PDA

View Full Version : Sentient Pony Unseen seer: what should I do to my magical items?

hamiltond465
2012-03-31, 07:00 PM
So, in this game I'm starting soon, I'll be playing a rogue2/sorcerer3/unseen seerX Awakened Pony.
system is 3.5e
She is blue and is magnificent. She has a sweet hat, which my Dm is letting my apply Arcane Bond (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard#TOC-Arcane-Bond-Ex-or-Sp-) to.
three natural attacks btw.
I have access to both the Magic item compendium and the spell compendium.
The hat is currently enchanted with Called and At-Will Unseen Servant.

Pimp my hat =D

Name Book Cost
Ac bonus DMG #^2*2000
Saves DMG #^2*1000
Blood Wind SpC 1*1*2000*4

all costs *1.5 for addition

In all serious, the character is a awakened cat.
but then I logged into the forums, and well...

Phaederkiel
2012-03-31, 07:52 PM
not your hat, but you can use the AWESOME horseshoes of speed (DMG, i think)
which for 3000 give you 30ft more movement range. The centaur in my campaign bought them as his very first item and never looked back.

Ask your dm if you can have two pairs of bracers, because you cannot have shoes. Or use the anklet of transportation (MIC).

Blood wind and unseen servant are probably already the most important spells.
Mage hand is also quite useful for a character without opposable thumbs.

for the Belt, go for Healing belt (MIC), its dirt cheap and probably the most used Item i have played with.

Can you use Amulets? Chronocharm of the horizon walker is another good mobility option (move & full attack!), else you can use the likewise dirt cheap amulet of tears.

Oh, another for the hat: try to get a hat of disguise on it. It is very cheap, too and you can pass for any normal horse, or a big dog, or possibly a lion.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-03-31, 07:56 PM
This is an amazing pseudo-troll.

Dude, you rock.

Ranting Fool
2012-03-31, 08:12 PM
You know after reading this I am quite tempted to try out an "Awakened" character...

A Hero named Bugs... The Bunny Of Doom! :smallcool::smallbiggrin:

Tvtyrant
2012-03-31, 08:16 PM
Eventually you will want to trade unseen servant for Telekinesis, so you can smash people with your hat powah.

Ranting Fool
2012-03-31, 08:19 PM
Couldn't you get some kind of Viking -esk hat rather than a mage one to add a Rhino style charge attack ?:smallbiggrin:

hamiltond465
2012-03-31, 08:34 PM
Telekinesis, definitely going to get that later.

Anklet of translocation, I was LOOKING for a way to randomly be where I'm not expected! Perfect!

Healing belt: pretty damn powerful for it's price, I like it.

I think I need to make this clear tho, I will have to enchant most things myself.
campaign setting: We are all prisoners of some wizard-god-king. We, a large assortment of random people he picked up, have been thrown into a demi-plane of the wizard's creation. "the ones who survive will be set free."

we may bring one magic item not worth more than 5025 gp

I am almost certain to never find another enchanter, or a actual shop to buy/sell at.

Coidzor
2012-03-31, 08:38 PM
You know after reading this I am quite tempted to try out an "Awakened" character...

A Hero named Bugs... The Bunny Of Doom! :smallcool::smallbiggrin:

Nah, you'd need to be an Anthro-Bunny.

Snowbluff
2012-03-31, 09:03 PM
Will she great and all powerful? Cuz there is a Charlatan PrC with her name all over it!:smallbiggrin:

hamiltond465
2012-03-31, 09:18 PM
Will she great and all powerful?
I have to admit, there is a distinct possibility!

hamiltond465
2012-04-01, 08:29 PM
I kind of regret half trolling with this, it doesn't seem like my question was taken seriously.

I included a disclaimer! What more do you want from me!

Coidzor
2012-04-01, 10:24 PM
It's a bit of a tough question though, with the slots and only one magic item allowed to start.

What level are you starting at again?

hamiltond465
2012-04-01, 10:52 PM
It's a bit of a tough question though, with the slots and only one magic item allowed to start.

What level are you starting at again?
Starting level is 6, but I'm worried abut the progression. It's a plot hat, received in my backstory. I don't want to ever get rid of it.
There will probably be rings and such to be found in treasure, but the hat stays.
The item is currently as stated in the OP.

1: I have the ability to enchant it, what should I enchant it with?

2: Since I'm a sorcerer, and thus have fewer different spells, which spells can I get the most mileage out of? (Cat's Grace has like, 9 different enchantments tied to it for instance)

Coidzor
2012-04-01, 11:17 PM
That second one is the tricky thing, since it's not enough to just pick good sorcerer spells, you also want some for making magical gear. x.x