybe 14) without Mjollnir and
26 12 20 8 10 12(maybe 14) with Mjollnir.

Mjollnir:
Mjollnir is a Plottanium Warhammer for that the wielder either has to be worthy or it weights a few tons. Thus can only be wielded by a "Worthy" Person or needs to has at least STR 40 to move it (thus Hulk could wield it if hes really angry)
. Furthermore Mjollnir grants the wearer the spell like abilities: Overlandflight and Call Lightning if he is "Worthy". Additionally it Grants him a +6 Strength boost and another +4 Con boost.

Now to Hulk...
If I remember correctly in 3.5 there were rules for "Shizophrenia".
If not we make them.
Banner knows about Hulk and Hulk nows about Banner.
Banner would be a Level 3 or 4 Alchemist for the scientist sheme.
Now our most likes Green Monster I would say Ragechimist/Barbarian/Martial Artist Dragon Style using "Radioactive: Hulk" (Template) Human.
Radioactive Template gives different things. Double Rage Bonus, Triple Rage Rounds, Replenish Rage Rounds, +6 Strength in Normal not raging form and Fast Healing/Regeneration Mali on Mental Stats makes him huge giving +2 STR -2 Dex.

Leading to Banner Stats:
10 12 14 14 16 12 (banner might be weak but he is still somehow a bit tough.
Hulk Stats:
18 10 16 10 10 10(maybe 8)

Different approaches:
Tony could be Synthesist Summoner as mentioned.
Hulk could be a Synthesist Summoner or he could be anything with Beast Shape/Elemental Form/Wildshape at will.

doko239
2012-04-03, 02:44 AM
Ok, here's my attempt at an actual stat block for Thor as I was bored and wanted to try. I made him a half-celestial Suli as I wanted him to have a bit more power and a natural fly speed. No skills or spells known yet, as I can't decide what Thor should know or be able to cast.

PS this is the first time I've ever used a template, please let me know if I've messed up somewhere.

Thor

Suli Half-Celestial Oracle of Wind 15/Unbreakable Fighter 1

28 point buy

Str 27
Dex 22
Con 24
Int 14
Wis 16
Cha 20

Init +10

HP 196 (15d8 + 1d10 + 112)

AC 31, FF 25, Touch 16 (50% miss on ranged attacks)

CMD 40, CMB 20

BAB +12

Fort +18, Ref +15, Will +16

Concentration +19

Move 30' ground, 60' fly (Good Maneuverability)

Attacks (Assumes hasted and Elemental Assault):

+5 Hammer of Thunderbolts +25/+25/+20/+15 (1d8+17 Bludgeoning +2d6 Electricity) 20x3 OR
Power Attack +5 Hammer of Thunderbolts +21/+21/+16/+11 (1d8+29 Bludgeoning +2d6 Electricity) 20x3 OR
Thrown +5 Hammer of Thunderbolts +21 (1d8+17 Bludgeoning + 2d6 Electricity + Thunderclap) 20x3 (range 30) OR
Lightning Breath (30' Line, 15d4 Electricity Damage, DC 18 Reflex halves, 4/day) OR
Thunderburst (100' range, 30' radius, 15d6 Bludgeoning and deafened for 1 hr, DC 18 Fort halves damage and prevents deafness, 3/day)

Feats:

Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Casting, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Diehard, Defensive Combat Training, Endurance, Improved Initiative, Power Attack

Revelations:

Air Barrier, Lightning Breath, Spark Skin, Thunderburst, Touch of Electricity

Curse of Tongues (Celestial)

Special Abilities:

Darkvision 60'
Immune to Disease
+4 saves vs poison
Resist Acid 10, Cold 10, Electricity 20, Fire 5
DR 10/magic
Spell Resistance 27
Smite Evil 1/day as paladin level 16
Half-Celestial spell-like abilities
Can speak and understand all languages (Tongues curse)

Possessions:

Hammer of Thunderbolts (Mjolnir)

Belt of Physical Perfection +6

Mithril Full Plate

Boots of Speed

Cloak of Resistance +4

supermonkeyjoe
2012-04-03, 04:34 AM
Hard to do with exclusively pathfinder but I've always seen banner/hulks as a human stoneblessed(goliath) with the mountain rage goliath barbarian acf and max levels in war hulk. (requires minor rule fudging) requires Races of Stone and Miniatures handbook

Stoneblessed lets Banner count as goliath so he can get mountain rage which means when he rages he becomes large sized (and turns green) assuming you don't get the benefits of a PrC if you don't meet the prerequisites, medium sized Banner gets no benefits of the 10 levels he has in war hulk (which requires size: large or larger), large sized raging banner (hulk) qualifies so on top of his +4 STR from raging he gets another +20 STR from warhulk plus a few other class features. Then Hulk smash puny bad guys.

Talya
2012-04-03, 07:25 AM
Putting Stark's intelligence at anything less than 18 is criminal.

grarrrg
2012-04-03, 07:39 AM
Putting Stark's intelligence at anything less than 18 is criminal.

Criminal yes.

Smooth Criminal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYsNPCfmyKo). :smallcool:

No skills or spells known yet, as I can't decide what Thor should know or be able to cast.

PS this is the first time I've ever used a template, please let me know if I've messed up somewhere.

Thor

Suli Half-Celestial Oracle of Wind 15/Unbreakable Fighter 1

Looks good to me.

Cavalier seems to fit his attitude better than Fighter (although with only 1 level it doesn't really matter).
I'd go with an Emissary (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier/archetypes/paizo---cavalier-archetypes/emissary) Cavalier, you lose Heavy Armor prof, but gain Mounted Combat as a bonus feat, and don't get a speed reduction for wearing Medium Armor.
We wouldn't be able to wear Mithral Full Plate (still need Heavy prof. for that), but he wasn't getting full Dex bonus from it anyway.
With 22 Dex, a Mithral Breastplate would be perfect.
*movie-wise it looks somewhere between Heavy/Medium, comic-wise...I'm not really sure WHAT that looks like.

As for Cavalier Order, most of them look like they would work. Some before he stops being a jerk, some after. The only one he should NEVER take is Order of the Tome.

For spells:
Divine Power (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/divine-power) easily makes up for the lost Bab.
Planar Adaptation (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/planar-adaptation) is a must as well.
Other than that, I'd say mostly self-buffs and wind/thunder/lightning spells.

Cieyrin
2012-04-03, 11:26 AM
I'd also move to push Stark up to 7th-9th so he can pick up Master Craftsman (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/master-craftsman---final) into Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Magical Arms and Armor and Craft Construct...let's call it a bonus feat he got working on his prototype in that cave. There, he doesn't have to be magical, Master Craftsman takes care of it. Prodigy(Craft(Armorsmithing) and Craft(Weaponsmithing)) (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/prodigy) is a must. :smallcool:

Making him 9th also means he has 2 ability point boosts to sink into Int, increasing his Int from 16 starting to 18. Everyone wins! :smallwink:

grarrrg
2012-04-03, 11:50 AM
I'd also move to push Stark up to 7th-9th...There, he doesn't have to be magical, Master Craftsman takes care of it.

My hero :smalltongue:.

My main reason for putting him at level 4 initially was so that he would be strictly weaker than everyone else (without his armor). But as long as most of his levels are in classes like Expert, that shouldn't be a problem.

Talya
2012-04-03, 11:58 AM
BTW, last time I checked, TSR's old Marvel Superheroes RPG was legally freely available in PDF format. Not sure if it still is...

Zonugal
2012-04-03, 12:55 PM
Hard to do with exclusively pathfinder but I've always seen banner/hulks as a human stoneblessed(goliath) with the mountain rage goliath barbarian acf and max levels in war hulk. (requires minor rule fudging) requires Races of Stone and Miniatures handbook

Stoneblessed lets Banner count as goliath so he can get mountain rage which means when he rages he becomes large sized (and turns green) assuming you don't get the benefits of a PrC if you don't meet the prerequisites, medium sized Banner gets no benefits of the 10 levels he has in war hulk (which requires size: large or larger), large sized raging banner (hulk) qualifies so on top of his +4 STR from raging he gets another +20 STR from warhulk plus a few other class features. Then Hulk smash puny bad guys.

The only problem I have with this method, in 3.5, is that it sort of eliminates the character of Banner. There is only non-Hulk & Hulk with a build like above, which I feel doesn't due service to the character.

With psionics we can do something like:

Base Human
Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 12

We manifest Metamorphosis to transform into a Troll which brings us to:
Str 23, Dex 14, Con 23, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 12

We than manifest Animal Affinity to boost strength and than constitution.
Str 27, Dex 14, Con 27, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 12

We than manifest Psychofeedback to boost strength & constitution at the cost of wisdom and charisma.
Str 42, Dex 14, Con 30, Int 18, Wis 4, Cha 4

And at the end of this we still have a character who can construct items of immense power, display intuitive problem solving and generally act as a counterpart to their "hulked-out" side.

doko239
2012-04-03, 02:08 PM
My take on Hulk within PFS rules would be an Invulnerable Rager Barbarian Lycanthrope. You'd need to come up with an appropriate animal half and fudge the conditions under which he transforms (Raging triggers transformation and vice versa, transformation is involuntary under periods of stress), but mechanics-wise that's probably as close as you'll get within the rules.

Edit: What about a Lycanthropic Were-Baluchitherium Invulnerable Rager Barbarian...

In hybrid form you'd end up with a base Strength of 31 and Con of 23 before rage modifiers or level increases. Assuming that you put all points into Str (and also assuming that that will matter in hybrid form, it's a bit vague) you'll end up with 40 str 29 con while hybrid and raging at 12th level, and be able to maintain rage for 37 rounds/day.

Pros:
-Mechanically similar to Hulk provided some stuff is refluffed
Cons:
-Does not affect mental stats beyond Raging, only lasts as long as Rage continues.
-As above, requires a little bit of homebrewing to work properly

grarrrg
2012-04-03, 03:12 PM
On the subject of Emma Peel Black Widow.

Master Spy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/master-spy) is a given, but due to Skill requirements, cannot be taken until level 8 at the earliest.
Attempting to find a decent/fitting PrC for levels 6 & 7.
First 5 levels are Rogue or Ninja.
Key differences:
Rogue (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue) has Trapfinding, Evasion, Trap Sense
Ninja (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/ninja) has Poison Use, Ki Pool, No Trace (Survival & 'hide' bonuses), Ki Pool makes Stats Cha-biased (i.e. Rogue doesn't 'need' high Cha, can invest more in other Stats)
Fitting Rogue Archetypes: (they all trade Trapfinding, so no stacking)
Acrobat: no Light Armor Check penalties on certain skills, can reroll failed checks.
Chameleon: Bluff-based bonus to Stealth checks, can always Take 10 Stealth in selected Terrain (Urban in this case).
Spy: bonus to Bluff when attempting to Deceive, and Poison Use.

Prestige Options
4 Classes stand out, with 1 honorable mention. All options have d8HD, 6skills/level, and 3/4 Bab unless otherwise mentioned.
Master Spy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/master-spy): once she hits 8th level this is go, no questions.

Inner Sea Pirate (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/inner-sea-pirate): (going by Table not Text for abilities, it makes more sense) 2 levels gives +1d6 Sneak Attack, and the Hand Stab Pirate trick (bonus to Disarm attempts). Downside is the Flavor is all wrong, and you need 5 ranks of Profession (Sailor). Weakest option.

Pathfinder Delver (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/n-r/pathfinder-delver): 8 skills/level, gains Bardic knowledge, (re)gains Trapfinding and Trap Sense, can move through (non-magical) Difficult Terrain without penalty. Downside is that the abilities are the least helpful to the concept (lack of Combat/Social).

Shadowdancer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/shadowdancer): Hide in Plain Sight, Evasion, Darkvision, (Improved Uncanny Dodge). Downside is needing 3 feats to qualify, although they are fitting to the character. Having Evasion makes it a better choice for Ninja entry.

Honorable Mention:
Lion Blade (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/lion-blade): No penalties to Disguise Age/Race/Gender (Master Spy only reduces by 1), can move through Crowds without penalty, +1d6 Sneak Attack, can sacrifice a die of Sneak damage to reduce targets speed (possibly down to ZERO). Downside is needing Inspire Competence, which means 3 levels of Bard, which doesn't fit nearly as well as Ninja/Rogue. The most fitting Bard archetype would be Daredevil (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/daredevil), you'd gain a bonus on certain skill checks (Acrobatics/Bluff/etc...), and a +2 bonus to CMB/CMD on any one Combat Maneuver.

doko239
2012-04-03, 10:00 PM
Awright, here's my mostly-done stat block for Hulk, let me know what you guys think of it : ) I again left the skills out of it, but since he'll have 10 class skills from Expert and 168 skill points it should be pretty easy to approximate BB's skillset, at least as far as the game allows anyway.

Bruce Banner (The Hulk)

Human Were-Baluchitherium Invulnerable Rager 12/Expert 2

HUMAN FORM

Str 13
Dex 15
Con 11
Int 18
Wis 12
Cha 10

Init +2

HP 99 (12d12 + 2d8 + 0)

AC 12, Touch 12, FF 10 (+2 dex)

BAB 13

Fort 8
Ref 6
Will 8

CMB 14, CMD 26

HULK FORM

Str 40
Dex 15
Con 29
Int 18
Wis 13
Cha 10

Init +2

HP 225 (12d12 + 2d8 + 126)

AC 26, Touch 10, FF 24 (+16 natural, -2 size, +2 Dex)

BAB 13

Fort 17
Ref 4
Will 11

CMB 28, CMD 40

Attacks: Unarmed Strike +25/+25/+20/+15 (2d6 + 15) 20x2 OR
Unarmed Strike Power Attack Raging Brutality +21/+21/+16/+11 (2d6 + 32) 20x2 OR
Greater Hurling (Colossal Object) +15 Touch (10d6 + 22, DC 31 Reflex for half) 20x2 Range 20' OR
Greater Hurling (Colossal Object) Power Attack Raging Brutality +11 Touch (10d6 + 45, DC 31 Reflex for half) 20x2 Range 20'

Rage Powers: Brawler, Greater Brawler, Ground Breaker, Lesser Hurling, Hurling, Greater Hurling

Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Throw Anything, Raging Hurler, Raging Brutality, Raging Deathblow, Power Attack, Endurance, Diehard, Two-Weapon Fighting (Unarmed Strike)

Special Qualities: DR6/- (DR12/- vs non-lethal), Huge size (while transformed), Unstable Transformation*

Unstable Transformation: Bruce Banner is emotionally unstable and not in control of his transformations. Whenever he is under emotional strain, Bruce must make a DC 10 Will save to avoid transforming into the Hulk. This DC increases by 1 for every round the strain continues. If non-Hulk Bruce is injured, he must make another Will save (DC 10 + damage taken) or immediately transform.

Unlike a "normal" Lycanthrope, Bruce's transformations are entirely dependent on his state of mind. While he can transform into the Hulk at will simply by angering himself, he is unable to revert until either all possible threats are obliterated or he is knocked unconscious.

Any time Banner uses his Rage class feature, he immediately transforms, and vice versa. If one effect is suppressed or otherwise disabled, the other does not function. Whenever one effect ends, the other ends as well.

doko239
2012-04-03, 10:19 PM
Looks good to me.

Cavalier seems to fit his attitude better than Fighter (although with only 1 level it doesn't really matter).

I disagree more on mechanical grounds than anything else. A Fighter's motivation and personality are completely malleable; Thor could be a fighter for any or all the reasons he would be a Cavalier. However, the two feats (Endurance and Diehard) that I get from Unbreakable Fighter are more "Thor-like" than the Challenge ability IMO, especially in view of the fact that he has Smite Evil as a SLA already.

Mounted Combat is just superfluous.

grarrrg
2012-04-04, 07:36 AM
Mounted Combat is just superfluous.

But...ponies...

I still like Cavalier better than Fighter for the "Holier than Thou" attitude, without needing to make him LG and/or a Paladin.

How about....Chevalier (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/c-d/chevalier) instead?

I've been thinking, and I'm going to tweak the Hulk/Summoner build.
Replace (at least) 3 levels with Monk (Sacred Mountain (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/monk-of-the-sacred-mountain)/Master of Many Styles (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/master-of-many-styles)).
This represents him trying to 'center' himself, and keep the Hulk under control, blahblahblah,etc...
*Note: Banner will still only have 12 Wis at best.*

From the Eidolon, we lose 2 Str, 1 Dex, and 5 Evo-points. Drop off Pincers, Improved Damage and Grab, that's 4...hmmm, lose Skilled (Acrobatics).

'Normal' Monk gives Improved Unarmed Strike, and Still Mind (and other, not-that-useful-to-Hulk abilities).
Sacred Mountain trades Evasion for Toughness (HULK NOT DODGE!), and if we ever want to spring for the 4th level, Bastion Stance is fitting for Hulk, as is Iron Limb Defense at 5th.
Master of Many Styles trades away Flurry of Blows for Fuse Styles, and can take Style feats as Bonus feats.

For Styles, I like Boar and Dragon (Dragon will be taken with the Monk feats due to reqs)
Boar Style (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/boar-style-combat-style) once per round, if we hit the same opponent with 2+ Unarmed strikes we can inflict 2d6 Bleed damage (HULK SMASH).
Boar Ferocity (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/boar-ferocity-combat) gives a +2 bonus to Intimidate, and when we inflict Bleed with Boar Style, we can make a Free Intimidate check.
Dragon Style (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dragon-style-combat) gives +2 to a few saves, we can Charge through Difficult Terrain, and our first Unarmed Strike each round gets 1-1/2 Str to damage.
Dragon Ferocity (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dragon-ferocity-combat) gives an extra 1/2 Str to Unarmed Damage, and on a Critical hit our opponent is Shaken for 1d4+Str rounds! (HULK CRUSH PUNY HUMANS)

Oh, and remember how we took _3_ levels of Monk, when 2 is usually a good stopping point?
Still Mind qualifies us for Monastic Legacy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/monastic-legacy-combat), half our Non-Monk levels count as Monk for Unarmed Damage. (3+13/2=9) 1d10

*reference (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/improved-natural-attack) for size increases*
1d10 > 2d8 > 3d8 > 4d8 > 6d8
Large Hulk now has 32 Str, base punch damage of 2d8+16 (2d8+22 on first each round), if we hit the same opponent more than once, they take an extra 2d6 Bleed, AND we get a free Intimidate check, AND/OR if it's a Critical Hit, they are now Shaken for 1d4+11 rounds!

Huge Hulk now has 38 Str, base punch damage of 3d8+21 (3d8+28 on first each round), if we hit the same opponent more than once, they take an extra 2d6 Bleed, AND we get a free Intimidate check, AND/OR if it's a Critical Hit, they are now Shaken for 1d4+14 rounds!

Casting Enlarge Person on Hulk gives another 1d8+1.5 damage per hit (size/Str).

Now we just need a good argument as to how Hulk is Lawful...Martial Artist doesn't stack with either Sacred Mountain or Many Styles, and we wouldn't want it to either, because Martial Artist loses Still Mind botching the whole Monastic Legacy feat...
Thoughts?

Cieyrin
2012-04-04, 12:49 PM
Bruce Banner was a scientist, scientists often follow procedure and rules in producing accurate, reproducable results. Being able to think in an organized manner is where Bruce is the polar opposite to Hulk, who lets his feelings run free. Which is obviously where Master Chymist comes in, though how Monk handles Master Chymist's alignment shifts I have no clue.

grarrrg
2012-04-04, 08:29 PM
Bruce Banner was a scientist, scientists often follow procedure and rules in producing accurate, reproducable results. Being able to think in an organized manner is where Bruce is the polar opposite to Hulk, who lets his feelings run free.

I have decent arguments to put Banner being either Lawful Neutral, or True Neutral, and to put Hulk at True Neutral, or Chaotic Neutral.

Banner LN: Basically as you said. He tries to stay calm and orderly, and rational, else the Hulk appears.
Banner TN: He tries to stay perfectly balanced/indecisive, as any emotional extreme (good or bad) could result in a "Hulk-Incident".

Hulk TN: He's too stupid to be anything BUT TN (i.e. like an animal).
Hulk CN: If Hulk smart enough, Hulk do what Hulk want.

So as far as Master Chymist is concerned, wherever you start, just shift 1-step towards Chaotic for 'Hulk-form'.
As far as Synthesist is concerned...I'm having a hard time justifying Monk.
I can't do it with Backstory, as he wouldn't have pursued Monk until AFTER the Hulk first appeared, so being Lawful > Taking Monk > Alignment shift wouldn't work.
Begging the DM if you actually wanted to play the character would be the best bet...

Which is obviously where Master Chymist comes in, though how Monk handles Master Chymist's alignment shifts I have no clue.

Well, the Ex-monk text states:

A monk who becomes nonlawful cannot gain new levels as a monk but retains all monk abilities.
So as long as you don't try to level-up while Mutated, you should be fine.

doko239
2012-04-05, 06:06 AM
<lots of Hulk/Summoner stuff>

I still say Hulk deserves some levels of Barbarian; of all classes it suits his temperament best, not to mention the mechanical flavor and hijinks. Check out the Hurling barbarian powers from APG or just check the Lycanthrope build I posted earlier to see what I mean. At Huge size you can literally pick up a mountain and throw it at someone!

doko239
2012-04-05, 06:16 AM
But...ponies...

I still like Cavalier better than Fighter for the "Holier than Thou" attitude, without needing to make him LG and/or a Paladin.

How about....Chevalier (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/c-d/chevalier) instead?

I'll admit, the flavor is there, but mechanics-wise it just doesn't fit the same. This is your sandbox though. Losing those feats doesn't kill the build, and if you like Chevalier more then go for it : )

doko239
2012-04-05, 11:28 AM
Continuing with this, here's my build for Captain America. Strait human fighter, using the Shielded Fighter archetype from APG. Combat relies on interesting RAW interactions between Shield Master and Two-Weapon Fighting feats with Shield Fighter class feature of Shielded Fighter. Essentially, with the +12 BAB, you can make 4 attacks per round as is normal for two-weapon fighting. However, due to Shield Master, you take no 2HF attack penalties with the shield, and because of Shield Fighter, you can substitute any or all of your mainhand attacks for shield bash! This lets you have 4 attacks per round with your shield bash as though it were a mainhand weapon. Also, thanks to the interesting properties of the Throwing Shield property and Release Shield trick, combined with Quick Draw feat and Quickdraw Shield enchantment, you can remove, throw, catch, and re-equip your shield as essentially a standard action. (Releasing and Equipping are both Free Actions for this build).

The shield is as close to Cap's shield as I could reasonably make it without just making stuff up. The build can deflect 2 missile attacks and 1 ray attack per round, can throw and retrieve the shield without losing AC, can bounce the shield off surfaces, and can grant himself cover by taking a full defense action.

Steve Rogers (Captain America)

Advanced Human Shielded Fighter 12

20-point Buy

Str 22
Dex 20
Con 20
Int 14
Wis 14
Cha 14

HP 133 (12d10 + 60)

Init +5, Speed 40

AC 33, Touch 15, Flat-footed 28 (+8 Shield, +8 Armor, +5 Dex, +2 Natural)

BAB +12

Fort +13
Ref +9
Will +6

CMB +18, CMD 33

Attacks:

Shield Bash +25/+25/+20/+15 (1d8 + 14 Bludgeoning Adamantine) 20x2 w/Shield Slam OR
Shield Bash Power Attack +21/+21/+16/+11 (1d8 + 22 Bludgeoning Adamantine) 20x2 w/Shield Slam OR
Cestus +23/+23/+18/+13 (1d4 + 11 Bludgeoning) 19-20x2 OR
Cestus Power Attack +19/+19/+14/+9 (1d4 + 19 Bludgeoning) 19-20x2 OR
Shield Throw +24 (2d6 + 14 Bludgeoning Adamantine) Range 40' w/Ricochet Shield OR
Shield Throw Deadly Aim +20 (2d6 + 22 Bludgeoning Adamantine) Range 40' w/Ricochet Shield

Feats:

Deadly Aim, Disruptive, Equipment Trick (Heavy Shield), Improved Shield Bash, Weapon Proficiency (Throwing Shield), Missile Shield, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ray Shield, Shield Focus, Shield Master, Shield Slam, Throw Anything, Two-Weapon Fighting

Shield Tricks (See Adventurer's Armory):

Release Shield (remove shield as free action), Ricochet Shield (bounce shield off of surfaces at a cumulative -2 to attack for each), Little Wall (can gain cover instead of AC when using total defense)

Possessions:

+5 Returning, Bashing, Arrow Deflecting, Distance, Large, Adamantine, Quickdraw Throwing Shield (+10 equiv, value 103070 gp*)
- Can Don, Remove or Put Away as a free action

Mithril Breastplate of Command

Boots of Striding and Springing

+5 Cestus

*I'm not sure how to estimate the cost of the shield, as it mixes armor and weapon enchantments. It could be as much as 100k more than shown.

Cieyrin
2012-04-05, 12:09 PM
+5 Returning, Bashing, Arrow Deflecting, Distance, Large, Adamantine, Quickdraw Throwing Shield (+10 equiv, value 103070 gp*)
- Can Don, Remove or Put Away as a free action
*I'm not sure how to estimate the cost of the shield, as it mixes armor and weapon enchantments. It could be as much as 100k more than shown.

First thing before I go into this, you can reply to multiple things in one post, the forums prefer that, since it has that multiquote button in the bottom right of posts.

Anyways, Shields can be enchanted as both weapons and shields, you just have to do it separately.

So first you just need to create the base shield, which appears to be a Large Quickdraw Adamantine Throwing Shield. There isn't a price for adamantine shields for whatever reason, so I'll just price it at the weapon level, since that's what you'll be using it for, so that's 3000 for the material, 118 for a Large Quickdraw Shield and 50 for Throwing, so 3168 gp for just the shield.

Enchanting it as a shield comes next, which I imagine you'll be doing a +5 Bashing Arrow Deflection, which is +8, so 64000 gp, making the total so far 67168 gp. Enchanting it as a weapon, we just need the difference between +1 and +3, since Bashing provides the +1 before adding specials, and Returning and Distance are +2, so 16000 gp more, totaling 83,168 gp. It may be 85,168 if we go by Mithril's example of making Light Armor and Shields cost the same for materials.

grarrrg
2012-04-05, 12:19 PM
Hulk/Master Chymist attempt

Banner's Physical stats are going to have to be higher than they would normally be, because we don't have the luxury of outright replacing them like we do with Synthesist. Something along the lines of:
(stats given for level 1, before Items/Levels)
Str 14
Dex 10
Con 12
Int 16
Wis 12
Cha 8
This still keeps him relatively weak in "Banner" form, but leaves us a decent jumping off point for Hulking out.

Banner is Lawful Neutral, Hulk is Chaotic Neutral.

Given 16-ish levels to work with...Master Chymist requires demands 7 levels of Alchemist for entry.
After some though, I think there will be an "A" build, and a "B" build. One focusing on Natural Attacks, the other focusing on Unarmed Strikes.

Natural Attacks:
Alchemist 7/Master Chymist 6/Barbarian 3
Ragechemist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo---alchemist-archetypes/ragechemist)/Vivisectionist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo---alchemist-archetypes/vivisectionist) will be taken. Ragechemist gives an extra +2 Str/+4 Natural Armor when Mutated. Vivisectionist trades away Bombs for Sneak Attack (4d6), and lets us take the Bleeding Attack Rogue Talent (there are NOT a lot of "Hulk-like" Discoveries at low levels). We're also taking the Feral Mutagen, which gives 2 Claws & 1 Bite attack. With 1 Discovery remaining, we will take Preserve Organs, which gives a 25% chance to ignore Sneak/Critical Damage.

Master Chymist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/master-chymist) 6 gives three Advanced Mutagens, but due to 'effective level' requirements, we can't take the 'good ones' until Master Chymist 4.
So our first choice will be either Burly (bonus on Str/Con checks), Nimble (bonus on Dex checks/CMD), or Restoring Change (whenever switch forms heal 1d8+level).
Furious Mutagen comes next, increasing our Claw/Bite damage by 1 size.
Greater Mutagen improves our Str bonus, and gives us a Con bonus as well.
Brutality gives us an extra +2 damage on Natural attacks.
It's up for debate whether the levels stack for Sneak Attack progression or not, for the sake of argument we'll say that they do stack, giving us +3d6 Sneak Attack.
Our mutated form can look different than our base form, so we'll make it resemble an Orc.

With 3 levels for Barbarian we're going with Breaker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/breaker) and Wild Rager (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/wild-rager).
Breaker trades Fast Movement and Trap Sense (oh nos!), for a bonus on Sunder strikes, and no penalties with Improvised/Broken weapons.
Wild Rager Trades Uncanny Dodge for an extra attack at Full Bab, at the expense of -2 To-Hit and -4 AC for the round.
For the two Rage powers, pick your favorites from Hurling, Lesser (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/hurling-lesser-ex), Reckless Abandon (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/reckless-abandon-ex), or Superstition (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/superstition-ex).

For Race, I still like the idea of Banner not being entirely Human anymore, so Half-Elf is in (we can Favored Class both Alchemist and Barbarian), trade the Adaptability trait for Dual Minded for the +2 Will Saves. NEEDED due to Ragechemist, while the 'failed Will Save > -Int" is very flavorful (and especially fitting for a Hulk build), it is a bit too harsh penalty wise, especially considering that ANY damage will force a save, AND that Alchemists don't have an easy way to obtain DR.

For feats, Iron Will is in, as is Extra Rage so we can have a decent Rage duration. More Extra Rage, and Extra Rage Power might be handy as well.

This puts us at 15 Bab
Feral+Furious Mutagens give us two d8 Claw attacks, and one 2d6 Bite attack (if we down an Enlarge extract the Claws upgrade to 2d6, and Bite to 3d6).
Assuming Banner put 2 level up points into Str, that gives a 16 base, +8 from Greater Ragechemist Mutagen, +4 while Raging = 28 Str for a +9 bonus. And Master Chymist Brutality adds another +2 Damage.

Unarmed version pending.

Cieyrin
2012-04-05, 02:10 PM
That reminds me, the St. Louis Venture Lieutenant for Pathfinder Society has his own stable of Avengers, starting with Captain Andoran (http://paizo.com/forums/dmtz4pwr?Captain-Andoran) and has since added Bryce Bannerman (Alchemist(Grenadier)/Barbarian/Master Chymist) and Antonio Stark (Cavalier (Strategist)/Magus). I don't have more specifics on them than that, though. :smallannoyed:

doko239
2012-04-05, 07:21 PM
Well here's my next attempt: Iron Man. Taking some of what was said earlier regarding construct armor, I attempted to navigate they very vague and terribly-written construct creation rules. This is what I came up with. Note that a lot of this doesn't correspond to anything in reality; in particular, the Scorching Ray SLA, Wingless Flight and Ground Speed changes are based on the incredibly vague "CR Modifier" system. I estimated the final suit to be about an CR16, plus extra for those options that were actually priced, to arrive at the listed price.

Again no skills, although it will require a minimum of 5 ranks in Craft (Armorsmithing).

As before, please give me your comments : )

Tony Stark (Iron Man)

Human Aristocrat 3/Expert 6

Str 10
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 20
Wis 8
Cha 15

HP 75 (9d8+27)

AC 10, Touch 10, Flat-Footed 10

Feats: Craft Construct, Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Master Craftsman (Armorsmithing), Skill Focus (Craft: Armorsmithing), Toughness

Possessions:

Medium Iron Construct Armor (188000 gp)

Defense
AC 34, Touch 16, FF 28 (+18 Natural, +6 Dex)
HP 129 (18d10+30)
Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +6
DR 15/Adamantine; Immune construct traits, magic

Offense
Speed 40 ft, Flight 100 ft
Melee 2 Slams +27 (2d6 + 13/19-20) OR
Ranged Touch 2 Scorching Rays +24 (4d6 Fire) 20x2
Special Attacks: Powerful Blows, Scorching Ray

Str 28
Dex 23
Con -
Int -
Wis -
Cha -

Special Abilities

Scorching Ray (Su): As a standard action once per round, the suit can manifest Scorching Ray as per the spell as a spell-like ability with Caster Level 7th. DC 14 Reflex save for half damage.

Immunity to Magic (Ex): The armor is immune to spells or spell-like abilities that allow spell resistance. Certain spells and effects function differently against it, as noted below.
A magical attack that deals electricity damage slows an iron golem (as the slow spell) for 3 rounds, with no saving throw.
A magical attack that deals fire damage breaks any slow effect on the golem and heals 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. If the amount of healing would cause the golem to exceed its full normal hit points, it gains any excess as temporary hit points. The suit gets no saving throw against fire effects.
The suit is affected normally by rust attacks, such as those of a rust monster or a rusting grasp spell.

Powerful Blows (Ex): The armor inflicts one and a half times its Strength modifier and threatens a critical hit on a 19–20 with its slam attacks.

Flight (Su): As per Air Elemental. Perfect maneuverability.

grarrrg
2012-04-07, 06:39 PM
I slightly revised my Master Chymist Hulk build (few posts up).
I decided the DR 2 from Invulnerable Rager Barb wasn't high enough to be worthwhile.
Replaced with Breaker and Wild Rager for no penalties with Broken/Improvised weapons (hunk of rubble anyone?), and the ability to make extra attacks at the cost of 2 accuracy and 4 AC. I realize 4 AC is a sizable loss, but it is optional, and quite appropriate.

Tony Stark (Iron Man)

Str 10
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 20
Wis 8
Cha 15

So far so good.

Human Aristocrat 3/Expert 6

Feats: Craft Construct, Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Master Craftsman (Armorsmithing), Skill Focus (Craft: Armorsmithing), Toughness

Add the Prodigy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/prodigy) Feat, probably drop Toughness.
May as well go ahead and just make him level 10 for the extra points from Prodigy and Skill Focus. That 1 extra level will wind up giving a total boost of _6_ ranks to his Crafting.
And despite him having a higher level than Hawkeye/Black Widow, he's still (relatively) easy pickings due to all his levels coming from NPC classes.

Medium Iron Construct Armor...

I'll trust you on the stats/cost.
The only tweaks would be adding a few X/day 'utility' rays.
Searing Light (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/searing-light) does 1d8 'light' damage per 2 caster levels (more vs. Undead, less vs. other not-living). Could make this the primary and Scorching Ray the secondary if desired.
Admonishing Ray (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/admonishing-ray) is basically Nonlethal Force damage Scorching Ray.

Also, a 1/day BIG ATTACK would work for either the Unibeam (1st movie), or the 'Spin-Laser' (2nd movie).

Nizaris
2012-04-07, 08:07 PM
@Doko: Looks good, I was going to suggest changing the slow from electricity to a slow on cold but since the gold-titanium version solved that to a degree that argument isn't as good as it could be but still. I think that cold should instigate the slow, mimicking the freeze-up in the movie and giving it a damage threshold before the freeze-up. A simple balance would be to remove the healing via fire though this is a little further from RAW.

Cieyrin
2012-04-08, 10:00 AM
@Doko: Looks good, I was going to suggest changing the slow from electricity to a slow on cold but since the gold-titanium version solved that to a degree that argument isn't as good as it could be but still. I think that cold should instigate the slow, mimicking the freeze-up in the movie and giving it a damage threshold before the freeze-up. A simple balance would be to remove the healing via fire though this is a little further from RAW.

I'd say the problem is still there, the new metal alloy just making it resistant to cold, so it has both a vulnerability but also Cold Resistance.

doko239
2012-04-08, 11:18 AM
Searing Light (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/searing-light) does 1d8 'light' damage per 2 caster levels (more vs. Undead, less vs. other not-living). Could make this the primary and Scorching Ray the secondary if desired.
Admonishing Ray (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/admonishing-ray) is basically Nonlethal Force damage Scorching Ray.

Also, a 1/day BIG ATTACK would work for either the Unibeam (1st movie), or the 'Spin-Laser' (2nd movie).

Searing Light, while thematically appropriate, won't give the desired result mechanically. Repulsor Beams should work equally regardless of the type of target.

What about low-CL (3 or 4) Disintegrate? We can then make the "Uni-Beam" a higher-CL version (CL 10 or so).

As another possibility, I could steal the Light Ray ability from the Ghaele Azata (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/azata/ghaele). For this version, the Unibeam could be something like Flame Strike (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/flame-strike)

Starbuck_II
2012-05-09, 09:36 PM
It would be cheaper to go Animated Object (choose a Meduim object) + Construct armor than Iron Golem (which is crazy expensive).

Animated object (breastplate since Construct armor count as it) cost 4, 500 gp. Add in Construct effect (35, 000): cost to make 19, 750 gp.
Add in some wand bracers or something to use Scorching ray or whatever.

Yasuuji
2012-05-09, 09:42 PM
Anyways, Shields can be enchanted as both weapons and shields, you just have to do it separately.

So first you just need to create the base shield, which appears to be a Large Quickdraw Adamantine Throwing Shield. There isn't a price for adamantine shields for whatever reason, so I'll just price it at the weapon level, since that's what you'll be using it for, so that's 3000 for the material, 118 for a Large Quickdraw Shield and 50 for Throwing, so 3168 gp for just the shield.

Enchanting it as a shield comes next, which I imagine you'll be doing a +5 Bashing Arrow Deflection, which is +8, so 64000 gp, making the total so far 67168 gp. Enchanting it as a weapon, we just need the difference between +1 and +3, since Bashing provides the +1 before adding specials, and Returning and Distance are +2, so 16000 gp more, totaling 83,168 gp. It may be 85,168 if we go by Mithril's example of making Light Armor and Shields cost the same for materials.

Nit-picky point, but Bashing is a Shield specific enhancement, so wouldn't it be factored into your base shield, and not the weapon enhancements?
also, you could make it a Defending weapon, for that added buff to defense if you wanted.

Cieyrin
2012-05-10, 10:25 AM
Nit-picky point, but Bashing is a Shield specific enhancement, so wouldn't it be factored into your base shield, and not the weapon enhancements?
also, you could make it a Defending weapon, for that added buff to defense if you wanted.

I'm...not counting Bashing as a Weapon Enhancement? :smallconfused: I'm using the fact that Bashing makes it a +1 weapon so I don't have to pay that cost twice, hence why I say paying the difference between +1 and +3 for the weapon specific enchantments.

ChrisDemilich
2012-05-10, 03:45 PM
Hulk can lift a tank easily enough. In the movie, he stops the movement of a massive alien worm/monster thing.

Let's look at the weight of a typical military APC. 13.6 tons. Hulk could easily lift and throw one of those.

How about a tank? An M1 Abrams is 67 tons. Hulk could rip one of those to shreds and easily toss it about.

What about that Huge worm monster? Hulk essentially blocked a bullrush from a collossal enemy that weighed several hundred tons at least.

A 69 strength would make 59 tons a light load. 119 tons a medium load, etc.

At these weights, the movie adapted hulk will start to struggle with lifting, so, I think a 70 strength or so seems feasible for hulk.

So stop listing him with strengths in the 20's. XP

doko239
2012-05-10, 03:59 PM
Hulk can lift a tank easily enough. In the movie, he stops the movement of a massive alien worm/monster thing.

Let's look at the weight of a typical military APC. 13.6 tons. Hulk could easily lift and throw one of those.

How about a tank? An M1 Abrams is 67 tons. Hulk could rip one of those to shreds and easily toss it about.

What about that Huge worm monster? Hulk essentially blocked a bullrush from a collossal enemy that weighed several hundred tons at least.

A 69 strength would make 59 tons a light load. 119 tons a medium load, etc.

At these weights, the movie adapted hulk will start to struggle with lifting, so, I think a 70 strength or so seems feasible for hulk.

The build I listed for Hulk was capable of lifting a Colossal-sized object and throwing it, without regard to weight. Seems pretty Hulk-ish to me :smallbiggrin:

WRT stopping the bull rush, Hulk just used an AOO at 10' reach with Stand Still. :smalltongue:

grarrrg
2012-05-10, 04:32 PM

...We agree Hulk is strong.
But the hard part is making him strong within the PF rules.

doko239 and I both made builds in the High 30's/Low 40's. That's about as high as you can get without resorting to extreme shenanigans.

If you have better ideas, I'm all ears.

Invader
2012-05-10, 05:39 PM

Or air mephit maybe.

doko239
2012-05-10, 09:43 PM
Since interest in this thread appears to have resurfaced (partly my fault for linking it around I think), here's another build for Hulk, this time using Ragechymist. The caveat is that in order to get everything Hulk needs, it's a minimum lv18 build. Also, in order to qualify for the Dragon Style feats, his base str needs to be 15. I justified this by figuring that after X years on the run, his normal body has probably built up a bit.

To boost Str, I found a great spell from Orcs of Golarion called Blood Rage, which gives a cumulative +2 str and -1 AC for every 5 hp of damage taken during the spell's duration. Combined a potion of Blood Rage with the Eternal Potion discovery, so now this effect is permanent. Bonuses do not go away until Hulk goes unconscious.

In any event, here it is:

Bruce Banner (The Hulk)

Human Alchemist (Ragechymist) 16/Master Chymist 2

Human form:

HP 131 (16d8 + 2d10 + 36)

Str 15, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 10

BAB 14, CMB +16, CMD 27

Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +8

AC 11, Touch 11, FF 10 (+1 Dex)

Hulk form:

HP 203 (16d8 + 2d10 +108)

Str 27(37), Dex 14, Con 22, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 10

BAB 14, CMB +22(+27), CMD 34 (39)

Fort +17, Ref +13, Will +7

AC 19(14), Touch 11, FF 18(13) (+2 Dex, +8 Natural Armor, -1 Size)

Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Intimidating Prowess, Brew Potion, Power Attack, Dragon Style, Dragon Ferocity, Dragon Roar, Improved Overrun, Charge Through, Stunning Fist, Extra Discovery

Discoveries: Preserve Organs x3, Extend Potion, Lingering Spirit, Greater Mutagen, Grand Mutagen, Spontaneous Healing, Eternal Potion, Growth Mutagen

Attacks:

Unarmed Strike +22/+17/+12 (1d4 + 16 on first hit, 1d4 + 12 on each subsequent hit) OR

Unarmed Strike (w/full Blood Rage) +27/+22/+17 (1d4 + 26 on first hit, 1d4 + 19 on each subsequent hit) OR

Power Attack Unarmed Strike (w/full Blood Rage) +23/+18/+13 (1d4 + 34 on first hit, 1d4 + 27 on each subsequent hit) OR

Dragon Roar (1d4 + 26 to all in 15-foot cone, shaken for 1d4 rounds, DC 19 will save to negate shaken and half damage)

Special Abilities:

Add 2x Str bonus to damage on first unarmed strike in a round, and 1 1/2 to every subsequent unarmed strike

May charge, run, or withdraw thru difficult terrain, and may charge thru allies' spaces. May make an overrun attempt at +2 during a charge to move thru an enemy's space.

On successful critical or stunning fist, target is shaken for 1d4+8 (1d4+13) rounds.

Can spend 2 Stunning Fist attempts to deal unarmed damage and shaken for 1d4 rounds to all targets in a 15-foot cone (DC 19 will save for half damage and no shaken)

Taking damage causes Hulk's rage to build:

- For every 5 points of damage taken, gain a cumulative +2 morale bonus to Str, and cumulative -1 penalty to AC, up to max of +10 and -5. These bonuses last until unconscious.

- As well, at the end of any round in which Hulk takes damage, he must make a DC 15 will save (DC 20 if critically hit) or take -4 penalty to Int and Will saves and -1 penalty to Dex until 1 hr after Mutagen expires. If Hulk reaches 0 Int, he falls unconscious until Mutagen expires.

- Anytime Bruce Banner has daily uses of the mutate ability available, he may be forced to switch after suffering a critical hit or failing a Fortitude save. In these situations BB must make a DC 25 Will save; if he fails, on his next turn he uses a standard action to change to Hulk form (which counts as a use of the mutate ability)

ScubaGoomba
2012-05-13, 06:16 PM
To go back to Hawkeye, might I suggest building him as an Alchemist? I know a bulk of the class's theming doesn't work, but the Explosive Missile Discovery allows him to use bombs through arrows, effectively creating a quiver of trick shots. Admittedly, you have a lot of features that won't get used, but I think it's more important to get those elements of his character in. The tricks shots are really what make Hawkeye, so it'd be a shame to lose those.

doko239
2012-05-13, 10:29 PM
To go back to Hawkeye, might I suggest building him as an Alchemist? I know a bulk of the class's theming doesn't work, but the Explosive Missile Discovery allows him to use bombs through arrows, effectively creating a quiver of trick shots. Admittedly, you have a lot of features that won't get used, but I think it's more important to get those elements of his character in. The tricks shots are really what make Hawkeye, so it'd be a shame to lose those.

You don't really need to go Alchemist to get such things. There's tons of trick arrows in various sourcebooks:

http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearWeapons.htm#arrow-thistle
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearWeapons.htm#arrows-whistling
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearMisc.htm#grappling-arrow
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearMisc.htm#arrow-bleeding
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearMisc.htm#arrow-durable
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearMisc.htm#arrow-dye
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearMisc.htm#arrow-lodestone
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearMisc.htm#arrow-pheromone
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearMisc.htm#arrow-raining
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearMisc.htm#arrow-slow-burn
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearMisc.htm#arrow-splintercloud
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/gearMisc.htm#arrow-tanglefoot