PDA

View Full Version : All pony party

Kaeso
2012-03-31, 09:02 PM
Since we're somehow stuck in Ponyland, we might as well start working on an all pony party. I'm sure one of you theoretical optimizers can find a way to make this broken beyond belief, so let's get working, shall we? :smallamused:

Snowbluff
2012-03-31, 09:04 PM
Are there any benefits from being a Beast? I know being a Magical Beast is pretty sweet sweet for Rapid Strike, but past that I got nothing.

Starbuck_II
2012-03-31, 09:07 PM
Well, Unicorns and Pegasi are pretty sweet.
Unicorns seem to be able to cast without hands with their horn.

The Mentalist
2012-03-31, 09:08 PM
Level 1 Ponydin.

Opening Words "Pazuzu Pazuzu Pazuzu"

Start Pun-Pun's ascension.

Pony Archivist into Tainted Scholar
Infinite Casting

Pony with Hoofring of Genie Wish + Pony of Absurd Caster Level (Read The Wish and the Word)

I'll be back with a more seriously pony themed build later.

(I'm thinking a Pony Druid with Pony Leadership)

Ravens_cry
2012-03-31, 09:12 PM
I'll just leave this (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?569049-What-the-hell-Paizo) here.
Someone home brew a cutie mark system and, you know what, I would definitely play a game of this.

The Mentalist
2012-03-31, 09:14 PM
I'll just leave this (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?569049-What-the-hell-Paizo) here.
Someone home brew a cutie mark system and, you know what, I would definitely play a game of this.

Even more for my build.

Thank you for the fodder Raven....

Soon my domination will be complete...

Kuulvheysoon
2012-03-31, 09:15 PM

There already is - Dragonmarks are actually just refluffed cutie marks, don't you know?

EDIT: By the Nine Hells, I spoke too soon -

http://tradwiki.foxxtrot.net/index.php?title=Pony

Alleran
2012-03-31, 09:16 PM
You could just have them work like Dragonmarks, really.

ScionoftheVoid
2012-03-31, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure if it actually works, or what specific transformation abilities you'd have to use to get it to, but I've heard of a trick involving turning yourself into an Animal and Awakening yourself over and over for arbitrary amounts of Intelligence, Charisma and HD. That could work for "TO pony", right?

Tvtyrant
2012-03-31, 09:25 PM
Cutie Pox would be a disease that makes you cast a SLA from the list of Dragonmarks, the spell being chosen at random from a list.

Alleran
2012-03-31, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure if it actually works, or what specific transformation abilities you'd have to use to get it to, but I've heard of a trick involving turning yourself into an Animal and Awakening yourself over and over for arbitrary amounts of Intelligence, Charisma and HD. That could work for "TO pony", right?
AFAIK, it involves Dweomerkeeper and Supernatural Spell, chaining stuff together so that you turn into an animal/tree/whatever, and have a contingency (duplicated through Limited Wish cast Supernaturally) that triggers Awaken (also cast Supernaturally) on you. Or something.

Ravens_cry
2012-03-31, 09:28 PM
Sure, that could work. If anyone wants to DM, well, we do have a whole sub-forum dedicated to play-by-post.
Let's make this happen people.

Calanon
2012-03-31, 09:47 PM
Hmm...

What level are we starting at? :smalltongue:

Highly influenced my design (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43AuJjuxqAw) :smallamused:

grarrrg
2012-03-31, 10:15 PM
Somepony needs to make Ponyton Ponyman the Ponyponian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140757).

The Mentalist
2012-03-31, 10:25 PM
Somepony needs to make Ponyton Ponyman the Ponyponian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140757).

Consider it done.

Ravens_cry
2012-03-31, 10:31 PM
Highly influenced my design (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43AuJjuxqAw) :smallamused:
I'm going to need those attack ships again. :smalleek:

Calanon
2012-03-31, 10:50 PM
I'm going to need those attack ships again. :smalleek:

Earth pony Cleric dedicated to the Cult of the Nightmare Moon :smallamused: (Madness, Moon, Envy, Chaos and Evil)

I like where this game is going :smallamused:

Darth Stabber
2012-03-31, 10:52 PM
Hmm...

What level are we starting at? :smalltongue:

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!!!!!!!

Disturbing. I laughed, but to be fair, I am already a bit touched.:smalleek:

Namfuak
2012-03-31, 11:00 PM
One problem that is going to get run into is the LA for unicorns and pegasi. Funny enough, I've actually been building a pegacorn to be my planar cohort (from Thaumatergist 5), so here goes (this is all from SRD):

Half-Celestial Unicorn
Size/Type: Large Outsider (native, good)
Hit Dice: 4d10 RHD + 28
Initiative: +8
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares), fly 120 ft
Armor Class: 20 (–1 size, +4 Dex, +7 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+13
Attack: Horn +14 melee (2d6+8)
Full Attack: Horn +14 melee (2d6+10) and 2 hooves +5 melee (1d4+4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., magic circle against evil, spell-like abilities, immunity to poison, charm, disease, and compulsion, low-light vision, scent, wild empathy, smite evil 1/day, DR 5/magic, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and electricity 10
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +8, Will +8
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 19, Con 25, Int 12, Wis 24, Cha 28
Skills: Jump +21, Listen +11, Move Silently +9, Spot +11, Survival +8* (note: due to the half-celestial template's wording, it seems like after acquiring it your skill points are set at (8+int) *(HD+3) and you redistribute them, which would give this creature 9*7=63 skill points to distribute)
Feats: Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Weapon (horn)
Alignment: Neutral good
Advancement: 5–8 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: +8 (cohort)
Magic Circle against Evil (Su): This ability continuously duplicates the effect of the spell. A unicorn cannot suppress this ability.

Spell-Like Abilities: Unicorns can use detect evil at will as a free action. Half-Celestials can use the daylight spell at will.
Half-Celestials gain the following spell-like abilities, with CL=HD and save DCs based on charisma, usable 1/day unless noted:
Protection from evil 3/day, bless, Aid, detect evil

Once per day a unicorn can use greater teleport to move anywhere within its home. It cannot teleport beyond the forest boundaries nor back from outside.

A unicorn can use cure light wounds three times per day and cure moderate wounds once per day (caster level 5th) by touching a wounded creature with its horn. Once per day it can use neutralize poison (DC 21, caster level 8th) with a touch of its horn. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Wild Empathy (Ex): This power works like the druid’s wild empathy class feature, except that a unicorn has a +6 racial bonus on the check.

Skills: Unicorns have a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks. *Unicorns have a +3 competence bonus on Survival checks within the boundaries of their forest.

A funny concept I also had was a pegasus bard, who used perform (whinny) as his main perform skill. Also, since he was my mount, I would form a telepathic link with him (or use speak with animals), and max out his appraise score, so that whenever I was deciding on whether a price was fair, I would bring the item outside, let him inspect it, and he would tell me through the link whether the price was right. I wouldn't try to hide the fact the pegasus had made this decision - I'd just walk right up to the shopkeep and say "My mount says this is worth less than what you are asking me to pay for it."

Darth Stabber
2012-03-31, 11:35 PM
(...)max out his appraise score, so that whenever I was deciding on whether a price was fair, I would bring the item outside, let him inspect it, and he would tell me through the link whether the price was right. I wouldn't try to hide the fact the pegasus had made this decision - I'd just walk right up to the shopkeep and say "My mount says this is worth less than what you are asking me to pay for it."

That is great!

Reminds me of the time I build a really stupid sorcerer with a psuedo-dragon familiar and RP's the psuedo-dragon.

Ravens_cry
2012-04-01, 12:58 AM
Pegasus Pathfinder Rogue-Scout and Knife Master Archytypes.
"Death from Above!"
http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h355/ravens_cry/DeathFromAbove.png

Ason
2012-04-01, 01:03 AM
Sure, that could work. If anyone wants to DM, well, we do have a whole sub-forum dedicated to play-by-post.
Let's make this happen people.

Depending on the posting rate and campaign length, I'd be game to be a player.

One problem that is going to get run into is the LA for unicorns and pegasi. Funny enough, I've actually been building a pegacorn to be my planar cohort (from Thaumatergist 5), so here goes (this is all from SRD)

"Um, I do believe you mean [I]Alicorn, the magical fusion of Pegasus and Unicorn, which by default draws from the body types of all three pony tribes."

Sorry, I had to do that. It's in the rules somewhere. :smallredface:

Calanon
2012-04-01, 01:35 AM
Hmm... Tempted to make Princess Luna (As Night Mare Moon) as a God using Dicefreak deity rules :smallamused:

Arbane
2012-04-01, 01:39 AM
This seems possibly relevant:

Unknown Ponies: Failure Is Awesome (http://lurkingrhythmically.blogspot.com/2012/01/unknown-ponies-failure-is-awesome.html), the RPG.

(And anyone who posts in this thread is already reading Friendship is Dragons (http://friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com/), right?)

Ravens_cry
2012-04-01, 01:55 AM
(And anyone who posts in this thread is already reading Friendship is Dragons (http://friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com/), right?)
It follows the show a bit too closely in my opinion.
Now, if you have ever read DM of the Rings or Darths and Droids, it is impressive how the creators weave a completely new story out of the screen shots, changing characters and motivations, even who the heroes and villains are.
That one doesn't so much in my opinion, it's more like they are playing the show. Of course, it's been a month or two since I last read it, so it might have changed.

2xMachina
2012-04-01, 02:11 AM
Legend's Pegasus/Unicorn (based on my little pony) are pretty good.

Namfuak
2012-04-01, 10:00 AM
"Um, I do believe you mean [I]Alicorn, the magical fusion of Pegasus and Unicorn, which by default draws from the body types of all three pony tribes."

Sorry, I had to do that. It's in the rules somewhere. :smallredface:

Three pony tribes? What's the third?

Also, I'd heard of an alicorn, but couldn't find it in SRD or any of the Monster Manuals, so I assumed it was a myth.

Alleran
2012-04-01, 10:05 AM

Also, I'd heard of an alicorn, but couldn't find it in SRD or any of the Monster Manuals, so I assumed it was a myth.
Unicorns, Pegasi and Earth Ponies. Celestia and Luna are often called Alicorns by the fanbase.

Darth Stabber
2012-04-01, 10:07 AM
The three tribes are unicorn, pegasus, and earth pony.

Namfuak
2012-04-01, 10:09 AM
Are Earth Ponies ones that have neither wings nor horns? IE: Regular ponies? Or do they have some magic quality as well?
Also, I saw a post saying DnD actually had a published alicorn, that's why I tried to find it before.

Alleran
2012-04-01, 10:12 AM
Are Earth Ponies ones that have neither wings nor horns? IE: Regular ponies? Or do they have some magic quality as well?
Also, I saw a post saying DnD actually had a published alicorn, that's why I tried to find it before.
Pegasi magic is what allows them to fly (it's not just the wings).
Unicorn magic is obvious.

Earth pony magic usually manifests in a connection to the land and its creatures. Sort of like druids, in a way, coupled with physical ability that unicorns and pegasi lack.

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-04-01, 10:27 AM
Winged Creature Template

Dusk Eclipse
2012-04-01, 10:36 AM
Unicorns, Pegasi and Earth Ponies. Celestia and Luna are often called Alicorns by the fanbase.

[off-topic]Alicorn is official by word of god in Lauren Faust's deviant art page[/off-topic]

Darth Stabber
2012-04-01, 10:42 AM
It must be strange for the MLP crew to be held the standards of internal consistancy that nerds demand. If they contradict previous canon they are going to reap the whirlwind, unlike every other program with the same target demographic.

Starbuck_II
2012-04-01, 10:53 AM
Don't forget the Pony cousins:
Zebra ponies (witch doctor/alchemists)
Mules (We've only seen two so far)

Alleran
2012-04-01, 11:02 AM
[off-topic]Alicorn is official by word of god in Lauren Faust's deviant art page[/off-topic]
Well, I don't keep track all that closely, after all.

Darth Stabber
2012-04-01, 11:04 AM

Actually we've only seen one mule, but we have seen two donkeys.

grarrrg
2012-04-01, 12:23 PM

Zebra ponies are, presumably, just Earth Ponies with different colored coats that come from "not-Africa".
And given that we've only seen 1, it's not really fair to saddle the whole herd of Zebras with the Witch Doctor stereotype.
The Witch Doctoring could just be an acquired skill, as it doesn't seem to need any magic on the part of the user.

And given the 'magical' nature of the show, Mules may not work the same way they do in the real world.
And Mules (presumably) do NOT have Cutie Marks, which further separates them from Pony-kind.

Frosty
2012-04-01, 12:35 PM
A pony who takes levels in Paladin will eventually develop a divine bond with a Rider instead of a Mount right?:smalltongue:

Pokonic
2012-04-01, 12:47 PM
Zebra ponies are, presumably, just Earth Ponies with different colored coats that come from "not-Africa".
And given that we've only seen 1, it's not really fair to saddle the whole herd of Zebras with the Witch Doctor stereotype.
The Witch Doctoring could just be an acquired skill, as it doesn't seem to need any magic on the part of the user.

And given the 'magical' nature of the show, Mules may not work the same way they do in the real world.
And Mules (presumably) do NOT have Cutie Marks, which further separates them from Pony-kind.

Well, Zebras could have Wisdom as a score they could take in lew of Endurance at charecter creation, which could help class-choice wise. Helps with all that evil enchanting, you see.

I would give Donkeys a dwarven-like role in the party, with Mules being, well, Muls (From Dark Sun).

Buffalo are like Goliaths, but with a charging bonus instead of a few bony bumps on there skin.

A pony who takes levels in Paladin will eventually develop a divine bond with a Rider instead of a Mount right?:smalltongue:

Nah, they bond with a choice ally . On the other hand, a loyal magical animal may be used for such things.

Frosty
2012-04-01, 01:01 PM
Nah, they bond with a choice ally . On the other hand, a loyal magical animal may be used for such things.So Paladins automatically get Leadership at level 5? Or do you mean all Paladins get a Spike (or equivalent) at level 5?

Pokonic
2012-04-01, 01:14 PM
Or do you mean all Paladins get a Spike (or equivalent) at level 5?

Pretty much, yeah.

Frosty
2012-04-01, 01:15 PM
So drop paladins further down a tier by giving them a Familiar instead of a Special Mount? :smallannoyed:

Pokonic
2012-04-01, 01:26 PM
Ehh, it would be more like a cohort, realy. As in, it's inteligent, more than capiable of fending for itself, but is still weaker than the PC. It would simply be restricted to the form of a creature (magical or otherwise).

Soranar
2012-04-01, 01:56 PM
Humm, a party of ponies.

Well an awakened pony would get the following stats

STR +4, DEX +4, CON +4, WIS +2, CHA -2,

a +2 to natural armor and 40ft movement, bonus feat endurance

And you have to take 2 magical beast levels

Still those are pretty impressive physical stats. If you're deadset on wings you can take dragonborn of bahamut.

Pony number 1 (mister goody twohooves)

template: dragonborn of bahamut (wings), saint (assuming LA buyoff)

Magical beast 2, Paladin 18

key feats: from smite to song, dragon mount (who also took VOP and changed into humanoid form to ride you), travel devotion

Pony number 2 (the hippy)

Magical beast 2, Druid 18

key feats: practiced spellcaster, natural spell (gives you a way to cast in pony form), you could also go Vow of Poverty and natural bond (to get the best possible animal companion)

have your animal companion ride you

Pony number 3 (the showoff)

Magical beast 2, Factotum 8, Warmind 10 (because an expanded hoof to the face is much better than a standard sized one)

key feat: take obtain familiar and a form of improved familiar and have it ride you (coure eladrin are humanoids)

Finally

Pony number 4 (the pony that kills you with his brain)

magical beast 2, erudite 18

he's too smart to be ridden

bluerocker
2012-04-01, 02:45 PM
Pony party, eh? What about clerics of a horse god?

Zaq
2012-04-01, 03:30 PM
Four soulmelds will get you pretty close to a certain specific pony. You have to ignore the appearance of one of them, but that shouldn't be an issue.

1) Beast Tamer Circlet. Bind this to your totem. This gives you a nice big insight bonus to Wild Empathy checks, and to Handle Animal as well. As the bind effect, you can also cast Animal Trance, which is perfect.
2) Unicorn Horn. This doesn't look like a unicorn's horn. I'd say it looks more like big soulful eyes or something. Anyway, it gives you a nice big competence bonus on Wild Empathy checks, so it stacks with the Beast Tamer Circlet up there.
3) Pegasus Cloak. Bind this to your shoulders. This lets you fly, though not especially well. If you want to be lower level, you can bind this to your totem and bind the Beast Tamer Circlet to your crown.
4) Brass Mane. Ignore this most of the time. Pretend it's not even there. Every so often, though, when you really need to, dump ALL of your essentia into it and watch your Intimidate score skyrocket.

Eh? Eh? Doesn't do much for a general case, but I think it works well for a certain specific example.

Calanon
2012-04-01, 05:27 PM
So drop paladins further down a tier by giving them a Familiar instead of a Special Mount? :smallannoyed:

No, technically we are dropping everything down by a few tiers since Wizards can only use spells that share kind and friendship... Where is my time stop? I DON'T KNOW!

Thats why a Cleric Archivist would be better in a Pony Campaign... learned that the hard way...

Working on the Cult of the Night Mare Moon and a little something Dedicated to Chaos seeing as he is now our god (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaI5pSdJML8)

Siosilvar
2012-04-01, 05:32 PM

HORSES FOR THE HORSE GOD
FRIENDSHIP FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

I don't have anything on topic to say, I'll take my leave now.

grarrrg
2012-04-01, 05:42 PM
HORSES FOR THE HORSE GOD
FRIENDSHIP FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

MUFFINS FOR THE MUFFINS!

Pokonic
2012-04-01, 05:56 PM
MUFFINS FOR THE MUFFINS!

PRAISE SHE WHO DERPS!

dspeyer
2012-04-01, 07:04 PM
The Ponyfinder excerpt looks like a separate system. This leaves us still wanting Earth Ponies that can stand proud with d&d's unicorn and pegasus.

Earth Pony
{table]Size/Type: |Medium Magical Beast [earth]
Hit Dice: |4d10+24 (46 hp)
Initiative: |+5
Speed: |40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: |13 (+1 Dex, +3 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: |+4/+6
Attack: |Hoof +6 melee (1d3+2)
Full Attack: |2 hooves +6 melee (1d3+2)
Space/Reach: |5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: |—
Special Qualities: |Low-light vision, scent, earth sense, enhance spellcasting
Saves: |Fort +10, Ref +9, Will +0
Abilities: | Str 14, Dex 21, Con 23, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 14
Skills: |Listen +6, Spellcraft +7
Feats: |Endurance, Run
Environment: |Temperate plains of Equestria
Organization: |Village (1000 Earth Ponies, 300 Pegasi, 300 Unicorns)
Challenge Rating: |3
Advancement: |by class level
Level Adjustment: |2[/table]

earth sense (su): Earth Ponies have a mystical link to the earth that provides them a +2 bonus on all perception checks to detect things that are in contact with or otherwise effect the earth.

enhance spellcasting (su): When a spellcaster adjacent to an Earth Pony casts a spell, the pony may choose to enhance it as an immediate action. First the pony chooses how much support to provide (as a positive integer). Then the pony makes a spellcraft check dc 10+5*support. If the pony succeeds, the spellcaster receives the support. If multiple ponies are adjacent and support, the support stacks. The spellcaster can either use the support to increase the caster level of the spell (1 point of support per level), or the save dc (2 points of support per dc) or the cost of a metamagic feat (3 points of support per slot level, costs cannot be decreased below zero). Spellcraft is always a class skill for Earth Ponies, regardless of what classes they take.

I hope I haven't completely mangled the MLP:FIM universe. I don't actually know it beyond cultural osmosis and a skim of tvtropes. Maybe I should learn some. It has come up (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219438&page=4#110) before (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219438&page=5#128)

grarrrg
2012-04-01, 07:56 PM
The Ponyfinder excerpt looks like a separate system. This leaves us still wanting Earth Ponies that can stand proud with d&d's unicorn and pegasus.

No, its still basic Ponyfinder, they just made special "PC friendly" stat blocks for Unicorns and Pegesi.
If it helps think of them as Ponicorn and Ponisus, and there are still "normal" unicorn/pegasus, just that the Pony-fied versions are PC compliant.