PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] An Anima Mage question

GreenSerpent
2012-03-31, 07:25 PM
Greetings!

To cut to the point, what would be an appropriate continuation from a Sorceror 1/Binder 1/Anima Mage 10 (due to early entry)? Is there any other way I can advance my Binding and Arcane Spellcasting together - and if not, what is the best way to optimise my binding if I choose to progress in Sorceror?

Thanks in advance!

Kuulvheysoon
2012-03-31, 07:38 PM
Greetings!

To cut to the point, what would be an appropriate continuation from a Sorceror 1/Binder 1/Anima Mage 10 (due to early entry)? Is there any other way I can advance my Binding and Arcane Spellcasting together - and if not, what is the best way to optimise my binding if I choose to progress in Sorceror?

Thanks in advance!

The infamous Legacy Champion is here to save the day.

Needing only 5 ranks in a skill, a feat, and a Weapon of Legacy, it advances one of your existing class's features at every level except 1st and 7th. So you can advance Anima Mage's dual-track progression.

Improved Binding (Tom) increases your EBL (Effective Binding Level) by 2 for the purposes of what level vestige you can bind.

Harry
2012-03-31, 07:41 PM
Legacy champion Would do it while still advance your anima Mage abilities but I recommend you switch sorcerer for wizard due to its faster spell progression and legacy champion losing you 2 caster levels so if you choose wizard you will still get 9th lvl spells so your built will look like this wizard 1/binder 1/anima mage 10/legacy Champion 9 you end with 8 level vestiges 9th lvl spells and you can use vestige metamagic 6 times a day hope I helped:smallsmile:

Darth Stabber
2012-03-31, 08:33 PM
Legacy champion Would do it while still advance your anima Mage abilities but I recommend you switch sorcerer for wizard due to its faster spell progression and legacy champion losing you 2 caster levels so if you choose wizard you will still get 9th lvl spells so your built will look like this wizard 1/binder 1/anima mage 10/legacy Champion 9 you end with 8 level vestiges 9th lvl spells and you can use vestige metamagic 6 times a day hope I helped:smallsmile:

While you lose out on 9s at 20, sorcerer and binder share an ability dependance (CHA), wizard injects INT dependence. There is a perfectly good reason to stick it out with sorc.

GreenSerpent
2012-03-31, 08:38 PM
Oops. I should have mentioned the Sorcerer was non-negotiable. Plus my rolls weren't the best so I need to reduce MADness.

Legacy Champion? Never heard of it. Weapons of Legacy?
Time to go and ensure the Bard has ranks in Gather Information so we can track one down.

Thurbane
2012-03-31, 09:13 PM
If you don't have access to Weapons of Legacy, Uncanny Trickster (CS) is similar to Legacy Champion (WoL), but only 3 levels, and advances class features 2/3...