PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Trying to find an item for RP purposes

ChimingCopper
2012-03-31, 08:10 PM
My Pathfinder cleric is going to have an NPC love interest who will have absolutely no interest in running around in the woods with the rest of the party. (Why an NPC? Because my DM keeps inadvertantly screwing up the romances we have planned.) However, my cleric will often be away from the city for incredibly long periods of time- a year or more if plans stay solid.

What I am looking for is some sort of item that will allow my cleric to keep in touch with his beloved, without being so incredibly useful that I won't be able to afford it, seeing as we're reward light and while he does belong to a noble house, they're a poor noble house. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

hivedragon
2012-03-31, 08:18 PM
a magic mirror like in beauty and the beast or narwhals vs unicorns might work.

Anderlith
2012-03-31, 09:35 PM
Wand of Sending?

Omegas
2012-03-31, 10:33 PM
Just take the Scry Spell and have her do the same. If she is not a caster find an item that allows here to use Scry. Then aside from two 100g holy water focuses your pretty much cost free. If you need to talk learn Grater Scry and message. Still inexpensive.

lianightdemon
2012-03-31, 10:39 PM
Aspect mirror 4000gp each (complete scoundrel page 113)
Allow them to connect and allows for communication.
Lets you see them too, just need to be on the same plane.

Slipperychicken
2012-04-01, 02:30 AM
Aspect mirror 4000gp each (complete scoundrel page 113)
Allow them to connect and allows for communication.
Lets you see them too, just need to be on the same plane.

And once the villains get her, you can watch them do terrible things to her, or just kill the mirror and leave you wondering. :smalleek:

Additionally, get someone (NPC Wizard, perhaps?) to cast Gemjump (SpC) on your love interest, and hand you the gem. That way, if she gets into trouble, she can teleport over to you as a standard action, and you can protect her in whatever manner you see fit (craft some kind of infinite-air mask, and some spares of course, and stuff her into a bag of holding with a few good books?). Alternatively, craft a contingent Greater Teleport onto her so she can teleport over to you in danger.

Toy Killer
2012-04-01, 10:56 AM
And depending on how you're DM rules ring gates, they could be used to pass notes back and forth, or even conversations. available in the DMG.

You could also just use sending, in the worst case scenario...