PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Elder Evils

Laniius
2012-03-31, 10:24 PM
Are there any other elder evils out there other than the ones introduced in the Elder Evils book (that aren't homebrew)? Thanks.

The Mentalist
2012-03-31, 10:28 PM
Lords of Madness has 5 according to Wikipedia.

DeltaEmil
2012-03-31, 10:41 PM
Dendar the night serpent is a FR-specific Elder Evil statted up in Champions of Ruin. The Elder Evils in Lords of Madness that The Mentalist has mentioned do not have stats. Tome of Magic mentions that Fenrir is an Elder Evil, and that the vestige Chupoclops also was one before it was killed (no stats for both either).

AslanCross
2012-03-31, 11:16 PM
FR:
-Dendar the Night Serpent
-Kezef the Chaos Hound
-The Elf-Eater
(all from Champions of Ruin)

Eberron:
-Tiamat (no stats, but she's more of an Elder Evil here than a goddess
-The Daelkyr (Eberron Campaign Setting)
-Kalaraq Quori (of the ruling class of Dal Quor, these insane CR 20s can qualify) (Secrets of Sarlona)
-The Rakshasa Rajahs (Dragon 337)--Tiamat is actually one of them, although she's considered extremely powerful as she can dominate the most powerful race on Eberron (dragons).

General:
-The Demon Princes and Archdevils from the Fiendish Codices should qualify as well.

The_Snark
2012-03-31, 11:33 PM
Lords of Madness has 5 according to Wikipedia.

Sort of. The elder evils discussed in Lords of Madness are the unknowable primordial entities venerated (sort of) by aboleths. They are not the same as the beings presented in the Elder Evils sourcebook; I'm sure you could use any one of them as the basic concept for an Elder Evil, but the writeups in Lords of Madness are only about a paragraph long. No signs of apocalypse, no campaign ideas, no stat blocks for avatars and cultists and minions. You'd have to make almost everything up yourself.

I'm led to understand that there was an Elder Evil (in the Elder Evils format, I mean) named Shogrothat published in Dragon Magazine, but I don't know much else about it.

Alleran
2012-04-01, 12:15 AM
-The Rakshasa Rajahs (Dragon 337)--Tiamat is actually one of them, although she's considered extremely powerful as she can dominate the most powerful race on Eberron (dragons).
The Rajahs are more like deities, I think, if only because they have powers and abilities that are almost carbon copies of divine ranks and SDAs.

HunterOfJello
2012-04-01, 12:30 AM
There are some very awesome homebrew elder evils around the boards. They're much better than the ones in the Elder Evils books.

AslanCross
2012-04-01, 12:35 AM
I'm led to understand that there was an Elder Evil (in the Elder Evils format, I mean) named Shogrothat published in Dragon Magazine, but I don't know much else about it.

Shothragot. (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Shothragot) Unfortunately the article it was featured on has long since disappeared. Thankfully I have the article scrapbooked, if anyone is interested. PM me.

The Rajahs are more like deities, I think, if only because they have powers and abilities that are almost carbon copies of divine ranks and SDAs.

True, although the treatment of the Rajahs as "imprisoned beings of apocalyptic power" is more in line with Elder Evils than deities, which tend to be "beings who maintain the status quo of the universe" rather than upset it. The release of any of the Rajahs would spell the doom of nations, especially in a low-leveled world like Eberron.